Target B2G1 is Back! June 14 - June 20

Exclusions will be YMMV with a manager overide. I did this last year with Death Stranding which was excluded as part of the B2G1 promo.

Seems like all Nintendo Switch games (Nintendo 1st party) are excluded???

Has anyone had any luck with override at Target or price match at other stores?

Your best bet if you want 1st party games at a discount is coming into a Target store on Thanksgiving. They start putting out all of their Black Friday deals on the salesfloor that evening. Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild were slashed to $30 last year.

On Cyber Monday, they also had online-only discounts on Black Friday prices (I don't recall if this affected Switch games since most of those deals were sold out by then - not sure if the discount was an error).

Last edited by a moderator:
On a somewhat related note since some people are talking about The Last Of Us 2, I'm pretty sure Target fucked up my pre-order to come a week after release. It says on the order details screen that it's supposed to come on June 26.

Or was I wrong to assume that Target mails out pre-orders to arrive on release date?

On a somewhat related note since some people are talking about The Last Of Us 2, I'm pretty sure Target fucked up my pre-order to come a week after release. It says on the order details screen that it's supposed to come on June 26.

Or was I wrong to assume that Target mails out pre-orders to arrive on release date?
Wrong! :D

It’s looking like Last of Us II won’t count, unless something changes at midnight. The shipping option is now available as of 10 PM pacific, but there is no promotion offer. Will check again later, as in-store pickup hasn’t gone live yet.

No dice for TLOU2 with store pick-up as part of a b2g1.
Update: didn't work in-store either.

So, my three games were supposed to be here yesterday, and they magically disappeared from the FedEx tracker. I hope that they didn't give them to my post office. The local post office has delivered my last two packages to other houses on my street, and while one neighbor returned my stuff after opening it, I doubt that I'll get three video games back.

bread's done
Back