Target Clearance Thread: Spring 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDirty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
This is in continuation to the Target Clearance Thread which needed to be closed due to its overwhelming size. Same rules apply (and see the first post of the original for all the detail):

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

link to it @ target.com

I saw these in my local store the other day, they have about 10 of them: Audiovox 600w 5-DVD Home Theater System - STS1188

$179.99 clearanced to $149.xx

I looked online but can't find a review anywhere.......... I'm in the market for a surround sound system and a dvd player so this might be a good low price combo. Or it might be crap........... :wink: I'm waiting for the price to drop more then i'll be a tester for yall.

there was eyetoy: groove (game only) 7.48
nhl 2004 7.48
fifa 2004 20.98
and eyetoy: groove with camera 7.48

i grabbed the last eyetoy combo

Target in Brown Deer, WI, my friend snagged a Donkey Konga with Bongos for $12.48. We've been playing it all night. Good use of $13!

daroga

I checked a couple of local Targets (one in Clovis and one in Fresno) and there was next to nothing available. NBA Live 2004 for XBox ($7.48) & Syphon Filter: Omega Strain ($7.48). Picked up Syphon Filter for future Gamerush considerations :)

[quote name='evilmax17']Is Psi-Ops (XB) on clearence? Or just PS2?[/quote]

It's just the PS2 version, the Xbox one is still $19.99.

On another note, my Targets have really improved the returns area. In the last couple of days I've been able to return Suffering at $13.98, Xbox Live 12 month card at $34.98, and Psi Ops PS2 at $9.98, and they have all been put back on the shelf within a day, at reduced prices, Suffering $4.98, Xbox Live $12.48, Psi Ops $4.98 in fact Psi Ops I returned Sunday morning and it was back on the shelf that night. I used to remember that Target was really bad at putting back returned merchandise in a timely manner.

At mount vernon
e-reader $9.98 (1 left) and Siren $7.48 (last one)
BTW does anyone know if the e-reader works with the gameboy sp? The packaging says gameboy advance... Please help !!!

[quote name='BABETOOTH']At mount vernon
BTW does anyone know if the e-reader works with the gameboy sp? The packaging says gameboy advance... Please help !!![/quote]

it does, but a metal clip covers some of the face of the SP.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='BABETOOTH']At mount vernon
BTW does anyone know if the e-reader works with the gameboy sp? The packaging says gameboy advance... Please help !!![/quote]

it does, but a metal clip covers some of the face of the SP.[/quote]

Thank you Casey !!! I guess its safe to open now !!! I am giving it to my son for easter...

[quote name='mcgavin27']there was eyetoy: groove (game only) 7.48
nhl 2004 7.48
fifa 2004 20.98

i grabbed the last eyetoy combo[/quote]

Are you sure about the Eye toy 'with" camera? I saw it in New York for $7.48 as well "without" the camera. If thats the case thats a great deal!!!

:( no Sword of Mana.

Danvers, MA:
Nada, nothing. They don't have a clearance section anymore, only a PC/GH/PH section. Nothing I was looking for though.

Saugus, MA:
.hack 4 Quarantine (PS2) - 7.48
Advance Guardian Heroes (GBA) - 4.98

I got the last .hack (it was hidden behind a pile of games), but there were about 5 Guardian Heroes left.

I would really like to get guardian heroes for that price.. any gracious CAG's willing to get me one? My Target doesn't even have that game in stock..

[quote name='Joe Fongul']I checked a couple of local Targets (one in Clovis and one in Fresno) and there was next to nothing available. NBA Live 2004 for XBox ($7.48) & Syphon Filter: Omega Strain ($7.48). Picked up Syphon Filter for future Gamerush considerations :)[/quote]
Just FYI, It fetches $3.00 at GR. U gotta be quick to take the avdvantage of the extra $5 deal. :D

[quote name='BABETOOTH'][quote name='mcgavin27']there was eyetoy: groove (game only) 7.48
nhl 2004 7.48
fifa 2004 20.98

i grabbed the last eyetoy combo[/quote]

Are you sure about the Eye toy 'with" camera? I saw it in New York for $7.48 as well "without" the camera. If thats the case thats a great deal!!![/quote]
it did, if i can get my camera working i could put a picture of eyetoy groove with camera, as said i bought it, it came in the big box, and when i opened it, it had the eyetoy and a sealed copy of eyetoy groove.

Mall 205 Target in Portland, OR barely has video game stuff on stock. I couldn't find it most of the time! But Sunday night I went and picked up:

E-Reader: $9.98 (last one)
Athens 2004: $7.48 or something (one more)

Mostly they have a TON of PC games out in the books and DVD sections. Like Neverwinter Nights expansion, one Myst 4 (still $27), Lineage 2, and so on. The video game stuff has been hard to find because it's in a whole other place! Past the video game section and into the camera section. A bunch of CD players were ransacked with the games.

[quote name='sarkenobi']Mall 205 Target in Portland, OR barely has video game stuff on stock. I couldn't find it most of the time! But Sunday night I went and picked up:

E-Reader: $9.98 (last one)
Athens 2004: $7.48 or something (one more)

Mostly they have a TON of PC games out in the books and DVD sections. Like Neverwinter Nights expansion, one Myst 4 (still $27), Lineage 2, and so on. The video game stuff has been hard to find because it's in a whole other place! Past the video game section and into the camera section. A bunch of CD players were ransacked with the games.[/quote]

I got a copy of NHL 2005 for Gamecube on clearance from that store for $7.48 last week. Yes, that is 2005, not 2004. I was a bit shocked to see that. I also picked up an ereader there. They also had $3 shredders in the clearance section (a huge stack - I'm sure they are still there). Had to get me one of those. I haven't seen those at any other Targets.

Today in Wilsonville, OR I got Test Drive PS2 for $4.24 (marked $8.48).
They still haven't reduced the price on their 50 copies of NBA Live 2004 though - still $7.48 and they aren't moving at that price!

To those who picked up a cheap e-reader and are looking cards to use on it . . . I have an extra set of Mario Party e-reader cards (from Kmart, new/sealed). . . look at Amazon for info on it:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...6942-8077467?v=glance&s=toys&m=A3UN6WX5RRO2AG

I can include a sealed set of Donkey Kong cards (original game)

Looking to trade for a GBA game (cart only is fine)

PM me I can add something to the trade as well.

Lots of E-reader's here still at $9.99.. I think they might make it to $7.48 or less by this weekend.

Also, just noticed that Halo(pc) was not in the system (I was scanning it to see if it was still $14.99 as in a recent ad)... I have a feeling it'll be one of the next markdown games..

You guys are lucky. My target never clearances electronics more than 30%.

When your Targets clearance a game that they have 50 of, do they put them all on an endcap, or do they just change the price in the Display Cabinet?

Also, my son has a Gameboy SP, but what is a e-reader for? Is it something I should be looking for?

[quote name='hotwls13']You guys are lucky. My target never clearances electronics more than 30%.

When your Targets clearance a game that they have 50 of, do they put them all on an endcap, or do they just change the price in the Display Cabinet?

Also, my son has a Gameboy SP, but what is a e-reader for? Is it something I should be looking for?[/quote]

its a card reader that allows you to play some old NES games, and it alllows you to add some things to Animal Crossing

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='hotwls13']You guys are lucky. My target never clearances electronics more than 30%.

Also, my son has a Gameboy SP, but what is a e-reader for? Is it something I should be looking for?[/quote]

its a card reader that allows you to play some old NES games, and it alllows you to add some things to Animal Crossing[/quote]

It also reads some info of some certain Pokemon cards.

Also, they way the clearanced stuff is displayed depends on store. For example, one store puts the clearanced games right in with the $20 or less games, while other leave select one in the glass case and put some on a back end-cap while other only put them on that back end-cap.

Could someone pickup an E-reader that's been marked down to $10 because none of the target's near me have them. I'll send a payment of $15 or $20 to get a new one. Thanks.

[quote name='Wshakspear']It also reads some info of some certain Pokemon cards.

Also, they way the clearanced stuff is displayed depends on store. For example, one store puts the clearanced games right in with the $20 or less games, while other leave select one in the glass case and put some on a back end-cap while other only put them on that back end-cap.[/QUOTE]

my target throws them in with the 20 dollar games...but none of them are marked down

like yesterday i went and found kof:mi ps2 and samarai warriors xbox thrown in there...one copy each...and i took it to the electronics counter and both rang up at 39.99....some sale :(

My Targets puts the games in all 3 sections or a combo of the 2. Right now the Alhambra, ca one has Tiger Woods 2004 at the end cap and behind the display case for $7.48.

Here's a nice one:
The Suffering for PS2 is $2.54 at the Charlotte University Target off 49. There's a big pile of them (probably 6 or 7) on the back end cap of the normal game enclosure. Only took 1.

[quote name='CokeCola']Here's a nice one:
The Suffering for PS2 is $2.54 at the Charlotte University Target off 49. There's a big pile of them (probably 6 or 7) on the back end cap of the normal game enclosure. Only took 1.[/QUOTE]

Wow! I have to check out my Target!

my target sucks ass. they have everything normal priced. no bargin bin crap. everything would be cheaper online. damn my target

[quote name='Redeema']did the clearance section disappear for anyone else here? at the Target I've been hitting up it's gone. Sucks to be me.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen a console game on clearance on two weeks. There's a bunch of crappy Pc games no one wants, but that's it. I'm almost to the point of jonesing for a clearance console game here...

In the toy department, I found the game-in-the-joystick version of Tetris for $13, and picked one up for my mom. Likewise, if you need a Mega Man blaster arm cannon toy, my Target was clearancing them for $5.

Eye Toy Groove, just game is still holding at $7.48, I was hoping it would possible be down to $3.74 by now (even though I know most stuff doesn't go past 75%) off.

Not game related but Easter stuff is 75% off today (computerized markdown so it's not YMMV like other clearance stuff), lots of cheap candy.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Saw American McGee's Scrapland (for PC) for $7.48 today.[/QUOTE]

there are a couple of cheap PC games up at Target. I can't wait for target to sell them to Goodwill so I can pick them up cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back