Target / CC / BB Video Game Prices: 8/19/07 - 8/25/07 ** Uber Thread **

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!
Let's get one thing clear. I am Not Speedy1961 or have any relation with Speedy. I'm a loyal CAG member and I miss Speedy's contribution everyday since the unfortunate incident. I'm hoping for Speedy's speedy comeback. Until then, I am willing to contribute. But I'll be a week late than speedy. I do get the weekly flyers every thursday delivered to my house. So I post the deal every thursday until something happens.

Target

DS lite Brain Age 2 bundle >>>>>> includes RED NDSL, Brain Age 2, and bonus carrying case >>>>>> 149.99 >>>>>avai. Tues. 8/21/

Brain Age 2 >>>>>>NDS>>>>>> 19.99
Brain Age >>>>>>>>NDS >>>>>> 19.99

Big Brain Academy >>>>>Wii>>>> 49.99
Boogie>>>>>>>Wii>>>>>>59.99

Madden 08>>>>>>> PSP,XBOX,GC>>>>>39.99
Madden 08 >>>>>>>PS2,Wii>>>>>>>>>49.99
Madden 08 >>>>>>> NDS>>>>>>>>29.99
Madden 08>>>>>>>>PS3,X360>>>>>>59.99

PS3 60GB >>>>>> 499.99 ( 5 free blu-ray movies by mail ) with purchase of PS3

PS3 80GB >>>>>>599.99

Pirates of Caribbean >>>>PS3,x360>>>>> 34.99. PS2>>>>>>>24.99
Lair >>>>>>coming soon
MLB 07 The Show >>>>>>PS2,PSP >>>>29.99 PS3>>>>>59.99
Transformer >>>>>>PS3,X360>>>>> 49.99

Bioshock >>>>>x360>>>>>59.99 avail. Tues. 8/21
Halo 3 >>>>>>x360 >>>>>>> avail. Tues 9/25 ( 2 exclusive collectible action figures with $10 reservation of Halo 3 or Halo 3 Limited Edition. Figures redeemed with game purchase. Quantity limited: No rain checks)

Circuit City

Wii System 249.99
wii remote 39.99
wii Nunchuk 19.99

NYKO charge station 24.99 (save $5 reg.29.99)

POkemon Battle Revolution >>>>Wii>>>>>> 49.99

Mario Striker >>>>>>Wii> 49.99
Boogie >>>>>wii>>>>>>59.99
Madden 08 >>>>>wii.PS2 >>>>>49.99

DS lite Brain Age 2 bundle >>>>>> includes RED NDSL, Brain Age 2, and bonus carrying case >>>>>> 149.99 >>>>>avai. Tues. 8/21/

Madden 08 >>>>> NDS>>>>>>29.99

BD&A Pen stylus & Screen Protector 2-pack for DSL>>>>>> 4.99>>>save $5

BD&A Mini Folio Case for NDS & NDSL >>>>>>4.99>>>>save $5

Madden 08>>>>>360,PS3>>>>>>>>59.99

BIOSHOCK >>>>>360 >>>>>49.99
(save $10)

High School Musical >>>>>>>NDS>>>>>>>>>>29.99

25% off on these "brain games"

Brain Age 2
, Brain Age, Big Brain Academy, Brain Boost Beta, Brain Boost Gamma, Mind Quiz>>>>>>>>NDS>>>>>>14.99 (save $5)

Planet Puzzle league >>>>NDS>>>>>22.49 (reg 29.99)

Big Brain Academy >>>>>> Wii>>>>>>>> 37.49
(reg. 49.99)

PC Games

BIOSHOCK
>>>>>39.99>>>>>>Reg 49.99

Sims 2 Deluxe >>>>>>34.99 Save $5
Sims H & M Fashion Stuff>>>>>>>>>>>>>14.99 save $5 In-store wed. 3pm

================================================== =====
Best Buy

DS lite Brain Age 2 bundle >>>>>> includes RED NDSL, Brain Age 2, and bonus carrying case >>>>>> 149.99 >>>>>avai. Tues. 8/21/ by 2P.M (Limit 1 per customer. Minimum 16 per store. No raincheck)

Buy 2, Get 1 Free : Brain Age 1 or 2, and Big Brain Academy

Brain age 2, Brain age, Big Brain Academy >>>>>19.99

High School Musical >>>>>NDS>>>>>29.99
Rune Factory >>>>>>NDS>>>>>29.99
Heroes of Mana>>>>>>NDS>>>>29.99

XBOX360 Elite >>>>>>>> 449.99

Bioshock >>>>360>>>>>59.99
Bioshock >>>>PC>>>>>>49.99 (avail. Tuesday)

All-Pro Football 2k8 (360/PS3) $39.99 (save $20)

Guitar Hero II Bundle >>>>>> X360>>>>>>89.99

Free 300 HD-DVD movie when you buy Xbox360 HD-DVD includes King Kong HD-DVD movie and remote >>>>>>>>179.99

PS2 >>>129.99

Hot Shots Tennis >>>> 29.99
Madden 08 >>>>>PS2>>>>49.99 X360>>>>>59.99

Thanks OP for the early ad posting. And to everyone who is worried about CC, I think if the OP does get his ads on Thursday, then it's already out in the open and CC wouldn't have a legal leg to stand on. So fuck 'em!

thanks heyheyhey (fat albert reference?)

im just waiting til that dsl bundle comes out at costco...

its interesting to see the circuit city brian age deal vs. the best buy one

buy 2 or less your better off with CC (total is $30 w/o tax)
buy 3 or any number divisble by that you'll be saving $5 at BB ($40 instead of $45..) very interesting

Great timing, OP (and many thanks!)

I was planning on picking up Heroes of Mana this afternoon with the 20% TRU coupon, but now I'll wait since BB has it on sale next week. Guess I'll pick up Luminous Arc today instead, because I'm dying for a new DS game.

awesome job OP :applause:...will be picking up the hd dvd bundle on sunday...as long as Best buy dont pull no Circuit City on me...

Sun - Sat. all out of stock...following sunday...BOXES AND BOXES in stock...

fuck YOU CIRCUIT CITY

:bomb: Just remembered, CC died in my area. Where do I go to PM? I'm guessing late-night walmart visit would be the best bet.

Wow, what a change! Several great prices this week! All-Pro for $40? Brain Age 2 for $15? Bioshock for $50? Nice discounts on some good games.

[quote name='shrike4242']Missed that in the ad that BB has B2G1 on the Brain games. If I didn't have BBA & BA already, I'd go for that.[/quote]I missed that, too... I may see if some of my friends want any of the brain games, should be $10 + tax each after PMing to CC. Do I dare try an expired GamePro BB coupon after that? Heh heh...

[quote name='Scorch']Freakin' sweet. Thanks! You're brave to post these early.

All pro already dropping to 39.99? I wonder if it's just a sale or an actual drop.[/quote]

It was announced earlier that this was their plan for when Madden came out.

The release date for BA2 is supposed to be Aug. 20th...so it won't be available on the 19th, right? If it's specified in the OP, I must have missed it...

All Pro should have been priced like the original 2K games, its what made them get into the hands of gamers to realize how gameplay in a football game should be. I don't think can compete with an NFL license no matter how good All Pro is or how bad Madden is, its just different.

Nice to see Bioshock with a 10 dollar break on release date. Love it when CC does this.

Listen to the podcast or check the other advanced ad thread, its really sad, and I support Speedy 100%, and like most CAGs will be not shopping at CC untill its fixed.

[quote name='SNKMat']When I PM Bioshock @ CC, do I get 10% off.[/QUOTE]

YMMV. Depends on the store.

Are those $5 GC still available in the stores? The ones in the back of the gift cards?

I'm in for Bioshock (PC) - PM - $20 of saved up reward zone GC

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Thank you so much OP. Seriously. You've got some balls. I applaud you.

:applause:[/quote]Same here. :D

Anyway, cool. I'll pricematch CC's Brain Age 2 deal at Best Buy.

By the way, does anyone know how much (even roughly) CC profits on the sale of a Wii? I have a relative who wants one, and I'm thinking if I buy there, that would mean one less sale to a buyer who would get their games and accessories in the same store and help CC profit more... But I'm conflicted about this one. >_> If they make, like, $50 profit on hardware sales, well, forget that idea.

thanks for picking up where speedy left off! i'm really hoping that gamecrazy price matches since i've still got $130 in unused credit in their stores, and $50 for bioshock would certainly be excellent.

I have Shadowrun un-opened, will Best Buy or Circuit City take it back for store credit?? I would like to do it at Best Buy because I have Reward Points, but then I would like to do it at Circuit City because of the $15 off of $100.

Anyone?

I don't think I'll boycott CC, I'll just make sure that anything I buy there is pricematched so that they lose money on it. I like that idea.

The Brain Age games deal at BB looks good. 40 for all 3? I might bite on that one.

Well I plan on going to CC on Tuesday. I think I will walk about five feet inside the door, grab an add flyer, and promptly turn around and head for BB to do a price match on Bioshock.

I have about $40 worth of birthday stuff to return to BB so Bioshock is gonna be quite cheap for me! I guess it's not so bad now that I missed out on picking the game up early at TRU.

And thanks a bunch for the post heyheyhey. I think we can all agree that even getting add prices a few days early is better than nothing at all. Hopefully this will be able to continue for the foreseeable future.

[quote name='xcoax']thanks for picking up where speedy left off! i'm really hoping that gamecrazy price matches since i've still got $130 in unused credit in their stores, and $50 for bioshock would certainly be excellent.[/quote]

I never heard of gamecrazy pricematching.

Don't buy stuff at CC. Just PM at another store. Remember, these guys are trying to sue Speedy!! Thanks to the OP for putting this thread up and keeping the tradition alive!

thanks OP glad to see there are other people out there with the early info that really does not affect the companies like Wombat says but you and speendy will have to share the CAG awards this year though i still think

First thanx ops greatly appreciate the info. We miss you speedy
don't buy anything from CC save speedy. just price match at Bestbuy and don't forget you get an extra 10% off when you do that

First thanx ops greatly appreciate the info. We miss you speedy
don't buy anything from CC save speedy. just price match at Bestbuy and don't forget you get an extra 10% off when you do that

I'm a little disappointed Two Worlds isn't listed, I was hoping for some kind of deal for that. Hopefully Best Buy will be getting that in so I can pick up that, and PM Bioshock for $50 (I hated CC before, now I loathe them even more).

Question, I have a 65$ gift card for Walmart (returned my second game at walmart from tru deal to buy bioshock). Well, I might as well continue the ripoff of wally world. How does there pricematch work. I know I have to pay for the game at the counter of the electronics dept so will they pm there or should I purchase it and go straight to customer service and have them do it?

[quote name='wolverinefactor']Could we get the dvd ads? Thanks either way.[/QUOTE]

Do you not know about the DVD forums here at CAG? Check them out, and you'll find your answers there.

[quote name='lurknomore']Do you not know about the DVD forums here at CAG? Check them out, and you'll find your answers there.[/QUOTE]

That's why he was asking. They aren'te posted there yet.

Thanks again OP awesome work.

Bioshock is more awesome than everyone thinks. If you don't play games in surround, go out and buy a system. Bioshock has better sound design than most blockbusters.
It's longer than I thought it would be, kinda like the zelda of shooters.

when you price match at BB (at least at mine) they call the store to see if they have any copies in stock. I tried to price match kingdom hearts 2 when it came out that CC had on sale for 39.99 at BB. But BB called and CC didn't have any in stock so I was SOL.

So if BB doesn't come through there is wal-mart to price match. Any other places price match? k-mart/target???

Anyone think Circuit City might come a little hard with the offers to keep business from the (once) loyal shoppers? Just thinking outloud there.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='george21000']when you price match at BB (at least at mine) they call the store to see if they have any copies in stock. I tried to price match kingdom hearts 2 when it came out that CC had on sale for 39.99 at BB. But BB called and CC didn't have any in stock so I was SOL.

So if BB doesn't come through there is wal-mart to price match. Any other places price match? k-mart/target???[/QUOTE]

Target doesn't for sure I know that. Not sure about K-Mart.

That sucks that your BB actually follows policy and calls the store.

[quote name='HyundaiJVX']Anyone think Circuit City might come a little hard with the offers to keep business from the (once) loyal shoppers? Just thinking outloud there.

Thanks OP![/QUOTE]
Once loyal? Over what? If you're referring to the Speedy thing, then no. They don't care a bit about a handful of gamers on a site known for trying to take advantage of stores who stop shopping there. In fact, they'd probably be happy to have a few less CAGs shopping there. Now, if you are referring to something else, such as CC's recent firing of many employees so that they could rehire them at a lower wage---no, still. I don't think enough people know or care about that story, though it is what stopped me from shopping there over the past few months.

bread's done
Back