Target: Buy an Xbox One, get a $50 GC

Personally I wouldnt consider titanfall a system seller when you can buy it on 360 and PC as well and it look the same on 360, that said titanfall is so much fun and I am glad we have an xbox one to play it on.

On topic my buddy bought one at target a few minutes ago and got the gift card no problems.
I can't find any 360 titanfall footage. I know a separate developer is handling it. How do you know it looks the same on 360?

All these people talking about xbox losing sales and that why target is having a $50 gift card sell on it and that this sell means Microsoft is in trouble just cause one retailer is having a gift card promotion on it? If that the case then what does it say when playstation own manufacturer sony store had the playstation 4 for $400 plus another contoller ($60 value) for free plus either knack or killzone as a free game ($60 value) which is $120 off the Sony vs xbox only a $50 at target just saying this system debate is stupid all systems have there own pros and cons no system is 100% perfect
When the hell did they have a PS4 + extra controller + game for $400?

I dont think MS will drop the Kinect anytime soon. They have said many times that it's part of the X1 experience and a major selling point for them.
If they want more sales, they WILL flip that switch. Not alot of games even support the camera.(Kinect sports comes to mind).

The $399 1TB digital only XB1(*rumor) to me, is still a rip off. If they even announce it.

The PS camera is optional and seems to be more popular from streamers and the included Playroom game is pretty sweet.My friend was like the voice commands rock on kinect and I showed him I can plug in a mic on PS4 and do VC too..So yeah, that Kinect is fishy, how it's pushed on users and basically tricks them to thinking it's the ultimate device as it reads your blood type.

Maybe MS just dropped the ball this time.

I'll wait for a two game bundle:D

If they want more sales, they WILL flip that switch. Not alot of games even support the camera.(Kinect sports comes to mind).

The $399 1TB digital only XB1(*rumor) to me, is still a rip off. If they even announce it.

The PS camera is optional and seems to be more popular from streamers and the included Playroom game is pretty sweet.My friend was like the voice commands rock on kinect and I showed him I can plug in a mic on PS4 and do VC too..So yeah, that Kinect is fishy, how it's pushed on users and basically tricks them to thinking it's the ultimate device as it reads your blood type.

Speaking of the PS4 Camera, they are selling for above $150+ now, if you manage to find one. :shock:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00BGAA3S2/ref=dp_olp_new/191-9731854-6521058?ie=UTF8&condition=new

I dont think MS will drop the Kinect anytime soon. They have said many times that it's part of the X1 experience and a major selling point for them.
Although I agree with you, remember Microsoft said a lot of things before and we know how that turned out. The "flipping the switch" thing comes to mind :beer:

There is so much contradiction in this statement. Do you like VCs or not? Do you think a camera is cool or not? If your only issue is that MS requires the Kinect then fine but it sounds like you like VCs and cameras.

There is so much contradiction in this statement. Do you like VCs or not? Do you think a camera is cool or not? If your only issue is that MS requires the Kinect then fine but it sounds like you like VCs and cameras.
Kinect is scary cool. I rarely use VC on games unless it's really implemented good. My real problem is the price and having options is always friendly.

Also, I had problems with MS before. So yeah, i'm a little weary of them but I still like games and cameras.

Its been less then 6 months and the XB1 has random deals happening. This just shows that future deals are coming soon or a price cut is. Plus that fact that the PS4 sold twice as many units in January then the XB1 only proves that its struggling with sales and needs to lower its price to compete.

Last edited by a moderator:

yeah, I can see why the ps camera is very popular

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=c4-feed-u&v=2_l-msDpP5E

Why can't people just play video games on whatever console they want and not start a stupid console debate on which is better? Just play fucking video games and have fun, I mean... shit.

Has anyone notice that none of the Xbox One demo stations in stores work or even have the controller out? At least none in my area, all they do is loop the Xbox One sizzle trailer. The Kinect and the voice commands are the most important parts of the system and nobody can even demo it. While the PS4 demos at least allow you to play some games to get the feel of the controller.

The store demo systems don't have internet connections, so how are they going to demo Titanfall(online only game) when it launches?
The Xbox One demo kiosks work in GameStop.

Welcome to every Wii U sale thread over the last year lol.
Was just about to say this. I think the wii u may have it even worse. Both sad and hilarious.

Dude is making stuff up in his head to make himself feel better.
No. The Sony store did a flash sale with a PS4, an extra controller and Knack for $400 I believe a few weeks back.

GD it. Just as I had finally convinced myself I didn't need/want an Xbone, this deal has to come along...

People can have whatever opinion they want regarding the Kinect, but I think it's great.  It isn't integrated very well into games yet, but I use the Kinect 4-5 times a week with Xbox Fitness which doesn't get near enough attention as it should.  That is a great program on X1.

An X1 with a $50 GC seems like a good time to jump in if you haven't yet.  That's basically a free copy of Titanfall.

I will wait for the inevitable price drop to $400 before buying. If they are doing sales like this just a few months out from launch, it is a bad sign.

Yeah it seems kind of early and out of season (Christmas and Thanksgiving) for a gift card offer on Xbox One. 

I would rather like to see a $25 or more gift card for a Vita, to clear them out to make room for the newer slim model.

If I had to decide today and right now, I would purchase and Xbox One. Forza and Titanfall look amazing. 

But, I really feel PS4 will be the way to go in the long run. So, I'm going to hold off unless I come across an X1 that "fell off the back of a truck" type deal. 

Anyone know the return policy on consoles?
The following items must be returned within 30 days: netbooks, laptops, eReaders, tablets, cameras, camcorders, digital audio players, GPS systems, video game hardware, personal DVD players, and no-contract cell phones.

I was in a Target in Clay, NY last night, and there was a Day One Xbox One in the case with 5 regular ones. This deal had me considering it for a moment, until I noticed the seals had been obviously broken and someone put scotch tape over them to keep them together.

Reminds me of the time some idiot allowed the return of 6 Black Ops II Care packages (or whichever one came with the helicopter) because everything seemed to be there/not opened. Only later to realize whoever bought/returned removed the DLC cards.

So I would say, depending on who is working CS, Target is pretty lax when it comes to console returns.

They're
They're pretty lax as most people have said already. I returned my x1 with no issues, but it was sealed and I had my receipt. Also helped I have a red card so I have I have an extra 30 days to return items. With that said, there have been an ample supply of x1s in then Ogden/Layton UT area. However, if u r looking for a ps4, they've been OOS for some weeks now. Good luck to all!

I heard if you offer to buy Best Buy Managers lunch it also helps to get a Gift card with purchase PM.
Don`t know about you but when I buy a hot woman lunch I ain`t worrying about no videogames & pm will stand for pu$$y maneuvers.

I will wait for the inevitable price drop to $400 before buying. If they are doing sales like this just a few months out from launch, it is a bad sign.
That could be a long wait since chances are they`ll do value bundles 1st, GC offers 2nd & then a $50 price cut. Could be 2 yrs before it`s $400.

I bit on this....

storytime in spoiler for those that care...

The Target by my work had 2 Day One Editions and I was gonna get that. Leave early because of the snow (Chicago subburbs). Traffic was horrendous, 3 lane highway became 2 lanes, and pretty much a slow drive. By the time I got off the highway, it was close to my shift at work already so I decide to go after wards (45 min drive took an hour and 30 mins).

After work, go to target, see that there is only 1 Day One Edition left. Ask the elder gentleman to get it out of the case, as he was ringing it out, the $50 GC did not pop up. I inquired about it, but he just said its for the other regular edition. I ask to speak to a manager and he says he is the "manager".

At this point, I'm like whatever and rather not be a pushy customer. Rings everything out, get my $50 GC and price match Dead Rising from Best Buy.

Overall...I paid $400 for an Xbox One after 5% off and giftcards and $5 for DR3 after price match and the $50 GC.

Not too bad I guess.

Thanks , my friends looking to get one I was gonna use my gs credit and have him give me the money but gotta save my fellow non cag friends some money I guess instead .

Dammit, I was going to hold off on the X1 until Halo 5 come out but $50 GC + 5% RC discount + my local store having Day One consoles in stock...uuuugggggghhhhh

So glad MS fixed all of the bullshit with the latest update.  Hopefully the party overhaul next month will bring it closer/equal to the 360s.

Update to Target's random console discounts, yesterday I walked into a Target near me (Milwaukee area) and found a Lego Batman PS Vita bundle for $161.99 I believe.  I picked it up.  I don't have the receipt on me to double check the price, that might have been after the 5% discount, but for an original OLED Vita, I'm pleasantly surprised.  Especially because I have been in three other targets recently, and not just do they not have this bundle, they don't seem to carry Vita systems at all any more.

The tag on it said the sale went through March.  If anyone cares, I'll try to find my receipt.

(And if anyone cares, I also noted you could get the Amazon Black Friday Vita bundle recently, which I did...  but the screen was broken on the one I got and now those are out of stock, so this is even better.  Amazon is letting me keep the downloaded games, so win, win, win on that.)

Wow, I can still return my launch xbox one and get in on this deal. Maybe it's worth the hassle. I already sold my day one achievement too...

We havent had sony products in our store for a while. last ps3 we had was late december. I did see a memo recently saying diffrent ps3 skus and vitas were going to be out of stock cause of supply issues. They all come up discontinued.

Yes Sony is sinking. They continue to bleed money every quarter despite the success of PS4.
Look to someone else for brand loyalty. Vita is garbage. Xbox One is useless to me. So is PS4 unless Infamous and Order 18-whatever get great reviews. Take that financial "quarter" mess somewhere else.

Look to someone else for brand loyalty. Vita is garbage. Xbox One is useless to me. So is PS4 unless Infamous and Order 18-whatever get great reviews. Take that financial "quarter" mess somewhere else.
Everyone please stop the idiotic console wars BS in the deals threads. Why can't the mods pull this BS, and allow debates where the best deals are. Take the consoles BS to a different forum.

I bit on this....

storytime in spoiler for those that care...
The Target by my work had 2 Day One Editions and I was gonna get that. Leave early because of the snow (Chicago subburbs). Traffic was horrendous, 3 lane highway became 2 lanes, and pretty much a slow drive. By the time I got off the highway, it was close to my shift at work already so I decide to go after wards (45 min drive took an hour and 30 mins).

After work, go to target, see that there is only 1 Day One Edition left. Ask the elder gentleman to get it out of the case, as he was ringing it out, the $50 GC did not pop up. I inquired about it, but he just said its for the other regular edition. I ask to speak to a manager and he says he is the "manager".

At this point, I'm like whatever and rather not be a pushy customer. Rings everything out, get my $50 GC and price match Dead Rising from Best Buy.

Overall...I paid $400 for an Xbox One after 5% off and giftcards and $5 for DR3 after price match and the $50 GC.

Not too bad I guess.
So you couldn't get the day one?
Either way good deal. I was going to point my nephew to Costco since it was 479 there. This is a better deal.
You should love DR3. One of only games the past six months I couldn't put down.

So you couldn't get the day one?
Either way good deal. I was going to point my nephew to Costco since it was 479 there. This is a better deal.
You should love DR3. One of only games the past six months I couldn't put down.
Whoops, probably should've added this to my story

Nope, no day one edition for me. It's alright though, like you said, still a good deal.

I am actually a big fan of the DR series, but have not played it yet since BF4 and the Titanfall beta kept me a little busy. Now that the beta is over, gonna pop in DR3 soon and I'm sure I will have a blast with it.

Ill just save $450 by buying Titanfall for my 360! :whee:
Haha my thoughts exactly, the game may not look as nice but its still going to be a blast and people will surely be playing it on 360.

OT: Pretty good deal on an Xbox One within the launch window. Hoping we see something like this for a Black Friday deal ($50 GC and bundled game(s) possibly?)

bread's done
Back