Target Ad June 24th - June 30th: Nintendo NES Classic Edition $59.99

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Nintendo NES Classic Edition - $59.99
Quantities Limited [DPCI 207-29-0180]

New Nintendo 2DS XL - $124.99

Bunch of other games in the ad but all MSRP.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me personally, nostalgia is the biggest reason. I looked everywhere for the SNES and NES with no luck for 1 year. I now have both as of today. A lot of memories, Nintendo is the reason I got into gaming. Since then I've stuck with Sony but Nintendo has always been the first true gaming company for me. Nes was nowhere to be found, now it's in ample supply it seems. You dont have to deal with resellers.
I don’t really remember much but I did have a sega and ps1 for quite a while. Does this come with a bunch of games in it?

Why is everyone goin crazy over this
i bought one played it for about a half hour and wondered what the hell i was thinking playing these old outdated games

another victim to nostalgia, gotta wonder what people are smoking when they say gaming isn't as good as it was back then

i bought one played it for about a half hour and wondered what the hell i was thinking playing these old outdated games

another victim to nostalgia, gotta wonder what people are smoking when they say gaming isn't as good as it was back then
Some of us grew up with these games and they still hold up. Also, a lot of people have many more than just the “30 games” on it... ;)

Went to several Walmart stores hunting for a controller. Plenty of systems to be had at each destination.
This was my experience as well- I went to three Walmarts looking for a spare controller this weekend. I never found one, but each store had at least two NES Classics available. What a change from 2016!

Some of us grew up with these games and they still hold up. Also, a lot of people have many more than just the “30 games” on it... ;)
NES was the first console that was all mine. I had around 500 games for it thanks in great part to rental stores selling off NES games when the SNES got popular. I think growing up with the NES makes a big difference in loving the NES Classic. What I always hear though is, "why not just do a retropi"... well, I have one of them too and for NES... this is better. It's faster booting and shutdown, better controls that feel right (no input lag), and the interface is far superior. This, in many respects is better than playing on the original system too with save states. There will always be people that just don't get it, but then there are always people that gotta shit on someone elses jam.

This was my experience as well- I went to three Walmarts looking for a spare controller this weekend. I never found one, but each store had at least two NES Classics available. What a change from 2016!
Brickseek search for the controller before going to Walmart. Only one of mine had them, but they were hidden on an endcap with random game collectable things. Some people noted they were locked in glass cases... mine was just on a shelf. But Brickseek before just randomly going.

went to midnight release at walmart and opening at target and best buy, tons of consoles, but if you were not the first 5 or 6th person inline the controllers were gone immediately

Last edited by a moderator:
Shitty Gaming Pro Tip: If consoles are readily available, buy two. That way you have two controllers and a spare console to use as a paperweight.

i grew up with them too i got Nintendo as an Easter gift in 1989

a lot has changed for the better since 1989 if you ask me

Just came back from a Target in Orlando and I saw 2 NES Classics sitting in the glass case. This is the first time I have seen these out in the wild. If I was not cash strapped or had most of these games on other platforms, I would have grabbed one.

They also had two SNES Classics as well. What are the odds? Did Nintendo finally solve their stock issues?

i’m enjoying both the nes and snes classics. hakchi is super simple so i have ~ 100 nes games on the nes and ~ 230
snes games on the snes. i also have a retropie which I think is great, but the nes and snes classics work really well...especially with the home menu hack.

I am also in Orlando for vacation. The Walmart near the Westgate timeshare that is near SeaWorld also had 5 NES Classics at 5 pm today.

If Nintendo had any sense they'd rerelease this and the SNES mini for a bit (hell, I'd like for them to rerelease some amiibo)....and put out a GBA mini.

Anybody have luck finding one?  I went to Target and they were out already.  They employee was being a jerk about it too, said they haven't carried them in awhile.  It's in the add moran.  I hate it when people don't read UGH!

They should end that abomination called the N64 virtual console on Nintendo Online and finally release the N64 mini.
It's not going to happen. Nintendo is going to emulate and let folks lease the games, and sell people $50+ replica controllers. It just makes so much more business sense to take away the ownership.

Remember the NES and SNES classics happened because Nintendo wasn't doing well and needed product to sell. They were in between the Wii U and Switch, and needed revenue. SNES Classic came out when the Switch was doing better, but hardly the juggernaut in userbase it is now.

Put simply, there is zero reason for Nintendo to bother with a standalone product like this. May be if Switch 2 craters, you'll see it, though that scenario seems (for now) highly unlikely.

Nintendo NES Classic Edition - $59.99
Quantities Limited [DPCI 207-29-0180]

New Nintendo 2DS XL - $124.99

Bunch of other games in the ad but all MSRP.
Thanks for the tip, OP! Employee found one NES Classic in back that had fallen between the shelves.

I suppose this topic is a pretty good indication of the state of this website. No mods to be seen to bury this in the graveyard. It’s the Wild West in here.

bread's done
Back