Target Cartwheel Deals April 28th - May 4th 30% Off PlayStation Classic

Zantra

Banned
Saturday May 4th is my 35th birthday, and I will be partying in San Francisco with friends, and family. So next week's Cartwheel thread might be a few hours late. I apologize in advance. Here are the deals...

30% Off PlayStation Classic Console Gaming Console (Expires May 4th)

20% Off Switch Game Over 8-Bit Case Switch Case (Expires May 4th)

20% Off Switch 8-Bit Dungeon Case Switch Case (Expires May 4th)

LOL.. I don't know how this became a legal battle between what is ethical and not. Anyways did anyone actually try to PM and then use Cartwheel??
Careful, that's ABUSE.

...unless of course it benefits you, then it's fine, but otherwise it's abuse.

Just add a payment method to your wallet and pay with it after you PM. Try your luck.

I do have a warning though. Some Razer headsets on Target's website say that they contain chemicals that the state of California has shown to cause cancer and birth defects. I'm not sure if this is one of those headsets, but it's something that might be worth researching before you buy these. They are $50, and the Cartwheel will save you $17.50, making the headset $32.50.

Careful, that's ABUSE.

...unless of course it benefits you, then it's fine, but otherwise it's abuse.

Just add a payment method to your wallet and pay with it after you PM. Try your luck.
Thanks.. I am just buying one, I don't know about being abused..

FYI as of today Target has the PSC down to $39.99 and the cartweel is still active, bringing it down near $30

FYI as of today Target has the PSC down to $39.99 and the cartweel is still active, bringing it down near $30
At least based on what BrickSeek and the Target app are reporting, still $60 in my area, but pricing may just not have updated yet, similar to with the Labo deal.

$28 plus tax is not bad.

At least based on what BrickSeek and the Target app are reporting, still $60 in my area, but pricing may just not have updated yet, similar to with the Labo deal.

$28 plus tax is not bad.
Just checked and the Target app showed $39.99 for me. It let me use the Cartwheel coupon for in-store pick up.

I do have a warning though. Some Razer headsets on Target's website say that they contain chemicals that the state of California has shown to cause cancer and birth defects.
Not sure if serious. This means absolutely nothing. Come to California and you will see every second object marked with this warning, and every building you have no choice but to enter marked with a similar message about how it's going to slowly kill you.

Just another example of useless government compromise. Scare the hell out of everyone but force no one to actually fix the problem. Whatever is in those headsets is also in any number of unmarked products you will also buy.

Hacking Question - Is there anything I need to lookout for when picking this thing up? I know some VitaTV units weren't easily hackable due to differences in firmware or something. Or are all PSC's hackable out of the box?

Was waiting for $20 on the PS Classic but $28 isn't bad considering this thing can be soft modded easily.
Same. But once these things straight up hit $30 in stores / online, without cartwheel, price match, whatever, I imagine they'll sell rather quickly. And by the time it eventually does hit $20, it will be really hard to find.

Hacking Question - Is there anything I need to lookout for when picking this thing up? I know some VitaTV units weren't easily hackable due to differences in firmware or something. Or are all PSC's hackable out of the box?
I don't think Sony is doing a second run of these with updated firmware, so you don't need to be concerned about that

I have a Sandisk 32gb 2.0 USB flash stick that I purchased from Walmart for $2 awhile back so I decided to buy the PSC last night via the Target app for $30.65. I hacked it right away and it only took me about 15 minutes to get it modded and playing backup PS1 games (Xenogears, Einhander, Castlevania SOTN run flawlessly smooth on it). God it’s so easy compared to 12 years ago when I tried to hack my PSP and bricked it lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, $28 is really tempting.  But at the same time, I already have all the PS1 games I want to play, and know this would just sit in it's box on my collection shelf with the NES and SNES classic.

I did store pickup for the Playstation classic today and they brought out someone else's order. Apparently a few people are on to this deal.

This week in the mail I was sent a $5 off $15 purchase from Target. I also had $20 in gift cards that I’ve had for the longest time. Went into Target tonight and the PS Classic rang up $59.99. After I PM to Targets website and the cartwheel plus gift cards I paid $4.77 for the PS Classic. Not to shabby of a deal.

Thanks for telling me about the price drop and that you can use Cartwheel for in-store pickup. I didn't know that was a way you could apply Cartwheel.

Don't forget the PSC comes with a 6.5 foot hdmi cable.  Stick a Monster brand label on it, and consider the PSC free.

Just put in an order through the Cartwheel App for the extra 30% off the $39.99 price.

Chose In-Store Pickup, so hopefully I'll be able to grab it sometime today.

Thank you to all that posted about this!

Well, I am off to San Francisco to celebrate my birthday, and go to a comedy show. I should be home in time for the updated deals at 12:30am-ish PDT. I am going to a science fiction and toy convention in Sacramento tomorrow, so I can't be out super late tonight anyway. I hope that everybody is finding the PlayStation Classics in their stores, and that employees aren't giving you too much grief about price matching. Unfortunately my local store has never carried the system, but I am happy for people that have found them.

Thanks for the heads up about Cartwheel applying for instore pickup orders. Placed my order last night and will pick up today. $28.xx after Cartwheel and Redcard discounts. My price point was $20 but this is good enough. Time to hack this thing. For those of you who’ve hacked it, what’s a good size USB drive to use? I’d like to add as many games from the classic systems, including PS1 of course.

Yeah, I'm close to biting myself.

I would go at least 128gb. With PSX being CD-based to begin with, headroom is good.
How did you get the PSC to detect the 128GB? The PSC will not detect my 128GB 3.0 Sandisk USB stick at all. However it detects my old 32GB 2.0 Sandisk USB stick fine and works pretty well. Based on my research from Reddit the PSC will not detect anything higher than 64GB or 3.0 USB stick. In addition anything more than 80 PS1 games your PSC will sometimes shutdown randomly.

$28, sold. Darn good deal imo
$26.50 with Red :)

Regarding 128GB, etc.. I'm holding out until they add OTG support (not long). I don't want to be limited, don't want a controller port blocked, don't want to do a hardware mod (power limiter) to get universal compatibility. The mods haven't caught up to what I ultimately want this thing to be doing anyway, so I don't mind waiting.

Marauder - when I said "at least 128", that really meant 256 or more. :) Put it this way - I'm using about 70 of 128 with my SNES. The Neo-Geo, Sega CD, PS1 stuff is what really makes a dent. On that system, I was very selective about games.. meaning only 20 PS1 titles. Extrapolate that to the kind of selection you'd want on an actual PS Classic, and you can see why it wouldn't hurt to go even bigger.

Plus, over time there will be things like custom music, etc. you might also want on there.

It isn’t how I decide, it is law in many states and countries. Price manipulation is illegal in many places.
Yeah, none of this was "price manipulation" in a legal sense. And you said multiple times that the "MSRP" was lower than it actually, is, because "that's msrp to me"

TBH, I'm more enthused by the fact more and more cartwheel deals are able to be double-dipped this way these days. Got a Nespresso machine the other day for ~$90 after ~60% off. THIS IS FINE.

Just picked up my online order I placed on the last day of the deal.  While I fully expect to see these for $20 if not even less, $28.00 less 5% redcard discount plus tax was not too shabby for the mod capabilities and pair of controllers.

bread's done
Back