Staff member
Feedback
122 (100%)
Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

[quote name='Roufuss']Was it a universal drop? I know of a K-Mart that actually had a few in stock.[/quote]

no, just a store-by-store thing. but it's safe to say that if something gets lowered at one Target, it will most likely be lowered at other, just not at the same time. KMart's a whole different thing, though i'm sure it'll be marked down there as well, and soon.

[quote name='topnotch97']wow. lucky find on metroid :gba:[/quote]
If you talking about the classic nes series my tru has shitload of them for $6

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat 13.74

Mega Man Anniversary Collection 4.98

A big thanx to all CAG's:applause:

They still have 2 more Donkey Kongs and another Mega Man.

Dynasty Warriors GBA 4.98. Dr Mario/Another puzzle game 7.48(about 4-5)

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory XB 4.98(a few of these)

City of Industry/Hacienda Heights

Picked up :gba:Kingdom Hearts Chain Of Memories for $4.98 Does anyone think it will drop any further? I stashed another one hoping for a lower drop.

[quote name='shiningslade']Picked up :gba:Kingdom Hearts Chain Of Memories for $4.98 Does anyone think it will drop any further? I stashed another one hoping for a lower drop.[/quote]

Dang. Wish any of the Targets around here had it for that :(

SI

[quote name='shiningslade']Picked up :gba:Kingdom Hearts Chain Of Memories for $4.98 Does anyone think it will drop any further? I stashed another one hoping for a lower drop.[/quote]

If the last number in the clearence price is a 8 then it can drop again (to $2.54), but unfortunately it won't drop unless they can get there hands on it to scan it come markdown day, so if you have it hidden somewhere waiting for it to drop, it will just go out of the system.

If I'm not mistaken, the original price for this is $19.99, so you already got the 75% off clearance price. That's usually the maximum discount before it goes out of their system.

[quote name='royal']If the last number in the clearence price is a 8 then it can drop again (to $2.54), but unfortunately it won't drop unless they can get there hands on it to scan it come markdown day, so if you have it hidden somewhere waiting for it to drop, it will just go out of the system.[/quote] I don't think that's true, since I hid it when it was scanning $9.98 ,There were no other copies anywhere. It's up for trade as well if anyone is interested.:cool: I'm looking for Minish Cap.

[quote name='shiningslade']I don't think that's true, since I hid it when it was scanning $9.98 ,There were no other copies anywhere. It's up for trade as well if anyone is interested.:cool: I'm looking for Minish Cap.[/quote]

Actually it is true, cause i do it myself. it will drop to 75% when hidden, but after that they need to actually scan the item for it to drop to the final clearence price (which will end in a 4). If you can be bothered, the trick is to put it back out in sight at closing time the night before they are gonna do the drop, and then go back first thing in the morning and it will have dropped again. Of cause then you risk the chance of an employee buying it, but nothing is lost cause it will just go out of the system if you keep it hidden. I did this with Infected for PSP, it dropped up to 75% while hidden to $9.99, then I checked it everytime I went in there and it kept scanning $9.99, then about a month after it went out of there system. So I put it back out and I happened to be going there the next morning and it had a $5.04 sticker on it. :)

[quote name='shiningslade']How often do they do price drops at Target?[/quote]
They usually drop in 2-3 week intervals. They can drop to 50% in 2 weeks (depending on what day they put out the clearence games) and to 75% in about 2 or 3 weeks. It's not every week, cause i'm usually in there at least once a week and i've noticed it can takes 2-3 weeks per price drop. I just got WarioWare Twisted for $7.48 and that had been on a clearence shelf for $14.98 for about 3 weeks. Monday's is when the games get dropped.

Found one that had a stack of dr.mario and phantasia gba games, and COD guides, but that was pretty much it. No luck finding anything else.

so anyone been to Target?

has anyone notice on price drops on titles such as Battalion Wars, Fire Emblem, Chibi Robo, yet?

Picked up the Silver 360 faceplate today for $4.74 at the Sterling, VA Target. I was going to wait to get it as they had a bunch the other day, but today there were only 2 left. The Chantilly Target still has them for $13.xx clearance.

I got Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow for $2.48

And that is IT. Damn there was nothing. What is the most I should pay for Phantasia.

To guy above me: A target near me had them marked to 13 a while ago. Maybe they dropped again!

I stopped by at a Target this evening, and they had a section for the Wii already.

one aisle is like a Nintendo aisle. you've got DS and GBA on one end. then the accessories at the middle, then comes the GC section. then finally a display board of people playing Wii. should have taken a picture, probably other locations would have it soon.

i picked up tales of phantasia today for $8 or so. i dont remeber the price. thanks guys for updating. it was the last one tho...sawgrass mall target in south florida has a whole bunch of max payne 2s for $3 and some radiata stories for 15 if anybody was intrested, just trying to inform ;]

Radiata for 15 you say...I have been waiting for a good deal. Will have to check my local store out. It would be great to get it for around $8.

[quote name='MisterNewGuy']i went to 2 targets.. both had crap.. i got GUN for 9.99 on ps2, i doubt thats a deal. chicago sucks. :([/QUOTE]

It's not a bad price, but 2-3 weeks ago you could have scored it for $5 at CC; labor day sale I believe.

I saw several new PC double-packs of the jewel-case games priced at $10. One was Syberia I and II, which is a pretty good deal for PC adventure gamers out there. It's not clearance, but I thought it was a nice find.

there is a bestbuy right next to target in evanston, illinois. i got, prince of persia battles for 9.99(NDS) and unreal tournament 2 for 4.98(XBOX)
i know this is target thread but they are next to eachother!!! they only had 2 copies of each.

cheers. going to check out the KB sale, sears sale, and whatever else i can this week. good luck to all.

[quote name='nwaugh']I saw several new PC double-packs of the jewel-case games priced at $10. One was Syberia I and II, which is a pretty good deal for PC adventure gamers out there. It's not clearance, but I thought it was a nice find.[/QUOTE]

My Target has Syberia II for 4.98...might be cheaper since they drop the prices on monday...I should go check it out........

Today I picked up:

X3: Reunion - PC, $4.98. Been looking at this one for a while, since I like me some space sims...but the price was too high. I'll try it for $5 though. ;)

[quote name='darkwingduck13']Today I picked up:

X3: Reunion - PC, $4.98. Been looking at this one for a while, since I like me some space sims...but the price was too high. I'll try it for $5 though. ;)[/QUOTE]

Cough...STARFORCE...cough cough

Worth it to get it off steam just to avoid Starforce.

I got Syberia 2 today for 2.48, but I just realized that it too might have starforce...internet searches reveal that SOME versions of the game do have it, but I have no way to find out if this one does or not.

My Target in Auburn, AL had 2 30' inch CRT Widescreen Philips TVs for $350. I wanted to grab it so bad, but I don't have the cash.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Cough...STARFORCE...cough cough

Worth it to get it off steam just to avoid Starforce.

I got Syberia 2 today for 2.48, but I just realized that it too might have starforce...internet searches reveal that SOME versions of the game do have it, but I have no way to find out if this one does or not.[/quote]

i thought a removal tool got released, which could purge SF from your PC.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']My Target has Syberia II for 4.98...might be cheaper since they drop the prices on monday...I should go check it out........[/quote]
My target also had this for $2.48 (just marked down today), and a lot of other games (like Sudoku) were $2.48 as well.

[quote name='munch']My Target in Auburn, AL had 2 30' inch CRT Widescreen Philips TVs for $350. I wanted to grab it so bad, but I don't have the cash.[/QUOTE]

Were these HDTV's?

[quote name='allyourblood']i thought a removal tool got released, which could purge SF from your PC.[/QUOTE]

You thought right, which is why I still paid the $4.98 for X3: Reunion. :D

[quote name='pimpinc333']Damn thats a great price.[/quote]

How much do they typically cost? I saw the same model, but wasn't sure how great a deal it was.

[quote name='onikage']How much do they typically cost? I saw the same model, but wasn't sure how great a deal it was.[/QUOTE]

I think its the same one at Walmart for about 550-600. Is it On Sale or Clearance at Target for 350.00? Or is 350.00 the original price.

[quote name='pimpinc333']I think its the same one at Walmart for about 550-600. Is it On Sale or Clearance at Target for 350.00? Or is 350.00 the original price.[/quote]

Clearance - from $700, but I'm not sure how long ago it would have really sold for full price.

I'm pretty sure that TV is a great deal. There are 2 left at mine. I was trying to convince my wife that we needed one at $350, but it was a no go. If it were to go down again to $175, there would be no conversation about it.

[quote name='munch']I'm pretty sure that TV is a great deal. There are 2 left at mine. I was trying to convince my wife that we needed one at $350, but it was a no go. If it were to go down again to $175, there would be no conversation about it.[/QUOTE]

LOL Yea Thanks for the heads up guys. I'm gonna go check it out tomorrow before work. Thanks Again.

i was at Target San Mateo today, they had Mega Man Annic Collection with a white sticker priced of.... $19.99 :shock:

I was at the Target on 38th St. in Indy again today, price adjusting my Halloween decorations that went on sale this week (I got $13+ back) and they still don't have any clearance games except for some lame PC games. Dunno why this Target never seems to have any clearance games...maybe there's a flea market dealer that shops there and buys them up or something.

if i remember correctly from browsing my local target tonight:

Star Wars Battlefront (PC) $4.98
Tycoon City New York (PC) $4.98
Quake IV (PC) $7.48
The Incredibles: When Danger Calls (PC/Mac) $3.74

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back