Status
Not open for further replies.

shrike4242

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1043 (100%)
Part VII thread over here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125767

Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads* (Links Coming)

Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items disappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

[SIZE=+2]-Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pertaining to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.[/SIZE]
(This includes all of the bitching and whining that always inflates the size of the T Clearance Thread)

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Keep it on topic or your post may be deleted to prune down the thread size.

PC Games

$34.98
Europa Universalis III Collector's Edition

$19.98
Stronghold Legends

$14.98
Call of Duty - Deluxe Box
Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None

$9.98
Warhammer: Dawn of War Gold Edition
Scratches
World Series of Poker 2007
Starcraft Battle Chest

$7.48
Open Season

$4.98
City of Heroes (NOT Company, as I originally typed!)

Also:
Tivo Series 2 - 80hrs. $55 (From 220)

[quote name='Scorch']Company of Heroes is 4.98?! Good god, it's still 39.99 at EB![/quote]

OMG! I'm such a dumbass! Make that City of Heroes!!! Yikes!

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']Man you guys are lucky with the old XBL cards. I got a 12-month for $34 (only one in the store) and couldn't imagine they'd ever be cheaper.[/QUOTE]

I got a 12 month XBL card for $25. a couple of weeks back and two 3 month live boxes with headset. 100 point cards, free joust game for $7.48 each last week! :D

Picked up Europa Universalis III (Collector's Edition) for $12.48 at the Plano (N. Tollway) store. (There was still one more copy left as of 1 pm).

They also had Red Orchestra Ostfront 41-45 for $9.99.

Kind of off topic:

I went ahead and picked up the Harmony 720 remote today for $50. Certainly not "cheap ass" but since the other 3 that were there Saturday were now gone I went ahead and bought the one I happened to...misplace on the wrong isle. ;)

I must say though, even with the high price tag, this thing is a godsend for someone like me who has all his consoles (NES to 360) still hooked up to his TV with switch boxes, dvr, dvd, etc, etc and various setting for everything. Now its all a snap with a few buttons and a lovely color lcd. :D

Highly recommended. Especially if it drops any further.

[quote name='PaleGreen']OMG! I'm such a dumbass! Make that City of Heroes!!! Yikes![/quote]

*sigh*

you've crushed my hopes, sir. crushed.

I've been watching the Transformers two-packs for a few weeks now...still 50% ($9.98)...almost all gone now...don't know if they'll hit $4.98 or not.

I bought a $200 portable Ipod speaker system for $50 yesterday. They also had a smaller $120 system for around $30. The one I bought sounds pretty good...I got it for my basement/gameroom so I can pop the Ipod in and blast music during parties...it also hooks up to the TV so you can watch your Ipod videos on the big screen.

I also saw $50 electric guitar amps on clearance for $12.50.

[quote name='Rictor']
I bought a $200 portable Ipod speaker system for $50 yesterday. They also had a smaller $120 system for around $30. The one I bought sounds pretty good...I got it for my basement/gameroom so I can pop the Ipod in and blast music during parties...it also hooks up to the TV so you can watch your Ipod videos on the big screen.[/quote]Which iPod speaker did they have and which Target was it available at? Any more left?

[quote name='Rictor']I've been watching the Transformers two-packs for a few weeks now...still 50% ($9.98)...almost all gone now...don't know if they'll hit $4.98 or not.[/quote]

Depends on your location. Most Transformers and Attactix stuff around here is gone, snapped up when it hit 50% off. I never saw the Prime/Megatron set for even $9.98, much less $4.98. That Prime isn't supposed to be so hot, though, so I don't feel too bad.

But I would pay 4.98 for it ;)

Does anyone know if the digital cameras dropped to 75% off this week?

I went to my Target and they cleaned the clearance section up and I couldn't find any clearance cameras at all :(

This isn't clearance per se, but I noticed that my Target had a thing on one of the video game end caps that said their budget games (the games on the end cap that are not clearanced, but are still relatively inexpensive) were 20% off. I didn't really see anything worth getting excited about though. Apologies if this has been mentioned before.

BIG BIG clearance news:

There are HDTVs that have hit 75% off:

I know of this one for sure:

32" TruTech LCD Monitor $200 DCPI# 008091371
Only capable of 1080i and needs an external tuner.

I had been eyeing this one for a while, as a local store had 2 of them, but they dissapered before they hit 75% off...

Good luck in finding either one of these

[quote name='icruise']This isn't clearance per se, but I noticed that my Target had a thing on one of the video game end caps that said their budget games (the games on the end cap that are not clearanced, but are still relatively inexpensive) were 20% off. I didn't really see anything worth getting excited about though. Apologies if this has been mentioned before.[/quote]
I saw it today, too. I scanned a couple of games right around the sign which came up...full price.

Found some Transfomers Movie figures today, and not the protoforms. Bumblebee, Swindle, and Bonecrusher are mine!

Edit: This was at the Target in Costa Mesa, CA, and street date for these guys isn't until June 2., which means I got really lucky because someone screwed up.

[quote name='manthing']BIG BIG clearance news:

I had been eyeing this one for a while, as a local store had 2 of them, but they dissapered before they hit 75% off...

Good luck in finding either one of these[/QUOTE]

I actually picked this up a few weeks ago at the 50% off price (and the manager who recognized me gave me an additional 20% off because it was 'scratched'), and it's a good deal. Only thing is, if I set my 360 to 1080p via Component, the TV says it's running in 1080p mode (not "unsupported" or anything like that), so I'm a bit confused about it. It looks better via VGA anyway though.

[quote name='blandstalker']I saw it today, too. I scanned a couple of games right around the sign which came up...full price. [/QUOTE]
The two I scanned (Ultimate Alliance and Justice League Heroes for PSP) both came up 20% off, but it was 20% off of full price of $39.99. So... Yeah. Still might be something worthwhile in there, though.

[quote name='manthing']BIG BIG clearance news:

Good luck in finding either one of these[/quote]

Hmmm...I'll have to check back on the 52" Panasonic RP LCD TV that's been at $1000 (50%) for awhile now.

Europa Universalis, still 34.98 at most Portland, OR Targets. No luck at all finding any old XboxLive cards.

But in good news, I see they've gotten in a jewel case version of X2: The Threat for cheap. Yay niche-y space shooters!

[quote name='putney']I actually picked this up a few weeks ago at the 50% off price (and the manager who recognized me gave me an additional 20% off because it was 'scratched'), and it's a good deal. Only thing is, if I set my 360 to 1080p via Component, the TV says it's running in 1080p mode (not "unsupported" or anything like that), so I'm a bit confused about it. It looks better via VGA anyway though.[/QUOTE]
How good is the TV? I'm concerned about buying a LCD for gaming.

Saw the 20% thing on budget games at my Target too. It is an automatic deal too (ie, they scan at $16 for $20 games), so should be in force at all Targets even if they don't have the sign up. I got Field Commander for PSP for $16. I'm not sure that's the price I want it at, but with Target's return policy I have 90 days to find it elsewhere (and won't be playing it any time soon anyway).

Just thought I should note that, since in the Play Asia deal thread everyone thinks it is a great deal there at $14.90 + $3 shipping. Well, it's cheaper at Target...

I'm sure there are other hidden deals within those endcap games as I'm sure not all Targets will have all the qualifying games out there (some will still be in the cases).

Edit - Oh, otherwise my Target is completely devoid of any gaming clearance items of any kind (not even PC stuff any more).

[quote name='io']Saw the 20% thing on budget games at my Target too. It is an automatic deal too (ie, they scan at $16 for $20 games), so should be in force at all Targets even if they don't have the sign up. I got Field Commander for PSP for $16. I'm not sure that's the price I want it at, but with Target's return policy I have 90 days to find it elsewhere (and won't be playing it any time soon anyway).

Just thought I should note that, since in the Play Asia deal thread everyone thinks it is a great deal there at $14.90 + $3 shipping. Well, it's cheaper at Target...
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, by about $.90 with tax. But some people have coupons or credit at PA, which makes it possibly the better deal.

I wish we had a complete list of the games that worked.

It's been quite awhile since my Target has had any games on the clearance as well. Last time I checked the clearance section in electronics was packed with crappy iPod accessories, a few open box VCR/DVD combo players, some Vonage telephone sets, and a open box Tivo unit.

[quote name='icruise']Yeah, by about $.90 with tax. But some people have coupons or credit at PA, which makes it possibly the better deal.

I wish we had a complete list of the games that worked.[/QUOTE]

Well, no tax for me ;), and I rounded the PA shipping down too, so $14.90 + $3.10 = $18. I saved $2 getting it at Target + no waiting for a shipment. Of course, like I said, that is still too much. I wanted this game under $10 :lol:.

It's a pretty sad time for the Target Clearance Thread when it's no longer on the first page and the Sears, K-Mart, and Circuit City Clearance threads are more recent.

Well I'm kinda pissed, I was told those digital cameras hit 75% off today so I drove to literally 5 Targets and couldn't find a single one :(

[quote name='snipegod']It's a pretty sad time for the Target Clearance Thread when it's no longer on the first page and the Sears, K-Mart, and Circuit City Clearance threads are more recent.[/QUOTE]
Just wait...Target's clearance seems to run through both good and bad cycles.

[quote name='io']Saw the 20% thing on budget games at my Target too. It is an automatic deal too (ie, they scan at $16 for $20 games), so should be in force at all Targets even if they don't have the sign up.

I'm sure there are other hidden deals within those endcap games as I'm sure not all Targets will have all the qualifying games out there (some will still be in the cases).

I did not see a sign like this at any of four or five targets, but it explains something. None of mine clearanced Full Auto, Burnout Revenge, Kameo (actually one clearanced Kameo), Dead Rising and the other 360 games others did. Every now and then I scan some printed out barcodes just to check and this past weekend I was at one and the barcode for Burnout came up with 23.99. FA and Kameo also scanned 20% off. I didn't have a DR barcode with me. Anyway, it looks like it applies to budget 360 games as well. Is there an active date range printed on the 20% off signs?

Also, NBA2k7 was posted as having a permanent price cut from 39.99 to 19.99

[quote name='jdawgg76']Is there an active date range printed on the 20% off signs?[/quote] Yeah, there is, at least from what I saw tonight at a Target here. I can't remember the exact date range, but it's like from 5/17-5/28 or something. It's in small print at the bottom of the big sign.

I scanned a few DS games like Hotel Dusk, PhoenixW: JFA, and Castlevania: POR (none of these were in the glass case). Tagged $29.99 and rang up $23.99.

Amped 3 also rang up at 23.99. Call me fickle, but i'm waiting until 19.99 or less.

I will jump all the hell over NBA 2K7 if it's actually 19.99 on the 360.

Thanks, I forgot to ask another non-game related question. They have musical books for kids with different characters like Elmo and Dora clearanced in the book section. I got my 2 year old Elmo, but I'd love to pick some more at cheaper prices (they're currently 50% at 8.68). I know that games usually drop on Mondays, but does anyone know when books (they're on an endcap with other books some PC games, VHS tapes and DVDs if that helps) drop as well?

EDIT: I forgot that at another location some were on endcaps in the toy section with other toys so when do toys drop, too?

Also, I definitely saw NBA2k7 at one location at 19.99, but didn't notice at the first location since I wasn't looking for it and they didn't have a price cut sign on it. I remember seeing it because I was extremely tempted. I wonder if it has the 20% discount that is currently being applied to discount games? If so, that will push me into getting it.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Thanks, I forgot to ask another non-game related question. They have musical books for kids with different characters like Elmo and Dora clearanced in the book section. I got my 2 year old Elmo, but I'd love to pick some more at cheaper prices (they're currently 50% at 8.68). I know that games usually drop on Mondays, but does anyone know when books (they're on an endcap with other books some PC games, VHS tapes and DVDs if that helps) drop as well?[/QUOTE]
Honestly, the only books I've seen clearanced out before are the Marvel comic reprints that are usually grouped with toys or video games. Same goes for DVDs.

This is a complete guess, but I'd be inclined to say that they drop on Mondays since they're grouped with other items that do.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Honestly, the only books I've seen clearanced out before are the Marvel comic reprints that are usually grouped with toys or video games. Same goes for DVDs.

This is a complete guess, but I'd be inclined to say that they drop on Mondays since they're grouped with other items that do.[/quote]

Two of the Targets near me routinely have children's books (coloring or activity books, or those noisy ones) on clearance. They're usually in the Electronics section and drop with the Electronics.

Found a D-Link Wireless G notebook adapter for $8.00 after tax. Hopefully works with an old unused laptop I've been wanting to turn into something useful.

The Target in Foley, AL had a Tivo that might or might not be returned for $55 on clearance. I thought about buying it, but then I realized I don't have cable, a phone line, or the internet at my house. It was a good deal, though.

My two-year-old managed to render most of the phones for our current cordless phone/answering machine system inoperable, so I've been in the market for a new one. I saw that Target had two Motorola cordless phone systems (answering machine + 2 handsets) on clearance for $24.96 (originally $99.99). So I bought them both, thinking that I would use the additional phones from the second set with the first, since the system is expandable to up to 4 phones. When I opened it up, they looked unused, but when I hooked up the answering machine I found that there were a bunch of numbers in the phone book and 5 messages still on the machine! I just erased them, but it was funny that the people took the time to immaculately pack the phones up (including putting them in plastic and apparently reattaching the little plastic covers that were on the LCD displays) but didn't think to delete any of that stuff.

Anyway, four 5.8Ghz phones and an answering machine for $50 is a pretty good deal.

I found a Beatmania with turntable controller at my Target today for $23.99. It didnt have a clearance tag, but it just rang up that way. Figured I'd give it a try for that price. Heard it was difficult though.

[quote name='radjago']I found a Trutech 32" LCD, but it was out of the system and they wouldn't go below the $399 it was marked with. It doesn't have a DVI or HDMI, so I didn't think it was worth that.[/quote]

Good Call.......... Maybe for 100 bucks no more

[quote name='radjago']I found a Trutech 32" LCD, but it was out of the system and they wouldn't go below the $399 it was marked with. It doesn't have a DVI or HDMI, so I didn't think it was worth that. Also 25ms is just too slow for gaming. Here's the manual if anyone's interested: http://www.1800customersupport.com/productdocuments/PLV16320_TruTech.pdf[/QUOTE]
Honestly, having picked this TV up for a bit less than that ($320, manager gave me an extra 20% off since it was missing the remote), the 25ms thing is really a nonissue...I've played a lot on it already and really can't notice any blurring or other issues.

Yeah, no HDMI sucks, but the VGA in works fine on the Xbox 360.

Picked up Neverwinter Nights Diamond and the Starcraft battlechest today -- $9.99 each. Awesome deal!

Indeed.

The Target by my house doesn't have anything on clearence - just standard price drops on Battlefield 2142, etc.

[quote name='Apossum']Picked up Neverwinter Nights Diamond and the Starcraft battlechest today -- $9.99 each. Awesome deal![/QUOTE]

Saw both of these at different Targets for $4.98 each. I picked up Starcraft at CC for $7.99 not too long ago.

Did finally score Diablo II and the expansion for $4.98 each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back