Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Silent Owl strikes again! Picked up MGS HD Collection Xbox 360 for $9 and Tekken Tag 2 Wii U for $18. I'll keep MSG and flip Tekken.

[quote name='Kovorkian']The state college target is the good target :cool: I got euro trip for $2.50 cause of an online item :D[/QUOTE]

Lollipop Chainsaw wasn't $5 at my Target :cry: Was going to get if 4 my bf as a joke lol

The Silent Owl strikes again! Just picked up MGS HD Collection Xbox 360 for $9 and Tekken Tag 2 Wii U for $18. I'll keep MGS and sell Tekken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed the last few Pokemon Soul Silver DS at a store. They weren't marked and were in the glass case.
207-02-0856
$11.98

Forgot to check on Lollipop!#-o

Pro Bass Shops Outdoor Mega Pack has dropped to $14.98
207-26-0929. Great price for 2 games plus a rifle and fishing add on.
Neither Lollipop Chainsaw or Tekken Tag Team 2 Wii U were on clearance here in Cockeysville Maryland.

Was told today that Tekken Tag 2 Wii U version is about to get a universal price drop to $20. So don't drive around killing yourself looking for this game. Just wait it out.

My gf picked up wreck it Ralph for me and got pokemon soul silver for 11.xx and went to go look for another one because the box was kind of messed up and found and it was regular price until I had the employee scan it with his scanner gun. Pretty sweet.

So I asked him to do it for TT WiiU ed. And it was 17.xx good thing I didn't skip out on that target trip.

P.S anyone else see wiiu controllers in clearance for 28.01 the clearance sticker said repackaged item which could have ment probably a return can anyone verify?

[quote name='nsanchez1']My gf picked up wreck it Ralph for me and got pokemon soul silver for 11.xx and went to go look for another one because the box was kind of messed up and found and it was regular price until I had the employee scan it with his scanner gun. Pretty sweet.

So I asked him to do it for TT WiiU ed. And it was 17.xx good thing I didn't skip out on that target trip.

P.S anyone else see wiiu controllers in clearance for 28.01 the clearance sticker said repackaged item which could have ment probably a return can anyone verify?[/QUOTE]

My soul silver box as also messed up. Seems like someone was trying to rip through the spider wrap.I Also saw a ton of heart gold but they where at full price.

Picked up the following yesterday...

:ds: Pokemon Soul Silver $11.98
:3ds: Freaky Forms Deluxe $4.98
:3ds: Sims 3 $2.98
PSVita Fifa Soccer $8.98
PSVita Smart As $8.98
:wii: Cars Race-O-Rama $5.06 (As Is)

and today I was returning Smart As, and found a lone copy of

WiiU Tekkan Tag Tournament $17.98

They had also put out a copy of PSVita Lumines $20.98, but I'm hoping for at least one more drop.

[quote name='nsanchez1']P.S anyone else see wiiu controllers in clearance for 28.01 the clearance sticker said repackaged item which could have ment probably a return can anyone verify?[/QUOTE]

I didn't see any at 3 different locations so it must have been a return. I would have probably grabbed it (was the new wireless pro controller right?) since we just picked up a WiiU a week ago.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']Lollipop Chainsaw wasn't $5 at my Target :cry: Was going to get if 4 my bf as a joke lol[/QUOTE]

I wish my wife would play jokes on me like this

[quote name='Tmacfan4321']RB3 trades for $10 at Gamestop, so nice pickup.[/QUOTE]

And sells on Amazon for $25-28 plus shipping sealed for an ever better flip if you don't want to play it.

[quote name='Tmacfan4321']RB3 trades for $10 at Gamestop, so nice pickup.[/QUOTE]

If it's PS3, I've seen them sell on Amazon for $75 sealed.

That game is incredibly hard to find. I had to track down the only copy in Houston at Gamestop, and payed $28 used.

[quote name='io']They had 8-9 copies and they were all online items? That seems odd... But damn, I feel like I way overpaid at $14.98 for it. But that was close to 75% off (70% actually) and that is usually the end of the line for clearance these days so that's why I picked it up. Maybe I'll just return it and take a chance on finding it again cheaper in a week or two.[/QUOTE]

I paid $14.98 also...just bought it only because it was the last copy....then I checked reviews and a lot of people liked it so I'm keeping it for my nephews when they visit.

[quote name='biggie2123']My soul silver box as also messed up. Seems like someone was trying to rip through the spider wrap.I Also saw a ton of heart gold but they where at full price.[/QUOTE]

Same here, the spider sensor thing really jacked up my gf's copy. It sucks because the actual boxes are so well done and worth collecting.

[quote name='edison']I didn't see any at 3 different locations so it must have been a return. I would have probably grabbed it (was the new wireless pro controller right?) since we just picked up a WiiU a week ago.[/QUOTE]

Must be a return because only three were marked down.

Went in today and found a Metal Gear HD collection. I was excited until I found out it was still 29.99. But hey, at least I finally have it.

This online item thing, never seen one. Yet say I order a bunch of things online then return them in store. Will the be marked down? Only a hypothetical (its also 3:30 in the am here).

not game related, but found magazine subscription cards clearanced for $6 (down from 20) that are apparently good for a one year subscription. wired is the only I remember, but there were a few. found by nook display.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Went in today and found a Metal Gear HD collection. I was excited until I found out it was still 29.99. But hey, at least I finally have it.[/QUOTE]

best buy has it for $17.99. I'm sure you could have price matched

I think the "Extravaganza" in this thread title gives people false hope that some big clearance event is happening at target right now, only to be disappointed if they actually go there lately.

[quote name='shadowkast']best buy has it for $17.99. I'm sure you could have price matched[/QUOTE]

How would you price match it? It's not on the website and no store seems to have it in stock anymore!

My target only has a 19.99 and under section and all games are listed as 19.99. How do y'all find them for so cheap? Are they marked down or something?

[quote name='shadowkast']best buy has it for $17.99. I'm sure you could have price matched[/QUOTE]

That price isn't on their website so I couldn't.

Best deal I've gotten so far.
2uppnih.jpg

Where does Target usually put clearance items? Is there a special place in the store or are they just left on the racks with everything else, but just with a clearance sticker?

I can never find a clearance rack at the two nearest to me, so just wondering if I'm looking in he wrong place.

[quote name='WolfmanASTN']Where does Target usually put clearance items? Is there a special place in the store or are they just left on the racks with everything else, but just with a clearance sticker?

I can never find a clearance rack at the two nearest to me, so just wondering if I'm looking in he wrong place.[/QUOTE]

Stores have different places.Usually somewhere in Electronics.

[quote name='TheWildMoose']Stores have different places.Usually somewhere in Electronics.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll take a better look around next time I'm there

[quote name='Dramatic Crysis']Best deal I've gotten so far.
2uppnih.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that won't work! In order to get the online ticketed price they have to scan the front red sticker. Once that is done, it will charge you that price and it won't require them to scan the activation bar code, therefor it wouldn't work. Good luck with that tho!

2uppnih.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:shock:

WOWZIZZZZZZ!

It's the Kindle cards all over, again! Maybe I'll, actually, find one of these deals, though! ..or not, lol.

[quote name='Kurosaki-san']I'm pretty sure that won't work! In order to get the online ticketed price they have to scan the front red sticker. Once that is done, it will charge you that price and it won't require them to scan the activation bar code, therefor it wouldn't work. Good luck with that tho![/QUOTE]

Good point...you have to make sure they activate the item at the register. I've run into that problem before.

[quote name='mcthatch']Good point...you have to make sure they activate the item at the register. I've run into that problem before.[/QUOTE]

It is possible that it was already activated and was returned (and hopefully not scratched off). I don't think the cards can be deactivated.

[quote name='WolfmanASTN']Where does Target usually put clearance items? Is there a special place in the store or are they just left on the racks with everything else, but just with a clearance sticker?

I can never find a clearance rack at the two nearest to me, so just wondering if I'm looking in he wrong place.[/QUOTE]
I've always found it at the end cap of the last aisle in electronics before it changes to the next section. YMMV.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Went in today and found a Metal Gear HD collection. I was excited until I found out it was still 29.99. But hey, at least I finally have it.[/QUOTE]

at least you found one. I havent seen it at target and best buy

Found the clearance section at one of the Targets nearby, they had a bunch of copies of The Gunstringer for $12.00 and a bunch of copies of Fifa Soccer (Vita) for $9.00

I'm going to check out the other stor tomorrow and see what they have.

Saw Pokemon Soul Silver at my Target while looking for Tekken Tag 2 Wii U
Was only 11.98
Wasn't on clearance rack though, was in one of the employee's carts with other random crap.
GTJzXdtl.jpg

So it is no longer in the OP but what are the break down of the last digit meanings? I know .*8 is clearance cycle, .*6 is As-Is but is .*4 Final Markdown or Online Item? I grabbed a handful of 1600 Points Cards with Modern Warfare 3 on them for $2.94 each. Didn't bother posting thinking they were Online Item tags but now thinking they could have been final markdown, just depends what the .*4 is.

[quote name='ferant316']So it is no longer in the OP but what are the break down of the last digit meanings? I know .*8 is clearance cycle, .*6 is As-Is but is .*4 Final Markdown or Online Item? I grabbed a handful of 1600 Points Cards with Modern Warfare 3 on them for $2.94 each. Didn't bother posting thinking they were Online Item tags but now thinking they could have been final markdown, just depends what the .*4 is.[/QUOTE]
Holy shit!! I would have grabbed all of them. That's a insane deal my friend

2uppnih.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Impressive. But even so, I believe I have you beat. That's right. I just picked up the legendary... Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion for the Wii! $2.26 AS-IS. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I WIN! I WIN!

Same here for the awesome pokemon deal!
http://i47.tinypic.com/2qxb0np.jpg

Also, you guys were correct. The code didn't work. However, Sony honor's all codes as long as you have the receipt. I've already spoke with a SOE representative and he asked me to email a picture of the card and receipt and he told me to expect a new code in 2-4 days.

[quote name='Dramatic Crysis']Same here for the awesome pokemon deal!
http://i47.tinypic.com/2qxb0np.jpg

Also, you guys were correct. The code didn't work. However, Sony honor's all codes as long as you have the receipt. I've already spoke with a SOE representative and he asked me to email a picture of the card and receipt and he told me to expect a new code in 2-4 days.[/QUOTE]

That's not cool! I bought hot shots golf for like 2 bucks (one of the psp ones)
After about 3 days they emailed me back saying it was never activated and I had to go back to target to talk to them.
I decided it wasn't worth it though.

[quote name='Kolma']That's not cool! I bought hot shots golf for like 2 bucks (one of the psp ones)
After about 3 days they emailed me back saying it was never activated and I had to go back to target to talk to them.
I decided it wasn't worth it though.[/QUOTE]

It's worth a shot!

ehzv5f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back