aTaRiFrEaK223

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
BEST BUY

New Releases coming out Tuesday, June 28, 2011:

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy Extended Edition:

Blu-ray - $69.99
Blu-ray with Collectible 6-Character Trilogy Figurine Set (minimum of 2 per store; figurine set is a $54 value) - $99.99 *Best Buy exclusive*

Sucker Punch:

DVD - $14.99
1-Disc Blu-ray (Movie-Only Edition) - $17.99
Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes Standard DVD and Digital Copy) - $22.99

Season of the Witch:

DVD - $16.99
Blu-ray (includes Digital Copy) - $22.99

Beastly:

DVD - $16.99
Blu-ray - $19.99

Michael Flatley Returns as Lord of the Dance:

DVD with bonus 2-CD set - $14.99 *Best Buy exclusive*

Bonus 2-CD set tracks: 1. Rise of the Tiger; 2. Girls' Night Out; 3. Chicago Fire; 4. The Red Dress; 5. The Old Timber Flute; 6. Wild Horses; 7. You Never Got Me Down; 8. Barbados Blue; 9. One More Time; 10. So Easy; 11. Bad Weather; 12. Warlords; 13. The Whispering; 14. The Spanish Cloak; 15. Turn Me Loose; 16. Under the Moon; 17. The Fifteenth Round; 18. So Sweet; 19. Dance of the Gods; 20. Coleman Country; 21. The Jig Is Up; 22. Matt Molloy's Pub; 23. All Those Years Ago; 24. The Runner Stumbles; 25. The Real Thing (from Lord of the Dance 3D Movie)

Blu-ray - $17.99

Recent Release Favorites:

The Rite:

DVD - $9.99

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1:

DVD - $9.99

No Strings Attached:

DVD - $14.99
Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes Standard DVD and Digital Copy) - $19.99

Cedar Rapids:

DVD - $14.99
Blu-ray (includes Digital Copy) - $19.99

The Green Hornet:

DVD - $14.99
Blu-ray - $19.99

True Blood: The Complete Third Season:

DVD - $32.99
Blu-ray - $37.99

$7.99 Blu-ray:

Bad Boys
Primal Fear
Once Upon a Time in Mexico
Hancock
Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
Underworld
From Dusk Till Dawn

14.99 2-Pack Blu-ray Disc:

American History X / A History of Violence
Comedy Double Feature: Grumpy Old Men / Grumpier Old Men
Action Double Feature - Clint Eastwood: Dirty Harry / Magnum Force
Hitch / Jerry Maguire
Air Force One / In the Line of Fire
Gattaca / The Fifth Element

TARGET

New Releases coming out Tuesday, June 28, 2011:

Season of the Witch:

DVD - $15.99
Blu-ray - $22.99

The Warrior's Way:

DVD - $15.99
Blu-ray (includes Digital Copy) - $22.99

$1.99 DVD:

My One and Only
D-Day: The Invasion - March to Victory
Crazy on the Outside
Princess Collection - 5 Movie Set
Alfred Hitchcock - The Master of Suspense 10 MoviesDVD Set
The Duke
Abraham Lincoln: Father of Freedom
more in-store

$5.99 DVD:

The Kids Are All Right
Couples Retreat
Letters to Juliet
Get Him to the Greek
The Hurt Locker
Shutter Island
It's Complicated
more in-store

$9.99 DVD:

Despicable Me
Megamind
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Use $3 off Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Target coupon to get it for $6.99 after coupon.

more in-store

$5.99 Blu-ray:

Scream 2
more in-store

$9.99 TV on DVD:

Sex and the City: Season 6, Part 2
Weeds: Season Five
Parenthood: Season 1
The Office: Season Two
more in-store

CREDIT TO NEOZ at Bluray.com

[quote name='joshnorm']Maybe that extra 18 mins will help flesh it out a bit. I heard it was lacking in some areas that should have been fleshed out a little[/QUOTE]
And by fleshed out, you mean nudity.

[quote name='chuckywang']I certainly hope so!!! However, a bunch of Hitchcock movies are in the public domain so that may be why. But man, that's still an amazing deal. It's $20 on Amazon right now.[/QUOTE]
If it's the one I'm thinking of at Target, none of the films on the set are well known. Great movies, but none of the "name" titles he's known for.

[quote name='joshnorm']Maybe that extra 18 mins will help flesh it out a bit. I heard it was lacking in some areas that should have been fleshed out a little[/QUOTE]

Nah, I read about what this extra 18 mins is. It's some extensions of the actions scenes, about a 2 min scene with my guy Don Draper, and extensions to the dance numbers.

Won't help this movie not suck.

[quote name='Jodou']And by fleshed out, you mean nudity.[/QUOTE]

Truth, except them rocking school girl outfits most of the time kinda freaked me out. Plus you can already find some Vanessa Hudgens nudes and save yourself the $ and time of sitting through this movie.

Just picked up 1 of 3 copies left of Gattaca/5thElement at BB. Used the $5 off coupon for $9.99 before tax.

I've been picking up about 1 Blu everyday from Best Buy because of this coupon. Does anyone else except me been feeling like a god. I mean seriously, it's that awesome.

just got back from target. 5.99 blu-rays choices are No country for old men, Kill bill vol. 2, crank, scream, scream 2, and scream 3 were the ones that i remember. no country was the only one i picked up

[quote name='Jodou']No shit? No Country for Old Men is $6? Sold.[/QUOTE]

Yup, easily the best Blu available at the Target $6 sale.

Funny thing is, No Country has been going on sale a lot lately. $10 @ Best Buy about 4 weeks ago, $8 @ Target a couple weeks ago, and now $6 @ Target. I've now bought it 3 separate times, returned it once (BB), and need to return another copy ($8 Target copy). But $6 is a steal.

Picked up No Country for old Men at Target, they also had Total Recall and Furry Vengeance but they sold out.

edit: Startgate on Bluray is also at $5.99

Oh, and another thing I noticed while at Target, the Ridley Scott/Russell Crowe Robin Hood Blu is on sale for $10, pretty good price if you're interested. It's Blu + DVD, and I think there's a digital copy as well, but I don't know when the redemption period expires.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Oh, and another thing I noticed while at Target, the Ridley Scott/Russell Crowe Robin Hood Blu is on sale for $10, pretty good price if you're interested. It's Blu + DVD, and I think there's a digital copy as well, but I don't know when the redemption period expires.[/QUOTE]Was that a TPC (temporary price cut)? I don't see it in the ad flier, so it might be an unadvertised sale / TPC.

TPC sale items aren't raincheck-able, unfortunately, so you have to wait for a restock if they're out of stock at your local store.

It's also supposed to be coming with Cowboys & Aliens movie cash as well, though I don't know if that one on the shelf now at Target would have it yet.

[quote name='shrike4242']Was that a TPC (temporary price cut)? I don't see it in the ad flier, so it might be an unadvertised sale / TPC.[/QUOTE]

I'm 99.9% sure it had the sale tag, not the temporary price cut tag. Didn't notice the Cowboys & Aliens movie cash, but it may have had it.

Picked up NCfOM last night and watched it again for the first time in probably three years. It's funny how you pick up things that you never noticed, like the fact there is no musical score. And now that I'm thinking about it, I don't think Fargo had one as well. It really works to hold the tension, too.

[quote name='Jodou']Picked up NCfOM last night and watched it again for the first time in probably three years. It's funny how you pick up things that you never noticed, like the fact there is no musical score. And now that I'm thinking about it, I don't think Fargo had one as well. It really works to hold the tension, too.[/QUOTE]

FARGO has a score. It's by Carter Burwell, their usual composer. I have the CD. You'd recognize the main theme if you heard it.

For those of you eBay buyers that like picking up your movies over there be very weary of Sucker Punch. The extended cut version has two Blu-Ray disc and one DvD, the Blu-Rays are the theatrical and extended cut on separate stand alone disc and the then it's the DvD with the digital copy. I just say this because I know eBay has become notorious for having sellers that split everything up. I am one of those sticklers that likes everything that it came with and a lot of these sellers don't mention squat.

[quote name='shrike4242']Looks like the 1-disc for Sucker Punch is the theatrical version only and the 3-disc combo BD/DVD/DC one is the extended release and the theatrical release together on separate discs.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I was just looking for this info. Looks like I'll wait for a price drop on the three disk set then. Really want the EE of this one (yes, I've seen it, and it's a really good movie IMO).

[quote name='argyle']Thanks, I was just looking for this info. Looks like I'll wait for a price drop on the three disk set then. Really want the EE of this one (yes, I've seen it, and it's a really good movie IMO).[/QUOTE]Best you're going to do is $17.99 after the BB $5 off coupon, so as long as it drops in price below $22.99 between now and 07/31, you'll save money on it.

BB has had a habit of dropping prices on recently released movies in the first month of release, so I think you might be able to get it for cheaper than $17.99 AC.

Just traded in $39 of games to BB... May have to blow $17 of that on Sucker Punch. I don't really care about story in movies as long as I'm entertained by explosions and other ummmmm... visuals...

[quote name='Bankotsu']I saw Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World as one of the $5.99 movies at Target[/QUOTE]
As great of a price that is, I didn't really care for the movie. Now I'm tempted to stop by again tonight just to see if there are other hidden gems.

is it safe to say that any place i would RENT Sucker Punch from would be just the theatrical cut? I want to see the extended, I really wanted to watch it tonight, but I'm weary of flat-out buying it blind, I never do that. anyone have thoughts?

[quote name='DestroVega']is it safe to say that any place i would RENT Sucker Punch from would be just the theatrical cut? I want to see the extended, I really wanted to watch it tonight, but I'm weary of flat-out buying it blind, I never do that. anyone have thoughts?[/QUOTE]Most likely, it would just be the theatrical cut, as the rental outlets only seem to get the single-disc versions or the "stripped" rental versions without any special features.

Do BB price adjust if an item becomes cheaper before your receipt expires? I know for sure Target does because I did it there before, not so sure about BestBuy.

So I blind bought Sucker Punch and am very glad I did so. It's definitely thin on plot, but I loved everything else about it. It's a visual masterpiece.

Very intrigued to see what Snyder pulls out for Superman.. it could be wild.

[quote name='Bankotsu']Oh yeah, DVD version. Sorry if people though Blu-ray.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification, just saved me a trip to Target.

Picked up the 3-pack of Jackass movies for $5.99. Last time I saw this on sale it was $9.99 at Wal-Mart before Xmas.

Went ahead and picked up sucker punch with the $5 coupon and a giftcard I had. Didn't even know this movie was out until I checked the thread yesterday

bread's done
Back