Not open for further replies.

radjago

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
*Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

I have seen some games with those long barcode stickers. I usually see them on games that are no longer in the system so they put the barcode on so it will ring up. I saw them on NBA 2K for Dreamcast which was at a Target up until a few months ago. They either pulled them or someone bought them which I doubt since they wanted $9.96 each for them

Many times you'll see the different barcode when the item is no longer in the system. It missed so many markdowns that the computer doesn't know what to do with it. The store will assign a generic UPC to it and give it a price. You'll especially see this when the store is doing inventory. They will come across items in the middle of the night during inventory and have to give it a price on the spot do it can be scanned by the inventory service. If you can find out when a store is having inventory, it's worth it to be there early the next morning to look for deals. Of course the employees will snag a lot of the deals the next morning before anyone has a chance to ever see them...

I thought I'd found a clearance goldmine at Target today, I saw at least 50 games out on the clearance endcap! But, upon closer inspection, the reductions were pathetic, they were only 15% off!!! They had GC Mortal Kombat Deception, down from 39.99 to 35.xx. Ooh, bargain! Anyway, if you're lucky maybe you'll find that one at 30% or 50% off sooner or later, they also had GC Prince of Persia warrior within, Shark Tale, and most of the other usual suspects that everyone else has seen.

Yeah, new update for the ol' Oswego Target:

GC: (only 15% at the moment :\ )
Madden 2005 -- 25.xx
PoP: WW -- 25.xx
Metroid Prime -- 16.xx
Zelda 4 Swords -- 45.xx
Viewtiful Joe -- 16.xx
Viewtiful Joe 2 -- 16.xx
True Crime: Streets of LA -- 16.xx

Xbox:
LOTR: The Third Age-- 9.98

GBA:
Megaman Zero 3 -- 9.98
Ice Climbers --9.98
Spyro (Ice somethinerother) -- 7.xx
Digimon Racing -- 14.98
Pac-man Collection -- 14.98
Tons of Pokemon Videos -- 16.xx

PS2:
Neo Contra -- 13.98
Rainbow 6 III -- 9.98

Genman Onimusha guides, along with Tak and the Power of Juju are really cheap too, assuming you really WANT a guide. Why would you? We're all cheap here :)

There were some others but I can't remember EVERYTHING. Only notable ones. Everything else was pretty much garbage.

The South Loop Target in Chicago has a good supply of clearance games right now. The only one I remember is:

Mario Party 4 - $13.98

(Since I picked one up, but noticed a lot of red stickers)

That sucks that it sounds like clearances now start at 15% off for games. That means waiting even longer for 75% off on games and a greater chance of games not making it to 75% off with them on clearance longer.

Some DS games are heading for clearance. I was at the Mall 205 Portland, OR Target tonight and Spider Man 2, Madden 2005, Polarium, Retro Atari Classics, Zoo Keeper, Ridge Racer, Asphalt Urban Gt, were all in the general $20 or less crap area outside of the glass cases. Most didn't have stickers but I saw some other games that I've seen on this thread. So I took two of the DS games (Zoo Keeper and Retro Atari Classics) to a price scanner and they rang up $19.99. I had to take them out of my cart cause I can't afford them. So keep an eye out for POSSIBLE DS clearances.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']That sucks that it sounds like clearances now start at 15% off for games. That means waiting even longer for 75% off on games and a greater chance of games not making it to 75% off with them on clearance longer.[/QUOTE]

True, true. At least this means that I don't have to go to Target exclusively for games any longer.

Most of these titles at the Central Florida stores w/ the addition of Nemo and Pac Man collection for GBA... and they were all ~15% off these prices below...

[quote name='djak1']Central NJ -

GBA:

Klonoa: Empire of Dreams $7.48
Spyro: Season of Ice $7.48
Midnight Club: Street Racing $7.48
MegaMan Zero 3: $9.98
Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer: $7.48
Shaun Palmer's Pro Snowboarder: $7.48
Legends of Wrestling II: $6.98
Fire Emblem: $25.48
Power Rangers: Ninja Storm $12.74
Scooby Doo: Mystery Mayhem: $12.74

There were a bunch more which I can't remember - Duel Masters ____, Digimon Racing (?), Banjo Pilot (?) all of which were either $12.74 or $16.98

GC:

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron: $9.98
Namco Museum (Vol. 1): $9.98
Sonic Heroes: $9.98
Scaler: $9.98

PS2:

LOTR: The Third Age $9.98

Didn't see anything new for XBox (or at least I dont remember anything new besides Madden 05, PoP: Sands of Time which were still $13.98).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='soulwish2003']Most of these titles at the Central Florida stores w/ the addition of Nemo and Pac Man collection for GBA... and they were all ~15% off these prices below...[/QUOTE]

Which store Soulwish? The prices listed here are about what I'm seeing in Daytona/Deltona...are you finding them for less?

GBA:

Klonoa: Empire of Dreams $7.48
Spyro: Season of Ice $7.48
Midnight Club: Street Racing $7.48
MegaMan Zero 3: $9.98
Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer: $7.48
Shaun Palmer's Pro Snowboarder: $7.48
Legends of Wrestling II: $6.98
Fire Emblem: $25.48
Power Rangers: Ninja Storm $12.74
Scooby Doo: Mystery Mayhem: $12.74

There were a bunch more which I can't remember - Duel Masters ____, Digimon Racing (?), Banjo Pilot (?) all of which were either $12.74 or $16.98

GC:

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron: $9.98
Namco Museum (Vol. 1): $9.98
Sonic Heroes: $9.98
Scaler: $9.98

PS2:

LOTR: The Third Age $9.98

Didn't see anything new for XBox (or at least I dont remember anything new besides Madden 05, PoP: Sands of Time which were still $13.98).[/QUOTE]

I saw a few of these a Target in the Portland metro area. But the list was mostly different. It had to be the biggest amount of clearance games I've ever seen at Target though. This, after practically nothing for months.

I picked up Fire Emblem for $20.98. I have had trouble finding this game at all, let alone on sale. They also had Shadow Hearts Covenant for $14.98, Madden '05 for Xbox for $7.48, Mario Party 4 for $13.98, GC Def Jam NY for $9.98, GC Shark Tale for $13.98, GC Viewtiful Joe 2 for $13.98, and a bunch of others. I wish I had a pen with me at the time - would have written them all down. Most of the prices weren't quite low enough, but I'll be checking back frequently to see if they do another round of cuts on them. I snagged Fire Emblem because they only had 1 and I figured it wouldn't last. Oh, I also got one of the GBA videos for $2.54! Most were on sale for $13.xx or so, but one (the Cartoon Network Collection Volume 2) was this amazing price - couldn't believe it.

I'm heading to the DC area for a week - hopefully I find some of these there if the prices drop. Then I'll check around Portland again late next week.

[quote name='mgreig']Which store Soulwish? The prices listed here are about what I'm seeing in Daytona/Deltona...are you finding them for less?[/QUOTE]

Vierra & Melbourne...

I found the following at the Target in Anderson, IN:

GC:
Shark Tale $13.88
Viewtiful Joe 2 $13.88
Zelda: Four Swords $34.88
POP:WW $ 20.88

Xbox:
POP: SoT $9.88

Long Beach, CA

All I was looking for was Viewtiful Joe 2 (GC), and found Def Jam: Fight for NY, NFL Street, and Bond: Everything or Nothing, all for 13.98. Alas....

went by my local target the other day, and i got very excited when i saw they had a copy of far cry (pc) on the shelf, but when i scanned it the price was $19.99. needless to say, i was very disappointed.

[quote name='letsgetacid']

Genman Onimusha guides, along with Tak and the Power of Juju are really cheap too, assuming you really WANT a guide. Why would you? We're all cheap here :)

There were some others but I can't remember EVERYTHING. Only notable ones. Everything else was pretty much garbage.[/QUOTE]

you store had an onimusha guide too? Last time I checked mine it was still sporting a shiny $9.08 price tag.

I figure they might have just skipped in recent markdowns, since its been that price for about a month.

Seems like the GC and GBA stuff is doing the clearance waltz. :)

GC

Viewtiful Joe - 13.98
Viewtiful Joe 2 - 13.98 (may have gotten the only one)
Second Sight - 9.98
NCAA Football 2005 - 13.98
NBA Street 2 - 13.98
Starsky and Hutch - 6.98
Custom Robo - 20.98
and a few others not coming to mind

GBA

Super Mario Advance 3 - 20.98 (i think)
Ice Climbers - 6.98
Dr. Mario - 6.98
several more titles
plenty of GBA videos on clearance, think they were 6.98

Columbia, SC / Two Notch

[quote name='Dogpatch']Seems like the GC and GBA stuff is doing the clearance waltz. :)

GC

Viewtiful Joe - 13.98
Viewtiful Joe 2 - 13.98 (may have gotten the only one)
Second Sight - 9.98
NCAA Football 2005 - 13.98
NBA Street 2 - 13.98
Starsky and Hutch - 6.98
Custom Robo - 20.98
and a few others not coming to mind
[/QUOTE]

Boggles the mind... that list is almost comparable to the regular GC stock at my Target (an exaggeration, but I'm sure many can relate)

For the Fort Wayne CAGs, the Maplecrest Target has large section of clearance games in the back near the bikes. There were about a 50 games there. A ton of gba and DS games. I remember seeing like 5 copies of VJ2, Metroid Prime, and custom robo for $13.98. There was one copy of Shadow Hearts Covenant for $20.

In the section over by the videos, was 5 copies of Neo Contra for $13.98. GITS was also the same price.

I might pick up a few next time they drop.

Also the Target by the mall had rain-x windshield wipers on clearance. They also had some rain-x car wash system thing on clearance, too. I'm waiting for those wipers to go down.

My local Target had Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War (Xbox PH) for $9.98. I think I picked up the last copy at the Cedar Rapids store. They also had the PH version of the first Project Gotham Racing for that price.

Yesterday at Target:

PS2 Megaman X8 $13.98 (still)
GC PoP: Warrior Within $20.98
PC Lemony Snicket $7.48 (woohoo, though Violet is scary)

Oh, and if your Target has PS2 Inuyasha and you're at all tempted...

STAY AWAY!

hehe i work at target electronics, i see wut goes on clearence here a few days before they do, so ill try to give a heads up

That's weird...no one seems to have seen these two yet.

Somewhere in Metro Detroit (I honestly don't remember which of the five or six stores we have here it was...)

Banjo Pilot - $10.xx
Grand Theft Auto Advance - $20.xx

Bangor, Maine.

PC

Brother in Arms: Road To Hill 30 (DVD Edition) -- $7.48
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (DVD Edition) -- $12.48

Needless to say, I grabbed both!! Crazy-low prices on those games.

[quote name='Drico']Bangor, Maine.

PC

Needless to say, I grabbed both!! Crazy-low prices on those games.[/QUOTE]

NICE!!:applause:

you are going to have me checking some Target's tomorrow

[quote name='Drico']Bangor, Maine.

PC

Needless to say, I grabbed both!! Crazy-low prices on those games.[/QUOTE]

Nice. Mine had both, but BiA was $20 something and Spliter Cell: Chaos Theory was $34.98.. some clearance at my Target, eh?

Target Port Arthur TX:

Gamecube:
warioware $21
Mega man anniversary collection: $21
Final Fantasy: CC: $21
Sonic Adventure DX: $10

GBA (all $21 unless specified):
Super Mario advance 2
Fire Emblem
Dr. mario $7
Ice Climbers: $7
Pac Man $7
Sonic Advance 2
Metroid Zero Mission
1080 Avalanche (I think)
Misc GBA Videos (less than 21 but cant remember exact numbers)

All PS1 games in stock (should all be $10 or less)

Misc Cheap/Unpopular ps2 and xbox games $14 and less

Atari Flashback Console $10

Picked one up for old times sake - Centipede & Asteroids :joystick: :lol:[/QUOTE]

This is going since the flashback 2 comes out the 24th, i think this one simulates the 2600.

[quote name='GundamGirl']This is going since the flashback 2 comes out the 24th, i think this one simulates the 2600.[/QUOTE]

Ya, the friggin thing is stuck at 13.98 here. Has been for weeks. Might just pick it up anyway.

[quote name='Dogpatch']Ya, the friggin thing is stuck at 13.98 here. Has been for weeks. Might just pick it up anyway.[/QUOTE]

I've picked up real working Atari 2600 systems at the local thrift store for less than $13.98 each. I wouldn't mind having a Flashback system as well, but they really do need to lower the price a bit more before I break out the cash.

Today I picked up

Crash Bandicoot 2
ATV: Quad Power Racing
Pac Man World

for 3.74 each.

I saw the Atari Flashback at 9.99 but passed today. There were a ton at the local Target so I might pick one up later

There are a couple of Mortal Kombat Deception Premium Editions at the Target in Lawrence for $20 each, I had it in my hand but then decided, I don't even really like fighting games, why amd I buying it, and put it back.

Saw at the Alhambra, ca store:
Brothers in arms: road to hill 30 PC $14.98
Fire emblem GBA 24.98

For those Hot Wheel fans, Monster Jam - Grave digger toy truck for $6.98

[quote name='videodrone']The Flashback finally fell to $9.9x here as well. It's worth it for the composite video and pause features.[/QUOTE]

I might have to go check out Target by me, would love to get one of those, just for some good times. And for $10 you can't beat it!

I was up at the South Mountain Target in Phoenix on my lunch break, and picked up Shadow Hearts: Covenant for $15. There were a couple more copies.

Today's Target finds:

GC Viewtiful Joe 2 - $13.98
PS2 Ghost in the Shell - $13.98
PS2 Megaman X8 - $13.98 (4th week at this price)
GC PoP: Warrior Within - $20.98 (still)
PC Lemony Snicket $7.48 (still)

Picked up VJ2, which wasn't there on Saturday.

My Target put out Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, 007: Everything or Nothing, and Def Jam: FFNY on clearance, Gamecube only.. dunno why, the other console versions rang up as $19.99.. anyways, those three games were at $16.98.

Just bought a copy of Devil May Cry 2 for $5 on clearance.

Other titles i noticed:
PS1 Dragonball Z $3.74
Syphon Filter 2 $3.74
Final Fantasy Tactics GH $3.74 (cracked to fuckin hell, or I would have picked it up just because)
Madden 2005 SE ~$22

And a bunch of others I can't remember or weren't worth remembering, more than usuall this time and some nice price drops too.

Searched for what seems like forever, but The FF:CC is 21.98 right now at my target. I was just wondering how often do price drops on Clearance happen? Is it random for all targets?

went to target today in Spring Valley, NY and found tons of clearance...Lots of xbox games for 4.98...OO7 eon...lemony snicket...wolfenstien, lots of the PH...cant even remember them all...the gamecube games were mostly $13.98...I Brought a gamecube/gameboy link for $4.98 and another wavebird for $14.98...was tempted to buy some xbox games just for the fact they were so cheap but when i saw how many they had i changed my mind...Only Ps2 game that stood out was Neocontra, i think...for $9.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back