Target Clearance Thread: Spring 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDirty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
This is in continuation to the Target Clearance Thread which needed to be closed due to its overwhelming size. Same rules apply (and see the first post of the original for all the detail):

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

Checked at Clackamas Promenade again. Just because I was there and what the hell. There were three console games (sports, Breakdown, and Catwoman) and mostly PC games. The weirdest thing was seeing a $9.98 copy of Missing while it was still on the shelf a couple aisles away for $19.99.

Columbia, SC (Two Notch) has FZero (GC) for 9.98 and 1080 Snowboarding (GC) for 14.98. There was one copy of each. Seems that they are clearing out more PC titles. Deus Ex: Invisible War (9.98 ), Dark Age of Camelot Platinum (7.48 ), Return to Castle Wolfenstein (9.98 ), and a few others. Remember seeing Counterstrike for PC, but I do not recall the price.

Battlefield 1942 expansions (Road to Rome and Secret Weapons) are priced 9.98 each and seem to be the regular price. No red tags on them.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Found Nightfire (GC) for $9.98 at the Target in Westland, MI. They had a few copies left at the time, but that was Friday morning, so they might be gone now.[/quote]

No wonder the Westland Target never has anyting everytime I go there....

I keep getting beaten by a talking horse.

Oh yeah, and maybe its just my area, but has anyone noticed many of the clearance games are re-sealed shrink wrap?

[quote name='JibbaJabba']Manhunt PS2 $4.98[/quote]

WTF Seriously? You mean 14.98, right? 5 bucks? Someone better go grab a couple of these!

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='JibbaJabba']Manhunt PS2 $4.98[/quote]

WTF Seriously? You mean 14.98, right? 5 bucks? Someone better go grab a couple of these![/quote]

ymmv...it was 9.98 at my local Target this evening

[quote name='dracula']picked up klonoa gba for $14.99, i know it isnt clearance, but that sounded like a decent price so i bit[/quote]

Why are these really old games that haven't been sold for years coming back out of nowhere now?

[quote name='bmulligan'][quote name='Zenithian Legend']Found Nightfire (GC) for $9.98 at the Target in Westland, MI. They had a few copies left at the time, but that was Friday morning, so they might be gone now.[/quote]

No wonder the Westland Target never has anyting everytime I go there....

I keep getting beaten by a talking horse.[/quote]

Naw, I only go there maybe once every other month when I come back home from my apt up in Mt Pleasant. Most of the time I'm here at CMU going to school at working at the local Target. Now if you can't find a game at the Mt Pleasant Target, then yes it's probably because a talking horse has already gotten it.

Not sure if this has been posted on here yet, but my Target has Tenchu: Return from Darkness (XBX) for $9.98, NCAA BBall - the EA one (PS2) for $14.98 and SOCOM (GH) for $9.98.

This was at the Lemont, IL store on Archer. They also had a bunch of PC games but I didn't really look since I don't game on the PC.

today I saw

Counter Strike (Pc) 9.98
Half Life- GOTY (PC) 9.98
Manhunt (Xbox, PS2) 9.98
RE0 9.98
The Sims (GCN) 9.98
harry Potter: Quittich World Cup (GCN) 9.98

[quote name='JibbaJabba']Manhunt PS2 $4.98[/quote]

My Target hasn't had these in stock since last summer, unfortunately.

While trying to use a raincheck on Manhunt, I was told Target wasn't going to carry the game anymore; therefore they would not accept my raincheck.

Something about the amount of violence. Yeah, sure, it wasn't pouring off the shelves like most Rock-Star games.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']today I saw

Counter Strike (Pc) 9.98
Manhunt (Xbox, PS2) 9.98
RE0 9.98
The Sims (GCN) 9.98
harry Potter: Quittich World Cup (GCN) 9.98[/quote]

Casey, which Target in Raleigh (I assume Raleigh)?

[quote name='rallen']While trying to use a raincheck on Manhunt, I was told Target wasn't going to carry the game anymore; therefore they would not accept my raincheck.

Something about the amount of violence. Yeah, sure, it wasn't pouring off the shelves like most Rock-Star games.[/quote]

I saw the Greatest Hits branded version of Manhunt at Best Buy . . . could be part of the reason for clearance.

I've never tried a raincheck on a clearance item . . . makes sense that they wouldn't accept it :(

Picked up...Metal Gear TS... wasnt even in the clearance section, but was still 14.99... since it was the only one at both targets in town, figured it would be good to pick it up

Esp since I picked up the guide for a penny this week :D

Saw some clearance items:

RE 0 GC 9.98
FFXI PS2 84.98
Space Channel 5 Special Edition PS2 9.99
Mighty Beanz GBA 9.98
009 Everything Or Nothing GBA 14.98
Nightcaster II Xbox 6.48

[quote name='tdphillips'][quote name='CaseyRyback']today I saw

Counter Strike (Pc) 9.98
Manhunt (Xbox, PS2) 9.98
RE0 9.98
The Sims (GCN) 9.98

Casey, which Target in Raleigh (I assume Raleigh)?[/quote]

The one off of Green Road and Millbrook (I live in the ghetto :lol: )

and everything was still there today except the Xbox versions of Manhunt.

I hope the stuff goes to 5 bucks in the next couple of days as I would love to get Manhunt and RE0

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='tdphillips'][quote name='CaseyRyback']today I saw

Counter Strike (Pc) 9.98
Manhunt (Xbox, PS2) 9.98
RE0 9.98
The Sims (GCN) 9.98

I hope the stuff goes to 5 bucks in the next couple of days as I would love to get Manhunt and RE0[/quote]

Yeah, I was looking at RE0 for that price, mostly as a gift, but tempting as a purchase for myself too. :)

[quote name='tdphillips'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='tdphillips'][quote name='CaseyRyback']today I saw

Counter Strike (Pc) 9.98
Manhunt (Xbox, PS2) 9.98
RE0 9.98
The Sims (GCN) 9.98

I hope the stuff goes to 5 bucks in the next couple of days as I would love to get Manhunt and RE0[/quote]

Yeah, I was looking at RE0 for that price, mostly as a gift, but tempting as a purchase for myself too. :)[/quote]

I am going to check tomorrow or tuesday to see if they dropped to 5.

Spotted Saturday night at the Jantzen Beach Target in Portland, OR:

Gamecube:
1080 Snowboarding (1 copy) - $20.98
Madden 2004 (several copies) - $20.98
Another EA sports title I can't remember (3-4 copies) - $20.98

Located with the other games in the budget game/game accessory aisle.

PC games:
Cruise Ship Tycoon (2 copies) - $9.98
Some Pokemon title (1 or 2 copies, can't remember) - $9.98
There were 1 or 2 other titles I can't remember there as well. All the PC stuff was located on an endcap near the books/CDs.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='tdphillips'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='tdphillips'][quote name='CaseyRyback']today I saw

Counter Strike (Pc) 9.98
Manhunt (Xbox, PS2) 9.98
RE0 9.98
The Sims (GCN) 9.98

Yeah, I was looking at RE0 for that price, mostly as a gift, but tempting as a purchase for myself too. :)[/quote]

I am going to check tomorrow or tuesday to see if they dropped to 5.[/quote]

They still have not dropped in price. They did add a few more games to the pile though (mainly really crappy PC games)

[quote name='tdphillips']thanks for your efforts Casey. I live ~15 mins from Brier Creek, I may check that in the next couple days.[/quote]

I plan on checking periodically throughout the week.

Target is the main store I go to if I need something (due to useability). I will post again if it drops

and you've broken 7000...

unfortunately the Target I work at no longer has RE0... real pity if you ask me. They do have a surplus of other games that I can no longer stock in the cases or endcaps, so another clearance can't be too far away. Possibly shortly before X-mas or perhaps in January when the electronics section is completely re-done.

I've been pretty disappointed with Target's endcaps and clearance sections. I think that the Employees are scoopin them up faster than ever before.....or there has been a rash of FWers in my new neighborhood.

Resident Evil 0 still rings up 13.98 in Fairfax, VA. They only had one copy left and it seems that this game is becoming scarce in my parts so I decided to pull the trigger and pick it up as a gift for my brother. Any reason why the prices are different in some areas and that they aren't nation wide.

I don't think the lack of clearance has anything to do with employees buying stuff, I think it is seasonal. The big blitz is before the holiday items are out. Expect some dead time for a while...

I went to the Glisan street Target in Portland, OR last night. Still had two copies of MGS: TS for $14.98, a Catwoman, and a ton of copies of some football game in 2004. There was a PC copy of Counter-Strike, but basically the endcap was crap. I bought one MGS: TS and a radio that was in the same endcap as christmas gifts.

No Clearance gaming in the Newer Target in Garner, NC, I havent been to the older one in a while though, prolly check them friday...

on a side note, for you guys living in the Raleigh Area, they are popping up a ton of targets around here, In south Raleigh/ Garner, they have 2 of em like 2.5 miles apart.

[quote name='masksofvenom']No Clearance gaming in the Newer Target in Garner, NC, I havent been to the older one in a while though, prolly check them friday...

on a side note, for you guys living in the Raleigh Area, they are popping up a ton of targets around here, In south Raleigh/ Garner, they have 2 of em like 2.5 miles apart.[/quote]

That's good to hear, but you probably won't get any clearance games until they're open about 6 mos or so, once their stock gets out of hand. At least that's what I observed in the Brier Creek Target.

[quote name='spwango']I don't think the lack of clearance has anything to do with employees buying stuff, I think it is seasonal. The big blitz is before the holiday items are out. Expect some dead time for a while...[/quote]

Yup, I think you're right. Most of the Clearance end caps in the Targets that I have visited have been cleared away and regular merchandise was put in its place.

They're gonna have to make room for all the Holiday stuff that is left over and other surplus products - I'm hoping that the games will start piling up and need to be clearanced.

Dammit. Manhunt at my Target in PA is marked at $49.99. I scanned the barcode and it came up $29.99. Dammit. They have like 4-5 copies left and I have wanted this game for a while. Usually my Target is right on track with most of the clearance items. Of course, with this one, they're not. Dammit.

[quote name='zman73']Picked up...Metal Gear TS... wasnt even in the clearance section, but was still 14.99... since it was the only one at both targets in town, figured it would be good to pick it up

Esp since I picked up the guide for a penny this week :D[/quote]

is twin snakes at target a price drop or a YMMV on clearance? i REALLY want to get this game and that would be the perfect price

[quote name='vanlandw'][quote name='zman73']Picked up...Metal Gear TS... wasnt even in the clearance section, but was still 14.99... since it was the only one at both targets in town, figured it would be good to pick it up

Esp since I picked up the guide for a penny this week :D[/quote]

is twin snakes at target a price drop or a YMMV on clearance? i REALLY want to get this game and that would be the perfect price[/quote]

It's on clearance, not a price drop. I just saw it in the clearance section today, marked as $15 with a clearance price tag.

Tonight at Northpoint Mall (Alpharetta, GA) Target:
Catwoman GCN $4.98
Dead to Rights XBOX $4.98

Have also picked up recently:
Resident Evil 0 GCN $9.98
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes $14.98
Wrestlemania XIX GCN $9.98
Tenchu XBOX $9.98

Final Fantasy XI w/HDD kit (PS2) Orig $99.9? Now $88.98

This is not a good deal but it is something to keep an eye out for when it is discounted further.

[quote name='spwango']Picked up Twin Snakes for 7.49 today...[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up! Bout time this game drops.

*sets alarm clock 20 minutes earlier*

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back