Target Clearance Thread: Spring 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDirty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
This is in continuation to the Target Clearance Thread which needed to be closed due to its overwhelming size. Same rules apply (and see the first post of the original for all the detail):

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

Dang! Saw Pitfall PS2 in the case at my Target . . .

Had a clerk scan it hoping for $4.48 . . . but it came up $9.98.

I passed on it and they'll probably put them out for clearance and get snapped up.

:D :D :D I went to Target yesterday i bought GTA 3 and 4 pack for $26.99. I also got final fantasy X-2 for $16.99.There was also Max Payene $16.99 or$ 19.99. :D :D :D

Target in South Bay Mall (Boston MA) has a small shelf of $9.99 games.

Onimusha 2 (tons of copies)
Celebrity Deathmatch (XBOX PS2)
IRHA Drag Racing (or something)
Straksy and Hutch
Hunter Waywared Redeemer
Can't remember the rest, nothing great outside of Onimusha 2.

I tire and go sleept now

Picked up today in Long Beach, Ca:

Conflict Desert Storm PH 4.98
Mobile Light Force 2 3.24
Amped 2 7.48 (no longer in the system)

Not a clearance, but what a find! Backyard Baseball GBA 19.99. Also got the Unicron Transformer it was marked down to 9.98.

Recently picked up:

Mobile Light Force 2 - $3.48
State of Emergency - $4.28
Robotech: Battlecry - $4.28
Tekken Tag Tournament - $4.28

All for PS2.

"but it came up $9.98."
scanned today - $13.98 hey hey
got mobile light force for $3.48 though, thanks to peeps posting the update!

No offense, but Robotech isn't worth $4.28. And though I might get angry stares for saying this ... State of Emergency and Tekken Tag aren't worth those prices, either

[quote name='romeogbs19']No offense, but Robotech isn't worth $4.28. And though I might get angry stares for saying this ... State of Emergency and Tekken Tag aren't worth those prices, either [/quote]

We all gotta play the games we like. I say for $4, almost anything is worth a spin.

[quote name='booo']why ttt not worth it? i paid $8.48 for it *although planning to return*
plenty of characters[/quote]

Tekken Tag Tournament is definitely worth it.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']is anyone else surprised to see a Target still carrying State of Emergency? I havent seen one of those at any Target..ever.[/quote]

I bought it at Target when it came out (combination of a $5 off coupon and sale price) for $35 . . . it was fun for a few weeks.

But its weird how some things turn up here or there . . . like REZ at TRU . . . why didn't mine have it :lol:

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']is it just me or has target stopped putting GC games on clearance?[/quote]

I haven't seen anything since I-ninja a month or more ago... GC lovers always seem to get the short end of the stick when it comes to clearances/sales...

yes that's true... but the keyword there is possible... I missed out on the best goodies, although I really can't complain about my take.

But when's the last time u saw a decent GC sale/raincheck oppertunity at target? They have X-Box and PS2 games 30-40 percent off on a semi-regular basis... and the last good clearance deal (I-Ninja wasn't far off retail) I found at target was Splinter Cell for like 12 bucks 6 months ago... oh well, hopefully the holidays will cause an influx of cube love as old titles get pushed out.

I am not going through this whole thing to see if its been posted.. but I picked up Devil May Cry 2 for $9.98 at my local Target today. It was off in a clearance bin with some PC games and some crap PS1 games.

I took home a good haul from target today. Got DMC 2 for $10, Tomb Raider (ps2) for $5, and Mobile Light Force for $3.50. I've been waiting for DMC 2 to drop and got the other 2 for trading into gamerush (so far have halo 2 and MGS3 pre-ordered with coupons, now i'm going for donkey konga!!).

Midland, Tx

Xbox - Amped 2 ...$14.98
PS2- La Pucelle.....$19.98( not sure if discounted)
PC- Star Wars Knights 1....$7.78

[quote name='muncle']Midland, Tx

Xbox - Amped 2 ...$14.98
PS2- La Pucelle.....$19.98( not sure if discounted)
PC- Star Wars Knights 1....$7.78[/quote]

Is that Kights of the Old Republic for 7.78?

Just got back from Target in Henrietta NY

Castlevania LOI 9.98 - 3-4 left
Virtua Fighter 4 EVO 9.98 - 5-6 left
bunch of sports games in the clearance, didn't note price.. among these was ESPN NBA

[quote name='roguejedi5']More copies of baldur's gate(GH) here in L.A., CA, but $6.94 and a few copies of Activision Anthology for $9.94[/quote]

Which Los Angeles Target

tons of junk today

i saw starsky and hutch and conflict desert storm go back up to 10 bucks. but

MLF 2 1.67
a ton of games went to clearance like castlaviana lom for 10 bucks
DEad aim for 15
and basically everything else already mentioned bv other posters. can't remember all

plus one copy of Boktai for 5 bucks ]

allen, tx

Super Target in Cordova, TN

Castlevania LOI PS2, XII PS2, Defender PS2 Max Payne GH PS2- 9.98 each
Backyard Wrestling PS2, Resident Evil Dead Aim PS2- 14.98 each

Saw lots of clearanced PC games, but I don't remember any of them.

Picked up a copy of Castlevania, and that's it.

Target Hickory Hill in Memphis, TN-

Nothing :(

I have 2 more Targets to hit :)

All targets have some clearance games you're just not looking in the right places. There's clearance end caps, and that's usually where the games are. By the by, how about some GC games go on clearance soon, eh?

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']All targets have some clearance games you're just not looking in the right places. There's clearance end caps, and that's usually where the games are. By the by, how about some GC games go on clearance soon, eh?[/quote]

Yeah, they just put PH or GH titles on those at mine.

[quote name='AzianAsspicker']Are the onimusha 2's that you people find GH or the original version? If you do find it how much?[/quote]

the ones I found were the original Onimusha 2.... no GH......

they still had about 4 or so at the target in Huntington Beach, CA. They weren't marked, I ran them over to a price checker to find out they were clearanced.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Well your target sucks then, you can go to the front desk and tell them I said that too if you like.[/quote]

Somehow, I know.

I'm trying to get my friend that works there to get me rainchecks but she doesn't want to. I've never tried to do a raincheck thing.

[quote name='Scorch']I don't think my Target even clearances games...[/quote]
In my experience, the clearance endcaps are always in the very back of the electronics section, or maybe even the next section over - I've seen games and blank VHS tapes tossed onto shelves next to Health and Beauty, and once next to the power tools. You've just got to look around for the shelves of items that look old or have been opened, all crammed together.

[quote name='GarrettJD']Targets in Memphis, blah blah[/quote]
Heheh. Don't bother with the Target at Wolfchase; I got the last copy of Castlevania: LOI for 9.98, and all they had left were two or three copies of Resident Evil: Dead Aim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back