Not open for further replies.

radjago

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
*Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Today, I saw a pokemon emerald preorder tin in the display case. I asked the guy what happens with the preorder tin since the game has been out for 1-2 weeks already. He told me that it only costs a penny.

For anyone who wanted to buy something for just a penny

I need to go hit up the one on the far side of town. I want a cheap vampire bloodlines, i wouldn't mind that serious sam either.

[quote name='indomitable']America McGee Scrapland PC is $4.98.[/QUOTE]

It's $2.54 at my local Target. Houston, TX the Super Terget on Maine (near Astrodome).

For all of the CAG's who missed out on the TRU deal on the PSOne LCD screens check you Target for an Eddie Bauer 5" LCD screen on clearance foe $34.98. I picked one up tonight and it works great with my Xbox and Dreamcast. One good thing about it is that it has "regular" AV inputs (red,yellow & white) so no Radio Shack adapters are needed. The speakers sound slightly better than the Sony screen IMO. All in all I'm liking it better than the PSOne screen.

[quote name='snakeneck']For all of the CAG's who missed out on the TRU deal on the PSOne LCD screens check you Target for an Eddie Bauer 5" LCD screen on clearance foe $34.98. I picked one up tonight and it works great with my Xbox and Dreamcast. One good thing about it is that it has "regular" AV inputs (red,yellow & white) so no Radio Shack adapters are needed. The speakers sound slightly better than the Sony screen IMO. All in all I'm liking it better than the PSOne screen.[/QUOTE]

What section of the store would this be in?

I only know of the small PC clearence section near the video games.

Roufuss, I found these screens in the TV/ electronics area which happens to be right next to the video games. Check around where they have the portable DVD players and flat panel TV's

Picked up Outlaw Golf 2 for the Xbox for 4.99 and Tomb Raider AOD PS2 (its trade fodder for the current blockbuster deal) for 2.99 at the Target at Gwinnett Place in Atl.

[quote name='darkshadows6000']Vampire - Bloodlines (PC) $12.48
Tony Hawk THUG 2 (PC) $4.98
War! Age of Imperialism (PC) $2.48
Max Payne (PC) $2.48
Hitmat 2 - Silent Assasin (PC) $2.48
Shark Tales (PC) $cheap
Cabelas Deer Hunt 2005 (PC) $4.98
Def Jam Vendetta (NGC) $3.74
Spiderman 2 (PC) $9.99
Microsoft Flight? Combat Simulation (PC) $2.48
Mafia (PC) $2.48
Railroad Tycoon 3 (PC) $4.98[/QUOTE]We've got mostly the same stuff for the same prices at our local Target. Picked up Railroad Tycoon 3 and Vampire: Bloodlines, which I've been wanting for a while.

Hmm .. have to be on the lookout for Outlaw Golf 2 now. Have all the other outlaw games but felt $20 was still too much to pay. $5 I can handle.

[quote name='rant']Picked up Outlaw Golf 2 for the Xbox for 4.99 and Tomb Raider AOD PS2 (its trade fodder for the current blockbuster deal) for 2.99 at the Target at Gwinnett Place in Atl.[/QUOTE]

That's not bad at all.

Gwinnett Place is pretty decent. I prefer 575 and 92 though.

Went to the Clackamas Promenade store in Clackamas, OR last night. Several PC games, but nothing else. Here's what stood out:

Max Payne (1 copy left) - $2.48
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 (2 copies left) - $4.98
Spiderman 2 (3 copies left) - $4.98 (note that the PC version is different from the console versions)

Some were located on an endcap between the glass case and the value games across from the TVs, and some were located on an endcap between the CDs and the DVDs across from the clothing departments.

Don't think this qualifies as a "CLEARANCE" but it is still the cheapest anywhere I've seen it.

PC: ELDER SCROLLS III: MORROWIND GOTY EDITION (The big box set) for $19.99

Snagged one at a TARGET in SAN JOSE, new universal price drop starting maybe?

I'm home visiting family in Texas and I've scored big. I picked up the following at the Colleyville Target:

Thief (XBOX) - 7.48
UFC:Sudden Impact (PS2) - 2.48
Serious Sam: Next Encounter (PS2) - 2.48
The Hobbit (PS2) - 2.48

happy gaming

[quote name='BaZoOKajOe']Don't think this qualifies as a "CLEARANCE" but it is still the cheapest anywhere I've seen it.

PC: ELDER SCROLLS III: MORROWIND GOTY EDITION (The big box set) for $19.99

Snagged one at a TARGET in SAN JOSE, new universal price drop starting maybe?[/QUOTE]

At the main Target I shop at, Morrowind GOTY has been that price for ages. So I don't think it's any real indicator. Still a good deal. Though if you're unsure of the game, Walmart has the main game only in a budget box for 9.99.

I saw these at the Salisbury, MD Target this morning:

Onimusha 3 (PS2) - $10.98
Rappala's Pro Fishing (XB) - $13.98
Kingdom Under Fire (XB) - $13.98
Enter the Matrix (XB) - $13.98

The Jenison, MI store had Onimusha 3 for $7.48, which made me regret trading my copy of Super Mario Sunshine for said game. Enter the Matrix was still $13.98, which is crap, since the Grand Rapids store is down to $4.98.

I stopped at the Target in Naperville, IL on Route 59 and they had the Morrowwind large box set for 4.38 as the price listed on the shelf tag.

[quote name='nyklon']I stopped at the Target in Naperville, IL on Route 59 and they had the Morrowwind large box set for 4.38 as the price listed on the shelf tag.[/QUOTE]

For PC?

I've noticed a cycle for the price lowering of clearance games at my local target. It's usually about 2 or so weeks after the game is clearanced that the price drops, then about every other week the price is cut by half until it is pennied out (at which point they won't sell it to me, even though I offer them a buck for it. You can ring it up as "General Merchandise", at least we could when I worked at Target).

[quote name='Liontamer']Castlevania for GBA finally went down to $4.98 at a Target near me. It sure took long enough to drop in price here.[/QUOTE]

NES Classics Castlevania for GBA finally dropped to $2.48 at the Columbia, MD, store. I can't believe nobody wanted this game for $4.98, and they're still not selling even when clearly marked at $2.48. Dracula must be rolling over in his grave. :D

[quote name='nyklon']I stopped at the Target in Naperville, IL on Route 59 and they had the Morrowwind large box set for 4.38 as the price listed on the shelf tag.[/QUOTE]

No dice here... still ringing up at the Target here for 19.99.

They only have one copy left, and I doubt it'll go on clearance anytime soon... I might just buy it before it does.

[quote name='Roufuss']No dice here... still ringing up at the Target here for 19.99.

They only have one copy left, and I doubt it'll go on clearance anytime soon... I might just buy it before it does.[/QUOTE]

Same at my Target...$19.99, 3 boxes left.

I went to the target on Winfield in Warrenville, IL and the one at Yorktown Mall in Lombard, IL and they both had it for 19.99. I asked the clerk and they told me that the stores do pricing at different times.

Just picked up Duel Masters PS2 for $4.98 and Get on Da Mic PS2 w/ microphone for $9.98. Anyone know if the mic that comes with this game can be used with others like karaoke revolution for PS2 ?

Just stopped by the Target in Grand Rapids, MI. Saw the following:

Onimusha 3 - $7.48
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow (Xbox) - $9.98
Viewtiful Joe (PS2) - $9.98
Rapala Pro Fishing (Xbox) - $9.98
Hitman, can't remember which one (Xbox) - $9.98

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Just picked up Duel Masters PS2 for $4.98 and Get on Da Mic PS2 w/ microphone for $9.98. Anyone know if the mic that comes with this game can be used with others like karaoke revolution for PS2 ?[/QUOTE]

yes it can be.

Hmmm.. I wonder if it is still there? I'd like to try the game and may as well get it for PC as it will likely be along time before, if ever, I get a X-Box. I

It looks like they dump whole stack of games this week at the Alhambra, ca:

Vampires:bloodlines $9.98
disney channel collection GB video $13.98

XBOX:
rapal pro fishing $9.98
outlaw golf 2 $9.98
espn nhl 2005 $9.98

PS2:
freestyle $7.48
ssx tricky $7.48
cabela deer hunt 2005 $9.98

Another score in TX. I picked up the following in Colleyville:

NHRA Drag Racing 2 (PS2) - 2.48
Onimusha 3 (PS2) - 7.48
Hitman Contracts (PS2) - 9.98

I picked up the following on Denton HWY:

Get On Da Mic (PS2) - 14.98
Harry Potter: Quiddich Cup - 7.48

I saw (with the rest of the value games) Batman: Rise of Tsin Zu for PS2 for $49.99!!! What the hell??!! Yeah, I scanned it. When I saw it, I was sure it would ring up clearanced. Talk about weird...

after reading through the last few posts here, I am going to wait on Get on da mic to drop from Mobile Targets current 20.98 clearance price
also had Mega Man CM for 13.99
and a few crappy GBA games

[quote name='zman73']after reading through the last few posts here, I am going to wait on Get on da mic to drop from Mobile Targets current 20.98 clearance price
also had Mega Man CM for 13.99
and a few crappy GBA games[/QUOTE]

Did you scan them or was that just the sticker price?

[quote name='uberzone']Did you scan them or was that just the sticker price?[/QUOTE]

I scanned them and it was the sticker price... it was a few days ago

the Target in Beavercreek, Ohio has Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 for $9.98. A little overpriced if you ask me... but it's the only thing I've seen on clearence there in about 6 months.

I would always find the best deals at my target... but recently some punk kids cut the sides out of a bunch of games and left the cases there. The employees never noticed because I grabbed a few games to scan and realized they were cut cases with no discs. I left them in a pile on the shelf.

The sad thing is that these games won't drop in price if they are all stolen. :(

GC Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (PH) - $4.98
GBA Advance Guardian Heroes - $4.98
XB Thief: Deadly Shadows - $7.49
XB Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 - $7.49
XB Kingdom Under Fire - $9.98
XB Outlaw Golf 2 - $9.98

[quote name='FaintDeftone']the Target in Beavercreek, Ohio has Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 for $9.98. A little overpriced if you ask me... but it's the only thing I've seen on clearence there in about 6 months.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the Beavercreek store has been pretty barren for a while. The Huber Heights store seems to be a lot better about putting out clearance items. The Miamisburg (Dayton Mall) one has decent clearance, especially the PC games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back