Target Ad 9/23 - 9/29

Mikerocosms

CAGiversary!
New Releases coming out Tuesday, September 25, 2012:
Marvel's The Avengers:

• DVD - $16.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD) - $19.99 *Target exclusive includes bonus disc "Marvel Studios: Building a Cinematic Universe"*
  • Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack + Complete Album Digital Music Download (includes Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy) - $24.99 *Target exclusive includes bonus disc "Marvel Studios: Building a Cinematic Universe"*
Bond 50 22-Film Collection:

• DVD - $115.99
  • Blu-ray - $169.99
American Horror Story: The Complete First Season:

• DVD - $24.99 *Target exclusive includes Q&A*
  • Blu-ray - $29.99 *Target exclusive includes Q&A*
Family Guy: Volume Ten:

• DVD - $26.99
NOTE: Reposting of any part of this article requires a link back to the original article.
$7.99 DVD:

• The Goonies
  • Diary of a Wimpy Kid
  • The Last Song
  • Austin Powers 3-Film Collection
  • more in-store
$10.00 DVD:

• Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel
  • The Smurfs
  • Jack and Jill
  • Sherlock Holmes
  • more in-store
$9.99 - $14.99 DVD / $14.99 - $22.99 Blu-ray:

• Thor
  • Iron Man 2
  • The Incredible Hulk
  • more in-store
TV on DVD:

• Teen Wolf: Season 1 - $12.99
  • Hatfields & McCoys - $22.99
  • Two and a Half Men: Season 9 - $24.99
  • Revenge: Season 1 - $29.99
  • more in-store

Thanks to Annie Chu!

M

For any Harry Potter fans, the long awaited Ultimate Edition for Year 7 is rumored to be a Target exclusive (until 11/13 supposedly) and released on 9/25. It's not in the ad, and I'm not sure about what price it will be either if this is true.

I submitted the $24.99 price to Amazon for the 3D Avengers set.

Does anyone know anything about the content of the Target exclusive DVD (aside from the 90 minute runtime)? I might cancel my Amazon preorder and buy at Target simply for the bonus DVD.

Using my RedCard will help outweigh the cost for most of the tax I suppose.

Can it be done? Can I price match Target's $24.99 Avengers set at Best Buy for their $29.99?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I submitted the $24.99 price to Amazon for the 3D Avengers set.

Does anyone know anything about the content of the Target exclusive DVD (aside from the 90 minute runtime)? I might cancel my Amazon preorder and buy at Target simply for the bonus DVD.

Using my RedCard will help outweigh the cost for most of the tax I suppose.[/QUOTE]

If Amazon matches this price, would the price drop to 19.99? They had a coupon offer for a while so my price right now is showing as 24.96..

[quote name='xbox_mole']Just a word of warning if anyone is going to order the Avengers on Target.com it appears they have their images messed up on the Target Exclusive Versions with the bonus disc.

4 Disc description has the 2 disc artwork - http://www.target.com/p/marvel-s-th...ck-includes-90-minute-bonus-disc/-/A-14178658

2 Disc description has the 4 disc artwork - http://www.target.com/p/marvel-s-th...ck-includes-90-minute-bonus-disc/-/A-14095158[/QUOTE]

Ugh, it's a trite thing, but is that really the box art? The images for the box art up on Amazon are much nicer. Is this some exclusive packaging or something? Because if they matched the price, I'd order Amazon based on that alone.

[quote name='Havokscry']$20 3D blu at Amazon would be nice, if they do price match. :)[/QUOTE]Agreed. Hopefully it'll show up at the discounted price by Sunday or Monday.

[quote name='sangredekrazy']If Amazon matches this price, would the price drop to 19.99? They had a coupon offer for a while so my price right now is showing as 24.96..[/QUOTE]It'll be $19.99 AC, yes. It's currently $29.96 before the coupon, $24.96 AC.

[quote name='shrike4242']
It'll be $19.99 AC, yes. It's currently $29.96 before the coupon, $24.96 AC.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, here's to hoping!

[quote name='xbox_mole']Just a word of warning if anyone is going to order the Avengers on Target.com it appears they have their images messed up on the Target Exclusive Versions with the bonus disc.

4 Disc description has the 2 disc artwork - http://www.target.com/p/marvel-s-th...ck-includes-90-minute-bonus-disc/-/A-14178658

2 Disc description has the 4 disc artwork - http://www.target.com/p/marvel-s-th...ck-includes-90-minute-bonus-disc/-/A-14095158[/QUOTE]

Why does the 4-disc set online say that it is "not sold in stores"??? That initially sold me on pre-ordering it, only to find out now that I would save nearly $8 buying in-store on release day... Is there a way to price match Target.com with Target B&M? Is there something I am missing???? o_O

[quote name='vic_x51']I don't like how iron man is in the front center ans not captain America[/QUOTE]

I don't like it either. Captain America is the leader of the Avengers, but I guess Iron Man is more popular, at least in the U.S., so they are going to use his image more prominently. They also show Iron Man without his mask, which he wears 99% of the time, so they can show off R.D. Jr on the cover. But you can barely see Chris Evans' / Captain America's face - a character who only wears his mask half the time. WTF?

Does Target usually sell their exclusive blu-ray thing alongside whatever the regular blu-ray is (that other retailers get)? Or do they only sell their exclusive version?
I want the option to buy the regular 3d/blu/dvd/digital combo from Target rather than Best Buy.

[quote name='MetalGearDraco']I don't like it either. Captain America is the leader of the Avengers, but I guess Iron Man is more popular, at least in the U.S., so they are going to use his image more prominently. They also show Iron Man without his mask, which he wears 99% of the time, so they can show off R.D. Jr on the cover. But you can barely see Chris Evans' / Captain America's face - a character who only wears his mask half the time. WTF?[/QUOTE]

Well in this movie it didn't feel like the Avengers had a true leader yet. Obviously Captain America took more of a leadership role than anyone else but for most of the movie the "leader" of the Avengers felt like Shield. Of course, since they were just starting out and weren't really a team it makes sense, but I'm hoping that with the second movie the Avengers distance themselves from Shield and they become truly their own team.

But anyway, the Iron Man movies are the most popular out of all of the other ones so naturally they would put RDJ in the middle. Besides, in some ways this movie felt a lot like Iron Man 3 featuring Thor, Captain America, and Hulk and I'm sure Disney wants to capture those fans of the Iron Man films that haven't bothered to watch the other super hero movies leading up to Avengers.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Does Target usually sell their exclusive blu-ray thing alongside whatever the regular blu-ray is (that other retailers get)? Or do they only sell their exclusive version?
I want the option to buy the regular 3d/blu/dvd/digital combo from Target rather than Best Buy.[/QUOTE]They only get their exclusive version at time of release.

Later down the cycle after it's been released a while, sometimes they "revert" to the "normal" one.

[quote name='MetalGearDraco']I don't like it either. Captain America is the leader of the Avengers, but I guess Iron Man is more popular, at least in the U.S., so they are going to use his image more prominently. They also show Iron Man without his mask, which he wears 99% of the time, so they can show off R.D. Jr on the cover. But you can barely see Chris Evans' / Captain America's face - a character who only wears his mask half the time. WTF?[/QUOTE]

To get really comic book nerdy, Iron Man was an Avenger before Captain America. IM was one of the founders, whereas CA didnt join up till episode 4. So I guess Iron Man should be front and center. Not to mention that Robert Downey is a much bigger 'star' than Chris Evans right now. (Which of course is the *real* reason IM is up front.)

But you can likely guess which one I prefer (Looks that way

Just cancelled my Amazon order for Avengers (w/$5 off). I've got $10 in target GC, so Target gets my money for a change.
Certainly curious about the post about Potter ultimate edition, but I expect if true, it'll be too expensive.

Good news everyone! For those looking to get The Avengers at Target, they're dropping the 3D ed. to $19.99.! I can't post a pic, but we got a communication saying just that. Don't know why, don't care. There should be a sign up where they post the ads tomorrow.

Enjoy.

[Edit] That drop in price WILL NOT be featured in the ad, however

[Edit 2] When I get in tomorrow I'll confirm that it scans for that much, but there shouldn't be a problem.

[quote name='JediDeath']Good news everyone! For those looking to get The Avengers at Target, they're dropping the 3D ed. to $19.99.! I can't post a pic, but we got a communication saying just that. Don't know why, don't care. There should be a sign up where they post the ads tomorrow.

Enjoy.

[Edit 2] When I get in tomorrow I'll confirm that it scans for that much, but there shouldn't be a problem.[/QUOTE]

awesome, Thats great news. Ill pick that up now for sure.

[quote name='Blumpkin']Do 3D blu-ray play on normal players and TV's? I might just get the 3D Avengers in anticipation of upgrading one day.[/QUOTE]

There is usually another regular blu-ray disc in there.

BTW the sale doesn't start until Tuesday right?

[quote name='decon']There is usually another regular blu-ray disc in there.

BTW the sale doesn't start until Tuesday right?[/QUOTE]

Okay, thanks. And the sale starts today (just got the Sunday paper) but Avengers doesn't come out until Tuesday.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Will Target hold midnight launches for Avengers? I have a feeling these will sell out in record time.[/QUOTE]
I didn't get ay communication on a midnight launch for The Avengers. I know we're doing one for Black Ops 2 though.

And while I haven't looked at the signing, you should be able to get a raincheck if nothing else.

[quote name='jazzman']Hope Amazon will pm the Avengers 3D, making it $14.99 after coupon.[/QUOTE]

That would be sweet but since it looks more like Target made an error with their ad, I'm not so sure that Amazon will PM the 19.99 price.

Here's to hoping!

[quote name='JediDeath']Good news everyone! For those looking to get The Avengers at Target, they're dropping the 3D ed. to $19.99.! I can't post a pic, but we got a communication saying just that. Don't know why, don't care. There should be a sign up where they post the ads tomorrow.

Enjoy.

[Edit 2] When I get in tomorrow I'll confirm that it scans for that much, but there shouldn't be a problem.[/QUOTE]

I took a pic of this in store today

xa1RJ.jpg

I hope this is nationwide, and not just your store, this could be a YMMV thing.

If it is nationwide, then dammit I'm buying the 3D Blu set at Target since I have a $5 gift card. Best price I think I'll ever get for that set. Thanks guys!

I pulled up the Target ad online; the printed piece shows 24.99 but if you expand it, there is a 19.99 price for the 3D version. I don't even have glasses for my 3D TV but for that price, and with a bonus disc, I'm totally in.

[quote name='hypertails02']I hope this is nationwide, and not just your store, this could be a YMMV thing.

If it is nationwide, then dammit I'm buying the 3D Blu set at Target since I have a $5 gift card. Best price I think I'll ever get for that set. Thanks guys![/QUOTE]

Should be nationwide as it's based on a clerical mistake in the ad and multiple stores have signs up like that.

For that price i definitely getting that at Target and get 5% off too since i have a Target card. Just remember target opens at 8am (at least mine does) and not 10.

Man these guys are giving an hour and a half documentary as a bonus, but I already preordered at Best Buy for the steelbook :(

Need a little advice here:

So back when the 3D price was still around $30, I preordered the 2 disc Blu-Ray/DVD at the Disney Store for $24.99 and also received 4 lithographs and a $10 off coupon on my next purchase there. However, now that the 3D edition is gonna be $19.99 at Target I'm leaning towards that instead. My Disney copy just arrived and is unopened, should I return it and try for a Target copy instead? Appreciate any feedback.

[quote name='VenomA7X']Man these guys are giving an hour and a half documentary as a bonus, but I already preordered at Best Buy for the steelbook :([/QUOTE]

If this price-adjustment turns out to be true, then you can buy the Target version, never return for your Pre-order at Best Buy, and it'll still be cheaper than if you followed through with your pre-order.

That's my plan. $7.50 for the Steelbook preorder, $20.00 at Target for the 4 disc & Documentary = $27.50 total. It's be $30 total to go back to Best Buy for the pre-order.

Yeah...I went to a Target in Wentzville, MO and spoke with an associate who happened to be a department supervisor/manager, and politely asked him about the Avengers 3D price adjustment. He radioed another manager about it, who said he read something off of the store's computer bulletin. So this associate ran back to the computer and confirmed that his store is having the $19.99 price on the 3D Set...with only 12 copies on hand. I hope he was mistaken between the 3D set and Blu+DVD set, but I'm certain there will be extra shipments later this week.

Time to get Avengers 3D for $20 - $5 gift card!

yea thats interesting. That store prob didnt get any or enough of the blu-ray+ dvd combo packs. My store is getting over 100. Right below the picture it tells u the other prices for the other versions. I havent heard anything about it so i guess ill find out tomorrow. I have a feeling it might just be that store.

So what's the easiest way for me to get the Target version with the extras since I preordered at BB for the fake Steelbook? Just consider that $7.50 wasted and buy the Target version?

[quote name='MSUHitman']So what's the easiest way for me to get the Target version with the extras since I preordered at BB for the fake Steelbook? Just consider that $7.50 wasted and buy the Target version?[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9996965&postcount=40

If this price-adjustment turns out to be true, then you can buy the Target version, never return for your Pre-order at Best Buy, and it'll still be cheaper than if you followed through with your pre-order.

That's my plan. $7.50 for the Steelbook preorder, $20.00 at Target for the 4 disc & Documentary = $27.50 total. It'd be $30 total to go back to Best Buy for the pre-order.

What I think it is is that they advertised a Blu Ray + DVD + Digital Copy pack in the circular, not knowing that the Digital Copy was only included with the 3D Blus. So I'm thinking it might be $19.99 at all the stores. I'll let y'all know when I go in an hour.

[quote name='RySenkari']What I think it is is that they advertised a Blu Ray + DVD + Digital Copy pack in the circular, not knowing that the Digital Copy was only included with the 3D Blus. So I'm thinking it might be $19.99 at all the stores. I'll let y'all know when I go in an hour.[/QUOTE]

Please do! :)

[quote name='WV Matsui']It says online only :([/QUOTE]

Yeah but on their mobile ad and the weekly ad online when you click on it the advertised price is 19.99.

bread's done
Back