Target Canada Super Mario 3D World $34.99 Luigi's Mansion, NSMB2, M&L: Dream Team, Mario Kart 7 $14.99 & More! (YMMV PM in US)

My first attempt at contributing to CAG. Didn't see a thread for this and forgive me if this is already well known.

saw this on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/1tx50g/priced_matched_luigis_mansion_dark_moon_and_nsmb2/

I used http://boxingday.nintendo.com/ and a print out of the Canadian Target ad which showed Luigi's Mansion, NSMB2, Dream Team, and MK7 for $14.99 and PM'd at TRU. YMMV because it is from a Canada Target ad, but the employees at TRU didn't even care and PM'd no problem. I originally tried at BBY and was one PM away until the manager got sketch and denied me because it didn't show on Target's website.

I picked up NSMB2 and Dream Team but unfortunately Luigi's Mansion was sold out at my TRU. Super Mario 3D World also shows up as $34.99 if you want that.

Here's the ad for people who want to print it out.

vcQydXq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got shot down by Amazon CS. Didn't expect them to offer any kind of adjustment or credit, of course. But the person was just so darn nice and polite... made it all the worse.

Sucks when you are at your parents for break and every store in town has zero 3DS games at all. Went to 3 stores and couldn't even attempt a price match for any of the titles due to empty shelves. Been wanting to ghost hunt w/ Luigi for a while now.

To everyone who price matched at B&M stores successfully: Did you print the ad or show it on your phone?  I need to know so I can try tomorrow.  Thank you.

Aw, this got moved? I thought this would stay in the main deals section since it could be PM'd in the US.

To everyone who price matched at B&M stores successfully: Did you print the ad or show it on your phone? I need to know so I can try tomorrow. Thank you.
Both for the best chances.

How can those canadians get away with that ad, eh?  Just putting 2 prices and saying you can have these for $14.99 or $34.99.   I'll choose $14.99, eh.

How can those canadians get away with that ad, eh? Just putting 2 prices and saying you can have these for $14.99 or $34.99. I'll choose $14.99, eh.
Because logic would dictate that the top price would follow with those top games (which are cheaper to begin with) and the bottom price would correspond to the bottom row.

Because logic would dictate that the top price would follow with those top games (which are cheaper to begin with) and the bottom price would correspond to the bottom row.
And, what's with those "eh"s at the end of his sentences? Is he trying to be a stereotypical Canadian? >_>

I just got this message from a Amazon rep concerning Mario Kart 7.

However I'll make the things right for you. Please place a order directly from Amazon or fulfilled by Amazon and write back to us with the order number and the price as an exception we'll honor the same price(lowest price). 

:D/

Got back from Best Buy earlier (I'm in Florida). They were sold out of mostly everything except Dream Team which I already have. Successfully price matched a copy of Luigi's Mansion with the printed ad while a friend did it for Wind Waker HD with boxingday.nintendo.com on his phone. No questions asked.

I'm debating going somewhere else to grab Mario Kart 7 but my backlog is already in the hundreds with everything combined from Xbox, PS3, 3DS, and Steam. Not even a huge Mario Kart fan but that price is tempting.

Just updating my post from last night. After I bought the game for full price and emailed amazon about it,in 30 min. they readjusted the price down to $15.

So if any of you did the Amazon Chat Support look in your email at the bottom of the message it might say "If you buy the game at full price and contact us through the link provided we will give you the lowest price" make sure if they do send you that email that whenever you contact them back you include the links where the $15 price is shown.

Just updating my post from last night. After I bought the game for full price and emailed amazon about it,in 30 min. they readjusted the price down to $15.

So if any of you did the Amazon Chat Support look in your email at the bottom of the message it might say "If you buy the game at full price and contact us through the link provided we will give you the lowest price" make sure if they do send you that email that whenever you contact them back you include the links where the $15 price is shown.
I did get an email from them, but it was just to say "Here is our policy and again why we will not do it." Oh well, kind of crummy of them to send the email since I already was told they won't. Kind of like rubbing my face in dirt.

Again, not mad at Amazon, just annoyed with how they handled it.

I did get an email from them, but it was just to say "Here is our policy and again why we will not do it." Oh well, kind of crummy of them to send the email since I already was told they won't. Kind of like rubbing my face in dirt.

Again, not mad at Amazon, just annoyed with how they handled it.
I did the Chat Support five times and four of the email they sent had the generic response they gave me before but after I double looked at the email I saw that after the Generic response it had the extra message about how they will only do this once.

Oh man I only got 2 of the games at boxing day but I got the other 2 by PMing at toys R us a couple of days ago.
Right now I'm gonna try to get as many more Mario Kart 7s as I can. Don't worry, I'm not hoarding or anything. I want to buy it for every friend with a 3DS so we can all get together for some sick local multiplayer action!

I was able to price match at the CDA Idaho Best Buy no problem. Showed the girl the nintendo ad and she was very helpful in getting the games and finalizing the sale.

Oh man I only got 2 of the games at boxing day but I got the other 2 by PMing at toys R us a couple of days ago.
Right now I'm gonna try to get as many more Mario Kart 7s as I can. Don't worry, I'm not hoarding or anything. I want to buy it for every friend with a 3DS so we can all get together for some sick local multiplayer action!
I was gonna try the same but for online play, because for local you only need 1 cart for up to 4 people, though it is less in depth with customization that way

Tried this at best buy and it didn't work. She just pulled up the target site right away...I tried showing her the nintendo site, but she wasn't having any of it lol.

I showed the Target Ad on my phone at Walmart here in VA, they said they don't normally match unless it's the paper ad from the newspaper. I explained I don't get the paper at my house, and had pulled up the PDF of it online, so she went ahead and did it anyway. Score on getting $25 off this game this close to release, especially Nintendo first party.

Just barely grabbed Dream Team from Wal-Mart, though they were out of stock on everything else. At first the manager wouldn't accept the ad because it didn't specify the system it was for. :wall:

On top of that, she insisted it was 34.99 until I showed her the Nintendo website.

I was looking for Mario Kart, but I'll take Dream Team for $15 any day.

My stops:

Best Buy: No (phone call)

TRU: No (online price check)

Wally-World: Yes... barely. Trying another location tomorrow for the other games.

I managed to get Best Buy to price match Super Mario 3d World for 34.99 and Luigi's Mansion for 14.99.  I would have tossed Mario Kart in as well, but they didn't have any copies of it. After trying to find the price on Target and Nintendo's sites via the Best Buy computer, they just decided to honor the flyer image and Nintendo boxing day sales page I had on my phone.  These were two of three of the last games I wanted to get for Christmas since I got my Wii U. The other was Wonderful 101 which I went ahead and picked up for 30 bucks too! 

Went to toys r us and bestbuy today..
Price matched mario & sonic winter Olympic (wii-U) @ toys r us $30
Price matched zelda wind waker (wii-U) @ bestbuy $30

Also had $5 certificates for both stores, so both cost me $25 each.
Both cashiers only glanced at my tablet to check if the price matched and that was it. In and out with no hassle.

I just got Amazon here in the states to issue a promotional credit for Luigi's Mansion. The person I spoke to was  friendly and she issued a promotional credit for $25 right away after verifying my account. So I got the game for 5.74, since the price on amazon is 30.74. Saved on gas, time and trying to find someone to PM at a store.

Which category are people selecting on Amazon chat? I selected "placing an order" and "product information". The rep didn't give me any credit. :/

I tried price matching in the Best Buy in Flushing, NYC and near Queens Plaza, NYC, both to no avail, since they would check the U.S. Target website on their computer or iPhone, which would make the price match moot. Anyone know any store that would price match Mario 3DS games in NYC using this flyer? Will try again tomorrow...please help!

I selected placing an order and then other for mine. I had to speak with two reps. The first one I only spoke with for about a minute where he said he would ask his supervisor and then sent me on my way.

The second person I spoke with was friendly and at first said it wasn't policy and quoted something about how amazon doesn't price match. Then I mentioned how I just renewed my prime membership that I have had for 3 years and she looked at my account and issued a 25 dollar credit. 

So it really depends on who you happen to get on chat.

I was able to price match the $14.99 games at Best Buy and Walmart in the US, using both the flyer and the Nintendo site. I also tried at two Targets, but both of them denied me because they couldn't find any record of the sale in their system. I scanned my receipts to help y'all PM them as well. :)

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (plus Wii U Pro Controller)

http://i.imgur.com/kjZFlmM.jpg

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon | Mario Kart 7 | New Super Mario Bros. 2

http://i.imgur.com/OpXU76L.jpg

Best Buy didn't even question it. Walmart seemed kind of suspicious of it, but I just played it cool and the Customer Service Manager they called in was cool in turn; she just looked the stuff over for a bit and eventually said it was all right to do it.

Tried this at Best Buy and got denied. The associate looked like she was going to do it, but then started checking Target's US site since it said it was a Target sale below the game pictures. Wouldn't do it after calling the store and double checking their prices. Going to try TRU and Target tomorrow, but If those don't work I'm just going back to Best Buy to try my luck again since it'll likely be different people working in the afternoon.

Really hope I can get Mario Kart, Luigi's Mansion, and two copies of Dream Team at these prices, but it seems like every retailer in my area is a massive tight-ass when it comes to PMing. I've never had an instance where PMing doesn't take me at least ten minutes, and Wal-Mart has always flat-out denied me if I don't have a physical ad or a picture of a physical ad.

...and two copies of Dream Team...
Is there a multicart/multiplayer reason to get 2 copies of Dream Team or are you just hoping to get an extra for a friend? I'm just curious if I need a copy for each kid.

EDIT: Never mind, just looked it up. No multiplayer option.

Will any shops in NYC price match? No matter what they do, they seem to use their devices to search before price matching...

Looking for Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario Bros 2

Well, I've tried 3 times at Amazon for a PM (My limit on tries). Kind of amusing, as each of my follow up emails have gotten shorter until the last one was just "Thanks for contacting us."

Maybe I'll have a try at a best buy on the way home then call it quits. Good luck to everyone else.

My BB price matched it, no call showed them the Nintendo website...no problem (I price match a lot here and they always just go off my phone) got Luigi's Mansion and New Super Mario Bros 2 for 31.78 with tax!

I am happy with what I was able to get.  Everything else is out of stock at all the stores around me, so I can't even pm it. T___T

kwnl.jpg

I was able to price match the $14.99 games at Best Buy and Walmart in the US, using both the flyer and the Nintendo site. I also tried at two Targets, but both of them denied me because they couldn't find any record of the sale in their system. I scanned my receipts to help y'all PM them as well. :)

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (plus Wii U Pro Controller)

http://i.imgur.com/kjZFlmM.jpg

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon | Mario Kart 7 | New Super Mario Bros. 2

http://i.imgur.com/OpXU76L.jpg

Best Buy didn't even question it. Walmart seemed kind of suspicious of it, but I just played it cool and the Customer Service Manager they called in was cool in turn; she just looked the stuff over for a bit and eventually said it was all right to do it.
Where did you price match the Wii U Pro Controller from?

I was able to PM the Target prices at Toys R Us in Philadelphia with by having all of the ads ready and loaded on my laptop since I don't have a data enabled smart phone or printouts.  I got Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, New Super Mario Bros. 2, and Super Mario 3D World each $25 off.  Mario Kart 7 was of course, out of stock.  3/4 games of interest for my first stop certainly wasn't bad though.  I will try to get MK7 found tomorrow or the next day after.

I couldn't get to Target or TRU today, so I just tried Amazon for the hell of it and my customer service rep was amazing. He PM'd no problem and helped me every step of the way so I got Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart 7, Wind Waker HD, Super Mario 3D World, and two copies of M&L Dream Team for a grand total of $124.92!

WOOO!!!

Nice. I PMed in Best Buy. Apparently the ones further away from Target will price match no problem...
THIS.

I first tried at a BB in the same mall as a Target because it was closest to me. It was late evening so it was pretty dead in the store. I used just my phone with the Nintendo site but they said it needed to be from the list of retailers they PM. Then they looked it up on the US Target site and denied me. The cashier told me to try the Target next door but I didn't bother because I knew it would be a fail.

Early afternoon yesterday I went further into the heart of the city to a busier BB, this time with a print of the ad and the Canadian Target site on my phone. The manager was too hurried to even look when he did the override. The best part was that the cashier was so preoccupied playing around with the other cashiers that she did the math wrong and I got a few extra dollars off!

After my $5 rewards, I got Dream Team and 3D World both for $41.98 before tax!

Thanks SO much OP! Hooray for Boxing Day! Happy New Year!

I PM'd Luigi's Mansion at a BB in MD no problem. All I did was show him the Target ad on my phone and that was it, it took 20 minutes only because we had to wait for a manager to come override it, but he didn't even check, just put in his id and password. I then regretted not PMing Super Mario World, we had stopped at another BB and PM'd that no problem. All he did was look at the ad on my phone. I love that BB can PM right at the register, unlike TRU and Target, which make you go to Customer Service to do it.

bread's done
Back