Staff member
Feedback
122 (100%)
Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

A few more prices....
I picked up Tony Hawk American Wasteland (PC) for 4.98.

Also saw Doom3, XMen Legends 2, Gun and King Kong for PC for the same price.
Also a bunch of jewel case games for 2.48, including Rollercoaster Tycoon Deluxe.

Was at the Target today in Exton, PA. A LOT of clearanced items some highlights:

Asphalt Urban GT (DS)- $2.48 Gonna use one of these for the 3/$10 trade in at Gamestop.
Dungeons and Dragon Online (PC) - $7.98
X3: The Threat (PC)- $4.48
X-Men Legends (PC) - $4.48
Rome: Barbarian Invasion (PC) - $9.98
Brother In Arms - $4.48

A bunch of the Value softwarer was $2.48.

Snagged the Last Dynasty Warriors ($4.98) and Tales of Phantasia ($7.48) at the Wheaton, IL location, as well as a Ridge Racer DS ($4.98) in DeKalb. Not too shabby.

I went to buy the two Donkey Kongas with Bongos I saw over the weekend but they were both gone today.:( I asked to have Pokemon Leaf Green GBA scanned but the employee was very rude gave me a hard time about the price already being on the game when I told her I heard the game was on sale she went to the register and checked a list they had under the desk and said that was not the one on sale she refused to open the glass case for me. First time that has ever happened to me.

[quote name='Number83']Was at the Target today in Exton, PA. A LOT of clearanced items some highlights:

Asphalt Urban GT (DS)- $2.48 Gonna use one of these for the 3/$10 trade in at Gamestop.
Dungeons and Dragon Online (PC) - $7.98
X3: The Threat (PC)- $4.48
X-Men Legends (PC) - $4.48
Rome: Barbarian Invasion (PC) - $9.98
Brother In Arms - $4.48

A bunch of the Value softwarer was $2.48.[/QUOTE]

I got BIA:EIB last week from Target for $5 also, but when I installed it I realized it has Starforce just like X3. You may want to be careful about actually installing them.

How do you guys do it? :bomb:

I have been to my target many times. But they have all the ps2,xbox, and GC games behind the glass with the always same prices. I never see a "Sale" or "Clearence" tag on them. So how do you guys get these deals from target. How do you find out the clearence price of those games.

I have been to target many times but never bought a single game because of their price. I never see anything onsale or clearence either :cry:

[quote name='jalu6']I got BIA:EIB last week from Target for $5 also, but when I installed it I realized it has Starforce just like X3. You may want to be careful about actually installing them.[/quote]

Good Point! I knew that they had Starforce (See my Sig), so I didn't purchase them. Glad that you reminded me to spread the word.

Thanks!

I bought the Taiko Drum game for like $4 total but I didn't see the drum set. It was opened and had a piece of clear tape on it. The lady asked me if I was sure if I wanted it because it clearly had been opened, but if I found it was messed up they wouldn't take it back. Told her it was only $4 and took it, but it turned out to be prefect inside.

I went back a week later and the drums were there so I grabbed them too for $9.99.

[quote name='gandhrav']How do you guys do it? :bomb:

I have been to my target many times. But they have all the ps2,xbox, and GC games behind the glass with the always same prices. I never see a "Sale" or "Clearence" tag on them. So how do you guys get these deals from target. How do you find out the clearence price of those games.

I have been to target many times but never bought a single game because of their price. I never see anything onsale or clearence either :cry:[/quote]

They're usually on endcaps, mixed in with other clearance items. For example, in Exton, they were on the endcaps in the Book Department. There is also a clearance rack in Electronics. Look for the red tags!

[quote name='gandhrav']How do you guys do it? :bomb:
I have been to target many times but never bought a single game because of their price. I never see anything onsale or clearence either :cry:[/quote]

Ask for a price check noob! The price tag doesn't mean the game is at that price.

[quote name='CGH']I went to buy the two Donkey Kongas with Bongos I saw over the weekend but they were both gone today.:( I asked to have Pokemon Leaf Green GBA scanned but the employee was very rude gave me a hard time about the price already being on the game when I told her I heard the game was on sale she went to the register and checked a list they had under the desk and said that was not the one on sale she refused to open the glass case for me. First time that has ever happened to me.[/QUOTE]

Just tell her you want to buy it. Then if it rings up high, you change your mind.
They wouldn't refuse a sale would they?

Finally...Target # 1 in Roseville MN finally put Fantastic Four GC for $4.98. Wasn't it $4.98 like 2 weeks ago in other parts of the U.S.?

If you find Syberia II and like adventure games, get it. It does not have starforce, at least not the jewel case version published by XS. I don't think any versions since the Adventure Company published versions have had starforce, and possibly none of the US versions, according to my extensive research.

Too bad after installing the game I found it dry, uneventful, and boring, but this kind of adventure game is like a really long book...it takes a while before it gets started.

[quote name='darkwingduck13']You thought right, which is why I still paid the $4.98 for X3: Reunion. :D[/quote]

Why couldent someone have told this before? I passed up Freedom Force vs the Second Force for $3.48 because of this, and I really wanted to play it :cry:

[quote name='fatbollet']picked up DDR Extreme bundle for $14.98.[/QUOTE]

Extreme, or Extreme 2?

[quote name='fatbollet']picked up DDR Extreme bundle for $14.98.[/quote]

That would explain why all those bundles suddenly disappear this week at my store.:cry:

Is Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix included in this sale? How about Donkey Konga 2? My Target had all these games in stock when I went last weekend today they were all gone.

[quote name='csidegamer']Just tell her you want to buy it. Then if it rings up high, you change your mind.
They wouldn't refuse a sale would they?[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the advice I will do that if it happens again.:)

[quote name='fatbollet']The first DDR extreme - green box.[/quote]

I suppose you didn't see anymore that you could ship out to other CAGs...

[quote name='CGH']Is Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix included in this sale? How about Donkey Konga 2? My Target had all these games in stock when I went last weekend today they were all gone.

Thank you for the advice I will do that if it happens again.:)[/quote]

You should have bought Mario Mix, it's worth quite a bit and is a toughie to find.

Lucky I scored last copy Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA) $8. Also, Pickup Champion of Narrah: Return to Arms for Trade (Yeap, Champion of Norrah 2 is start getting RARE). I did seen few copies Tales of Phantasia left. (Great Land Target in Independence of Missouri).

[quote name='Rozz']You should have bought Mario Mix, it's worth quite a bit and is a toughie to find.[/QUOTE]

They had three or four DDRMM they were all gone as were all the Donkey Konga 1 and 2 with bongos if only I had known. Today I went to the Target where I found Tales of Phantasia the store had been cleaned out this time.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I wonder Mario Mix is worth $40 plus taxes or should i wait for CC clearance out for ................. ????[/quote]
i'd buy it before you can't find it

[quote name='MisterNewGuy']i would like the one in the green box.[/QUOTE]
I would like 10 million dollars and a Nintendo World Championship gold cart.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Lucky I scored last copy Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA) $8. Also, Pickup Champion of Narrah: Return to Arms for Trade (Yeap, Champion of Norrah 2 is start getting RARE). I did seen few copies Tales of Phantasia left. (Great Land Target in Independence of Missouri).[/quote]

Aw man. I've never seen a copy of Minish Cap but I never checked Independence :(

SI

I picked up a copy of Doom 3 for 4.98 and an Atari Compilation for 2.98. I am not a big into PC Gaming but for 8 bucks after taxes its worth a shot.

I'm not sure if it's a clearance or Platinum Hits, but Doom 3: CE for Xbox is $19.99, and the silver 360 faceplates are $4.74 at my Target. Obviously, YMMV.

I found copies of Mario Tennis: PT and Mario Party Advance at one of the Raleigh, NC stores, but haven't been able to find a $7.48 WarioWare. If anyone has an extra I would trade one of the 2 GBA games for it.

[quote name='JJSP']I'm not sure if it's a clearance or Platinum Hits, but Doom 3: CE for Xbox is $19.99, and the silver 360 faceplates are $4.74 at my Target. Obviously, YMMV.[/quote]

I picked up the silver faceplate for $4.74 at Pacoima target

First of all, I'd like to thank whoever suggested going to Target on Mondays to look for the clearance deals. Usually I go later in the week, but I went yesterday after work and hit the motherload. Below is what I picked up.

"Donkey Konga 2" with bongos :gc: $19.99
"Mario Tennis: Power Tour" :gba: $3.74
"Drill Dozer" :gba: $3.74
"Dr. Mario/Puzzle League" :gba: $3.74
"World Tour Soccer: 2006" :ps2: $3.74 (I have since learned that this is a horrible game. I just bought it because I plan on getting a PS2 soon and wanted to build my library)

[quote name='tickdude']Finally...Target # 1 in Roseville MN finally put Fantastic Four GC for $4.98. Wasn't it $4.98 like 2 weeks ago in other parts of the U.S.?[/quote]

It was still ringing up $15 here...I keep scanning it every couple weeks. They have 3 or 4 copies on the clearance rack. I'm waiting for the magic $5 price.

I know there are a few CAGers in Louisville. Hurstbourne location had 1 silver faceplate left last night at close for $4.74.

I know that isn't much, but it may help someone.

[quote name='Corvin']I know there are a few CAGers in Louisville. Hurstbourne location had 1 silver faceplate left last night at close for $4.74.

I know that isn't much, but it may help someone.[/quote]

They also had one or two of these at the Target by Jefferson Mall as well.

got back from target, found a copy of Soul Calibur 2 non-gh for $3.74, and 2 copies of Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence guides for $3.98ea. I had the guy scan DDRE2 and it wasnt on sale, i thought it was though. Is the DDR Ultramix on sale by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back