Target Clearance Thread: Spring 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDirty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
This is in continuation to the Target Clearance Thread which needed to be closed due to its overwhelming size. Same rules apply (and see the first post of the original for all the detail):

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

Clackamas Promenade (Portland, OR):

PS2 MVP Baseball 2003 (1 copy) - $7.48

That was it. Located in the aisle behind the glass case alongside the budget/GH games and the PSX stuff.

[quote name='Mustang O-Line 75']I saw an Xbox wireless adapter for 37.xx today. I think i'll wait for it to go down to 75 %[/quote]

they are 29.XX at my target in buffalo

Also got Kill Switch today when I went back to pick up another Castlevania. It (Kill Switch) wasn't even in the system anymore. The checker called the manager over and they had the guy in electronics check and of course he couldn't find any more copies of the game. She gave it to me for $4.98 because the other game I got was $4.98, lol. I love my target.

Today at the Lafayette, LA Target I saw:

$21
Hitman Contracts

$15
Gangland

$14
Neverwinter Nights Gold
Splinter Cell
GTA3

They also had some of the Sims expansions, EA sports games, and a lot kid’s software, and True Crime, but I didn’t check prices.

[quote name='joeposh'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']PIcked up a copy of Godzilla: DAMM for $4.88 yesterday.[/quote]

For the X-Box or Gamecube?[/quote]

Damm!!! Good deal. Sorry I just had to.

The Jacksonville and orange park Targets have been pretty much picked over. Looks like WhipSmartBanky has been on the loose. A digital voice recorder for 5.XX, that used to retail for ~40.00 though

Picked up a copy of Devil May Cry 2 for $4.98 and probably the last one. It's weird cuz I looked for it several weeks ago when it was first clearanced and the only non-GH copy I had seen appears today.

Devil May Cry 2 is worth $4.98. A fun game, but not worth a whole lot since its really short and easy. Fun while it lasts, though.

[quote name='darkshadows6000']True Crime (PC) $7.48
NBA 2003 (PC) ~3.50
Fellowship of the Ring (PC) $9.98[/quote]

I don't even know where the PC games are in my Target.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='darkshadows6000']True Crime (PC) $7.48
NBA 2003 (PC) ~3.50
Fellowship of the Ring (PC) $9.98[/quote]

I don't even know where the PC games are in my Target.[/quote]

By the books.

My local Target has a few Crazy Taxi 3 for $17. Should'nt this game bee clearanced a long time ago??? Help me out here!!!

They moved the clearance PC games at mine to way way way back at the end of an aisle that has kid's toys. By kid, I mean baby toys. I did see True Crime for $7 though. I almost got it. ALMOST.

Well now that I work at Target as part of the night crew, I'll be able to spot any clearance games right away. Seems the focus right now is on PC games, there's too many to list. Since last month was PS2 clearance, let's hope Xbox and GC are next. Perfect timing, if you ask me.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Well now that I work at Target as part of the night crew, I'll be able to spot any clearance games right away. Seems the focus right now is on PC games, there's too many to list. Since last month was PS2 clearance, let's hope Xbox and GC are next. Perfect timing, if you ask me.[/quote]

An insider . . . soooo cool.

[quote name='BABETOOTH']My local Target has a few Crazy Taxi 3 for $17. Should'nt this game bee clearanced a long time ago??? Help me out here!!![/quote]

Not that I recall. They clearanced out the PS2 version in the Spring but prolly still have some GH versions at full price.

Target was downright strange tonight... seems as though they've marked some games back up in price. For example: Super Monkey Ball 2 went up to $30 from $20, and Final Fantasy X went up from $20 to $50... makes no sense at all; however, we did get in some of the new pstwo system, so that's something to look out for at Target now, if anyone wanted to get one. My advice is to ask a clerk if you don't see one out on display, there's probably more in the back.

Target in Mankato, MN:

Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution, unmarked price, not listed in the computer...bargin with the electronics department person for a good price, I guess (I got it for $4 :p ).

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Well now that I work at Target as part of the night crew, I'll be able to spot any clearance games right away. Seems the focus right now is on PC games, there's too many to list. Since last month was PS2 clearance, let's hope Xbox and GC are next. Perfect timing, if you ask me.[/quote]

TEEHEE I can go and loot your Target! Which one you work at? I need new games so I could come to your target and bug ya for games. Now I just need to find some money lying around the house.....

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life'][quote name='Zenithian Legend']Well now that I work at Target as part of the night crew, I'll be able to spot any clearance games right away. Seems the focus right now is on PC games, there's too many to list. Since last month was PS2 clearance, let's hope Xbox and GC are next. Perfect timing, if you ask me.[/quote]

TEEHEE I can go and loot your Target! Which one you work at? I need new games so I could come to your target and bug ya for games. Now I just need to find some money lying around the house.....[/quote]

It's the Target in Mt Pleasant, but good luck pestering me for games, I'm part of the night-crew so I don't have to deal with customers.

Found another VF4EVo for 4.98...strangely it rang up as 0.00 on the scanner and a csr scanned it and came up at 4.98....saw tekken 4 GH and it rang up at 0.00 too....when he scanned that it was 19.99...weird..BAckyard wrestling was 7.48 also. Went to another targt and tekken 4 was in the store scanner at 10.04....

Well, the horse thought he'd do another pointless update... got some good and some bad news today. Target still hasn't put anything but pc games on clearance lately, and there's still a ton taking up all the clearance shelf space... however, the regular ps2, xbox and gc games are really starting to pile up, especially in the $19.99 games section, so it should only be a matter of time. The best part is I've managed to work my way into stocking all the electronics, so I'll know about any clearance games as soon as they go up.

OH... and on a non-game related note, all Target halloween stuff should be 50% off everywhere now. So, go stock up on your Halloween candy and whatever other stuff you're into today, before it's all gone.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I like to wait until the holiday stuff hits 90% off. Of course, most of the good stuff is gone by then.[/quote]

Hope you're a fan of those orange marshmallow peanuts. ;)

[quote name='wubb'][quote name='YoshiFan1']I like to wait until the holiday stuff hits 90% off. Of course, most of the good stuff is gone by then.[/quote]

Hope you're a fan of those orange marshmallow peanuts. ;)[/quote]
Yeah! Circus Peanuts are great!

thanks zeniithian legend. I hadn't known you work at Target. Keep us informed. By the way how much is Space Channel 5 for PS2 if you don't mind me asking?

Actually, last year when the Halloween stuff hit 90% off I got a lot of good stuff, I was there in the middle of the day and they were bringing stuff out from the back. I got a bag of Hershey Bars for $0.23, a giant bag of Resse's Peanut Butter Cups for $0.41, 2 bags of Animal Crackers (20 small bags in each bag) for $0.19 each and 2 bags of fruit snacks (15 small bags in each bag) for $0.24 each. I guess it's just timing and how much stuff they have left in the back.

Halloween stuff is now at 75% off, got myself a fog machine for $5.

And... I'll check on Space Channel next time I work.

There were quite a few markdowns as well today, nothing of real importance, although NHL 2005 dropped down to $32 (I think that was it) most likely due to the hockey lock out.

Other than that, there's a ton of games piling up right now, I'd expect a fairly large clearance around xmas. There's certain games that aren't even going out anymore for whatever reason. I believe Crash Nitro Kart was one of those games. So, hopefully Target revives the clearance thread and puts some console games out soon. This strictly PC stuff has been driving me nuts.

At the local Target the game section (outside of the cases) is literally overflowing with games. I'd say a big clearance on a bunch of titles is due very soon.

I'm feeling the same thing. FOr the past almost coule of months, other than picking up Front Mission 4 for $15 which was supposedly on clearance, my Target is starting to over flow and like you zenithinan legend, I can't take all this PC clearance crap. If it at least was something good I can understand but most iof it is old kiddie games (like those learning ones) and old old sports PC games.

I wonder if they're waiting for the pc games to sell? Cuz it's really not gonna happen. The Halloween stuff hit 90% off on Sunday, so that's gone now. Work got cancelled by the good grace of Ghandi on Monday morning (3am - whenever), I wouldn't have been able to make it anyway I'm so sick.

Ignore if posted previously, cuz it's mostly junk anyway, but I did find GH Baulder's Gate Dark Alliance for PS2, I believe came up for $2.62, as well as Time Splitters 2 GC for $4.99, and Syberia Xbox for under $5. CT Targets seem to be overflowing with games as well, specially after having to clear 3 plastic racks for Halo 2 tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back