Staff member
Feedback
122 (100%)
Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Mine still has a whole bunch of them. Even has a big "15% off" sign sitting right in front of them. Also has some Hylian Shield/Master Swords, though they're only clearanced at $27.95.

My dad found a Weezer guitar for me. It was out of the system (rang up $0) so the cashier sold it to him for 90% off. So I got an autographed Weezer guitar for $20. Definite YMMV. My brother also found a Weezer guitar for me in Ohio for $50, as I had him looking too. I'll open one to play and display one. Most of the Target stores I've been to lately have now donated these guitars to charity or whatever it is they're doing with them if they didn't sell. Some of them never offered them for less than $100.

Just to let you guys know I found a Weezer guitar for $55 at one Goodwill and snagged it. When I went to another Goodwill they had about 10 Weezer and 10 Falloutboy and some American Rejects ones but were charging $75 and used black marker to write $75 all over those muthafukas.

[quote name='foofoofiifoo']Any more feedback on the Optimus Primes?[/quote]

Chances are that most if not all targets are all sold out of Optimus Primes by now seeing how once they hit around 18 bucks like last week :cry: sadly I miss out on this deal as well.

[quote name='evachrono']Chances are that most if not all targets are all sold out of Optimus Primes by now seeing how once they hit around 18 bucks like last week :cry: sadly I miss out on this deal as well.[/quote] Different stores are on different markdown cycles. I checked it out the other day because they had a few left and they were only 30% off. Which means it will be 50% next week at the store I went to and 70% the week after. If they have them left still it would 90% and pulled for goodwill...

In general markdowns seem to be stretch over a 4 week roving period. Around me super targets are the last to drop and the 2 run down stores closer to town drop first. After a few weeks you can normally figure out which ones in your area to hit.

[quote name='kjauburn']Different stores are on different markdown cycles. I checked it out the other day because they had a few left and they were only 30% off. Which means it will be 50% next week at the store I went to and 70% the week after. If they have them left still it would 90% and pulled for goodwill...

In general markdowns seem to be stretch over a 4 week roving period. Around me super targets are the last to drop and the 2 run down stores closer to town drop first. After a few weeks you can normally figure out which ones in your area to hit.[/quote]

Usually, this is true and is something I count on. The Targets here (Orange County, CA) have done something different for this year's Christmas and toy clearance.

Usually, all the stores are on their own cycles and the Xmas toy clearance can stretch all through January. Not this year. They all went from 30% to 50% to 75% on the same days, and the entire clearance cycle was shortened. There's only dregs left now.

I've never seen all the stores move together like this, but they did. I guess they decided to move it all quickly this year.

Also, weirdly, certain toys stayed at 30% off, until everything went to 75% off and then they joined them. I can only thank Target, since I got several things at 75% off that probably would have moved at 50, but were never discounted at that rate.

This is only true for Christmas items and toys. The guitars and Zelda sets are on the typical Target cycle. But Optimus Prime was a toy.

Might be worth mentioning that Targets are currently clearancing out their old stock of candles/incence to make room for new styles. Both of my Targets had endcaps of candles at varying percentages off. Picked up some 24 packs of incense for 22 cents a piece and also a 40 pack of incense for 74 cents.

Saw a whole slew of new clearance games today:

Luigi's Mansion - $13.98
Kirby Airride - $13.98
Sonic Advance 3 - $13.98
Morrowind - $6.98 (this might not be new but I hadn't seen it there before)

Went to go get kitty litter that was on sale and decided to check out the clearance end cap. To my suprise there was a shiny Taiko Drum Master for $6.98. Also saw the following for $13.98:

- Mario Toadstool Golf (NGC)
- Kirby Air Ride (NGC)
- Metroid Prime 2 (NGC)
- MX vs. ATV Unleashed (Xbox)
- Tony Hawk Underground 2 (PS2)
- ACE Combat (GBA)

There were also a few $6.98 games, but the only one I remember is Tekken 5 (PS2)

I need some opinions/reviews, any of these worth picking up??

$7.50 - Tomb Raider - Legend, Quake 4, DreamFall - Longest Journey

$5 - Empires - Dawn of Modern World, Nibiru - Age of Secrets, Nancy Drew double pack adventures. (HAHA)

[quote name='JokerCard']My target still has the taiko drum master set for $9.99

I also saw some Zelda marked down to $19.99

Anyone know when they mark down the prices, i remember someone said on certain days.....

Anyways, picked up a bunch of cheap action figures in the toy aisle...[/QUOTE]

Electronics markdown is Monday, but some can be done late Friday if they have time. BTW, Zelda swords 19.98 and TH Skateboard bundle 44.98 are final markdowns, after that they will be shipped out to goodwill or whatever, FYI.

Just got Diablo II and Diablo II Expansion for $4.98 each. I saw these last week for $10 each but decided to pass on it. I couldn't believe they were still there!

I went today and saw the following

Lunar Dragon Song DS $19.99
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl GBA $6.98
Final Fantasy 1 & 2 Dawn of Souls $20.98
Pacman Collection GBA $9.98

I found an iPod Hi-fi (Apple's stereo system for iPods) on clearance a few days ago at my Target for 30% off. That makes it $244 instead of $349, but it's still way too expensive for me. At 75% off or so, though, I'd definitely want to pick it up. Have we decided that there is any particular schedule to the mark-downs? When would be a good time to check back, and can I expect it to go to 50% and then 75%?

Mill Plain Vancouver, WA has Taiko drum for 6.98, one left

fun game at that price!

I also picked up the last Zelda shield, was marked at $27.98, rang up 19.99

[quote name='icruise']I found an iPod Hi-fi (Apple's stereo system for iPods) on clearance a few days ago at my Target for 30% off. That makes it $244 instead of $349, but it's still way too expensive for me. At 75% off or so, though, I'd definitely want to pick it up. Have we decided that there is any particular schedule to the mark-downs? When would be a good time to check back, and can I expect it to go to 50% and then 75%?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my Target had 4 of them marked the same. When those get another discount I'll be all over that. If you haven't heard one in person they are awesome.

Also, Nancy Drew was still $11 at my Target, I kind of was hoping it would drop more, my girlfriend loves those Nancy Drew games.

I'll have to see if the Mario Golf TT is on sale, I really want to get that. ;)

[quote name='blackandbluehero']...BTW, Zelda swords 19.98 and TH Skateboard bundle 44.98 are final markdowns, after that they will be shipped out to goodwill or whatever, FYI.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I was just in a Kmart near Hayward, CA, and couldn't decide if I should buy the Zelda sword/shield set for $19.98. Since there's nothing to wait for, I guess if I go by there again I'll just pick one up.

[quote name='blackandbluehero']Electronics markdown is Monday, but some can be done late Friday if they have time. BTW, Zelda swords 19.98 and TH Skateboard bundle 44.98 are final markdowns, after that they will be shipped out to goodwill or whatever, FYI.[/quote]

Hey how do you know for sure these are the final markdowns???

I thought it had to end it xx.x4 on xx.x8 to be the final markdown.

I'll have to see if the Mario Golf TT is on sale, I really want to get that.

The Target here in Harrionburg, VA, has at least 25 copies of this on clearence fro $13.98 or something. Star Fox Assault, Pikmin 2, Kirby Air Ride, and Harvest Moon are the same price, as are some other GC/PS2/Xbox games. I'm waiting to see if they drop even more though.

Oh, for whatever reason this Target has copies of Advance Wars Dual Strike and Kirby Canvas Curse for $20, and not on clearence, either. I have no idea where they came from, because they haven't always been there and I thought both games were out of production.

Also, there was one copy of Wario Ware Touched behind the case, but it was behind the sticker for Eragon which said $29.99. So I asked the electronics guy to scan it, and it wasn't in the computer any more so he said if I checked back in a couple of days it would be selling on clearence, or I could buy it right then and there from him for $29.99. Since I already own the game, I didn't buy it and took my chances with clearence, but I haven't seen it since I've been back.

[quote name='Melatonin']Oh, for whatever reason this Target has copies of Advance Wars Dual Strike and Kirby Canvas Curse for $20, and not on clearence, either. I have no idea where they came from, because they haven't always been there and I thought both games were out of production.
[/QUOTE]
I think that's a universal price drop.

As far as the Autograph Guitar Clearance goes; those who still had them high priced in store, auctions on ShopGoodwill are ending between 30 and 60, with ~$15 shipping. I snagged a Brian Bell for $60 shipped.

Thanks for the info about those auctions, I'll be watching them to see if they add an All American Rejects one at a good price since they I never saw them in Target after 30% off.

Sorry I haven't read all of the pages here but I wanted to let people know that I picked up Taiko Drum Master for $6.98. At that price I figured my $5 giftcard made it more than a wise pick up :)

[quote name='blackandbluehero']TH Skateboard bundle 44.98 are final markdowns, after that they will be shipped out to goodwill or whatever, FYI.[/quote]

You sure about that? 44.98 is 50% off. By my caluculations, there should be one more drop to 75% before they're sent to Goodwill.

[quote name='Captain Wrong']You sure about that? 44.98 is 50% off. By my caluculations, there should be one more drop to 75% before they're sent to Goodwill.[/quote]

That's what I thought. Anybody know for sure?

It depends on the store and item. I know for a fact that sometimes things skip the 75% off stage and go right to salvage...I had a friend on the pricing team for over two years that helped me watch the system.

passed up on the guitars, the All American Rjects and the Fall Out Boy, just couldn't justify them, even at that price.

But there are 3 of these if you're looking for one. 2 rejects and a fall out boy. Somersworth NH

I want to learn how to play guitar, and this seems like the perfect opportunity. Are the Fall Out Boy and All-American Rejects versions decent guitars, and if so, is $50 a justifiable price (even if I hate Fall Out Boy)? Would I be better off trying to find something else?

Fullerton, CA (57 and Yorba Linda) has a TON of those PS2 THP8 skateboard combos left. The Zelda shield and scroll set is +/- $14, I believe.

They've also got a few random games clearanced at 13.98, including Baten Kaitos (GC), Luigi's Mansion (13.98), Burnout 3 (XB), Fight Night Round 2 (PS2), and a few others.

Yo! I scored a copy of Wario Ware Touched! at Target on friday night for $24.48. They still have 2 copies sitting there too.

They still had 8 Zelda packs for $20.

Worst part was I went in looking for the Mario Golf TT and right before I got to it some other dude picked it up with his little kid. His kid didn't want it but he did. It was the last one too. Oh well, still a couple other Targets in the area I can check.

They also had plenty of the Tony Hawk Skateboards and two of the All American Reject Guitars, still priced at over $120.

[quote name='HyundaiJVX']Yo! I scored a copy of Wario Ware Touched! at Target on friday night for $24.48. They still have 2 copies sitting there too.[/quote]

Which one??

I got a basketball goal on clearance for 60 bucks yesterday (the 54" one that is usually 229.99) and a set of table tennis stuff (paddles, balls, new net) for 7.48. Also foosball tables were on clearance for 84.99 (they had plenty at the green road and super target so when they hit 75 there is a good chance you can get one if looking for a table).

Lots of sports stuff seems to be on clearance at Targets in my area, video games not so much.

May go out guitar shopping later to see if I can get lucky, but I doubt it.

[quote name='Brainwave0']Which one??[/QUOTE]

It's in North Dallas. Off of Northwest Highway and Skillman.

Very weird Target, when you walk in everything is on the left, studies show customers normally walk to the right after entering a store and I never really thought it was true until I walked into that Target.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I got a basketball goal on clearance for 60 bucks yesterday (the 54" one that is usually 229.99) and a set of table tennis stuff (paddles, balls, new net) for 7.48. Also foosball tables were on clearance for 84.99 (they had plenty at the green road and super target so when they hit 75 there is a good chance you can get one if looking for a table).

Lots of sports stuff seems to be on clearance at Targets in my area, video games not so much.

May go out guitar shopping later to see if I can get lucky, but I doubt it.[/quote]

Guitars have gone salvage at the Brier Creek target and I didn't see any the last time I was at the Beaver Creek (Apex) Target.

[quote name='Greetard']I want to learn how to play guitar, and this seems like the perfect opportunity. Are the Fall Out Boy and All-American Rejects versions decent guitars, and if so, is $50 a justifiable price (even if I hate Fall Out Boy)? Would I be better off trying to find something else?[/QUOTE]

From what I hear, they are basically a $100 electric guitar. So, if you can get one for $50 to learn on, it's a pretty good deal. I got the Amer Rejects one just for that reason. I could care less about the signature or box etc, but I thought the AR one was cleaner/nicer than the Fallout one. I also hated the gold plating on the fallout one. My preference would have been:

1. Kiss (Impossible to find at Targets)
2. Weezer (Very nice looking guitar)
3. American Rejects (Clean/nice looking)
4. Fallout Boy (Ugly @ss guitar)

Clarksville, TN

I picked up Titan Quest for 7.48 and Metroid Prime 2 for 13.98.

They had a few copies of MP2 left and one copy of Titan Quest. They also had a bunch of copies of GC Kirby Air Ride, GC Star Fox Assault, PS2 T.H.U.G. 2 for 13.98.

My Target has a TON of Tony Hawk skateboards/ games for $44.98. I counted at least 25. They also had a few marked down clearance games including Xenosaga II for $6.98 and Mortal Kombat:Armageddon for $10.48. I picked up a copy of X II and left one there.

Jersey City NJ

THP8 Deck/PS2 Combos - $44.98 and there were a ton of them
Scene It Jr - 7.24 a ton of them
Operation Desert Storm XBX - 6.98 Quite a few
Baten Kaitos (GC), MX v ATV (XBX) - 13.98 two of each

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back