Staff member
Feedback
122 (100%)
Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

If your local Target never has jack, you might still want to swing by and check the clearance section for the recent drops. My Target never even has the normal sale items and yet today there were multiple copies of FFI-II (about $21), Zoo Keeper ($10.50), Sonic 3 ($14), and Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubador ($18).

Oh, and as for my earlier question about whether you can still get a refund on a Zelda sword/shield at full price: you can, it is just considered a normal item at Target. They won't let you re-buy the same one though so I had to buy one for $20, remove the clearance tag, and return it with my old receipt in order to keep the one I originally bought.

I also saw Mega Man Zero 4 for $9.98.

I saw Donkey Kong King of Swing in the clearence section before, but without a sticker. I asked the cashier to scan it and it said $29.99. It's gone now I believe, but I definitely would've bought it for $9.98.

Quake IV for PC for $7.48 .

I picked up the last copy for my future PC [When I can run it properly] .
Also for the always plentiful user mods .

[quote name='Richlough']Quake IV for PC for $7.48 .

I picked up the last copy for my future PC [When I can run it properly] .
Also for the always plentiful user mods .[/QUOTE]

:hot: $7.48 for Quake IV?!? Wow. I'd run to my Target right after work...but they NEVER have ANYTHING cheap like that. Except maybe Frankton's Chicken Wrestler.

I'm not even sure mine HAS a clearance section anymore.

[quote name='mkelehan']PSP version looks and sounds better, DS version controls better. I mean, I know what's more important to me.[/quote]

Got the DS version yesterday. I always choose control over looks.

Now I'm thinking of reconsidering.

This has to be the fugliest game ever. It's like someone took the already weird Puyo Pop Fever art style, merged it with Street Fighter II-like 4 frame animation, but had absolutely no sense of color. Or when to stop.

It hurts my eyes and my brain. The music is nothing to write home about, either.

Thanks OP!

Went to target for Gunpey and found out they just had a fresh shipment of Wii's and accessories. Did'nt get Gunpey, but I bought a Wii and an extra nunchuck and remote!

does anyone who picked up the PSP version of Gunpey have the DCPI for it (it is the item number located on the receipt)? this should allow some of us to do a vicinity search to see if local targets carry it...

also, if some of you can't find it, Gunpey for PSP dropped to $19.99 at Eb/Gamestops B&M and online...

My local Parmatown Target had quite a few GCN, PS2, and PSP titles in the bargain bin section. Most of the deals were mediocre so far. They had Killer 7 for $7.48, Baten Kaidos: Origins, Resident Evil 4, Star Fox Assault and more for around $13.98. They did have one set of Donkey Kong 2 w/ Bongos for $9.98. Not much was dirt cheap yet.

I noticed this and picked up the DS version at Target a few days ago. I figured I'd give it a try after seeing it on the 1up show, but man, the whole presentation is seriously obnoxious.

When I got EBA I thought it was a little quirky and Japanese, but Gunpey is just ridiculous in comparison. The gameplay itself is pretty slick, but I guess this game just isn't my style.

Taunton, MA
Zoo Keeper - 10.48
Advance Wars DS - 9.98
X-Men Legends II (i think) PSP - $9.98 (had a bazillion copies of it by the book section)
Twisted Metal something something PSP - $9.98 (w/x-men legends)
Death Jr PSP - 9.98
Killer 7 GC- 7.48
One Piece (don't remember which one) GC - 7.48
and a bunch of xbox stuff. still bunches of the tony hawk project 8 w/skateboard and about 3-4 of the zelda cd/swordshield doodle.

if someone is willing to part with their DK King of Swing, it would be greatly appreciated. i would be happy to pay clearance price + shipping. It is barren where i live.

thanks.

[quote name='biggyfries']if someone is willing to part with their DK King of Swing, it would be greatly appreciated. i would be happy to pay clearance price + shipping. It is barren where i live.

thanks.[/QUOTE]

Ditto on Canvas Curse.

I saw Fire Emblem Sacred Stones marked and scanned for $14.98. Genji PS2 $9.98, Harry Potter Goblet of Fire PS2 $9.98, Gunpey $14.98.

[quote name='spideymike']My local Parmatown Target had quite a few GCN, PS2, and PSP titles in the bargain bin section. Most of the deals were mediocre so far. They had Killer 7 for $7.48, Baten Kaidos: Origins, Resident Evil 4, Star Fox Assault and more for around $13.98. They did have one set of Donkey Kong 2 w/ Bongos for $9.98. Not much was dirt cheap yet.[/QUOTE]
Has anyone else seen Baten Kaitos: Origins clearanced out?

[quote name='SpyderGT']Has anyone else seen Baten Kaitos: Origins clearanced out?[/quote]

I saw Baten, not sure if it was origins. Will have to check on that...

don't know if it's been mentioned...

Xbox 360 Live 12 month kit w/headset/$20 MIR on any 360 game was $41.98.

Also saw a RCA 42" DLP rear projection HDTV for $748.xx (originally $1499) pretty okay set for $750.

I saw Baten. It was not Origins. About $14.

[quote name='kell']I saw Baten, not sure if it was origins. Will have to check on that...[/quote]

[quote name='spideymike']Sorry about that. Isn't Origins on clearance at Sears? for about $5-8?[/quote]

No. Baten Katios: Eternal Wings and The Lost Ocean is the one on clearance

[quote name='uesc']sweet!
i played the PSP version, but haven't had a chance to check out the PS2 katamari games.[/quote]

So basically you've never played a real Katamari game before.

[quote name='zuldane']So basically you've never played a real Katamari game before.[/QUOTE]

yup.

yeah, using 1 stick as apposed to 2 must be a world of a difference

[quote name='halofreak64']ive been looking for a copy of this game for a while finally found one and only 14.99 on the clearace rack.:)[/QUOTE]

Then maybe it should go in....*GASP* The Target Clearance Thread?

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Then maybe it should go in....*GASP* The Target Clearance Thread?[/quote]
No it shouldn't... it'll get lost in there. Definitely deserves it's own thread.

I saw a copy at my Target last week still at $30. Hopefully it's still there.

[quote name='kmr1212']is this a highly rated game? getting my first ps2 next week :)[/QUOTE]

YES. get this and the first katamari game. the ps2 is worth owning even if you only get those 2 games.

[quote name='schuerm26']Damn, that's a GREAT price. It will never get that low, even used.[/QUOTE]

it was part of last years circuit city $9.99 sale

[quote name='avatar94']No it shouldn't... it'll get lost in there. .[/QUOTE]

There's this wonderful feature on the boards called the edit button. Tell the OP to put it there and it's done.

although i'm a supporter of this game having its own thread, the good lil' cag in me says it should be posted in the "target clearance thread"

this game got really good ratings and it's also has 2-player vs and co-op (although the co-op kinda sucks without the onscreen controls at the bottom of the screen). well worth the price, considering i got it for like 30.00 when it came out.... gah!

Thank you OP!!!

Went to the two local target and find this for $15... was going to pick up a few more copies for other CAGs but shipping + CA tax kills it.

I also found that they still have the tony hawk's project game with deck, $45! Never thought I'd find it!

Thanks OP!!! :bouncy:

[quote name='ryanlk']does anyone who picked up the PSP version of Gunpey have the DCPI for it (it is the item number located on the receipt)? this should allow some of us to do a vicinity search to see if local targets carry it...
[/QUOTE]

Gunpey DS DCPI (from my receipt): 207020220

-frap

I saw this for $15 at my Target as well, but went with Kirby Canvas Curse on clearance for $9.98 instead.

Also, Capcom Classics Collection 2 for PS2 is now regularly-priced $9.99 at Target (ymmv?).

[quote name='Kerig']I saw this for $15 at my Target as well, but went with Kirby Canvas Curse on clearance for $9.98 instead.

Also, Capcom Classics Collection 2 for PS2 is now regularly-priced $9.99 at Target (ymmv?).[/quote]

:hot: I really need to go pick up CCC2 if that is only $10 now regularly (if they ever actually have it in stock when I'm there) Kirby Canvas Curse is on clearance too? I need to visit this site more often (though my wallet is still broken/hurting due to the mass CAG-ing over the past year) Both DDD sales and CC 4th of July clearance. *sigh* Great times! I am also now intrigued by Gunpey and want to see what that's about...

[quote name='evo t rex']Gunpey for Nintendo DS, red tagged for $14.98 at Target.

I picked up an extra if anyone is looking to trade.[/QUOTE]
PM Sent. Couldn't find one at my Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back