Target Blu-ray Prices April 3 - April 9, 2011

Jason28

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Little Fockers- $22.99 (Target Exclusive Magnetic Photo Frame)
Kung Fu Panda- $14.99 (BD+DVD)
The Chronicles Of Narnia: Voyage Of The Dawn Treader- $19.99 (BD+DVD+DC)
The Fighter- $17.99
The Tourist- $17.99
127 Hours- $17.99
Let Me In- $17.99
How Do You Know- $17.99
Love & Other Drugs- $17.99
For Colored Girls- $17.99
Ong Bak 3- $13.99

Tron: Legacy (2 Disc)- $19.99
Tron (2 Disc Classic)- $19.99
Tron: Legacy 3D (4 Disc)- $24.99
The Ultimate Tron Experience (5 Disc)- $64.99

*Save $8 Instantly When You Buy Any Tron: Legacy AND Tron Classic Together.
* Get A $5 Off Coupon For Tron: Legacy @ Target.com/Movies.. (DISNEY COUPON!!!)

All credit goes to dhead @ BR.com

I guess the $49.99 for the 5-disc set on Amazon doesn't look so bad now.

Also nice to see the Narnia movie dropping to $20 on release, so Amazon should match that, plus the other prices in this Target ad.

I guess you could get on the cheap for the same as the 5-disc pack as the following:

Tron Legacy 4-disc set: $24.99
Tron Classic 2-disc set: $19.99
$5 DMR coupon: -$5.00
$8 off combined purchase: -$8.00

Total for both would be $31.98 AC.

[quote name='shrike4242']I guess you could get on the cheap for the same as the 5-disc pack as the following:

Tron Legacy 4-disc set: $24.99
Tron Classic 2-disc set: $19.99
$5 DMR coupon: -$5.00
$8 off combined purchase: -$8.00

Total for both would be $31.98 AC.[/QUOTE]
Even before discounts, how does it make sense it's $20 cheaper already lol? You might also be able to double-up on the DMR coupon if your cashier is clueless.

I'm disappointed that there's apparently no upgrade coupon for Tron, but still, $31.98 for both (and the 3D version of Legacy, at that) is a pretty decent deal. That's probably the way I'll go.

I think that's how I'm going to go as well, though I'm waiting until I get Target ad in-hand before canceling my pre-order of the 5-disc set, which I'll have on Saturday.

[quote name='shrike4242']I think that's how I'm going to go as well, though I'm waiting until I get Target ad in-hand before canceling my pre-order of the 5-disc set, which I'll have on Saturday.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was planning to hold out for under $30 for both, so I had skipped the Amazon pre-order. I'll consider $31.98 close enough to get it on release day, though. :)

Ugh, that packaging for the 5 disc ID-set looks absolutely horrible!!! I hate when they stack discs like that, especially for something that you might want any random disc out of the set at any time. I was hoping it'd at least be like a "flip book" or something.

Guess I'm off to cancel my Amazon pre-order for the ID disc as well, had it in since the day they announced it but that's just bad... sorta wish I had put in an order for the standard 5 disc one although I guess it's cheaper just to buy both... Disney didn't include anything exclusive to the 5 disc set to try to push people to that one over buying both separately?

(and now to make plans for yet another early Tuesday swing by Target; seems like they never get very many of these Disney Blus in first week)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a warning that the Ad Scan shows the $5 DMR coupon will only be good on the 4 or 5 disc version of Legacy

So if like me you only want the 2-disc versions of both Trons you'll only get to use the instant $8 off savings (unless of course the cashier doesn't pay attention to the coupon like I just did with the Tangled coupon on the 2 disc)

[quote name='CombatCraig']So if like me you only want the 2-disc versions of both Trons you'll only get to use the instant $8 off savings (unless of course the cashier doesn't pay attention to the coupon like I just did with the Tangled coupon on the 2 disc)[/QUOTE]

I'll take that risk!

M

[quote name='CombatCraig']Just a warning that the Ad Scan shows the $5 DMR coupon will only be good on the 4 or 5 disc version of Legacy

So if like me you only want the 2-disc versions of both Trons you'll only get to use the instant $8 off savings (unless of course the cashier doesn't pay attention to the coupon like I just did with the Tangled coupon on the 2 disc)[/QUOTE]
People could also try the method of: get discount at register, get coupon at CS. "Oops, I forgot I had a coupon."

[quote name='CombatCraig']Just a warning that the Ad Scan shows the $5 DMR coupon will only be good on the 4 or 5 disc version of Legacy

So if like me you only want the 2-disc versions of both Trons you'll only get to use the instant $8 off savings[/QUOTE]

The 4-disc version with coupon is the same price as the 2-disc version. It's not a hard choice to go with the 3-D version for zero more dollars.

UPDATE From the DMR Coupon thread: Target states they won't combine the $5 coupon and $8 savings. Now we're talking $40 for 3-D or $32 for 2-D.

[quote name='Kerig']UPDATE From the DMR Coupon thread: Target states they won't combine the $5 coupon and $8 savings. Now we're talking $40 for 3-D or $32 for 2-D.[/QUOTE]

As someone asked over on that thread -- why would you use the coupon instead of the $8 savings? It would be $36.98 for both with the $8 off, rather than the $39.98 it would be with the coupon.

That being said, I'm certainly going to try using both anyway. Worst they can say is "no".

I'm pretty sure this is the cheapest price that Kung Fu Panda has ever hit. Don't know why it's managed to stay at $20+ for so long.

[quote name='rapsodist']I'm pretty sure this is the cheapest price that Kung Fu Panda has ever hit. Don't know why it's managed to stay at $20+ for so long.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember exactly what I paid for it and I bought it back before I was keeping track of such things, but I can say with certainty that when I bought it, it was no more than $15. I wouldn't have paid more than that for it.

This is tough now. I have the 5 disc ordered on Amazon for $45. It was an impulse purchase. I definitely want 3D Legacy. At $25, it is a steal. Just not sure whether I should buy original Tron since everyone says it doesn't hold up. I have only seen it once and that was at the drive in when it was released. Still, $38 buck is not bad for everything.

[quote name='arcane93']I don't remember exactly what I paid for it and I bought it back before I was keeping track of such things, but I can say with certainty that when I bought it, it was no more than $15. I wouldn't have paid more than that for it.[/QUOTE]

More than likely you bought it on Amazon during Black Friday in 2008 as it was 14.99 then as I bought it for that price as well.

Well, kicked my Amazon pre-order to the curb for the 5-disc Tron/Tron Legacy. We'll have to see how it goes come Tuesday morning with coupon use, bonus discount for purchasing both and the like.

I never understood why newly released BDs like The Fighter aren't 17.99 the day they're released; I would have bought from them then. Too late now, Target.

[quote name='shrike4242']Well, kicked my Amazon pre-order to the curb for the 5-disc Tron/Tron Legacy [/QUOTE] Same here.

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']I never understood why newly released BDs like The Fighter aren't 17.99 the day they're released; I would have bought from them then. Too late now, Target.

Same here.[/QUOTE]

Well there was a $5 off coupon for the Fighter. Don't know if its good anymorr

[quote name='NineH']More than likely you bought it on Amazon during Black Friday in 2008 as it was 14.99 then as I bought it for that price as well.[/QUOTE]

Possible, though according to the price tracker at blu-ray.com, it has been $14.99 on Amazon a number of times since then as well, including a continuous stretch from June to September in 2010 (I know that I got mine earlier than that). Anyway, point being, while this is a decent price for it, it's not that uncommon.

[quote name='arcane93']Possible, though according to the price tracker at blu-ray.com, it has been $14.99 on Amazon a number of times since then as well, including a continuous stretch from June to September in 2010 (I know that I got mine earlier than that). Anyway, point being, while this is a decent price for it, it's not that uncommon.[/QUOTE]

Was there always a BD/DVD combo or was the one on amazon.com that is being referenced a single disc blu? I'm missing the bubble on this. Thanks.

[quote name='deanabrown']Was there always a BD/DVD combo or was the one on amazon.com that is being referenced a single disc blu? I'm missing the bubble on this. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It was a single blu-ray before. The blu-ray/DVD combo pack is new, just coming out this next week. So if you care about the DVD, this is a better deal (personally, I don't -- the DVD would never leave the case).

[quote name='arcane93']It was a single blu-ray before. The blu-ray/DVD combo pack is new, just coming out this next week. So if you care about the DVD, this is a better deal (personally, I don't -- the DVD would never leave the case).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

[quote name='shrike4242']Well, kicked my Amazon pre-order to the curb for the 5-disc Tron/Tron Legacy. We'll have to see how it goes come Tuesday morning with coupon use, bonus discount for purchasing both and the like.[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

Hmm, Amazon has matched Target's deal. Buying the 2-disc Legacy plus the Original Tron is $31.98. It's tempting to go for that instead of heading in to Target tomorrow.

[quote name='Keen314']Hmm, Amazon has matched Target's deal. Buying the 2-disc Legacy plus the Original Tron is $31.98. It's tempting to go for that instead of heading in to Target tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Damn, no match on the 4-disc Legacy though. If I'm buying it, I want that, so no deal for me.

[quote name='Keen314']Hmm, Amazon has matched Target's deal. Buying the 2-disc Legacy plus the Original Tron is $31.98. It's tempting to go for that instead of heading in to Target tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I opted to go with Amazon's deal. The tax Target would charge negates any possible savings from the off chance that I get to use the $5 DMR coupon in addition to the $8 combo discount. I was originally looking to get the 3D 4-disc version, but then I realized that I don't even have a 3D TV and I never use digital copies anyway. The 2D 2-disc version will serve me just fine.

I'm thinking that the 5-disc set (non-LE) must be some Amazon exclusive, as I've not seen anyone advertising any pricing on it.

It's either the 2-disc 2D set, the 4-disc 3D set or the 5-disc LE set with the Identity Disc packaging. Nothing for the 5-disc in the non-LE packaging.

[quote name='rapsodist']Nice, I opted to go with Amazon's deal. The tax Target would charge negates any possible savings from the off chance that I get to use the $5 DMR coupon in addition to the $8 combo discount. I was originally looking to get the 3D 4-disc version, but then I realized that I don't even have a 3D TV and I never use digital copies anyway. The 2D 2-disc version will serve me just fine.[/QUOTE]

Classic!

[quote name='basketb']Classic![/QUOTE]

:lol: I guess I meant it more as "I realized that I have no need for that extra 3D disc." But I do like the image of me doing a spit take to that.

I can confirm that the $5 coupon and $8 promo do stack. I just handed the cashier a coupon and she scanned it no problem. $34.xx after tax out the door for tron classic + 4 disc legacy

[quote name='Penguin1084']I can confirm that the $5 coupon and $8 promo do stack. I just handed the cashier a coupon and she scanned it no problem. $34.xx after tax out the door for tron classic + 4 disc legacy[/QUOTE]Same here:

[quote name='shrike4242']Picked up the 3D pack for Legacy and Tron Classic 2-disc for $31.98 before tax. Rep scanned both the movies, then scanned the coupon. Worked without any issue.

If people are planning on returning one to keep the other movie, the $8 discount is split out proportionally between the two movies. It deducts $3.55 from Tron Classic and $4.45 from Tron Legacy 3D, so your return value is $16.44 for Tron Classic and $20.54 for Tron Legacy 3D. For Tron Legacy 2-disc and Tron Classic, it's $4 off each, so it would be $15.99 for each of the two returned on their own.

The $5 coupon showed up on the bottom of the purchase list, so I would guess that you wouldn't get any of the coupon refund back unless you returned both movies back to Target. Might split it up proportionally, might not. [/QUOTE]

Just as a heads up for those of you that might have a Target that won't stack the coupon or are just plain out of stock on Tron Classic:

I just got the Walmart next to Target in my area to not only price match the sale price for the combo packs, but to take off the $8 and apply the coupon, as well. I'd call this a definate YMMV, but just figured I'd pass this along

bread's done
Back