Target Canada Super Mario 3D World $34.99 Luigi's Mansion, NSMB2, M&L: Dream Team, Mario Kart 7 $14.99 & More! (YMMV PM in US)

My first attempt at contributing to CAG. Didn't see a thread for this and forgive me if this is already well known.

saw this on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/1tx50g/priced_matched_luigis_mansion_dark_moon_and_nsmb2/

I used http://boxingday.nintendo.com/ and a print out of the Canadian Target ad which showed Luigi's Mansion, NSMB2, Dream Team, and MK7 for $14.99 and PM'd at TRU. YMMV because it is from a Canada Target ad, but the employees at TRU didn't even care and PM'd no problem. I originally tried at BBY and was one PM away until the manager got sketch and denied me because it didn't show on Target's website.

I picked up NSMB2 and Dream Team but unfortunately Luigi's Mansion was sold out at my TRU. Super Mario 3D World also shows up as $34.99 if you want that.

Here's the ad for people who want to print it out.

vcQydXq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I PM'd Luigi's Mansion at a BB in MD no problem. All I did was show him the Target ad on my phone and that was it, it took 20 minutes only because we had to wait for a manager to come override it, but he didn't even check, just put in his id and password. I then regretted not PMing Super Mario World, we had stopped at another BB and PM'd that no problem. All he did was look at the ad on my phone. I love that BB can PM right at the register, unlike TRU and Target, which make you go to Customer Service to do it.
Yeah trying to PM at Target sucks because at customer service they have all the time in the world to call stores, ask other associates/managers, look up on websites, etc. all to try and deny you.

At TRU in my city you can PM at the registers. Perhaps it varies by store.

Tried to PM at Walmart yesterday and was denied for not having a physical ad. Went to TRU and was successful. Got NSMB2, Luigi's Mansion, and Dream Team. Employee knew all about the ad. "Boxing Day, right? I've been trying to find Mario Kart everywhere!" Manager came over and approved the PM without even looking at anything, just took the employee's word. Wouldn't let me stack the B1G1 40% off, but worth a shot. Picked up Golden Sun Dark Dawn for $3.98 while I was there.

Yeah trying to PM at Target sucks because at customer service they have all the time in the world to call stores, ask other associates/managers, look up on websites, etc. all to try and deny you.

At TRU in my city you can PM at the registers. Perhaps it varies by store.
Every time I'm at Target, at least out here, customer service is usually always flooded with a line and they're trying to hurry people as quick as possible, they've never done that to me. Stores are way too picky with PMing.

And in this day in age, I can't believe stores would deny people for not having a physical ad. I can't even get a physical ad at the actual store.

Tried to PM through Amazon only because some people saying they got it to work. Told me they would consider and email me. Got the response "Thanks for contacting us."

Discouraging enough where I'm not going to try again.

Tried to PM through Amazon only because some people saying they got it to work. Told me they would consider and email me. Got the response "Thanks for contacting us."

Discouraging enough where I'm not going to try again.
I tend to get an answer when I'm Instant Messaging them.
My tips:
1) Put the item in your cart since the Amazon Reps can see your account.

2) Show your interest in buying the item and ask the rep to assist since you saw a price cheaper

3) Provide the direct links to both the website and the direct ad.

4) Mention if you have an Amazon Prime account, or state how long you've been shopping with them.

5) Let the rep you know of the policy but ask them if there is anything you can do since you want to purchase it immediately. Even ask for a one time price adjustment.

6) If the rep does not give you the discount, politely thank them and leave immediately get a new rep.

7) Another option is to discuss another product for a bit then at the end bring up the price match for the video game.

These are not guaranteed but are helpful tactics. Good Luck!

I tend to get an answer when I'm Instant Messaging them.
My tips:
1) Put the item in your cart since the Amazon Reps can see your account.

2) Show your interest in buying the item and ask the rep to assist since you saw a price cheaper

3) Provide the direct links to both the website and the direct ad.

4) Mention if you have an Amazon Prime account, or state how long you've been shopping with them.

5) Let the rep you know of the policy but ask them if there is anything you can do since you want to purchase it immediately. Even ask for a one time price adjustment.

6) If the rep does not give you the discount, politely thank them and leave immediately get a new rep.

7) Another option is to discuss another product for a bit then at the end bring up the price match for the video game.

These are not guaranteed but are helpful tactics. Good Luck!
Thanks for the advice! I actually did have it in my cart, and I gave them the direct links. I don't have Prime unfortunately. Maybe I should have just told them I was buying it no matter what in the next hour or something, from somewhere else if I couldn't get it matched. (I just asked if there was a way to get it at the lower price through Amazon)

Maybe I'll try again later. Thanks again.

Also, do they keep track of chats/PMes given? Obviously they would keep a record of chats, but would they notice if you had tried doing this a bunch of times, or if they had already given you a "one-time promotional price"?

Thanks for the advice! I actually did have it in my cart, and I gave them the direct links. I don't have Prime unfortunately. Maybe I should have just told them I was buying it no matter what in the next hour or something, from somewhere else if I couldn't get it matched. (I just asked if there was a way to get it at the lower price through Amazon)

Maybe I'll try again later. Thanks again.

Also, do they keep track of chats/PMes given? Obviously they would keep a record of chats, but would they notice if you had tried doing this a bunch of times, or if they had already given you a "one-time promotional price"?
Yes, mentioning that you are in a 'hurry' and you need this as a gift (for yourself of course). I also let them know I submitted that I found a lower price, and reference that as well.

I'm sure they keep a track of when you contacted them and maybe how it was resolved, but hey it's better to take a shot then always ask 'what if.' For the record, I've gotten price adjustments on things by $5-20 before on other items so don't be afraid to ask. Sometimes the rep you talked to already gave that price match to a customer before you so keep trying! Good Luck! :)

Yes, mentioning that you are in a 'hurry' and you need this as a gift (for yourself of course). I also let them know I submitted that I found a lower price, and reference that as well.

I'm sure they keep a track of when you contacted them and maybe how it was resolved, but hey it's better to take a shot then always ask 'what if.' For the record, I've gotten price adjustments on things by $5-20 before on other items so don't be afraid to ask. Sometimes the rep you talked to already gave that price match to a customer before you so keep trying! Good Luck! :)
Just tried again. Told them I was buying both of these today. The rep told me she could adjust one of them for me right there, so I got Luigi's Mansion for $14.99. Then she gave me 2-day shipping for free as well! (without me asking or anything) :D/ So thanks again for the tips!

bread's done
Back