radjago

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
*Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Wait do they have those giant fun bags of candy left over for 75% off?! I LOVE CANDY! But I didn't go trick or treating this year or last year, cause I'm just THAT badass. :cool:

My local Target also had Men of Valor, Tak 2, and Riddick for $13.98. And, they also had Timesplitters: Future Pefect for Xbox for $19.99. I have no clue when they got these in since a few weeks back they didn't have them at all. Still, I'm so behind in gaming, that I'm going to see if I can get it for cheaper or wait until Christmas.

I picked up an extra Darkstalkers (PSP) and Super Monkey Ball Deluxe (PS2). I'm looking for Mercury (PSP). If anyone's interested in a trade, let me know.

[quote name='PimpBot2000']no psp clearance games at my target. i did see everquest 2 for pc for 7.50 and some yu-gi-oh pc game on clearance for 4.98.[/QUOTE]

what YU GI OH Game was it

Obviously YMMV, in North Bergen NJ, all Xbox -- Nascar 2005 $20.98, Tiger 2005 $20.98, Morrowing GOTY $6.98, Men of Valor $13.98. Also saw Tiger for PSP for $14.98, gotta go back for that one.

Got the last Darkstalkers at my target for 20.98... It wasn't marked and none of the others came up on clearance. This is in Wilmington, NC.

The Super Target in Sawgrass Mills in Fort Lauderdale, FL only had "Let's Count Sand", "Let's Wait In Line", and "Bean Farmer Xtreme".

Where were all the good games? They had nothing...zip, zilch, nada! Oh wait, they had "Nada III"!

Actually, all they had was a ton of "F-Zero GP"s for the low low price of $20.98. Don't kill yourselves getting them.

The KB Toys in Sawgrass had lots of great $5 & $10 games though! Check the KB Thread for all the stuff I found if you're in that area.

[quote name='bsesb2003']Obviously YMMV, in North Bergen NJ, all Xbox -- Nascar 2005 $20.98, Tiger 2005 $20.98, Morrowing GOTY $6.98, Men of Valor $13.98. Also saw Tiger for PSP for $14.98, gotta go back for that one.[/QUOTE]

Wow - Morrowind: GOTY for $6.98? Nice! I may have to stop by some other Targets around here and see if they carry that around NE Ohio.

[quote name='asaraa']Lumines for $19.98[/QUOTE]

ridge racers for psp for the same price in huntsville AL...lmk and i'll pick either up if somebody wants em. i don't even know if its a deal.

It may not be safe to assume here but weren't some of these games high sellers at the PSP launch?

And if not, is there a likely chance that other stores will follow in Target's footsteps and mark down these games?

Or will we see a Greatest Hits collection for PSP pretty soon like in Japan?

And who where thinks that a GH collection for the PSP would be $25 a game?

And another question. Why do PSP games fluctuate in price so much?

[quote name='gaelan']ridge racers for psp for the same price in huntsville AL...lmk and i'll pick either up if somebody wants em. i don't even know if its a deal.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I saw this in the case at the Target in Dearborn, MI but they had X-Men Legends 2 in front of it so I couldn't see the price.

[quote name='chickenhawk']Found some clearence games at the Lemont Target. They had Darkstalkers, NBA, NHL, Tiger Woods, and Ridge Racer (all PSP). Darkstalkers and NHL were $14.98 and the rest were $20 or above.

Also, not a clearence, but Total Overdose for PS2 was $19.99. Pretty quick drop on what is supposed to be a pretty decent game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up chickenhawk. I was able to get Total Overdose for my boyfriend this weekend and he was very pleased. Still don't understand why they are selling a $39.99 game at $19.99 but hey I'm not complaining.

[quote name='GunstarRed']The Super Target in Sawgrass Mills in Fort Lauderdale, FL only had "Let's Count Sand", "Let's Wait In Line", and "Bean Farmer Xtreme".

Where were all the good games? They had nothing...zip, zilch, nada! Oh wait, they had "Nada III"!
[/QUOTE]

I hate you.

Orange City, FL - saw a ton of new clearance stuff yesterday. Don't know where it all came from. Some of the ones I remember offhand...

GBA
Mario Golf - $14.98 - 1 left

DS
Feel the Magic - $14.98? - 2 left
Zookeeper - $14.98? - 1 left
Polarium - $14.98 - 1 left
Asphault: Urban GT - $19.98 - 5 left

PSP
Dynasty Warriors - $14.98 - 1 left
Darkstalkers - $14.98 - 1 left
Mercury - $14.98 - 4 left
Rengoku - $14.98 - 3 left
World Tour Soccer - $14.98 - 10+ left
Lumines - $19.98 - 1 left
Tiger Woods - $19.98 - 10+ left
Dead to Rights: Reckoning: $19.98 - 5 left
Spider Man 2 - $19.98 - 10+ left

Plus, they pulled a whole whack of DS games out of the glass cases, and dumped them on an endcap. They still seemed to be close to regular price (Meteos $30, Castlevania DS $35, etc), but I'm wondering if these are about to drop as well...?

Orange City target is the shit.

Got Xenosaga for $10...then I noticed that it said 80 hours of gameplay, and now I'm not so sure that I will have time to beat it, much less ep. 2 (got from TRU)...is the 80 hrs. a lower or upper bound?

i couldnt find a darkstalkers at my local target so id be willing to trade an extra copy of metroid prime 2 i picked up or some other game, PM me, thanks!

was shocked to see all 4 copies of darkstalker still sitting in fort wayne .... they had 1 mario rpg and 1 FFTA for GBA left all 15 each

[quote name='oleander']Got Xenosaga for $10...then I noticed that it said 80 hours of gameplay, and now I'm not so sure that I will have time to beat it, much less ep. 2 (got from TRU)...is the 80 hrs. a lower or upper bound?[/QUOTE]

The original Xenosaga? Probably an upper-bound. My friends played it complete and hit around 60, 65 hours or so. I think the average tends to be around 40-50, so you should be fine, in theory. Good find, though! Wish the local one had Xenosaga or anything else of value save for Feel the Magic.

[quote name='Kapwanil']The original Xenosaga? Probably an upper-bound. My friends played it complete and hit around 60, 65 hours or so. I think the average tends to be around 40-50, so you should be fine, in theory. Good find, though! Wish the local one had Xenosaga or anything else of value save for Feel the Magic.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, it's good to know that I might actually be able to beat it...and honestly, I'm pretty surprised they had it...my local Targets tend to suck when it comes to clearances, so I was pretty happy. And they've had one copy of Xenosaga for a long time, and then had two today :whistle2:s. They also had cleaned up the game area very nicely, and all of the clearance games were in one place! And they had a nice selection of other games: FFX, F-Zero (which will hopefully stick around for awhile so I can get it cheap), FFTA, Zookeeper, FtM:XYXX, Half Life Collection, and Half Life 2. Oh, and lots of Winnie the Pooh's Rumbly Tumbly Adventure.
Sadly no SMB for PS2...

My local target had many cheap PSP games including:

PSP
Dynasty Warriors - $14.98
Darkstalkers - $14.98
Mercury - $14.98
Rengoku - $14.98
World Tour Soccer - $19.98
Tiger Woods - $19.98
NBA- $14.98
Greasky- $14.98
Ridge Racer- $27.98 (not really a bargin here)

[quote name='oleander']And they've had one copy of Xenosaga for a long time, and then had two today :whistle2:s. They also had cleaned up the game area very nicely, and all of the clearance games were in one place! And they had a nice selection of other games: FFX, F-Zero (which will hopefully stick around for awhile so I can get it cheap), FFTA, Zookeeper, FtM:XYXX, Half Life Collection, and Half Life 2.[/QUOTE]

Nice selection! Mine finally organized a very respectable Clearance section but they placed it under the second end-aisle display of budget games, so it's a bit difficult to tell which are Clearanced and which are just $19.99 titles. They really need to add a scanner in the Electronics section. Actually, they need to add more than just the one scanner in the Housewares area to the store. It would make things a lot easier!

So yes, Bloomington, IN, Clearance titles are where the budget games are at the end of the game aisles and the new scanner is all the way across the store, towards the end with the tables, desks, and Crock Pot BBQ Pits.

Monroeville, PA:

Picked up:
PSP: Darkstalkers Chronicle $15. 2 copies left.
PC: Splinter Cell Chaos Theory $7.48. 2 copies left.

Saw some other PSP games, mostly sports (Tiger Woods, NBA, Soccer, Gretzky). No Lumines or Mercury. Ridge Racers was still $28.

[quote name='jshawnd']Monroeville, PA:

Picked up:
PSP: Darkstalkers Chronicle $15. 2 copies left.
PC: Splinter Cell Chaos Theory $7.48. 2 copies left.

Saw some other PSP games, mostly sports (Tiger Woods, NBA, Soccer, Gretzky). No Lumines or Mercury. Ridge Racers was still $28.[/QUOTE]

I wish I could have found CT at my Target for that price!

I recently saw Donkey Konga 2 & Jungle Beat both on clearance (and both without bongos), at either 20.98 or 24.98. Does anyone know if Target has the Jungle Beat w/ Bongos on clearance too? I saw one box behind glass, but the clerk wouldn't scan it for me, instead just telling me the sticker price of $55.

[quote name='wjhard63']I recently saw Donkey Konga 2 & Jungle Beat both on clearance (and both without bongos), at either 20.98 or 24.98. Does anyone know if Target has the Jungle Beat w/ Bongos on clearance too? I saw one box behind glass, but the clerk wouldn't scan it for me, instead just telling me the sticker price of $55.[/QUOTE]

Oh gawdammit don't you dare go getting my hopes up on that DK2. :(

Yeah, so they had the platinum hits version of Fusion Frenzey for Xbox at 9.98...as if anyone actually cared.

Variety of stuff left at York Pa location. Picked up dynasty warriors and mercury for 14.98, saw tiger woods, and some other sports psp games for 14.98. Also saw a ridge racers for 20ish.

Jungle Beat on clearance at two Target's I hit up priced at $27.98, still too expensive for me and each one only had one copy.

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga clearanced for $14.98, anyone want me to pick it up and ship it out can PM me and I'll see what I can do. You pay shipping and maybe a couple of bucks for my trouble.

Poughkeepsie NY is running a sale for this week in addition to the flyer stuff, I believe...

I saw:
Samurai Legend Musashi - $14 - 1 copy left
Hot Shots Golf Fore! - $14 - several copies left...

There were a few more, but nothing I can remember.
I was hoping I'd find a monkey ball deluxe kicking around...

Does World Tour Soccer trade in for a lot at GR? There's a lot at my local Target for $20.98, and since it's Monday, they might have dropped since last time. How much trade in credit does it get? Thanks. :happy:

[quote name='schultzed']The way to handle this is goto www.half.com and find a game you're interested in and look up the UPC. For instance: Lumines is 008888332435 then goto

http://www.upcdatabase.com/ enter the UPC number to look it up in the database and get a printable UPC code.

Scan this at your Target's price checker.

I found this to be very effective when I wanted to ride the prices down without tipping off the clerks that they games were clearanced. If they know a game is discounted, they will remove them and lable then and the rabble will have a shot at them. It is also fun when a snotty clerk insists that a game is full price and you surprise them by knowing the clearance price.[/QUOTE]

I actually did this today since my local Target didn't have any of the games on clearance, but still had some of the listed ones in the cases marked at the regular price. I took the UPC scans of some of the games previously metioned and they all came up at the clearance prices at one of the scanners. I ended up snagging another Dark Stalkers for a friend for $14.98. I would definitely suggest using this method if your Target still has some of these games in the cases!

Finally bought myself the Super monkey ball dx PS2 for 9.98. I didn't even think they would still have it after I saw it last week. I was also going to get Lumines but it rang up as 27.98. Is there a slight chance I can buy this one and take it to the other Target that sold it for 19.98 and get the price difference?

[quote name='Xenious']Picked up Samurai Musashi Legend finally for 10 bucks..hope it is as good as it looks.[/QUOTE]

It was still tagged @ $13.xx at the Target I went to, did it just drop yesterday?

Target in Aliso Viejo:
Lumines $27.98 (ugh)
NBA $19.98
Donkey Konga 2 $24.98 (ugh)

Target in Mission Viejo:
Lumines $27.98 (ugh)

Target in Santa Ana:
Lumines $19.98 (yay!)
Tiger Woods (no sticker, I didn't scan it)
NBA
bunch of old DS games, only Sprung and FtM marked on clearance at $14.98

I went back today to pick up the copy of Samurai Legend Musashi I saw yesterday and it was gone... :cry:

Also, I tried to check the price of the Donkey Konga w/ bongos but the scanner came back with "item not found" so I went and got a clerk to scan it and he says it rang up at $49.99, but I don't believe him

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']I went back today to pick up the copy of Samurai Legend Musashi I saw yesterday and it was gone... :cry:

Also, I tried to check the price of the Donkey Konga w/ bongos but the scanner came back with "item not found" so I went and got a clerk to scan it and he says it rang up at $49.99, but I don't believe him[/QUOTE]

If he did actually hit it with the scanner, the price should now be in the store's system. Next time you're there hit the scanner again with a copy of the barcode and you should see the "real" price.

[quote name='xbox_mole']If he did actually hit it with the scanner, the price should now be in the store's system. Next time you're there hit the scanner again with a copy of the barcode and you should see the "real" price.[/QUOTE]

Lemme elaborate:

Me with the scanner -- Jungle Beat "$54.99". Donkey Konga "Item not found".

Excuse me, could you scan Donkey Konga for me, the price check scanner claims "Item not found." The clerk says yea and we head over to the case.

Clerk with scanning gun: Scan once, look in disbelief, flip box around, scan again, look in disbelief, "Uh. It's 49.99."

Btw, the Target in Kingston, NY has less than the Poughkeepsie one.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']Lemme elaborate:

Me with the scanner -- Jungle Beat "$54.99". Donkey Konga "Item not found".

Excuse me, could you scan Donkey Konga for me, the price check scanner claims "Item not found." The clerk says yea and we head over to the case.

Clerk with scanning gun: Scan once, look in disbelief, flip box around, scan again, look in disbelief, "Uh. It's 49.99."

Btw, the Target in Kingston, NY has less than the Poughkeepsie one.[/QUOTE]

Ah, now I gotcha. :)

What I do too, is if I don't have a printout of the barcode and I think something is on clearance. I'll just buy it and put it on my Target card. If it turns out to be more than I expected I'll shop somewhere else in the same mall plaza where the Target is and go back later in the day and return it. It only works though if you know the charge isn't going to hit your card during a statement period and the charge and credit will end up on the same billing period and wipe your balance clean then.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']Did ya seen 'em good there, Cmosfm? :D[/QUOTE]

I swear I'm not a redneck! :( I was just typing quickly and not paying attention to my words. :D

So, is it official that they drop prices on Monday? That way I can go in on those days and beat the other cheapasses to the best deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back