Target Clearance Thread: Spring 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDirty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
This is in continuation to the Target Clearance Thread which needed to be closed due to its overwhelming size. Same rules apply (and see the first post of the original for all the detail):

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

[quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='CaseyRyback']these were not clearance but actual regular prices on some GBA games.

Tony Hawk 3, Mat Hoffman , and KOF were 3.74

Someone must have gotten the last KOF in the past day or so becuase the price label was still out on it.[/quote]

I passed on scanning Mat Hoffman and Tony Hawk 3, I'll try it tomorrow. I want to keep from paying over $10 on any GBA game I own.[/quote]

they had tags in the back with the 3.74 price and some in the front with 14.99 tag

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='CaseyRyback']these were not clearance but actual regular prices on some GBA games.

Tony Hawk 3, Mat Hoffman , and KOF were 3.74

Someone must have gotten the last KOF in the past day or so becuase the price label was still out on it.[/quote]

I passed on scanning Mat Hoffman and Tony Hawk 3, I'll try it tomorrow. I want to keep from paying over $10 on any GBA game I own.[/quote]

they had tags in the back with the 3.74 price and some in the front with 14.99 tag[/quote]

I scanned them and they all came up $14.99, I could see that there was a price tag over the original barcode.

[quote name='cmdryuk']Scanned Tekken 4 today in Henrietta, NY.. it was in the clearance section but rang up 19.99 *shrug*[/quote]

I went back to the same Target I went to yesterday to get a copy for Mr. Anderson, and it scanned at $19.99. I suspect a conspiracy is afoot.

I went to 2 Targets around my area but the only ones they had left were VF4:Evo and Tekken 4, which both rang up 19.99. Oh well. They didn't even seem to have a clearance section as far as I could see.

P.S. CrashSpyro123, can you please tell me where the *$&^ that video clip of the little girl and the bear with HUGE nuts in your sig is from? Every time I look at it, I frown and burst in laughter at the same time, and I'm dying to know where it's from.

I saw the Mat Hoffman and Tony Hawk GBA games in the display case at Target today. Didn't scan them, since they had a $14.99 placecard there. Unless, has anyone had luck getting a cheaper price even though the placecards say $14.99?

Also, something odd was at my Target today. They usually just have PS2 systems (plain blue box), Metroid GameCubes, regular GameCubes, and regular Xbox systems. However, today they had some PS2 online packages (PS2 system, Network Adapter, and ATV game) and a few Xbox packages (Controller S along with the Jet Set/GT games).

The PS2 packages looked a little beat up, like they were in a warehouse somewhere. Took one to a scanner and it said "Item Not Found." Looked on the side of the box, and found a UPC that said "PS2 POS" and scanned it. $150.

There was only one UPC on the Xbox box, so I scanned it. "Item Not Found."

In the words of the Hurricane... "Wassup wit dat?!"

[quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='cmdryuk']Scanned Tekken 4 today in Henrietta, NY.. it was in the clearance section but rang up 19.99 *shrug*[/quote]

I went back to the same Target I went to yesterday to get a copy for Mr. Anderson, and it scanned at $19.99. I suspect a conspiracy is afoot.[/quote]

Didn't get it then, right?

I just lucked out... I'd missed the Target Xbox Wireless adapter clearance, but someone had returned one... looked untouched inside the box. I'm on Live at 802.11g for $50! ; )

Don't lose hope...

i just got back from target in orchard park, ny.

they had about 30 copies of virtua fighter 4:evolution for 4.98

they had 3 copies of tekken 4 (gh) for 4.98 (they also had a ton of tekken 4 (gh) ringing up at 19.99...weird)

they have 1 copy left of the winter 2003 jampack for 1.48

[quote name='HSidwolf']I went to 2 Targets around my area but the only ones they had left were VF4:Evo and Tekken 4, which both rang up 19.99. Oh well. They didn't even seem to have a clearance section as far as I could see.

P.S. CrashSpyro123, can you please tell me where the *$&^ that video clip of the little girl and the bear with HUGE nuts in your sig is from? Every time I look at it, I frown and burst in laughter at the same time, and I'm dying to know where it's from.[/quote]

I got it from a Half-Life forum run by Valve.

Portland, OR
Clackamas Promenade location

PS2 Virtua Fighter 4 Evo (GH) - $9.98
About 6 copies left, give or take.

PS2 MVP Baseball 2003 - $14.98
At least 10 copies left.

Both games are located on an endcap of an aisle that had printer ink on one side and walkie talkies on the other. Across the aisle from the endcap are home theater systems.

[quote name='"Saucy Jack"

There was only one UPC on the Xbox box, so I scanned it. "Item Not Found."

In the words of the Hurricane... "Wassup wit dat?!"[/quote']

You lucky bastard. NOF item, you should be able to get it for cheap, should be able to find a price somewhere if I remember right. I can't remember the program anymoer to use to try and get it to work.

[quote name='Gojtron']
You lucky bastard. NOF item, you should be able to get it for cheap, should be able to find a price somewhere if I remember right. I can't remember the program anymoer to use to try and get it to work.[/quote]

What is an NOF item? Also, what should I do about this Xbox bundle not showing up in the system? If I can get it at a great price, that would be terrific. I might be able to give it to one of the little kids in my family.

[quote name='Saucy Jack'][quote name='Gojtron']
You lucky bastard. NOF item, you should be able to get it for cheap, should be able to find a price somewhere if I remember right. I can't remember the program anymoer to use to try and get it to work.[/quote]

What is an NOF item? Also, what should I do about this Xbox bundle not showing up in the system? If I can get it at a great price, that would be terrific. I might be able to give it to one of the little kids in my family.[/quote]

An NOF item you answered yourself with your second question.
NOF= Not On File Rings up $0.00

Just find an employee with an LRT(hand scanner) and it will show the last clearance price.

[quote name='Trakan']Picked up Sly Cooper GH today. Tagged at $19.99. It scanned at $4.98, though.[/quote]

Awesome find. I've been wanting to get Sly Cooper forever, but kept putting it off. I don't remember seeing a copy at my local Target, but since I'm stopping by there anyways to pick up LOK: Defiance, I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads-up.

[quote name='JibbaJabba'][quote name='Saucy Jack'][quote name='Gojtron']

What is an NOF item? Also, what should I do about this Xbox bundle not showing up in the system? If I can get it at a great price, that would be terrific. I might be able to give it to one of the little kids in my family.[/quote]

An NOF item you answered yourself with your second question.
NOF= Not On File Rings up $0.00

Just find an employee with an LRT(hand scanner) and it will show the last clearance price.[/quote]

about this, if you find an item that is price not found, like yours, the target will look up the last clearance price, and then give you 50% of that price.. just telling you, same thing happened to me, but for bloody roar for GCN

Not sure if anyone's posted this yet --

Xbox 802.11g wireless adapter $39.98
Target, Richmond VA, Willow Lawn

Was the only one I saw there. A few months back I got a polaroid combo VCR/DVD player (with SVCD, mp3, prog scan, etc.) for 69.98. The clearance prices there seem to be cheaper than the other Richmond area stores.

In the Target at Niskayuna, NY they had an entire display of 9.99 games. They were mostly Confict Desert Storm (PH) and Starsky and Hutch. But I did find Onimusha 2 there as well.

[quote name='josekortez']The GH games Mortal Kombat and Tekken 4 went back up to $20 at the store near me.[/quote]

Same for me and VF4:E was up to $20 at my store today.

Once again my protest continues, I'm gonna go check Target in early October probably... they better have at least 1 GC or Xbox game on clearance by then.

Found MAxpayne 1 for ps2 for 4.98 today. Marked 9.98 but wrong up cheaper. I also found VF4 anf T3:RotM for 4.98 a peice.

Went to my target:

Backyard Wrestling: $7.50
RE: Dead Aim: $7.50
XIII: $4.98

I only got RE Dead Aim, because I'm not interested in Backyard Wrestling, and I have XIII.

Not really a clearace title... I picked up the Morrowind Complete collection with Bloodmoon and Tribunal for $20 today. The PC version. Best price I've seen so far.

[quote name='schultzed']My Target had the PS2 Pitfall . . . rang up zero but got it for $4.98 . . . also XIII PS2 came up $4.98.[/quote]

Did you try picking it up with a few other items to see if they'd notice? :evil:

I don't think that ever works. Every time I buy a $0.00 item, the register informs the cashier on the screen to key in a price. That way the item can be rung up at $0.00 Usually they just ask me if I know how much it is and I tell them the 75% off price (since that's what it is supposed to be).

I just noticed my Target put a new game section outside of the glass and one of the shelf tags was for Backyard Baseball GBA. They didn' t have any in stock, but maybe Target is expecting to get some in.

my Target did something similar, after it was stocked it just looked like another display for 19.99 and under games... nothing special....

so when it rings up for 0.00...are you guys using the price checker things in the store, having a employee use a hand held, or just going to the check out?

[quote name='specialk']so when it rings up for 0.00...are you guys using the price checker things in the store, having a employee use a hand held, or just going to the check out?[/quote]

hand scanner is the only way for the employee to check the last price on the item if it scans at $0.00.

Hey, Mortal Kombat went to the racks in front of the registers at my Target over in Pasadena, TX. It was $10 just like Spy Hunter (used to be on clearance) and Onimusha 2 (also used to be on clearance)

man no luck for my hall this weekend. Went to a target this weekend tekken 4 and dead to rights were 19.99. How odd, I found them at another target for 4.98. oh well. YMMV for sure.

[quote name='MadFlava']Did anyone post this yet, anyway I found Onimusha 2 (non GH) for $9.99.[/quote]

Yes, I can confirm this. Saw it at my local Target. It was set up at an end cap on the checkout isle, along with a few other budget games from the other systems. Celebrity Deathmatch, Starsky and Hutch, Conflict Desert Storm were $9.99 for Xbox as well.

Jeremy

Yes, those games have been near the checkout lanes at my Target for a couple of months now. They're not clearance...they're just cheap. :D The only one worth it IMO is Onimusha 2...and it's the one I picked up. :)

Just picked up VF: Evo today for 5 bucks, along with a copy of La Pucelle for the well known 19.99 price

Onimusha 2 , from what Ive played of it is a nice game, I got it during the 5 dollar CC madness a few months back

Meanwhile my stack of unplayed games keeps rising :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back