Status
Not open for further replies.

shrike4242

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1043 (100%)
Part VII thread over here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125767

Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads* (Links Coming)

Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items disappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

[SIZE=+2]-Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pertaining to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.[/SIZE]
(This includes all of the bitching and whining that always inflates the size of the T Clearance Thread)

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Keep it on topic or your post may be deleted to prune down the thread size.

The game-related ones haven't been great, but I did pick up 2 10-packs of Sony DVD-Rs (with full-sized DVD cases) for $2.48 each. Not too bad. Plus the 4-packs of DV video cassettes mislabeled at $2.24 that I mentioned a little while ago.

Has anyone seen GBA SP's clearanced? I really need to get one of these before they become impossible to find as I am unwilling to have black crap sticking out the bottom of my DS...sigh...

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Do you know what brand the Gamecube mem card was? I went to mine, and they only had a Madcatz one for $19.99[/quote]

The GC memory cards were official Nintendo brand.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Has anyone seen GBA SP's clearanced? I really need to get one of these before they become impossible to find as I am unwilling to have black crap sticking out the bottom of my DS...sigh...[/QUOTE]I heard they're $50 at Game Rush but those might be hard to find now. Otherwise you'll have a hard enough time just finding them, let alone for anything under $79.99.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Has anyone seen GBA SP's clearanced? I really need to get one of these before they become impossible to find as I am unwilling to have black crap sticking out the bottom of my DS...sigh...[/QUOTE]

I know certain GBA SP special/limited bundles were clearanced at Target, but this was a while ago. I don't think they'd clearance consoles, I remember the Playstation 1s just sat there gathering dust, until they vanished (to Goodwill, perhaps?)

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Has anyone seen GBA SP's clearanced? I really need to get one of these before they become impossible to find as I am unwilling to have black crap sticking out the bottom of my DS...sigh...[/QUOTE]

I don't know if it helps you at all, but I'm seeing the Micro being clearanced around here for $35. Yeah, I know it doesn't play the original GB Color and crap, but if all you need is GBA stuff to be playable, it's a good little (HA!) alternative. I just bought the 20th Anniversary edition the other day when Sears PMed K-Mart's clearance price.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Has anyone seen GBA SP's clearanced? I really need to get one of these before they become impossible to find as I am unwilling to have black crap sticking out the bottom of my DS...sigh...[/quote]

Yeah I picked one up a month ago packaged wtih a game for my nephew. Can't remember the price though.

Saw the 80 hour Tivo box for $99.98 (50% off). Is this a good buy? Once you buy the box all you need to do is contact Tivo to arrange for service, correct?
I would appreciate any help, thanks.

^^^ Yes, once you have the Tivo unit, you will then need to contact Tivo and give them a credit card number to set up service. The on-screen prompts and included instructions guide you through the entire set-up process.

I got Megaman Battle Network 5: Protoman and MMBN5: Colonel for about $3.50 each. I went back the next day and they were back up to $15.

Wierd.

Picked this stuff up:

Pelican 360 controller $7.xx
PSP metal storage case $7.xx
NDS lite charger pack $3.xx
PSP car adapter - 2.xx
Sennheiser headphones 12.xx
360 cooling stand $7.xx
Fuji finepix A400 $41.xx (open box)
Tivo 2 - $22.xx (open box)
2 DVD players - $11.xx to 14.xx (open box / no remotes)
Sony water proof 'boom box' $12.xx (open box)
3 month XBX live 7.xx (returned - card was missing from box)

[quote name='ravenbear'][quote name='Arkay Firestar']Has anyone seen GBA SP's clearanced? [/quote]

Yeah I picked one up a month ago packaged wtih a game for my nephew. Can't remember the price though.[/quote]

It was the bundle Target had for Black Friday 2005. It included a brighter screen SP, soft carry case, car charger, and Super Mario World GBA. It was initially priced at $68.xx.

A Target must have found a case of those bundles in the back 2 months back, as I saw 8 of them in the glass case in early March 07. I paid $48.21 for it as a gift for someone.

The DCPI# was 207-03-0008 i believe. One caveat though: if the Target you are at never clearanced it out, the DCPI# will still show $68.88

It could have something to do with the coming months not seeing too many releases. They need some games in the cases. lol

Not seeing too much in the way of games, but Target in Willoughby, OH has all kinds of recording equipment that I never knew they sold. Budget model versions of M-Boxes, a cheap looking electronic drum kit/drum machine... Nothing I can really use, but if they go to 75% off or more, I might consider it.

I picked up 4 Xbox 12 month Subscription (old style) cards for $12.48 each!! They had them in the toy clearance at the end of the isle. Works the same as the new ones.

Not much at the Target by me. No console games at all. Just PC games. San Andreas, Diablo II, and NeverWinter Nights Diamond or the ones I remember. Picked up a D-link Ranger Booster Notebook adapter for $14.98 marked down form $59.99. And one of the Madcatz Universal S-Audio/Video Cable for $3.78 marked down from $14.99. They had the Nintendo WII Limited Edition Metal Magnet Box but I didn't check the price.

Picked up the Game of the Year compilation of Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War and the Winter Assault expansion for $13.98, but the 3rd disk was corrupted and wouldn't let me install it all the way. When I went to return it, they would only exchange it for the same game--which they didn't have. Now I have to find another Target in the area that has the same game on clearance. :bomb:

That sucks. My copy of the Warhammer game I got on clearance at Target (also the last copy) had serious issues with one of the CDs (it was the CD-ROM version, and so had like 8 discs). I was finally able to install it by copying the contents of the CD to the desktop and pointing the installer to that folder, but even that required a couple of tries. Annoying.

[quote name='JoeX111']Picked up the Game of the Year compilation of Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War and the Winter Assault expansion for $13.98, but the 3rd disk was corrupted and wouldn't let me install it all the way. When I went to return it, they would only exchange it for the same game--which they didn't have. Now I have to find another Target in the area that has the same game on clearance. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Just take it to Wal-Mart. They'll give you an even exchange on it, and I know Wal-Mart still carries it. Just take off the target clearance price sticker(although there's a good chance they wouldn't even notice it in the first place).

lil weird...
stopped by a Target I rarely visit due to distance...but was on my way while running an errand yesterday...
Nintendo DS Pokemon Dash...scanned not on file...pick it up for $5 :bouncy:

[quote name='EndlessChris']I got Megaman Battle Network 5: Protoman and MMBN5: Colonel for about $3.50 each. I went back the next day and they were back up to $15.

Wierd.[/QUOTE]

Danny Phantom (DS) also scanned for $15 this week. Why would they raise the prices on clearanced games?

[quote name='Josef']Danny Phantom (DS) also scanned for $15 this week. Why would they raise the prices on clearanced games?[/quote]

This evening I noticed racks of GBA/NDS games up by the registers for 15.00. Danny Phantom was one of them... maybe they restocked at the new price for the 'end cap' displays?

[quote name='ofacto']Picked up WOW Burning Crusade Collector's Edition for $34.99 (50% off).[/quote]

Seriously? How many were left?

Damn I am finally back! Nothing new to report at my local Target but this is the first time I've been able to log on in a week. The torrential downpours we got here in the Midwest flooded my basement (our family/computer room). I've finally got it cleaned up and dried out!

Geez, when did all the jerks arrive at CAG? Can't we just help people out? At this time last year we didn't have anyone criticizing people for asking questions.

Anyway, if you watch DVD's on your Xbox, that's a good price. It probably won't drop further. If you don't watch DVD's, don't get it.

Was that directed at me? He's asking whether something is a deal and then says that he "hella doesn't want it." So I have to ask, what's the point of asking in the first place?

haha stupidity is funny

anyway I'm gonna go into Target Monday mornin' and see if either of those 2 decent cameras dropped in price again yet. Don't remember the names of them, I just know they're marked down 50%.

I'll leave a post when I get back if they're 75% off or not :) I really could use a new camera, really getting tired of this $7.50 digital camera I bought on Target clearence a few years ago, it was $29.99 originally for a non-disposable digital camera, you can imagine how poor it is.

[quote name='ddrisgood137']Geez, when did all the jerks arrive at CAG? Can't we just help people out? At this time last year we didn't have anyone criticizing people for asking questions.[/QUOTE]

ddrisgood137
CAG in Training

[quote name='monkeydeew']to let people know about a potential cheap ass deal i am not picking up[/QUOTE]
Fair enough. However, it has already been mentioned a couple of times in the thread already.

[quote name='Purkeynator']ddrisgood137
CAG in Training

PIME TARADOX

moarcheez-mike.jpg

[quote name='icruise']Fair enough. However, it has already been mentioned a couple of times in the thread already.[/quote]

sorry for the redundancy sorry

[quote name='reibeatall']I picked up Neverwinter Nights: Diamond for 9.99.[/quote]

My local Target still has 3 copies left of Neverwinter Nights: Diamond but for $13.98. I'm hoping it drops this Monday so I can pick up a copy.

[quote name='Flying PJ']Seriously? How many were left?[/QUOTE]

Just one. I almost didtn't recognize it when I saw it on the shelf.

Man you guys are lucky with the old XBL cards. I got a 12-month for $34 (only one in the store) and couldn't imagine they'd ever be cheaper.

I saw the Logitech Harmony 720 Remote for $99 (org $199) this weekend.

Anyone know how cheap these will drop before it hits oos? I'd really like to pick one up at a good price.

No videogame related stuff found yesterday at Target in Aliso Viejo, CA.

Lazer Tag 2-player sets were on clearance for 20.98. These sets were $50 in December.

There might be some new stuff today, but I'm betting it will be a week or two and then we'll see a lot of stuff go out on clearance. Target tends to do it's large batches of clearance in seasonal waves. Usually one post-holiday and then another pre-summer to make room for new product to sell to the kiddies with no school to go to.

There's been quite a lot of stuff going on clearance at my local Target. For example all the Xbox 1 peripherals have gone (missed the XBL cards:bomb: ), loads of cables and stuff went on last week as well. Plus there was a lot of things going on clearance outside of the video games sections. All the Transformers were clearanced out. I bought a Ramjet for old times sake :) . I think there were some DC figures being clearanced out to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back