Target Clearance Thread: Spring 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDirty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
This is in continuation to the Target Clearance Thread which needed to be closed due to its overwhelming size. Same rules apply (and see the first post of the original for all the detail):

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

Saw the following tonight:

Space Channel 5 (PS2) - $4.98
Psi-Ops (PS2) - $9.98
Silent Hill 4 (PS2) - $20.98

I found these in Omaha NE.

Psi-Ops (PS2) - $9.98
Space Channel 5 (PS2) - $4.98
Catwoman (PS2) - $4.98
fisherman's bass club (PS2) - $4.98
Starsky & Hutch (PS2) - $4.98
MVP Baseball 2004 (PS2) - $9.98
Tiger Woods 2004 (PS2) - $14.98

Target in South Bay rarely clearances, they apparently ship them off before that happens. They literally had shelves of PSI OPS and Space Channel 5 and now they are nowhere to be seen.

No DKonga or FFXIw/hardrive either.

Target in Louisville...Taylorsville Road and Hurstbourne Lane. I saw several games that are normally $29.99 clearanced to $20.98.

I picked up the XBox Live 12 month card for $34.98

Seconded re: XBox Live for $35 -- I was told anything under $42 is a great deal, so if you have an XBox Live player in your life .... Also, PSOne Dual Shocks for $14.

Target in Framingham, MA
NBA Jam (PS2): $10
The Suffering (XB): $14

Target in Danvers, MA
Front Mission 4 (PS2): $10.48

I only bought FM4, which was $11 even after taxes. I found the pricing to be a bit odd.

[quote name='evilmax17']I only bought FM4, which was $11 even after taxes. I found the pricing to be a bit odd.[/quote]

I love it when that happens! :p

I checked a couple Target's today and the clearance prices are YMMV. One store had a lot of stuff pulled and stacked on an endcap where most all of it was marked 50% off. Went to another store about 3 miles away and they had a lot of the same items but only marked 30% off. Usually you can scan them and see if they missed a markdown, but all of the 30% off titles rang up at the marked priced.

Just for clarification,

Psi-Ops for PS2 is clearance
not the Xbox version

Silent Hill 4 for XBOX is clearance
not the PS2 version

Also, the Eye Toy Groove w/ camera and w/ out are both clearance, [ both 20.98 :) ] not any of the other eyetoy software / bundles..

Thanks!!!

Picked up a couple of good games @ Target
Donkey Konga $34.98
Champions of Norath $9.98
Silent Hill 4 (Xbox) $14.98
The Suffering (Xbox) $9.98
Guardian Heroes (GBA) $13.98
Xbox & PS2 Logitech Wireless controller for $39.99

:lol:

I picked up

.hack part 4 14.98
Sony Psone Contoller 13.98

They also had
PS2
Eye Groove with Camera 14.98
PSI-OPS 9.98
Siren 20.98
Tiger 2004 14.98

Xbox
Silent Hill Room $14.98
Manhunt $14.98

GC
Polar Express $13.98
MVP 2004 $14.98

GBA
Sword of Mana $20.98
E-Reader $20.98

Touhy Ave Store Niles, IL

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Argh, I missed work Monday and sure enough this weekend is when a bunch of the video games finally went on clearance. Oh well, I really don't need any new games right now anyway, although I'm always in the market for cheap games. Anyhow the problem with my Target, is #1 most of the clearance games are sports titles from 2004, and #2 my Target usually starts with either a 15 or 30% clearance price, instead of just jumping straight to the 50% clearance like a good Target. The other issue arises when those 50% off games get salvaged before they can make it to 75%. I really can't wait for this Summer, and being back in Metro-Detroit where the stores are a plentiful and I'll be able to get in on all this Summer's game deals.[/quote]

Yeah, I know what you mean. The local Target just dropped the same games (i.e., mostly sports games, but a few others) to about $20.98 and $13.98... as well as a bunch of island blue memory cards ($7.98) and dual shock controllers ($9.98)... oh yeah, and about 20 E-readers for $19.99.

The problem is, as you correctly point out, I don't expect that they will ever make it to the 75% off price. I figure once the $20 games hit about $10.48, they'll be snatched up (even the sports titles, and especially the hockey titles), and I doubt that the Player's Choice games like Star Fox or Star Wars will survive with the $13.98 price tag, even thought that's probably only a price drop of a few dollars.. luckily, certain games like .Hack/Vol 4 are still behind the glass, so they may last long enough to see another drop... I am kinda hoping the PS2 controllers or memory cards will drop to about $3... Game rush gives about $8 per every PS2 memory card, so once the price drops low enough (if it gets there), they will make for good trade-in fodder.

However, I have seen games fall to $2.48 here before, especially if there are several copies...

It just depends on whether or not people are paying attention. I still remember going into the Target here last year, before I owned a PS2. I was walking around the electronics department, and saw an endcap with some junk on it...it turned out that they had TONS of copies of PS2 games...I remember Devil May Cry and Maximo as two of them...and the highest price on any of them was $4.98. Of course I didn't buy them, even though I was tempted...and then when I got a PS2, it took forever before I saw any games last long enough to drop that low again. It's just the way it goes sometimes. There've been several games that I snatched at the $10+ price point just because I knew they wouldn't be there when the next drop came in.

Yeah, I've always been tempted, and it is certainly easy to get spoiled. I do have a feelin the E-readers will last, which seems like a good thing when you factor in the number of E-reader games on sale for next to nothing at TRU... If the E-reader drops to $10 or less, I figure I'll bite, too... now if only they were to drop the price of teh Game Boy Players from $49.99 to $19.99...

I got the PS2 FFXI w/ hdd today for $48.98. There were still 4 left @ Target Warrington, PA. One had the seal broken though, beware! Now I need the Network Adaptors to go clearance, so I can actually install my hdd. Of course they won't, though I think they should since new PS2s come with Network Adaptors. Oh well...

[quote name='grae60']when your target has games on clearance where do they usually put them, right in with the regular games? or off to the side somewhere, ours is pretty new so it probably just doesn't have any clearance games right now,...[/quote]

My best finds are when I have a clerk scan a game that hasn't been pulled yet . . . they get it from the case assuming it is the marked price. Then it rings up $4.98 (if I'm lucky) and their eyes go wide. I've done that about 5 times in the last year.

Otherwise, they put the red tagged stuff on an endcap. But they might also be in the loose game area.

Others have said that they found clearanced games in distant clearance areas . . .

YMMV

Sorry if this has been posted already but the NGC Orange Spice controller is clerance too. I saw it in the Gwinnett, GA store for 14.98

Lauderhill, FL (The SuperTarget on Commercial Blvd./University Dr)

1 remaining Metroid Gamecube Bundle system - $69.98!

I thought about it as a possible replacement if my current Cube craps out down the line, but I left it on the shelf for any CAGs who might be interested. It isn't marked $69 or clearance so it likely won't be picked up any time soon; I took it to a scanner to find the price.

Got today

Catwoman (GC) $1.50
Silent Hill 3 (PS2) $2.50 :shock:

They are no longer in a system. Had to be manualy ajusted.

[quote name='masha']Got today

Catwoman (GC) $1.50

They are no longer in a system. Had to be manualy ajusted.[/quote]

I bought a couple of SH3 for $7.50 (traded 2 of them . . . I got I-Ninja GC for one) . . . was my first CAG score . . . they were just in the store case marked $30.

That was almost a year ago!!!! How could there still be copies out there???

[quote name='schultzed'][quote name='masha']Got today

Catwoman (GC) $1.50

They are no longer in a system. Had to be manualy ajusted.[/quote]

I bought a couple of SH3 for $7.50 (traded 2 of them . . . I got I-Ninja GC for one) . . . was my first CAG score . . . they were just in the store case marked $30.

That was almost a year ago!!!! How could there still be copies out there???[/quote]

That's exectly the price they told me when they scanned it $7.50. "It's on sale for $0" he said, but I can can give it to you for $2.50. On the receipt it says : " 207120415 Sony Value M $2.50"

At the Super Target in Lafayette, IN, I saw a ton of clearance games there. I bought:
-.Hack//Quarantine $14.98 (last copy)
-.Drakengard $14.98
-Space Channel 5 SE $4.98

[quote name='blackandbluehero']Just for clarification,

Psi-Ops for PS2 is clearance
not the Xbox version

Silent Hill 4 for XBOX is clearance
not the PS2 version

Also, the Eye Toy Groove w/ camera and w/ out are both clearance, [ both 20.98 :) ] not any of the other eyetoy software / bundles..

Thanks!!![/quote]

Off-topic, but it's cool to see another CAG from philadelphia. Welcome to the boards. :)

[quote name='birdfart']For those wondering, the electronics section gets clearanced on Mondays [/quote]

Does that mean to show up Monday a.m., Monday p.m. or Tuesday a.m.?

[quote name='kingofny187']did anyone find deals in a target in newyork city area[/quote]

Front Mission 4 (PS2): 9.98
Ty The Tasmanian Tiger (GC): 13.48
Jimmy Neutron (GC) 13.48
Sega Bass Fishing (PS2): 4.98
Starsky & Hutch (PS2): 4.98
Onimusha 2 (PS2): 4.98
The Suffering (XBox/GC): 9.98
Syphon Filter: Omega Strain (PS2): 14.98
Champions of Norath (PS2): $9.98
Advance Guardian Heroes (GBA): 13.48
PSone Madcatz Memory-Pack (2x): 6.98

That's all I can remember off the top of my head. :wink:

[quote name='benboxer']Sorry if this has been posted already but the NGC Orange Spice controller is clerance too. I saw it in the Gwinnett, GA store for 14.98[/quote]

Got the last one at my Target (Benton Harbor, MI) for $9.98 over the weekend. Great deal.

Also picked up Space Channel 5 SE (PS2) and PowerDrome (PS2) for $6.98 each.

-DM

Found these at the Moorestown, NJ Target in the toy section (endcap):

Front Mission 4 (PS2)$7.50
Syphon Filter Omega Strain (PS2) $15
Psi-Ops $10
E-Reader (GBA) $28
Civilization 3 (PC) $14

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']FFXI HD is $50 now at the horse target, if anyone is interest, I believe there were 2 left[/quote]

I'll bite when its less than $35...for no particular reason other than to be picky :)

Oh, and picked up Space Chanel 5 for ps2 for 4.98 at the Troy Target

Visited the Glisan Target. Had old espn football and baseball games for $14. One Civ3 for $27. A single PC Catwoman for $5! They had two Manhunts for $21. The Eye Toy Grooves were $21 as well, and didn't include the damn camera. It was quite crap. But I found a shade rod for $3.50!

[quote name='D. Monic'][quote name='benboxer']Sorry if this has been posted already but the NGC Orange Spice controller is clerance too. I saw it in the Gwinnett, GA store for 14.98[/quote]

Got the last one at my Target (Benton Harbor, MI) for $9.98 over the weekend. Great deal.

Also picked up Space Channel 5 SE (PS2) and PowerDrome (PS2) for $6.98 each.

-DM[/quote]

I'm still upset with myself for passing on that one, waiting until they dropped again... bad horse, bad horse

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='Zenithian Legend']FFXI HD is $50 now at the horse target, if anyone is interest, I believe there were 2 left[/quote]

I'll bite when its less than $35...for no particular reason other than to be picky :)

Oh, and picked up Space Chanel 5 for ps2 for 4.98 at the Troy Target[/quote]

Are you serious? The target by me had like 5-6 FF HDs @ $35

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back