Target Clearance Thread: Spring 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDirty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
This is in continuation to the Target Clearance Thread which needed to be closed due to its overwhelming size. Same rules apply (and see the first post of the original for all the detail):

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

Hickory Hollow, Nashville, TN:

Maximum Chase (Xbox) $4.98
Spy Hunter (Xbox, PH) $4.98

I'm pretty sure both of the above were the last copies, as they were not in the system, I had to get an employee to check with a hand scanner, and I bought them both.

Hot Shots 3 (PS2, GH) $4.98, a few left
VF4 EVO (PS2, GH) $4.98, maybe one left
RE: Dead Aim (PS2) $7.48, 5-10 left
Wallace and Gromit in Project Zoo (PS2) $7.48, a few left
Jampack Winter 2003 (PS2) $1.48, 5-10 left

All of these had clearance stickers, but they were all marked double what they scanned at (e.g. RE: Dead Aim was marked $14.98 ), so I think the prices just went down today.

[quote name='sarkenobi']Visited a Target today and remembered this thread. Either I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for, or that my Target doesn't have any clearance games out.

Portland, OR
Glisan & 122nd

Maybe I'll have better luck at the Target that is closer to my house at Mall 205, or follow the lead of two other Portland CAGers and see Jantzen Beach when I go out to TRU to pick up my Fable next week.[/quote]

Hey, another Portland CAG! Now I have someone to blame when I don't find anything at TRU! :lol: j/k

I used to check the Mall 205 and Clackamas Promenade locations every now and then - those are the two closest to where I live (near 82'nd and Powell). I didn't find much there most of the time, but sometimes I'd come across some decent stuff. Just don't get discouraged and keep looking, because you never know. I haven't been out to either for a while - other things have kept me at bay. Long story.

Oh, and have you ever been to CD/Game Exchange? Great place to find stuff. I've spent way too much money there. :lol: If you haven't heard of the place, I'll give you some info.

Oh, and PM sent regarding Livejournal.

"totally. I've had quite a bit of fun with that one. Certainly worth $5."
thanks for the feedback! much appreciated!

Nothing at the Raleigh Targets aside from VF4:EVo for 10.

The one on the corner of Glenwood and Lynn is primed for a clearance. Almost every game they have behind the glass has already been clearanced at other Targets

Vallejo CA Target has the Winter 2003 jampacks down to 2.98 today. Still a stack. Only other item I saw was
MX Motortrax (I think that was how it was named), marked at 20.98 but scanned at 14.98. It is actually located on the interior-facing clearance endcap in the Household section. Sitting in some basket at the moment. Is this game any good?

equest: Onimusha 2 for $10 is not a clearance, I believe. There is a rack of titles that are all marked at $10 collectively at my Target. Onimusha 2, Smuggler's Run, some racing game with an acronym, Corvette, Starsky and Hutch, some others.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Why Target only wants to clear out ps2 games still is beyond me...[/quote]

At one time last spring, it seemed like all the Portland area Targets wanted to clear out were XBox games.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Nothing at the Raleigh Targets aside from VF4:EVo for 10.

The one on the corner of Glenwood and Lynn is primed for a clearance. Almost every game they have behind the glass has already been clearanced at other Targets[/quote]

Those games may ring up at clearance prices! A few times, I've gotten "secret" clearance games because no one knows that they are reduced . . . accept for CAGers! Especially fun if you see the clerk go "oh" as they ring it up.

I have to agree with the horse. GCN games are never on clearance and they're always getting rid of PS2 games. :(

[quote name='schultzed'][quote name='CaseyRyback']Nothing at the Raleigh Targets aside from VF4:EVo for 10.

The one on the corner of Glenwood and Lynn is primed for a clearance. Almost every game they have behind the glass has already been clearanced at other Targets[/quote]

Those games may ring up at clearance prices! A few times, I've gotten "secret" clearance games because no one knows that they are reduced . . . accept for CAGers! Especially fun if you see the clerk go "oh" as they ring it up.[/quote]

I agree, you need to check the games behind the glass. I took a look at a local Target and they had VF4-Evo in the case with the regular price tag of 19.99 but the salesclerk opened up the case and took out the game to check the price and low and behold it was $9.98 as listed here. Took a look back today and the games were still in the case, no price adjustment listed.

Also this could be old, but I found in the office supplies area a Dymo Letra labelmaker (needs 6AA batteries) normally $19.99 on clearance for $4.98 but no label tape included - add that in and you add on another $6.99.

Also saw a no-brand name 6 sheet strip shredder that goes over a wastebasket, on clearance for $2.48.

[quote name='Trakan']I have to agree with the horse. GCN games are never on clearance and they're always getting rid of PS2 games. :([/quote]
I think it's because of the shear volume of games that they order because ps2 is the lead platform. Also this holiday has 70 titles a month coming out for ps2 until xmas. Don't know if ya checked the gc releases for the next couple monthes. like 20 in november and 1 in december.

[quote name='schultzed'][quote name='CaseyRyback']Nothing at the Raleigh Targets aside from VF4:EVo for 10.

Those games may ring up at clearance prices! A few times, I've gotten "secret" clearance games because no one knows that they are reduced . . . accept for CAGers! Especially fun if you see the clerk go "oh" as they ring it up.[/quote]

Good to know. I may go back next week and get a few things

Confirmed in Orlando, FL. MK: DA (ps2) - $9.98, Onimusha 2 $9.98, Espn NFL Football (ps2) $4.98. I picked up the Espn NFL football. Anyone know how much this game fetches at FYE?

Henrietta - NY...

clearance games mostly cleared out, however Onimusha 2 is NOT tagged as 9.98 but does in fact scan at 9.99....

[quote name='cmdryuk']Henrietta - NY...

clearance games mostly cleared out, however Onimusha 2 is NOT tagged as 9.98 but does in fact scan at 9.99....[/quote]

At the two Targets here, Onimusha 2 is not on clearence, but is part of a Value Priced game endcap in the frontlanes, along with games like Carve, Ford Racing and a few other crap titles, all are $9.99.

going to two targets tomorrow. The one on Capital hides their clearance in the back so I missed out on Castlevania.

I did see Spawn for 5 bucks though

[quote name='Engineer_J']I bought Tekken 4 for 4.98 at one Target, but it still rang up at 9.98 at the other Target down the road, any reason for that?[/quote]

It's a YMMV thing. Not every single Target has the exact same items at the exact same prices.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Engineer_J']I bought Tekken 4 for 4.98 at one Target, but it still rang up at 9.98 at the other Target down the road, any reason for that?[/quote]

It's a YMMV thing. Not every single Target has the exact same items at the exact same prices.[/quote]

They all will have the same prices. It just every Target does it on a different day.

[quote name='masha'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Engineer_J']I bought Tekken 4 for 4.98 at one Target, but it still rang up at 9.98 at the other Target down the road, any reason for that?[/quote]

It's a YMMV thing. Not every single Target has the exact same items at the exact same prices.[/quote]

They all will have the same prices. It just every Target does it on a different day.[/quote]

This is not true. Some items at one Target may never reach the price at others, the price often remains different among Targets for months.

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='masha'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Engineer_J']I bought Tekken 4 for 4.98 at one Target, but it still rang up at 9.98 at the other Target down the road, any reason for that?[/quote]

They all will have the same prices. It just every Target does it on a different day.[/quote]

This is not true. Some items at one Target may never reach the price at others, the price often remains different among Targets for months.[/quote]
I have 7 around me and they reach the same price anyway sooner or later , but if YMMV so be it :D.

my targets... east windsor, NJ new brunswick, NJ STILL have kill.switch for 14.98....... i rarely see any drops below $10 at these targets...

[quote name='Trakan']Picked up Sly Cooper GH today. Tagged at $19.99. It scanned at $4.98, though.[/quote]

Good find.. I'll have to check around here for that one, but I don't think I've ever seen it in stock at my Target...

While I was at my local Target today I spotted Simpsons Hit & Run (Xbox) and Front Mission 4 (PS2) in the place where they have clearence games. They didn't have any price tags on them, and I was in a rush so I didn't get to scan them. I'm wondering if anyone got the prices on these and if they are cheap.

[quote name='NeueZiel']While I was at my local Target today I spotted Simpsons Hit & Run (Xbox) and Front Mission 4 (PS2) in the place where they have clearence games. They didn't have any price tags on them, and I was in a rush so I didn't get to scan them. I'm wondering if anyone got the prices on these and if they are cheap.[/quote]

FM4 is retailing for 29.99 and that bin is for games 29.99 and lower

I picked up Devil May Cry 2 and State of Emergency for the PS2, both were $5. Target in Covington, LA. They also had Spawn (ps2) for $5.

[quote name='JohnEX']my targets... east windsor, NJ new brunswick, NJ STILL have kill.switch for 14.98....... i rarely see any drops below $10 at these targets...[/quote]

You say that like 10 bucks is a bad thing...

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='JohnEX']my targets... east windsor, NJ new brunswick, NJ STILL have kill.switch for 14.98....... i rarely see any drops below $10 at these targets...[/quote]

You say that like 10 bucks is a bad thing...[/quote]

Good point Trakan . . .

funny, two years ago I was excited when I got games like Wave Race Blue Storm and Ico for $15 new. A year ago, getting $10 copies of Mark of Kri or Primal was cool.

Now, $5 is the goal . . . its ridiculous. I think we have to be happy when we can get games we want for $10 . . .

I passed on Midtown Madness 3 at TRU when I saw it for $10 . . . kinda regret it. Although, I'm only halfway through Midnight Club 2 which appears to be a better racer and I probably won't finish it anytime soon because Sly 2 is fun and RC2, Jak3, Halo2, Metroid, GTA3 are all on the way.

I was at my local target 2 days ago and picked up:

Tekken 4
Hot Shot Golf 3
Cat in the hat
Castlevania LoI
MK:DA
all at 4.98 a peice.
I know these may be repeats but hopefully it'll help some fellow DFW CAGs know what to look for..

[quote name='pfunkpearl']I was at my local target 2 days ago and picked up:

Tekken 4
Hot Shot Golf 3
Cat in the hat
Castlevania LoI
MK:DA
all at 4.98 a peice.
I know these may be repeats but hopefully it'll help some fellow DFW CAGs know what to look for..[/quote]

Hmm, I scanned Hot Shot Golf 3 and it came up at 10 bucks. I passed on it. I would have got it for 5 though.

these were not clearance but actual regular prices on some GBA games.

Tony Hawk 3, Mat Hoffman , and KOF were 3.74

Someone must have gotten the last KOF in the past day or so becuase the price label was still out on it.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='JohnEX']my targets... east windsor, NJ new brunswick, NJ STILL have kill.switch for 14.98....... i rarely see any drops below $10 at these targets...[/quote]

You say that like 10 bucks is a bad thing...[/quote]

don't get me wrong. 10 buck games are great! it's just discouraging when my target's $10 to $15 games are $5 or less at other targets.

it's not that the games are not cheap. it's just that i know they are cheaper somewhere else so i can't bring myself to buy until they get dropped in price. which at my targets may be never. make sense??? man, i'm a cheapass.... :oops:

La Pucelle Tactics (PS2) $19.99
Onimusha 2 (PS2) $9.99

La Pucelle was just in the front case with a $49.99 underneath of it too, excellent deal.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']these were not clearance but actual regular prices on some GBA games.

Tony Hawk 3, Mat Hoffman , and KOF were 3.74

Someone must have gotten the last KOF in the past day or so becuase the price label was still out on it.[/quote]

I passed on scanning Mat Hoffman and Tony Hawk 3, I'll try it tomorrow. I want to keep from paying over $10 on any GBA game I own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back