Target B2G1 free on wii u games. Stacks with sale prices.

mrbutler14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
All wii u games are B2G1 at target. This deal stacked with the weekly ad sale prices. I managed to get Tekken Tag, Batman and Ninja Gaiden 3 for $90 before tax which is a great deal. Other games on sale at $45 were Scribblenauts, Madden and Nba 2k13.

I don't see this in the current ad. If there is an ad for it I'd like to do a PM at BB for reward zone points.

Bought AC3 last week @ best buy on sale and really enjoying. Also ZombiU is so tense and atmospheric. Really enjoyed it

While I can see how ZombiU is a polarizing experience, for me it was one of the most unique and interesting experiences of 2012. You have to get over the initial learning curve and get some weapons. But once you get the pistol and crossbow, you really don't need to rely solely on the cricket bat (as many reviews say). Part of this was due to the patch that upped ammo and added random survivor spawns with extra ammo.

That being said, once I finished it I didn't have any desire to go back and promptly traded it to BB. Of the six games I own for Wii U, it was the only one that seemed to justify the gamepad. If you have a Wii U and any interest in horror, zombies, survival or similar, you really owe it to yourself to at least try Zombi U.

I second ZombiU if nothing else for the multiplayer experience of using the gamepad to spawn zombies on your friends.

Nintendoland is by far the best game I have played on Wii U though. I've had many people over to play it and it is definitely one of the best multiplayer experiences you will have...If you're looking for a game to play with your friends, that's a must buy.

Since Target PMs now, how does the whole Seven days thing work? I wanted to get AC3 at $45 since it was that price at best buy past week. Do I have seven days to PM it or what?

Hmm.. I have Scribblenauts, NSMBU, and Nintendoland. I don't think there are 3 other games worth getting (I own and have played all the good third party titles and the ZombiU demo was trash). Wish there was though, as I am digging the Wii U a lot.

This probably means that they're clearing out stock for the 1st quarter releases. I'm getting a few of those. What I miss, though, are the old days (Atari 2600, Intellivision) where new titles would just dribble out whenever. It was really exciting to just walk into the store and see a few new titles show up. I know the internet takes away part of the surprise element, but it's also this big end of quarter push. It seems that all the new titles come out about the same time in bunches. Sure there was a Christmas push before, but release dates seemed to be scattered throughout the year as well.

[quote name='mrbutler14']All wii u games are B2G1 at target. This deal stacked with the weekly ad sale prices. I managed to get Tekken Tag, Batman and Ninja Gaiden 3 for $90 before tax which is a great deal. Other games on sale at $45 were Scribblenauts, Madden and Nba 2k13.[/QUOTE]

How did this add up to 90?
Tekken is 45
Ninja Gaiden is 45
Batman according to the website is at 59.99.
So this should have been 104.99 before tax.

Can you please confirm.
Thanks

[quote name='jessesixto']How did this add up to 90?
Tekken is 45
Ninja Gaiden is 45

Can you please confirm.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Instore it definitely has a sale price of $44.99. It was sold out in the first target I went to so I had to go to a different store to get it and it was the same price there as well so I am pretty sure it wont be ymmv.

[quote name='jessesixto']How did this add up to 90?
Tekken is 45
Ninja Gaiden is 45

Can you please confirm.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Batman is $45 in store. Saw it yesterday as I was browsing.

I'm waiting until Target starts having B2G1 on their Wii U stock ;-)

Seriously though, 2 Targets last week had 6 Basic and 2 Deluxe each, and they looked like they hadn't moved since I saw them the week before. I've never seen anybody else even look into the case, and I only ever see people on the kiosk complaining about the lack of playable demos. I don't think those things are selling.

[quote name='rjejr']I'm waiting until Target starts having B2G1 on their Wii U stock ;-)

Seriously though, 2 Targets last week had 6 Basic and 2 Deluxe each, and they looked like they hadn't moved since I saw them the week before. I've never seen anybody else even look into the case, and I only ever see people on the kiosk complaining about the lack of playable demos. I don't think those things are selling.[/QUOTE]
I know that the kiosk not having playable demos is a big hit. I've had friends go into wal-mart with me and want to try the new wii out and it just shows videos x.x. No average person is going to buy a console they can't at least try out if they weren't interested in it prior.

From what I just saw:

Batman Arkham City
Ninja Gaiden 3
Tekken
Scribblenauts
were all 45$

Everything else was also part of buy 2 get 1 but at retail price. Same they were out of Mario when I got there.

So why wasn't this in their ad? I went to Target last night after seeing this thread and asked the woman at electronics about this sale, she said it wasn't in their ad and that there was no sale. I picked 3 games anyways to ring up and sure enough one of them came out free, which seemed to surprise the hell out of her.

Anyways thanks for the heads up OP. I picked up Ninja Gaiden,Scribblenauts.

[quote name='rjejr']I'm waiting until Target starts having B2G1 on their Wii U stock ;-)

Seriously though, 2 Targets last week had 6 Basic and 2 Deluxe each, and they looked like they hadn't moved since I saw them the week before. I've never seen anybody else even look into the case, and I only ever see people on the kiosk complaining about the lack of playable demos. I don't think those things are selling.[/QUOTE]

Well I don't think we are going to see another spike in sales until Pikmin 3 drops, if even then. Everyone who wants the console either bought it at launch or for X-Mas.

And let's be honest here: There's really not much worthwhile on the console. Sure, there are plenty of AAA ports, but with only a couple exceptions they are better and cheaper on the other consoles (ACIII has extra missions/story on PS3, Arkham City comes with a movie on 360/PS3, ME3 let's you move saves from ME/ME2, ect). And who among us is willing to pay $60 for a bare bones 2D platformer farted out for the launch, with no online play/level creation to speak of? All they did was throw in Mii's, a couple extra power-ups, and screwed around in their level creator? NintendoLand is cool for a mini-game compilation, but it is still a mini-game compiliation. And ZombiU, while fun when it actually works (and making fantastic use of the WiiU gamepad), is just too damn buggy/glitchy to have ever been allowed to see the light of day and was a great reminder of why I always avoid any Ubisoft game that doesn't have "Assassin's Creed" somewhere in the title.

So yeah, sorry for my rant, but with so few exclusives on the way and a lack of a lot of 3rd party titles coming up, I can see why sales have slowed to a crawl (assuming they have indeed slowed, for all I know my town has an inexplicable overabundance of WiiU's compared to everywhere else).

So why wasn't this in their ad? I went to Target last night after seeing this thread and asked the woman at electronics about this sale, she said it wasn't in their ad and she knew nothing about it. I picked 3 games anyways to ring up and sure enough one of them came out free, she said she had no idea they were doing this sale.

Anyways thanks for the heads up OP. I picked up Ninja Gaiden,Scribblenauts.

Well I don't think we are going to see another spike in sales until Pikmin 3 drops, if even then. Everyone who wants the console either bought it at launch or for X-Mas.

And let's be honest here: There's really not much worthwhile on the console. Sure, there are plenty of AAA ports, but with only a couple exceptions they are better and cheaper on the other consoles (ACIII has extra missions/story on PS3, Arkham City comes with a movie on 360/PS3, ME3 let's you move saves from ME/ME2, ect). And who among us is willing to pay $60 for a bare bones 2D platformer farted out for the launch, with no online play/level creation to speak of? All they did was throw in Mii's, a couple extra power-ups, and screwed around in their level creator? NintendoLand is cool for a mini-game compilation, but it is still a mini-game compiliation. And ZombiU, while fun (and making fantastic use of the WiiU gamepad), is just too damn buggy/glitchy to have ever been allowed to see the light of day.

So yeah, sorry for my rant, but with so few exclusives on the way and a lack of a lot of 3rd party titles coming up, I can see why sales have slowed to a crawl (assuming they have indeed slowed, for all I know my town has an inexplicable overabundance of WiiU's compared to everywhere else).

Ok I went and grabbed a few things (NG3, Darksiders 2, and Scribblenauts)

Wish they had some other games out lol

0F0DB6EE-280F-4599-A2DC-183C2AE6594E-24747-000021DA53F8BD13.jpg

[quote name='Sammie2980']Ok I went and grabbed a few things (NG3, Darksiders 2, and Scribblenauts)

[/QUOTE]

Tekken Tag 2's definitive version is definitely the WiiU one, if you have any interest in that.
Otherwise, yeah, I know what you mean.

Tekken is on sale? Damn this deal is so tempting!
Anyone know if I can PM that price of AC3 for $45 at target? How does that seven day rule thing work?

Wii grabbed all the launch games we wanted over the hoiday season with various deals. If they want any more of our money, they'll have to release more titles. You'd think Nintendo would release at least one every two weeks to keep interest high.

I was considering tekken but no arcade stick and not buying one for Wii U when all my fighters and sticks are 360 and PS3. Though Tekken Ball is tempting lol

At this point if I bought any of the other multiplat games I would just be double dipping like with NG3, but the extra characters are worth it imho.

AC3 is almost worth it for the map on the gamepad but meh almost finished with AC3 on other console soo yeah lol

[quote name='Deader2818']I only really want tekken tag and sonic racing, which of the 45 dollar games trade in for the most at best buy?[/QUOTE]

Target generally spreads the discount over all three, so you can just return the third. It will most likely be more than you'll get for trading whatever the third happens to be.

i looked and batman trades in for 37.80. sonic would be the free game at 39.99.

if they did that, that would make batman cost about 31.67 so i think id actually get more trading it in.

[quote name='Sammie2980']Ok I went and grabbed a few things (NG3, Darksiders 2, and Scribblenauts)

[/QUOTE]
Great sale on a new console and nothing's sold out?!

[quote name='bojay1997']Target generally spreads the discount over all three, so you can just return the third. It will most likely be more than you'll get for trading whatever the third happens to be.[/QUOTE]
They didn't on my reciept. Ninja Gaiden 3 rang up as $0, the other games rang up at full price.

[quote name='rcerboss']They didn't on my reciept. Ninja Gaiden 3 rang up as $0, the other games rang up at full price.[/QUOTE]

Did you check the return value which is a separate line on the receipt under each item? I find it hard to believe that two of them are full price and the other is zero as that would open the door to massive return fraud.

[quote name='Wazzup4567']I know this seems a little unethical, but can I return a game to BB without a receipt?[/QUOTE]
Not just unethical but also qualifies as return fraud if you are returning something bought on sale at Target, to another retailer to get full retail value from it. Not trying to be on a high horse here, just stating the facts.

To answer your question, Best Buy generally will not take a return without a receipt. The only store I know of that usually will is WM and even then it is limited to 3 times per year and they will require your ID info. You have to ask yourself if making $20 through fradulent means is really worth it.

Finally, in regard to another post, even if it shows two games at full price on the Target receipt I have always seen language/details indicating that the return value per game is lower then the full price and/or that all items in the package must be returned to receive a full refund. Target is very good about controling loopholes of this kind even if they have been known to have the occasional B1G1 glitch in the past.

[quote name='Wazzup4567']I know this seems a little unethical, but can I return a game to BB without a receipt?[/QUOTE]
Wow, how is talk like this even allowed on here? unbelieveable

[quote name='z24buddy']Not just unethical but also qualifies as return fraud if you are returning something bought on sale at Target, to another retailer to get full retail value from it. Not trying to be on a high horse here, just stating the facts.

To answer your question, Best Buy generally will not take a return without a receipt. The only store I know of that usually will is WM and even then it is limited to 3 times per year and they will require your ID info. You have to ask yourself if making $20 through fradulent means is really worth it.

Finally, in regard to another post, even if it shows two games at full price on the Target receipt I have always seen language/details indicating that the return value per game is lower then the full price and/or that all items in the package must be returned to receive a full refund. Target is very good about controling loopholes of this kind even if they have been known to have the occasional B1G1 glitch in the past.[/QUOTE]
I don't know what Wal-Marts you shop in, but I have a hell of a time making a return WITH a reciept at my local Wal-Mart. Most recently I didn't keep a reciept for a pair of Jeans I had bought and they didn't fit quite right so I tried to exchange them for another pair (I did have all the tags), my god that was a fight in hell to get the return.

[quote name='bojay1997']Did you check the return value which is a separate line on the receipt under each item? I find it hard to believe that two of them are full price and the other is zero as that would open the door to massive return fraud.[/QUOTE]
No I did not. All I saw was that 2 games were listed full price, and one $0. I did ask about returns and was told that anytime they do a b2g1 sale I'd have to return all 3 games unopened, no partial returns or exchanges.

Target - no
Wal-Mart - yes

[quote name='InvaderZim']Target - no
Wal-Mart - yes[/QUOTE]

Target = Yes, at least here in California. Though they give you a max of $70 per 12 month period of non-receipt returns. And of course they will give you the lowest recent sales price.

[quote name='azngtlman']Target = Yes, at least here in California. Though they give you a max of $70 per 12 month period of non-receipt returns. And of course they will give you the lowest recent sales price.[/QUOTE]

Never done it myself but been pretty pissed off at people in front of me in line at both Target and Kmart returning things without a receipt. I once returned something to TRU without a receipt. My inlaws gave the kids something they already had but didn't give us a gift receipt (probably didnt want us to know that they bought it on clearance for almost nothing).

bread's done
Back