Target Clearance Thread: Spring 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDirty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
This is in continuation to the Target Clearance Thread which needed to be closed due to its overwhelming size. Same rules apply (and see the first post of the original for all the detail):

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

Arlington, TX Store:

They still had about 5 Activision Anthology for 4.99 (PS2)

Frustratingly though they also had Pacman World 2/ Pac Man Vs, but it rang up 19.99. I bought it because I'm hoping I can find a store that does have it priced at that and I can sneak a PA.

If anyone in the DFW area finds a store selling at 9.99 let me know.

Arlington also had DMC 2, and Pitfall (PS2) in the case but I didn't do a price check.

OK... I've lurked here awhile, so here's post #1:

Target on Colonial in Memphis, TN

Lots of copies of Mobile Light Force 2 (PS2) for $6.48.
Lots of copies of Activision Anthology (PS2) for $4.98.
2 copies of Pitfall: The Lost Expedition (PS2) for $13.98.
A couple of copies of Dead to Rights (PS2) for 9.98.

I didn't buy any because I already have MLF2 and AA and I have Dead to Rights on XBox. Almost picked up Pitfall, but passed... it did have a 72% average on GameRankings so maybe it isn't too bad.

Target Hickory Hill in Memphis, TN:

Everquest: Evolution PC (Everquest plus the first 5 expansion packs):Marked at 13.98 but scanned at 9.98. 2 copies left.
A few copies of Hitman (PC) for 4.98.

I haven't seen much lately at any Target around here.

[quote name='GarrettJD']I didn't buy any because I already have MLF2 and AA and I have Dead to Rights on XBox. Almost picked up Pitfall, but passed... it did have a 72% average on GameRankings so maybe it isn't too bad.
[/quote]

I was going to point out how you stated you didn't pick up pitfall because it was supposed to suck, but you have Mobile Light Force 2 (which is supposed to suck more), but you edited your post before mine came up. I picked up Pitfall (PS2) last night at Rivergate (Nashville, TN) Target for $10 ($9 something). It was stacked at the counter with 3 other clearance games, which made me think it might belong to another shopper, but I asked the only guy around, and it wasn't his. After waiting a few more minutes for someone to claim it, I assumed an employee put it there and it was fair game.

Mine never seems to have good deals anymore, I picked up the Karaoke Revolution for 30 though

I still try to price check the games... just in case

MLF 2 does not suck. It has a horrible cover and name, but it's a good game. It's reallly a japanese shmup called Castle of Shikagami (I think that's the right one). It's worth the money.

[quote name='Freshwillis']MLF 2 does not suck. It has a horrible cover and name, but it's a good game. It's reallly a japanese shmup called Castle of Shikagami (I think that's the right one). It's worth the money.[/quote]

And isn't the first one really Gunbird?

[quote name='Gojtron'][quote name='Freshwillis']MLF 2 does not suck. It has a horrible cover and name, but it's a good game. It's reallly a japanese shmup called Castle of Shikagami (I think that's the right one). It's worth the money.[/quote]

And isn't the first one really Gunbird?[/quote]

yes

I picked up Destruction Derby Arenas at a Target in Edmond, OK yesterday for $9.98. I know its not supposed to be very good at all, but I loved the first two games on the PS1 so much that I had to try it at that price. Also, the guy who said MLF2 sucks is horribly wrong. It's a rather good shooter actually.

-Jayhawks88

Went to my Target in New Jersey (near Philly), and all those 2004 sports games are still ringing up at $29.99. Must not have gone clearance yet in my area. Bummer.

nothing good just MLF 2 and the same copy of conflict desert storm they haven't marked yet.

they had some old games like tribes arial assault for 10 bucks.

they had a ps2 legacy of kain for 10 bucks clearace

[quote name='"Zenithian Legend"']Did/can anyone pick up an extra copy of NHL 2004 for GC?[/quote]

I have a copy that I played literally one time. Willing to trade/sell at cost + shipping. PM me.

I stopped by two different Targets while seeking out TRU deals today.

At the Warner Robins, GA target I bought:

Mobile Light Force 2 (PS2) -- $3.24 (last copy)

The Macon, GA store had:

Mega Man X7 (PS2) $14.98 (x1)
Pokemon Channel (NGC) $20.xx (x2)
Hulk (PS2) $14.98 (x2)
Activision Anthology (PS2) $4.98 (x10 or so)

Well I was Target today and I saw that FF X-2 was only $30. So I decided to buy it and when the guy scanned it, it turned out to be on sale for $14.98.

So at least at my target (in San Mateo, Ca) FF X-2 is on sale. The total with tax came to be $16.11

[quote name='hoshi'][quote name='pimp tyranny']Legacy of Kain: Defiance (PS2) for $9.98 at the Target on Harbison near Columbiana Mall, Columbia, SC.[/quote]

Dammit, I'm competing with you now for cheap games?! :) (I live 5 minutes from Columbiana Mall.)

-Hoshi[/quote]

Kinda of figured more CAG's were around. Looking for anything during the CC sale was tough. :) Never make many trips to that area anyways. I'll let ya know if the Two Notch Target has anything tomorrow.

[quote name='Dogpatch']
Kinda of figured more CAG's were around. Looking for anything during the CC sale was tough. :) Never make many trips to that area anyways. I'll let ya know if the Two Notch Target has anything tomorrow.[/quote]

Are you closer to the Two Notch stores than the Columbiana ones? I get tired of wasting gas driving out there every other week, sort of.

That whole Harbison pocket sees too much business to stay on top of cheap games, now. The CC deal was cleaned out the night it broke. I went in two days later after games I knew no one would want (like Disaster Report and Crimson Sea). Still came out that with six games or so, though.

-Hoshi

Last Sunday I bought Space Channel 5 (PS2) for $10 no tax in Mass. Is this a good price for this game? is it worth $10. Could I have found itsomewhere for less? Please advise...

I have part 1 on DC, if you like music games it's worth $10. It's more of a timing game like Parappa than a game like DDR but it's fun.

[quote name='masha'][quote name='BABETOOTH']Last Sunday I bought Space Channel 5 (PS2) for $10 no tax in Mass. Is this a good price for this game? is it worth $10. Could I have found itsomewhere for less? Please advise...[/quote]
It's $15 on EB
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/234037.asp?site=GSBUY

I returned mine . It will drop to 5, then I'll think about it. Anybody played it ?[/quote]

Been posted a couple times, it's the regular price for it.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I have part 1 on DC, if you like music games it's worth $10. It's more of a timing game like Parappa than a game like DDR but it's fun.[/quote]

Thanks for your input. I hid it in a vase. 4 month later it will drop to a DOLLa. :D .

[quote name='sevdustflyer']got prince of persia gba today rang up at 0.00 he sold it to me for 5 dollars and pocketed the money!?[/quote]
Yep! I got mine for 2.54 +tax it has a red sticker with price on it .

anybody wanna trade it? :D

At the Jantzen Beach store in Portland, OR:

Mobile Light Force 2 (PS2) - $6.48 - 3 copies
Robotech Battlecry (PS2) - $8.48 - 2 copies

These were spotted on an endcap in the books section.

i have to have the japanese versions of sega games. i think the only games they leave alone are the fighting games -- actually they've always been badly dubbed "i'm faster than lightning!", but that's par for them
btw, has it been mentioned that ubisoft has a doublepack of pop/splinter cell for $19.99? mentioning it just in case

----At the Jantzen Beach store in Portland, OR:

----Mobile Light Force 2 (PS2) - $6.48 - 3 copies
----Robotech Battlecry (PS2) - $8.48 - 2 copies

---These were spotted on an endcap in the books section.

Same Location on Monday, did not see Mobile Light Force at all (same endcap), I would double check that Robotech, it was scanning at 5.24 (and the were some in the bargin games area around from the the glass case.

so um..

Jantzen Beach
3-6 total Robotech Battlecry (PS2) - 5.24

Here's a Target tip:

I had bought SSX3 (xbox) for $10 on clearance . . . I saw here that it then dropped to $5 . . . damn it!

I still had it sealed (like half of my CC games). So I tried to get a price adjustment . . . I know they won't generally do that, so I removed the red price tag thinking it might confuse the clerk. It was a young guy at returns and he said they can't adjust . . . I had him return it. Then asked if I could rebuy it . . . he wouldn't let me (store policy). I saw him toss it in the return bin and left.

I returned the next day and the game was in the loose game section (greatest hits area) with no red tag! It was now $5 in the system so I rebought it.

If I had left the red tag on . . . they would have put it in clearance and it probably wouldn't have been there when I got there.

This might be worth a try for others doing returns.

[quote name='schultzed']Here's a Target tip:

I had bought SSX3 (xbox) for $10 on clearance . . . I saw here that it then dropped to $5 . . . damn it!

I still had it sealed (like half of my CC games). So I tried to get a price adjustment . . . I know they won't generally do that, so I removed the red price tag thinking it might confuse the clerk. It was a young guy at returns and he said they can't adjust . . . I had him return it. Then asked if I could rebuy it . . . he wouldn't let me (store policy). I saw him toss it in the return bin and left.

I returned the next day and the game was in the loose game section (greatest hits area) with no red tag! It was now $5 in the system so I rebought it.

If I had left the red tag on . . . they would have put it in clearance and it probably wouldn't have been there when I got there.

This might be worth a try for others doing returns.[/quote]

Is it really worth that kind of trouble over $5? What if you didn't get the game?

[quote name='Indiana']

Is it really worth that kind of trouble over $5? What if you didn't get the game?[/quote]

Yeah, I'm so cheapass sometimes that I scare myself.

There is some weird bug in me that can't stand having paid more for something than I could have.

As for losing the game . . . I have so many unplayed games . . . I've clearly (like many others on CAG) crossed over into an area where SOMETIMES the games matter less than the deals themselves . . . very sick!

Maybe Prozac or booze could help me :whistle2:k

I have crossed into that area too, I have so many unopened games I have actually built up an immunity to the cheap ass deal. I went to TRU and didn't buy anything!

[quote name='hoshi'][quote name='Dogpatch']
Kinda of figured more CAG's were around. Looking for anything during the CC sale was tough. :) Never make many trips to that area anyways. I'll let ya know if the Two Notch Target has anything tomorrow.[/quote]

Are you closer to the Two Notch stores than the Columbiana ones? I get tired of wasting gas driving out there every other week, sort of.

That whole Harbison pocket sees too much business to stay on top of cheap games, now. The CC deal was cleaned out the night it broke. I went in two days later after games I knew no one would want (like Disaster Report and Crimson Sea). Still came out that with six games or so, though.

-Hoshi[/quote]

Sorry for the delay. Forgot I posted here. :)

Actually I live near Lake Wateree so the Two Notch store is alot closer. Found out about the CC sale July 4 (very late I might add) and I think the sale broke out the day before. Hit up CC first thing that monday morning.
Picked up 18 titles overall but nothing really big.

Did not have the chance to hit up Target the other day. Probably hit them up Sunday.

Actually got to stop by Target today. Saw very few clearance items and nothing to get excited about. They did have one copy of Devil May Cry 2 for 9.98 next to some portable cd players they were clearing out. I hate when they scatter items all over the place.

I did not pick up DMC 2 either so its up for grabs.

******* Stopped by CC next door (Two Notch) they have Eternal Darkness (GC) for 10 bucks. Very good deal.

At Target In Willoughby, OH

Not much on clearance at all. Spy Hunter 2 rung up for $4.98 so I bought it. There was a Spy Hunter 1, but I think someone bought it. Also, it's not on clearance, but Max Payne 2 is $16.88 (on sale). Everyone here should buy it because its an incredibly fun game

Just pickup 3 games today for $17 after taxes

.KillSwitch PS2 $7.48 but bring up $6.XX
Pitfall PS2 $4.48
Mobile Light Force 2 PS2 $3.48

At the target in Jensen Beach, Fl. near the mall, i picked up tony hawk 2x for 4.98, and baldurs gate: DA for 4.94, thanx for the great deals cag!

electronics in general is just sparse right now, that's all (ime)
i looked around and found a copy of golden sun: lost age for $4.98 -- came up not on file, just like with the copy of lotr

"KillSwitch PS2 $7.48 but bring up $6.XX
Pitfall PS2 $4.48
Mobile Light Force 2 PS2 $3.48"
nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back