Target: Buy an Xbox One, get a $50 GC

If anybody is looking for a good deal on the Xbone try CL, there's a lot of $400 listings in my area. Some also come with games at that price.

Haha my thoughts exactly, the game may not look as nice but its still going to be a blast and people will surely be playing it on 360.
I dont think there will be a huge difference between the two, that's why they've been all hush hush about the 360 version IMO. Gonna be very embarrassing if that's the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha my thoughts exactly, the game may not look as nice but its still going to be a blast and people will surely be playing it on 360.

OT: Pretty good deal on an Xbox One within the launch window. Hoping we see something like this for a Black Friday deal ($50 GC and bundled game(s) possibly?)
The one thing I hear over and over from the Beta is the game is awesome, but the graphics are so - so. no need to get an Xbox One when I can get the same experience on Xbox 360. I can still experience Titanfall and there is still no need to get an Xbox one... mistake.

Might get the 360 version of Titanfall if the price drops relatively quickly, no way I'm paying the suckers price for it !
$48 w/$10 credit if GCU & up to 45 days for a return/rebuy if the price drops to $40. I wouldn`t suggest doing this all the time & you`ll lose the $10 credit on the back end but you get to play day 1 with little risk of losing out on the best deal later.

I would like to get an Xbox One, in large part due to Titanfall, but I don't have the funds for that, so Titanfall on 360 for me. Unfortunately all my friends are going to playing on XboxOne, so I won't get to play it with them. :(

If anybody is looking for a good deal on the Xbone try CL, there's a lot of $400 listings in my area. Some also come with games at that price.

I dont think there will be a huge difference between the two, that's why they've been all hush hush about the 360 version IMO. Gonna be very embarrassing if that's the case.
Am I the only one worried about using CL after yet another serial killer has admitted to using it for a source of victims? I know they mostly go after the people who solicit prostitution, but damn... People are untrustworthy these days.

Am I the only one worried about using CL after yet another serial killer has admitted to using it for a source of victims? I know they mostly go after the people who solicit prostitution, but damn... People are untrustworthy these days.
Those people dying on craigslist were meeting for a sexual encounter. I have a feeling if you met in a police department parking lot to buy an xbox one you would be fine, which I recommend for any craigslist transaction.

Mall food court for life since you don`t have to leave right away, there`s tons of people around & nothing looks outta place with money/items changing hands.

Reminds me of the story of the craigslist deal where a dude got shot over a PS4 transaction.  The ironic thing is they were supposed to meet at a police station but the location was changed last minute.  The guy died.

People are pathetic.

Ugh, I keep telling myself that I'm just sticking with the Wii U and 3DS for games this generation but there's this tiny voice in the back of my head telling me to pick up a Xbox One.

Those people dying on craigslist were meeting for a sexual encounter. I have a feeling if you met in a police department parking lot to buy an xbox one you would be fine, which I recommend for any craigslist transaction.
Yeah I figured that was the circumstances of their arrangement, but your idea is excellent. I am very unfamiliar with how CL works, which as a 23 year old, sounds pretty pathetic.

Decided to get this with this offer. Had about $43 on a gift card, so after the 5% discount for paying with my Redcard, only paid about $469. Now I have all 3 consoles.

System has barely been out and major retailers are already trying to get rid off stock
recent articles stating sales have slowed a lot thats why we are seeing the GC and layaway deals, going to hold out a little longer and when the $100 off hits or free game thats when I will strike.

Reminds me of the story of the craigslist deal where a dude got shot over a PS4 transaction. The ironic thing is they were supposed to meet at a police station but the location was changed last minute. The guy died.

People are pathetic.
lol that happened here in Orlando. I had nothing to do with it.

nice try op but this is crap deal since tax ruins it just buy it online i buyed mine TAX FREE and idindt have 2 waste time going 2 store arived by ups in 2 days.

nice try op but this is crap deal since tax ruins it just buy it online i buyed mine TAX FREE and idindt have 2 waste time going 2 store arived by ups in 2 days.
You act as though the OP gains benefit from posting this deal. I know you're new here so I'll kindly fill you in on this. Be kind (please rewind).

Ugh, I keep telling myself that I'm just sticking with the Wii U and 3DS for games this generation but there's this tiny voice in the back of my head telling me to pick up a Xbox One.
I kind of know what you mean...mainly because Wii U (unfortunately) isn't getting the 3rd party support and I do like some of MS's first party stuff. However, 3DS and Wii U is going to bring a lot of games this year (May alone is looking to be great). But I digress...

I kind of know what you mean...mainly because Wii U (unfortunately) isn't getting the 3rd party support and I do like some of MS's first party stuff. However, 3DS and Wii U is going to bring a lot of games this year (May alone is looking to be great). But I digress...
I don't even care about third-party games, I know that there will eventually be a Halo game, and assuming that Halo 4 was just a terrible first try, I'll likely want to play it.

recent articles stating sales have slowed a lot thats why we are seeing the GC and layaway deals, going to hold out a little longer and when the $100 off hits or free game thats when I will strike.
Wal-Mart was offering a free game but it was only select titles.

Wait

There aren't really any games out for either, and barely any decent ones. I'm sure for Christmas they will have some nice promos to make it more worthwhile :) That's what I'm waiting for (well that and for someone to buy it for me ;) )

Wait

There aren't really any games out for either, and barely any decent ones. I'm sure for Christmas they will have some nice promos to make it more worthwhile :) That's what I'm waiting for (well that and for someone to buy it for me ;) )
I'm not buying it. Ever. For the entire generation. Seriously.

I made that mistake last generation and I ain't making it again.

Anyone know if this GC thing will continue?
Don't think so, I looked this morning and they had already pulled the tags on both the wii u ($25) and the xbox one ($50). Thought about finally picking up a wii u. I love my xbox one and can't wait for Titanfall. The beta sold me on it.

Apologies for bumping an old thread.  I was able to exchange my Xbox One that came with the gift card for the Titanfall bundle that came out today.  I did not have to return the gift card or pay a difference.

Please note that my Xbox One was still sealed.

Apologies for bumping an old thread. I was able to exchange my Xbox One that came with the gift card for the Titanfall bundle that came out today. I did not have to return the gift card or pay a difference.

Please note that my Xbox One was still sealed.
Manager override, return without a receipt? More detail please.

Manager override, return without a receipt? More detail please.
No manager override. Return WITH a receipt.

At first the the return was coming up as 449.99 (so I would have to pay $50). The manager came over and said to the cashier "Why don't you do it as a regular exchange so it ignores the gift card". Then it worked fine. Sounded like cashier was originally trying to exchange it incorrectly. YMMV

No manager override. Return WITH a receipt.

At first the the return was coming up as 449.99 (so I would have to pay $50). The manager came over and said to the cashier "Why don't you do it as a regular exchange so it ignores the gift card". Then it worked fine. Sounded like cashier was originally trying to exchange it incorrectly. YMMV
definitely ymmv because its a different item completely so you were lucky you got to keep the gift card. normally it has to be the same item, the way she was doing it was correct but they just let it slide in this case

definitely ymmv because its a different item completely so you were lucky you got to keep the gift card. normally it has to be the same item, the way she was doing it was correct but they just let it slide in this case
Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

bread's done
Back