Target Ad June 24th - June 30th: Nintendo NES Classic Edition $59.99

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Nintendo NES Classic Edition - $59.99
Quantities Limited [DPCI 207-29-0180]

New Nintendo 2DS XL - $124.99

Bunch of other games in the ad but all MSRP.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who have an Amazon bookstore, you might want to go visit your local store. They had NES Classics behind the counter and was able to pick one up.

Can confirm some WMs are blocking the sale of the controller at the register.
Just came here to post this. Lady told me there was a recall. I definitely laughed because I thought she was just being lazy.

Hmmm... maybe I should test the two controllers I bought last Saturday morning at my local walmart.  When I got mine they were on an endcap and I took them to the front and did the self checkout.   it worked fine, but that was also before Walmart took at the NES Classic systems that were in their database for each store and zeroed them out so they now show zero stock on brickseek.  Still, like most things, it's YMMV.  But if you try, don't take them to the electronics register... DIY up at the front at the self checkout.   If you can't get them, then hide a few over on a bottom shelf in the towels or something so you can get them Friday.

Any word on 24 hour stores like Wal Mart or Meijer and when these should be released?  I'm assuming at Midnight Thursday into Friday.  But I do recall Meijer pulling some crap like not selling stuff until 6:00 AM.  I'm hell bent on getting one this time, but can't camp out at Target cuz I gotta go to work.  Stupid work. 

You should call those particular locations as they will probably decide that on an individual basis. Problem is, Walmart in particular can't be trusted to even really know what it will do on the actual day.

What about the closest WM that opens really early, like 6 o'clock? You could line up before work.

You should call those particular locations as they will probably decide that on an individual basis. Problem is, Walmart in particular can't be trusted to even really know what it will do on the actual day.

What about the closest WM that opens really early, like 6 o'clock? You could line up before work.
In FL, all Wal-Marts are 24 hours. So not sure about that.

Went to the Walmart that had the controllers here last night.  They were still on the shelf and were scan-able at the price checker.   I'm sure I could have self checked out or even taken them to any register up front without issue.   I noticed last night on Brickseek the NES Classic is also showing in stock for pretty much every store within whatever radius it calculates.... so happy hunting anyone that is trying to get one tonight/tomorrow.

so happy hunting anyone that is trying to get one tonight/tomorrow.
tumblr_o55tok0UQn1u8eo0po1_500.gif

Systems should be available at midnight for Walmart and Meijer 24 hour stores. I was able to get the system at midnight the first time.

My Best Buy had three NES controllers out. Price tag and all. The POS wouldn't allow the sale, though. However, since I'm there entirely too much, the store pick-up gal put my name on it and hid it behind the line. So, uh, YMMV?

Of course these get released when I’m working a 24 hour shift. Hopefully I’ll find one Saturday morning.

Probably common knowledge, but SNES Classic controllers work w/ the NES Classic. Same w/ the NES Classic controllers on SNES Classic.

Probably common knowledge, but SNES Classic controllers work w/ the NES Classic. Same w/ the NES Classic controllers on SNES Classic.
I just got an snes and plan on getting the nes tomorrow. I suppose it makes sense, but I did not know that. Thank you! No rush for a second nes controller if I dont see one readily available.

i think these will not be hard to find unlike first time. i called my local stores to see how many. 

best buy - 35

walmart - 50

target - 30

shopko - 25

I expect it to hit at 12 midnight ET/9 Pm PT or....worst case 3 AM ET/Midnight PT.
It’s available now, just not for in store pickup. If I do get one I’ll just swing by Gamestop or something first then go to Best Buy. I honestly don’t know that I’d play it much with the switch online service having some of them in a couple months.

i think these will not be hard to find unlike first time. i called my local stores to see how many.

best buy - 35

walmart - 50

target - 30

shopko - 25
I did the same, but the responses I received where -

best buy - 24

walmart - i dunno

toys r us - fuck off

I went to Walmart at midnight. Waited around in electronics like an idiot for 10 minutes before flagging down an assistant manager who checked and found out they were selling units at checkout 14. Took a stroll down that way (there was no one else waiting in electronics) and stood behind three dude-bros who were waiting in line. I watched, one by one, as the girl at the register materialized an NES Classic (the first time I had ever seen one in person) and sold them to each gentleman in turn, without ever exchanging a word. It was surreal, almost like some sort of cult ritual. I kept looking around to see if anyone else noticed this, but it was just that strange twilight hour. Finally, it was my turn. I mustered a "hey" while she produced the glossy looking rectangular box from nowhere. Inserted my card, went through the whole song-and-dance, then walked out the store, almost as in a dream. I clutched the Prize close to me on my way back to the parking lot, expecting at any second to be accosted by an undesirable. I made it back to my ride in one piece. No pomp or fanfare. And with that, my two-year journey had come to an end.

OlkwDoS7.png

IMG_1722.jpg

TLDR: Got one at Walmart!  Also locked down an SNES Classic. :beer:

Last night about 7pm I went out to scope the local walmart that was going to have just over two dozen NES Classics.  They were setting up a few shelves in a display case.  It looked like this might be where they'd put the systems.  I picked up another NES controller and finished shopping (actually there for a few food items).  When I self checked out sure enough the controller gave me the error this time saying I couldn't buy it and to set it aside and wait for assistance.  So despite the find the price scanner giving no error, checkout did this time.  The lady running the self-checkout came over and I told her how much it was and she just overrode it and typed in "Controller" for what it was.  Nice.

So I went by GameStop because oddly an SNES Classic showed in stock at the store by this Walmart.  Went in and dude said they didn't have any (but they did have NES Classics for tomorrow) and then he verified (because I said it showed on the site they got one today) and then there it was but it was a transfer hold for another customer.  I didn't want to gank someone elses system but the guy kept checking stuff.  Finally the dude said it had a 24 hour hold and I could come back Saturday if the other guy doesn't get it.  Then he says that he could just call another store and have them send one over for me.  Same cost and everything.  Sounded good to me so I stood there, dude made a few phone calls.  First store said no, they just got them in today.  It was nearly hour drive to that store which I considered, but I stood there.  Second store said sure and is sending one over.  Dude took down my info.  Super amazed at that GS employee.

I really still kind of wanted a second NES Classic (to keep at the office) but now I didn't really need one that bad since I was getting an SNES Classic (unless GS failed me) so I went home and decided if they were there this morning on Brickseek for my walmart I'd go get one before work.  Sure enough 6:30am and are still showing in stock at this store where as one of the other stores had about 1/2 it's stock. So I checked out that same Walmart... the display case had WiiU games in it and so I ventured over to the checkout which at this walmart is also sort of the photo center and lock cages for electronics.  Lady called another lady to get them and they brought out all of the systems to put in the lock cages.  I think maybe they sold maybe one of them between midnight and 7:30am... and I was the lone person there this morning.  Nice.  Got msyelf a second NES Classic sitting on my desk and if GS comes through an SNES Classic on the way.  I now have dual controllers for both NES Classics and an extra (which these things can also be used with the WiiMote on the Wii & WiiU).  I know, SNES Classic controllers are compatible but I intend my NES Classics to stay NES only so it'll mean more to me to play with the OG styled controllers.

Whew.

hqdefault.jpg

Walmart doesn't know if they have any until they check the security cage.

BestBuy has NO line.

May check back with both and see later.

Target by me still had “plenty” at noon. There was no signage or products on display. Everything was in back, just had to ask an electronics worker for it.

I guess I missed something- why is everyone here so interested in getting an extra controller?  Do a bunch of games that come with the NES Classic feature 2-player multiplayer?  Or is the cord on the standalone controller longer than the one that comes with the system?

I guess I missed something- why is everyone here so interested in getting an extra controller? Do a bunch of games that come with the NES Classic feature 2-player multiplayer? Or is the cord on the standalone controller longer than the one that comes with the system?
  • Balloon Fight
  • Bubble Bobble
  • Double Dragon II: The Revenge
  • Dr. Mario
  • Ice Climber
  • Mario Bros
  • Super C
  • Tecmo Bowl
For me it's mainly Super C, Bubble Bobble & Double Dragon 2... though Dr. Mario is nice.

Of course if you hack it then... yeah, list gets much longer.

For SNES Classic, Gamestop has been getting them in.  They were showing up yesterday in stores, but I think they have been continually getting them.  Talk to the sales guy... ask about the system.  If he's cool like the person I dealt with he'll call around the other stores that show they have them and will get one transferred to your local store.

Last Friday Amazon had a preorder up for the SNES Classic as well as Gamestop.  Keep an eye out ... they could do that again.

Beyond that, use your phone and pull up the Gamestop website, look for the system and look to see which stores say they have a new one in.  For some reason the desktop version of the site doesn't show stock... but the phone version always seems to work for me.   Also brickseek for the system with Walmart and Target.  There was  Walmart about an hour away that had two, but it wasn't worth it to drive or call and hope I got someone that would hold it (let alone take the time to verify they had it).   Also when brickseeking, there are two sku's for the SNES Classic with Walmart.  Google should reveal both links.  The Gamestop option overall was the least painful, especially since it's super close to work and when they call I can just go pick mine up.  Preordering would have been easier but by time I decided I wanted one for sure they were sold out and GS had an estimated delivery date when I'd be out of town.  Given it's rained here pretty much every afternoon, I didn't want to risk a package showing up at that time.

Happy hunting.

Why is everyone goin crazy over this
For me personally, nostalgia is the biggest reason. I looked everywhere for the SNES and NES with no luck for 1 year. I now have both as of today. A lot of memories, Nintendo is the reason I got into gaming. Since then I've stuck with Sony but Nintendo has always been the first true gaming company for me. Nes was nowhere to be found, now it's in ample supply it seems. You dont have to deal with resellers.

bread's done
Back