Target Clearance Thread: Spring 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDirty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
This is in continuation to the Target Clearance Thread which needed to be closed due to its overwhelming size. Same rules apply (and see the first post of the original for all the detail):

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

the gates are opeing! Slowly but allmost there!

All 20.98 this week!

Nba live 2004
Siren
Eye toy grove
Catwomen ( found a couple weeks ago for 4.98 now 20???)

gainesville ga store.

Im really mad. They had about 25 copies of front mission 4 Last week. The only game I wanted. Now all are gone!!!

[quote name='oper00'][quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='Zenithian Legend']FFXI HD is $50 now at the horse target, if anyone is interest, I believe there were 2 left[/quote]

I'll bite when its less than $35...for no particular reason other than to be picky :)

Oh, and picked up Space Chanel 5 for ps2 for 4.98 at the Troy Target[/quote]

Are you serious? The target by me had like 5-6 FF HDs @ $35[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check my loacal target for that...

I forgot to come back here...oops. They were at $50. I'll check after work to see if they went down with this round of clearances

Found GBA/E-Reader Combo for 46, But i'll wait till it drops some more. Still waiting on Manhunt and for the PS1 Memory cards to hit rock bottom.

[quote name='seanw'][quote name='birdfart']For those wondering, the electronics section gets clearanced on Mondays [/quote]

Does that mean to show up Monday a.m., Monday p.m. or Tuesday a.m.?[/quote]

I always went to the store in Springfield, MO on my lunch hour on Monday and I would get there when they were putting them on the shelf alot of times. I would say its probably YMMV as to what time each store puts them out.

Two Notch Target in Columbia is finally putting stuff on clearance.

They did have some xbox madcatz controllers (starter pack I think) last week. Still had a $25 red tag on em. Wanted some at a lower price, but somebody grab them already.

Picked up:
The Suffering --- ps2 --- 9.98 (last one)
Fight Night 2004 --- xbox --- 9.98 (last one)

They have:
Eye Toy Groove with camera --- ps2 --- 14.98
Rogue Squadron 2 --- gc --- 14.98
Syphon Filter --- ps2 --- 14.98

Hockey, Kirby, and a couple others I can't remember. Still priced around $15. They also had a couple Psi Ops for 15, but someone grabbed those already.

Also some pc titles:
X2 was 14.98 I think
Catwoman
Microsoft Train Simulator (think that is right?)
C&C: Red Alert 2 --- 7.98

Rock Hill, SC location:

FFXI HD - $60 (possibly $50, I don't remember for sure)
Donkey Konga - $35
Xbox controller starter pack - $25
Silent Hill 4 (Xbox) - $15
Starfox Adventures - $13
Drakengard - $15
FIFA, NBA Live 2004, and a few other sports titles - $15

Raleigh, NC Green Road

Front Mission 4 10.98
Madden 2004 14.98
Psi-Ops 13.98

Xbox Live 12 month cards 27.98 (can't wait for these to drop again, they had like 5 of them)

Might not be that big of a deal

DOT HACK PART 4 20.98

i though they fetched a lot of ebay but looking seems They are starting to fall hard in price

today i picked up the last copy of political machine (pc) for only $2.48! i've been waiting a long time to buy this game. it looks like my patience has paid off :p

i was also going to buy eyetoy:groove w/ camera, but it was already opened and some stuff was missing :(

edit: this was at the fullerton target

[quote name='slidecage']Might not be that big of a deal

DOT HACK PART 4 20.98

i though they fetched a lot of ebay but looking seems They are starting to fall hard in price[/quote]

Glad I sold 2 copies for over $50 each when there was a demand for it.

I know this is off topic to video games, but Target lowered their Global Bazaar clearance to 75% off today (2/24) - a day ahead of what many expected. Things are going fast.

For vid games, my Target is slow to get going on the clearance bandwagon for some reason. The Eye Toy w/ Groove is still full price (I had a friend who works there open up the cabinet and ring it up). Nothing has reached beyond 30% that's still left :\. I kinda want that PSOne bundle to get clearanced off to have that as part of my collection :)

hey zl. My target has about 5 copies of dinkey konga with drums for 30. I'll let you know if they make it to the lower stage. Its still good now they are still behind the glass.

[quote name='Santorum X']Lucked out today and scored the last 12 month XBL card for $24.98 @ the Target in Alderwood Parkway.[/quote]

I am hoping mine goes that cheap. I thought they were 28, but they were 35.

Next price drop, I am snagging one

Damn, Siren is still $20.98 at my Target!

I bought Eyetoy/Groove for $14.98 (last one left)

A good way to check prices is to goto

www.upcdatabase.com

grab a UPC# from half.com and you can enter it to call up a printable UPC symbol . . . pretty cool.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Santorum X']Lucked out today and scored the last 12 month XBL card for $24.98 @ the Target in Alderwood Parkway.[/quote]

Next price drop, I am snagging one[/quote]

The sticker read $34.98, but when I scanned it, it came up $24.98. Regardless, I would have picked it up even it was $34.98.

The Target I work at has not been changing the prices on a lot of clearance, simply because there is so much of it, so it's quite possible that there are many items that are cheaper than indicated. Scanning them a week or two after you first see them, may not be that bad of an idea.

My friend called from work earlier to let me know that they are no longer a day ahead of schedule, so I'll have to wait 'till next week to know if anything drops.

Said that the store has so much stuff red-tagged on clearance that a woman walked up to him to ask him if the store was going out of business...and that she was almost literally in tears! :lol:

[quote name='Santorum X'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Santorum X']Lucked out today and scored the last 12 month XBL card for $24.98 @ the Target in Alderwood Parkway.[/quote]

Next price drop, I am snagging one[/quote]

The sticker read $34.98, but when I scanned it, it came up $24.98. Regardless, I would have picked it up even it was $34.98.[/quote]

if they only had a few I would, but they have like 5. If I end up going out tomorrow, I will scan them to make sure they did not drop.

Thanks for the help

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet (I've been offline for two weeks) but the local Target clearanced out a bunch of WB TV DVD sets this past Monday at 70% off. I picked up:

Samurai Jack Season 1 - $6.24
Jonny Quest Season 1 - $8.74
Tom & Jerry 2-disc collection - $4.98

They also had at least 30 other titles including The Flintstones, Top Cat, Mork and Mindy, Gilligan's Island, and many more.

I went back on Tuesday and nothing but scraps were left.

At the Laguna Hills, Ca. Target, they only had one Red Tag item and it was an indigo Gamecube bundle with Mario Sunshine and a memory card for $83.96.

I couldn't really tell because it was behind glass, but it seemed like it was an open-box item.

Front Mission 4 $9.xx in Twin Cities, Minnesota Target. I still have one brand new sealed copy left from three copies I had - one became a trade here on CAG, one went to a friend.

One more copy left and it's just sitting there, and no I don't want it. I'm a fan of traditional, non-sci-fi mecha, RPG.

For those who are unlucky and don't have clearances near them, I'd be willing to let it go for $11.50 (that includes S&H). PM if interested. PayPal only, it is more secure for you and I.

[quote name='Saurus']Twin Snakes for Gamecube was ringing up at $0.00...whatever that means.[/quote]

That means it is no longer in that store's system as an item in inventory. If you take it to an employee with a price gun, they can tell you the price at which it was last sold, and you will be able to purchase it at that price.

Hey guys

I'm sure this has been answered before but obviously the thread is too big to look for it.

Does Target have a set day that they drop the prices further, or is it random.

Thanks

Just got Breakdown for Xbox for $2.54 (something like 2 copies left) and they had La Pucelle Tactics for like $13 (about 3 copies) or something, that was the only stuff worth getting or even mentioning.

[quote name='Redeema']Just got Breakdown for Xbox for $2.54 (something like 2 copies left) and they had La Pucelle Tactics for like $13 (about 3 copies) or something, that was the only stuff worth getting or even mentioning.[/quote]

damn... i checked last time i heard of a breakdown deal, but there were none, im gonna check again though.

If you buy a game with 0.00 on it with a bunch of other stuff (my parents might buy a bunch of stuff, food, tolitries etc.) mixed in will they not notice and give it to you?

[quote name='thericochet']At the Laguna Hills, Ca. Target, they only had one Red Tag item and it was an indigo Gamecube bundle with Mario Sunshine and a memory card for $83.96.

I couldn't really tell because it was behind glass, but it seemed like it was an open-box item.[/quote]

Target does not do open-box discounts. The mario sunshine bundle is normal clearance, I think because it was a limited time thing. Also platinum cube w/ metroid box and 'echoes' demo is clearance too, if you can still find one of those.

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='oper00'][quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='Zenithian Legend']FFXI HD is $50 now at the horse target, if anyone is interest, I believe there were 2 left[/quote]

I'll bite when its less than $35...for no particular reason other than to be picky :)

Oh, and picked up Space Chanel 5 for ps2 for 4.98 at the Troy Target[/quote]

Are you serious? The target by me had like 5-6 FF HDs @ $35[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check my loacal target for that...

I forgot to come back here...oops. They were at $50. I'll check after work to see if they went down with this round of clearances[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that the FFXII w. HDD is going to go $0.00, or be sent back instead of taking any markdown after 50% off ($48.98). In the next week or so depending on the store's schedule. any ques, pm me

[quote name='blackandbluehero'][quote name='thericochet']At the Laguna Hills, Ca. Target, they only had one Red Tag item and it was an indigo Gamecube bundle with Mario Sunshine and a memory card for $83.96.

I couldn't really tell because it was behind glass, but it seemed like it was an open-box item.[/quote]

Target does not do open-box discounts...[/quote]

Since when? I have seen plenty of open-box (mainly customer returns) at Target. Usually the discount isn't good enough to make it worth the purchase, though.

I don't have time right now to check if this is a repost, but the Super Target in Pearland, Texas off 288 had Xbox Live 12-month cards with the head set bag on clearance for $24.98 today. There were about 5 or 6 left on the end of the game isle. Seems like a good deal for xbox live...a little over $2 a month.

[quote name='Yeahman']Hey guys

I'm sure this has been answered before but obviously the thread is too big to look for it.

Does Target have a set day that they drop the prices further, or is it random.

Thanks[/quote]

I remember seeing a thread over on FW about this. In fact, here's the info:

------- Mark Down Schedule -------
-Mon. -- Electronics, Kids Clothing and Stationary (Cards, GiftWrap, etc.)
-Tues. -- Domestics, Women's Clothing, Pets and Market (food items)
-Wed. -- Men's Clothing, Toys, Health and Beauty, Lawn & Garden items
-Thur. -- House Wares, Lingerie, Shoes, Sporting Goods, Movies, Music, Books, Decor and Luggage
-Fri. -- Auto, Cosmetics, Hardware, & Jewelry
Important Note: This is not an ABSOLUTE list.
That is to say that not ALL Target stores follow this mark down schedule.

So I guess going on Monday nights would be your best bet. Of course, it's YMMV.

I think you're failing to grasp the concept behind "clearance merchandise" nothing that was recently released goes on sale. The clearance games are those that Target feels no one will buy unless they are clearanced. The only semi-new clearance games are sports titles from the previous season.

Anywho, anyone else find La Pucelle for that $10 price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back