Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vita- FIFA 13 - 13.98

I had a Target B2g1 so I bought that and Ratchet and Clank on sale for $19.99 and got Diablo 3 for Xbox 360 free. I love that glitch in their system, first time doing it though :D
It's been around for so long I'm not even sure I'd call it a glitch anymore. Just a weird and desirable coupon. Well played.

Seen most of the same games mentioned Sunday. SSX for both PS3/360, Tekken Tag 2 PS3/360, Two Worlds II PS3, Star Wars Kinect, FIFA 13 Vita... all for $13.98. Some 5 pack PC game collection was $5.98 but wasn't worth remembering what it contained. Also Smart As... for Vita was still on an endcap and has been there for about 2 months now.

As for Doom BFG, if it is still $19.99 at most stores, the best price I got was for $9.99 not long ago at Best Buy for the xbox 360 version. So $13.98 is alright but I'd honestly wait to find it for less then 10 dollars.

Mine had these today:

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 :ps3:

Cars 2 :ps3:

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean (vita)

All $13.98, I think.  Not much, but it's the first videogame clearance I've seen there in weeks.

Has anybody seen those PS3 USB hubs lately?  I know it's been a while and they've probably gone to salvage but I kept passing and now I actually need one.  :headache:

you can get any USB hub and use it. i got some random powered 7 port one for like $5 and its fine.
Yeah, but I never run across those and the PS3 branded stuff is usually much better made than the random generic stuff so was thinking if I could still find one of these on clearance it would be worth it.

I have a Rock Band hub I was using with my slim PS3 for a while as I had my USB keyboard, one of the USB to mini USB charging cables and at least one other thing(charging hub for the official BT headset) hooked up.

But I disconnected it and use one of the USB ports on my PC to charge the headset now.

But I could see how people would need more than the two USB ports the PS3's have now if you're using a USB keyboard, leaving a charging cable plugged in for the controllers, have a PS3 EYE plugged in to use with the Move and whatever else.

I have a Rock Band hub I was using with my slim PS3 for a while as I had my USB keyboard, one of the USB to mini USB charging cables and at least one other thing(charging hub for the official BT headset) hooked up.

But I disconnected it and use one of the USB ports on my PC to charge the headset now.

But I could see how people would need more than the two USB ports the PS3's have now if you're using a USB keyboard, leaving a charging cable plugged in for the controllers, have a PS3 EYE plugged in to use with the Move and whatever else.
Yeah, I charge controllers through the PC but just plugged in a wireless keyboard since I'm playing FF14 and that and the Skylanders portal dongle occupy both ports. Not super fond of unplugging those little wireless receivers and letting them get lost if I need to use one of the ports for something else.

Yeah, I charge controllers through the PC but just plugged in a wireless keyboard since I'm playing FF14 and that and the Skylanders portal dongle occupy both ports. Not super fond of unplugging those little wireless receivers and letting them get lost if I need to use one of the ports for something else.
You should check Best Buy. I'm pretty sure they have them on clearance for $6 or $7. That's where I got mine a couple months ago.

Didn't see any games but the Beatles reissue vinyl LPs were at 50% off and Pink Floyd Darkside reissue was at 30%.  This might be old but in the budget wall Street Fighter x Tekken had a shelf tag of $6.99 or $7.99.  Can't remember exactly cause its been a  couple days.

Not related to gaming, but if anyone has an opinion on any of the printers making their way into the clearance cycle at Target I'd appreciate a PM.

I need a wireless printer. 

Has anybody seen those PS3 USB hubs lately? I know it's been a while and they've probably gone to salvage but I kept passing and now I actually need one. :headache:
What could you possibly need one for? They're USELESS. They don't charge Dualshocks or the Pulse headsets unless the PS3 is on since all the Sony accessories require a USB host signal before they'll take current. Thank goodness the PS4 will charge while "off" (in a low power/suspended state).

I get that there are some use cases that require more than 2 USB ports, but a cheep-o off brand hub works just as well for those and will cost even less than the PS hub on clearance. The only reason to buy the ps hub is because it fits in the aesthetics of your theater setup better than cheaper alternatives.

Sony could have made a worthwhile product by adding USB host functionality to charge accessories with the PS3 off. Total missed opportunity :whistle2:(

Saw Tekken Tag 2 and Assassin's Creed 2 both for 360.  $13.98.  Also saw a repackaged Skylanders figure for like $10.  I think it was a giants figure, but I don't really remember.

Did pick up an as-is copy of Peter Pan on Blu-Ray for $8.

Not related to gaming, but if anyone has an opinion on any of the printers making their way into the clearance cycle at Target I'd appreciate a PM.

I had found a repackaged/returned Epson xp-600, and it was about $79.99 I believe, but since the box was banged up they managed to mark it down to $63.71 (without me asking they just did it). Printer turned out to be a great purchase, came with ink, wireless, and ability to print on white label dvd-r discs. I use it for my work. If you can find one of these printers anywhere, it was a real easy setup. However there may be newer printers out now that have the same abilities for about $99.99 .

I have a previous iteration of the HP Officejet all in one that's on clearance presently and it's totally fine. It eats ink at the same rate as any other HP printer, scanner works well enough for quickie needs (document scan to email to someone or whatever), no major complaints after 3 or 4 years of light use. If you can snag it at 50% I imagine you'd be happy with the purchase. Normally the printer clearances seem to last longer when they're not on an endcap (out of line of sight for most folks), so if you have a few targets in the area odds are good.

saw the little big planet 2 special edition move bundle for $45.XX, says its half price but i cant imagine why the msrp on this thing wouldve been $90. includes the game, move controller, nav controller and camera.

saw the little big planet 2 special edition move bundle for $45.XX, says its half price but i cant imagine why the msrp on this thing wouldve been $90. includes the game, move controller, nav controller and camera.
All the move bundle msrps were right around $100. Even now it's pretty rare to find them under $50.

Can anyone possibly help me?  I'm trying to find a DPCI for the PS3 Move Console bundle with Epic Mickey that Target had awhile ago.  One showed up in a case near me, but there's no tag on it, so I'd like to try to be slick and get the price without drawing the attention of the employees.

Can anyone possibly help me? I'm trying to find a DPCI for the PS3 Move Console bundle with Epic Mickey that Target had awhile ago. One showed up in a case near me, but there's no tag on it, so I'd like to try to be slick and get the price without drawing the attention of the employees.
You might be able to guess it - should start with 207-23-00, and chances are the last number is less than 0034 (dpci of the new 12 GB console) and higher than 0013 (the sports champions move bundle which I'm sure is older). The dpci system is fairly predictable in some small ways.

Can anyone possibly help me? I'm trying to find a DPCI for the PS3 Move Console bundle with Epic Mickey that Target had awhile ago. One showed up in a case near me, but there's no tag on it, so I'd like to try to be slick and get the price without drawing the attention of the employees.
If I was still at work (and would have seen your post) I could've gotten ya the dpci. I literally just sold one of our last Epic Mickey bundles to a father and his son yesterday after they bought and returned the 12 gb (went back and forth FOREVER, bought the wrong one and came back to electronics so apologetic 15 minutes later lol).

I'll post it tomorrow night when I get off if it's not already been done :)

Was at Target today and saw 3 Mass Effect 3 Collector's Editions for 360 marked $19.99.  

Also, Infamous collections was marked to $19.99.  As a relatively new PS3 owner looking to pick up exclusives, is that a good price or could it go lower around Black Friday?

I found a Lego City Undercover for strategy guide for Wii U at my local Target for $1.24 after taxes. Probably hugely YMMV, but with a MSRP of $24.99, I couldn't resist snagging it. Keep your eyes peeled...  :cool:

Are they possibly being clearanced? I know there is at least one at my Target if not 2-3.

Also I see one on amazon warehouse for $212.

Pretty sure the stores in my area are playing shuffle the Two Worlds 2.  There's an AS-IS copy of it for $30.06 that I have seen at three different stores.  It may be different copies, but I'm doubtful since it's a strange price to be at three different Targets at 3 different times.

Also, has anyone seen the red Nikon F1 for less than $199.98?

I'm assuming Target will have to boost their clearance sections once the display areas for the two new consoles are in place, given that there isn't additional space set aside in the gaming section right now. They might do the BF clearance sale, but both consoles come out before BF, so they would still need to open up shelf space prior to that sale right?

I have stop checking for these games on clearance because there's sooo many cheapassgamers here in SoCal thats why I never find anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back