Not open for further replies.

radjago

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
*Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

[quote name='ryosnk']Can you hook me up with both titles?[/QUOTE]

If I can make it back soon, and they're not gone. I'll check as soon as I can get there.

yeah, I noticed that many of the remaining crappy GBA clearence games at target locally were no longer in their system (e.g., Item not founds) ... I really didn't want them, nor the hassle of finding out that they were last $14.98 or whatever, but obviously they are only there because no one is bothering to do anything about them...

[quote name='shajek']Hit the Goodwill in South Elgin yesterday. Picked up POP:WW (GC) for 4.99, 007: EON (GC) 3.99 and a GBA Pokemon video for 2.99.

There were several copies of POP:WW and Zelda: Four Swords (6.99) still in the case.

The Super Target nearby must've dumped another batch.[/QUOTE]

Four Swords was gone when I got there, but POP:WW was still there.
Along with Madden 05, NCAA Football 05, True Crime LA and Day of Reckoning (All Gamecube)

Only Wanted Four Swords :cry:

All were $6.99.
I scored POP:WW, EON, and FF:CC last week for $4.99 at least :D

BTW, Ran thru the Goodwill in Batavia, which is right across the street from Target as well. They had Madden 05, Metroid Prime, and Intellivision lives all for $6.99.
Only one copy of each.

[quote name='ryosnk']Can you hook me up with both titles?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shajek']If I can make it back soon, and they're not gone. I'll check as soon as I can get there.[/QUOTE]

If shajek can't, I can probably stop tonight.

I work in Elgin, and take Randall on the way home.
I could possible go at lunch too.

Update:
Just found out I am being sent to the doc for my carpal tunnel, so will be across town. Will swing thru the goodwill on my way (long way of course) back to work.

Update 2:
I have an extra POP:WW for Gamecube
They had 3 left after my pickup.

My Target revamped their console aisles and now I can't find a single clearance console game. For the past few months I've found piles of games - now nothing. PC games are still there and clearanced in the same area but console games are gone.

If anyone has seen an extra copy of Final Fantasy CC for Gamecube or Zelda Four Swords for Gamecube on clearance, PM me and I could pay you to pick it up for me.

I went to the local Target tonight. Not one clearenced video game in the place, the first time ever. It sucks! Kind of takes the fun out of going there. But I did see a Magnavox DVD/VCR combo for $54.88. It rang up $27.44 when I bought it. I will give it to my lil' girl for her birthday. So it was a worthwhile trip.

Today's the first day in a while I picked up anything on clearance.

GTA Collector's Edition PC - $4.98
--GTA
--GTA: London
--GTA 2
Ice Climber GBA - $3.50
Wolverine's Revenge GBA - $3.50
HP Printer $7.50
Memorex 2GB MP3 Player - $45.04

Not sure I'm going to keep the mp3 player though.

[quote name='doubledown']I saw OBSCURE for PC for $4.98 today....almost picked it up, but I passed[/QUOTE]

Which Target? Mine had the same thing. It's been dropping for a couple weeks now.

I also saw Half-Life 2 on clearance for ~$45 at two Targets in Toledo. You guys might want to keep an eye on this one.

i picked up these a few weeks ago (Had 1st dibs cause i work at Target now)

Donkey Kong bongos GC $7.49
Def Jam: NYC GC $5.00 (2 copies)
Taiko Drum Master set $19.99

These were the marked prices and didn't include my discount.

I picked up 2 guild wars PC promo items (looks like a pre order bonus, has a lot of stuff inside)

They are up for trade, PM me if anyone wants them.

I may have to reserve one of these for a friend so i might only have one to trade.

This is for the target store in Niagara Falls, NY on niagara falls blvd. There were 2 more of these left, i left them so someone else could get them as i dont want to be accused of hoarding, heh!

[quote name='SaraAB']I picked up 2 guild wars PC promo items (looks like a pre order bonus, has a lot of stuff inside)

They are up for trade, PM me if anyone wants them.

I may have to reserve one of these for a friend so i might only have one to trade.

This is for the target store in Niagara Falls, NY on niagara falls blvd. There were 2 more of these left, i left them so someone else could get them as i dont want to be accused of hoarding, heh![/QUOTE]

What is actually in those? All three Targets near me have tons for 68 cents.

I picked mine up for .48 each.

This is what it says on the back of the box

Passcode for all beta event access
Ability to reserve your characters name
Guild Wars Poster
Sneak Preview access
Exclusive In Game Weapon
Prima event strategy booklet
E3 event music...
CD Rom includes concept art, screen shots and wallpapers

I picked up a few Target clearance deals today at the old Pinellas Park, FL store.

Def Jam: Fight for NY (NGC) $5.04
X2: Wolverine's Revenge (GBA) $3.74
Classic NES Series: Ice Climber (GBA) $4.98

Amazed they were still there since the red tag had the correct price on them. Just got Ice Climber so I can help complete my Classic NES Series of games. Only one I'm missing now is Excitebike, which was no where to be found at the Best Buy $0.99 clearance.

Not sure if they are really deals, but the Northdale Target in Tampa had Everquest 2 dvd for $14, and the Guild Wars pre-order cd for 68 cents.

[quote name='GunstarRed']I picked up a few Target clearance deals today at the old Pinellas Park, FL store.

Def Jam: Fight for NY (NGC) $5.04
X2: Wolverine's Revenge (GBA) $3.74
Classic NES Series: Ice Climber (GBA) $4.98

Amazed they were still there since the red tag had the correct price on them. Just got Ice Climber so I can help complete my Classic NES Series of games. Only one I'm missing now is Excitebike, which was no where to be found at the Best Buy $0.99 clearance.[/QUOTE]

Which Pinellas Park store...?

There is only one in Pinellas Park, and they just built it. Only other one is near the mall (which has no clearance) and one near the K-Mart that they made into a Sears Essentials down 9th street, but both of those are in Saint Petersburg... they've had that Ice Climbers there FOREVER at that price :rofl:

I went to a Goodwill 2 miles from a Target and picked up a Target red stickered Mortal Kombat Deception (GC) for $1.99! It was probably mispriced since it was with the DVD's. I also noticed about 8 copies of Madden 2005 (GC) for $9.99.

Heh, maybe this thread should start being called the Goodwill/Target Clearance Thread...

We should change the title of this thread "Goodwill games thread (once called Target clearance thread)"

On a separate note, does anyone's Target have Lost in Blue, Castlevania, or Trauma Center for DS?

[quote name='paintballers']I cant believe you actually found a target that still has it.[/QUOTE]

Theres still a couple left at the all the targets around by me. But they are on sale for $19.99 or whatever, I wish they were $13 over here because I would of picked up 2 of them.

[quote name='Prepster']Theres still a couple left at the all the targets around by me. But they are on sale for $19.99 or whatever, I wish they were $13 over here because I would of picked up 2 of them.[/QUOTE]

I picked up two (@ 12.98) at my target--I use one with my cell phone in the car. I like it better than anything else tried with it...go figure.

I went to the target in Janzen Beach in OR to get Socom 3 the other day, I saw only 2 games Viewtiful joe for GC for $9.99 and MK Decetion for $19.99

Interesting . . . a load of Target games (GC mostly) poured into Goodwill today . . . stuff like MegaMan anthology, FF Crystal, Tak 2. Tons of stuff, all priced $9.99 :whistle2:( . . . fuck I didn't want to pay that much at Target either.

Anyway, they showed up after weeks of being pulled

Just left the Target in Taunton, MA. Nothing at all there. I was really hoping for a Wavebird :( . I guess I'll go see if any have been traded in at the local GS or EB.

RC

Yeah the city's a mess with road blocks. The dam has held up but who knows, it's 100 years old and made out of wood. I'm up high and out of the danger zone.

RC

[quote name='schultzed']Interesting . . . a load of Target games (GC mostly) poured into Goodwill today . . . stuff like MegaMan anthology, FF Crystal, Tak 2. Tons of stuff, all priced $9.99 :whistle2:( . . . fuck I didn't want to pay that much at Target either.

Anyway, they showed up after weeks of being pulled[/QUOTE]

My Goodwill in freakin' insane, I go one day and they have new GC games for 9.99....then I go next week and they have sold the 9.99 ones and they have new ones and GBA games for 4.99.

o_O

Oh well, Got Viewtiful Joe 2 (GC) and Yoshi's Island (GBA) for 4.99 each, so I can't complain.

[quote name='Cmosfm']My Goodwill in freakin' insane, I go one day and they have new GC games for 9.99....then I go next week and they have sold the 9.99 ones and they have new ones and GBA games for 4.99.

o_O

Oh well, Got Viewtiful Joe 2 (GC) and Yoshi's Island (GBA) for 4.99 each, so I can't complain.[/QUOTE]

Crap! Yoshi for $5 . . . very cool.

By its nature, Goodwill is insane and prices vary wildly. Sometimes good and sometimes bad. That's part of why I love stopping there . . . its not just shopping, its an adventure.

[quote name='schultzed']Crap! Yoshi for $5 . . . very cool.

By its nature, Goodwill is insane and prices vary wildly. Sometimes good and sometimes bad. That's part of why I love stopping there . . . its not just shopping, its an adventure.[/QUOTE]

Last time I was in there, someone was buying a "As Is" 17" Flat Panel LCD TV for 199.99. I really felt sorry for the guy, knowing the finnicky nature of LCD screens, the likelyhood of it being broken out of the box and him out of 200.00 was pretty high.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, $7.54 at the Target on Garners Ferry in Columbia, SC. only one, and it was on a shelf in the back, really random, but i picked i up. $7.99 with tax.

Here's my latest adventure to Target ...

After the wife tried to find some appealing maternity wear, we walked over to the video games section.

A female employee in her 40s was stocking games. She was sitting on the floor and pulling video games out of a standard box.

I was behind her left shoulder by about 8 feet.

I asked politely, "Ma'am, do you have any clearance games?"

She mumbled something to the floor.

Since I was standing up straight, I bent over a little and repeated my question.

Without changing her posture, she repeated something to the floor.

At that point and time, I got within 3 feet of her and repeated my question.

She raised her head, didn't look in my direction, vaguely motioned a few aisles down and said, "If we have anything, they'll be down there."

"Stellar" attitude for employees. Ignorant and annoyed.

I looked at the clearance aisle end. It looked like everything was piled up with no particular attempt to organize.

It shows a lot of pride in your workplace.

I walked back over to the new games Ms. Personality was unloading.

There were several copies of Paper Mario, Xenosaga II and many other good games. I pulled out a copy of Xenosaga II and couldn't find a price on it. I put it back. I pulled out a copy of Paper Mario and couldn't find a price on it either. I put it back. I looked all over the display for some sign of a price. No luck.

I posed the obvious question: "How much are these games?"

She told the floor, "Oh, they're all sorts of prices."

That was enough for me. We left without anything.

I can't say it's the first time I've encountered the pissfully ignorant type of Target employee, but it may well be my last.

Wow, it's pretty rare I encounter a rude Target employee. I'd complain and get her ass fired. Seriously, most Target slaves I run into are hopped up on caffeine and diet pills and willing to bend over backwards to find you what you need.

All the clearance games at the Dekalb, IL target are gone.
They had one endcap, but it had a bit of everything on it. Nothing discounted when I scanned.

So I left to go check out the xbox 360 at walmart. :)

cheapest clearance game I have seen yet at Target....Wolverine's Revenge for GBA $1.48 (90% off the $14.99 orig price?).

I thought Target pretty much donated everything to Salvation Army after the 75% rate...probably better for them to take the tax advantage at that point...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back