Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brother Daz']Holy shit!! I would have grabbed all of them. That's a insane deal my friend[/QUOTE]

I grabbed 11 and left 11 there. Funny thing is after the Marvel Ultimate Alliance fiasco I barely download DLC, just things like the extra Gears campaigns. I do buy Live and PSN only games, but I still have 22,180 live points on my account from the Amazon $0.20 1600 point fiasco (and that's after I gave away a bunch of codes I got).

I ended up passing the deal along to my brother who just got his first 360 for Christmas so he has a generation of games and DLC to catch up on. He had his Live account saved on my Xbox so I just added all the points to his account so next time he goes to buy something hell be surprised by 17,600 points.

[quote name='Kolma']Saw Pokemon Soul Silver at my Target while looking for Tekken Tag 2 Wii U
Was only 11.98
Wasn't on clearance rack though, was in one of the employee's carts with other random crap.
GTJzXdtl.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I'm not familiar with DS games but is this a really good value for that game? I checked Best Buy trade in values and it's only $3 + 100% bonus so if I end up not liking the game, I lose like $10. Not sure if it's worth that risk unless this is a really good deal. I haven't played since like Yellow haha.
[quote name='ferant316']So it is no longer in the OP but what are the break down of the last digit meanings? I know .*8 is clearance cycle, .*6 is As-Is but is .*4 Final Markdown or Online Item? I grabbed a handful of 1600 Points Cards with Modern Warfare 3 on them for $2.94 each. Didn't bother posting thinking they were Online Item tags but now thinking they could have been final markdown, just depends what the .*4 is.[/QUOTE]
This is beyond insane. Amazing deal and if you didn't already have 100 million points, I'd recommend taking all of them. Wowzers. $14 for 1600 points is already a pretty good deal but $3? No brainer.

The Silent Owl strikes again! Went to Target a few days ago and picked up MSG HD Collection Xbox 360 for $9 and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U for $18. What an awesome deal. I'll keep MGS and sell Tekken.

[quote name='SmokeMaxX']I'm not familiar with DS games but is this a really good value for that game? I checked Best Buy trade in values and it's only $3 + 100% bonus so if I end up not liking the game, I lose like $10. Not sure if it's worth that risk unless this is a really good deal. I haven't played since like Yellow haha.[/QUOTE]
I... That's...

:dunce:

where is the serial number on those ps cards?. I bought one and the code didnt work for me as well.

[quote name='Fukurou']I... That's...

:dunce:[/QUOTE]

Sorry bud. I'm not familiar with Soul Silver. My gf has Black and I have most of the older games. I guess I just skipped SS. It seems like an old game, that's why I'm wondering if it's a good value.

[quote name='SmokeMaxX']Sorry bud. I'm not familiar with Soul Silver. My gf has Black and I have most of the older games. I guess I just skipped SS. It seems like an old game, that's why I'm wondering if it's a good value.[/QUOTE]

Soul Silver is an updated/remade version of Silver, which was what came out after Red/Blue/Yellow

[quote name='SmokeMaxX']Sorry bud. I'm not familiar with Soul Silver. My gf has Black and I have most of the older games. I guess I just skipped SS. It seems like an old game, that's why I'm wondering if it's a good value.[/QUOTE]
Oh, no worries, that was just a little joke. Anyway, Pokemon games, much like all first party Nintendo games retain their MSRP for many years. SoulSilver came out years ago, and yet it still sells for $40.

[quote name='Fukurou']Oh, no worries, that was just a little joke. Anyway, Pokemon games, much like all first party Nintendo games retain their MSRP for many years. SoulSilver came out years ago, and yet it still sells for $40.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. I'll roll the dice on it haha. I saw one poor guy try to trade in SMG (Nintendo Select version) to Best Buy. I told him he'd only get $2 after 100% bonus and he got furious and left lol. But yeah Nintendo doesn't like to have sales on their games so I can see that their MSRP values are retained. Thanks for the info :)

Something tells me I'm going to find out that the Tomb Raider 360 controller is on clearance for $22 somewhere in Indiana or something, and I'm gonna be upset that it's not down here.

the psn cards like all gift cards need to be activated at the register... if they scan the AS-Is pricing it will not prompt to scan the serial... they should scan the normal UPC, scan the serial then override the price

Picked up three copies of Silver yesterday at 11.98 per. They were still in the standard game display cases, so no spider-web, and they don't have stickers, either. I'm feeling pretty good about it. Landed a copy of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for the Wii U, for good measure.

ahhh good ol soul silver, that game made my childhood memories come back lol. after i played soul silver using the three starters for three seperate playthroughs i offically retired from pokemon games. good memories :)

[quote name='strait edge follower']ahhh good ol soul silver, that game made my childhood memories come back lol. after i played soul silver using the three starters for three seperate playthroughs i offically retired from pokemon games. good memories :)[/QUOTE]

hopefully you transferred pokemon somewhere to keep the pokedex building, lol. would be sweet if you could upload them other than trading, if your friends don't play then you need 2 ds' or to borrow one.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Where the fuck do you people live because the Targets in my area don't clearance out shit.[/QUOTE]

It depends on how good the team leaders are. Ideally Target doesn't want a lot of clearance. Some stuff can't be helped (seasonal items) but if you do your research correctly, don't over order, etc, you shouldn't have hardly any clearance.

[quote name='Deader2818']It depends on how good the team leaders are. Ideally Target doesn't want a lot of clearance. Some stuff can't be helped (seasonal items) but if you do your research correctly, don't over order, etc, you shouldn't have hardly any clearance.[/QUOTE]

In other words, the reason why there are so many clearances at those Targets is because their managers suck at managing.

[quote name='Nintendonly']In other words, the reason why there are so many clearances at those Targets is because their managers suck at managing.[/QUOTE]

Not really. You can order 1 copy of a game but if noone wants to buy it at regular price or sales prices, then you have to clearance it to get rid of it.

[quote name='SmokeMaxX']Not really. You can order 1 copy of a game but if noone wants to buy it at regular price or sales prices, then you have to clearance it to get rid of it.[/QUOTE]

So it makes sense for them to sell the games at NEGATIVE percent profit?

[quote name='Nintendonly']So it makes sense for them to sell the games at NEGATIVE percent profit?[/QUOTE]
If it clears up space for them to sell items at positive percent product, then yes. It's better to lose a couple of bucks on a game now than hold out on it and lose the full value later. DS games won't retain their value for a long time if they even have value still. Neither will NBA2k12 or Call of Duty 3.

[quote name='Nintendonly']In other words, the reason why there are so many clearances at those Targets is because their managers suck at managing.[/QUOTE]

I guess business practice goes over your head.

[quote name='Deader2818']I guess business practice goes over your head.[/QUOTE]

I think the argument is that good managers can anticipate demand. I'd agree with such a statement.

I have a theory that there's a weird global balance - there's more Target clearance in places where there's less Kmart/Sears clearance.

But I have noticed that (at least around here) the longer a store is open, the less clearance they have in a given year (and presumably that means that they get better at knowing their area and ordering more accurately to avoid clearance leftovers). But also, suck at managing.

This whole argument is ridiculous. Nobody can look into the future. If every big store only had what it knew it would sell, then most stores would be half their size. Businesses take into account risks with profit margins and total inventory selection. It's obvious that many of these stores don't lose money even if they sell one item at half price.

You will always have clearance. You can take a lot of steps to limit the amount of clearance you have. Instead of having 20 Pokemon SoulSilvers, you will only have 1 or 2 because you did the proper work involved to limit your amount of overstock.

Does anybody know why certain things that shouldn't be clearanced are clearanced? Tekken just came out. Why is it clearanced at 70%? And when Spiderman Edge of Time came out, I was able to get a 360 copy for 70% off as well. Not that I'm complaining.

[quote name='SmokeMaxX']This whole argument is ridiculous. Nobody can look into the future. If every big store only had what it knew it would sell, then most stores would be half their size. Businesses take into account risks with profit margins and total inventory selection. It's obvious that many of these stores don't lose money even if they sell one item at half price.[/QUOTE]
Not to mention, why complain about it? It's good because we get cheap games. It would only benefit people if these stores would double the amount of clearance they have. And no, the stores won't be in trouble financially if they do that.

System isnt perfect, can have glitches.

In the case of Tekken, with new Wii U games starting to come out now, they might be clearancing out games that aren't moving that well to make room for new titles.

[quote name='Fukurou']Not to mention, why complain about it? It's good because we get cheap games. It would only benefit people if these stores would double the amount of clearance they have. And no, the stores won't be in trouble financially if they do that.[/QUOTE]

No one is even complaining. I was only trying to explain why you will see a lot of clearance at some stores, but not at others.

Got a couple copies of the sims 3d for 2.98. One to give to someone and one in case I buy a 3ds.
This was at the store in cupertino and there were probably about five left.

A coworker of mine picked up a blue skylanders wii console for 100 bucks yesterday. He said they had a pile on an endcap. I didn't see it myself so I don't know if it had a clearance sticker on it, but either way that's a good price. I might stop by tonight.

[quote name='mrlumpy']I bit on a copy of Gunstringer for $11.98 yesterday. Not a bad deal![/QUOTE]

Just don't tell us when you return it tomorrow because you don't get any responses agreeing with you. :)

[quote name='mrlumpy']I bit on a copy of Gunstringer for $11.98 yesterday. Not a bad deal![/QUOTE]

Even better that it includes a copy of fruit ninja also

[quote name='Cocojames333']Just don't tell us when you return it tomorrow because you don't get any responses agreeing with you. :)[/QUOTE]

I liked gunstringer. It was a quirky different game that plays easy enough for kids with some humor to it. Twisted Pixel usually makes some good games and I would call Gunstringer one of them.

But for $12, yeh I got that when it was released from BBY. Then selling the in box kinect redemption codes on eBay started and you could find them for $3

Nothing worse than gamers defending turd games like Gunstringer, or Kinect in general. It's a turd no matter what the price is.

[quote name='Nintendonly']10/10 GOTY Edition for what?[/QUOTE]

BatmanArkhamCity_GameOfTheYearEdition.jpg

It's all like "psst! by the way, I don't want to bother you, but Batman Arkham City."

Edit: Looks like they fixed it later and it appears more normal on Amazon

[quote name='Nintendonly']Nothing worse than gamers defending turd games like Gunstringer, or Kinect in general. It's a turd no matter what the price is.[/QUOTE]

I guess you're the only opinion in town, or maybe childless ?

[quote name='stoned99']I guess you're the only opinion in town, or maybe childless ?[/QUOTE]

"Childless" isn't an excuse. You know what kinds of games I grew up with when I was growing up? Look at my sig. I was raised on QUALITY games and I always bought the good stuff and avoided shovelware crap like licensed-based games, dance and music games, minigame compilations, motion-based games, Call of Duty shit, etc.

Gunstringer is NOT a quality title, and if you want your children to play something good while avoiding adult-like themes, give them Sly Cooper or Mario Galaxy instead.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I don't even know what to say...[/QUOTE]

Yup, we have a nerd raging winner. He's probably pissed Zelda hasn't been ported yet :)

[quote name='stoned99']Yup, we have a nerd raging winner. He's probably pissed Zelda hasn't been ported yet :)[/QUOTE]

If you are talking about Skyward Sword, I've used the patch to use a Classic Controller instead. And contrary to popular Nintenturd casualbuttware belief, the game is fully functional without motion controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back