Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jonnysniper']Doom 3 $8.98 Xbox 360
Ninja gaiden razor storm $27.98 PS3
Castlevania mirror of fate $11.98 3DS

Will post more later[/QUOTE]

how about the DCPI for Doom?;)

Checked my local store ... they had some Epic Mickey 2 paintbrushes for Wii, one of those Cabela's games, and an HP printer marked down from $34.99 to $17.99. I wasn't sure which was more surprising, the clearance price or the original price.

[quote name='StryderOmega']are these castlevanias more widespread than the Bioshock Infinites? I don't want to waste my time if not.[/QUOTE]

Neither game was on clearance at my store when a few people reported finding it for $27.98 last week. Seems that a lot of people found Castlevania on clearance at the same stores that had the Bioshock clearance. That said, I might check again while I'm out there tomorrow just on the off chance...

[quote name='MR_E']Neither game was on clearance at my store when a few people reported finding it for $27.98 last week. Seems that a lot of people found Castlevania on clearance at the same stores that had the Bioshock clearance. That said, I might check again while I'm out there tomorrow just on the off chance...[/QUOTE]

Yup, will wait for more reports then, thanks!

Not wasting my time if there is very little to no chance of this deal near me.

Picked up a Kinect Sports Season 2 for $3.76 today. Only one on the shelf. They also had a copy of God of War: Origins Collection for less than $9. This was at the Brentwood, MO Target.

[quote name='Snowball21']Not much in Merrillville, IN:

3DS Angry Birds $14.98
PS3 Battleship $20.98[/QUOTE]

Nothing at the Highland, IN store either :) :bouncy:

[quote name='StryderOmega']Yup, will wait for more reports then, thanks!

Not wasting my time if there is very little to no chance of this deal near me.[/QUOTE]

Still full price at my store today...

I found a bunch of Greatest Hits Star Wars The Force Unleashed at Target today @ $5.96. I know the reviews for it weren't so hot, but I should be able to get at least $6 worth of fun out of it.

[quote name='spmahn']I found a bunch of Greatest Hits Star Wars The Force Unleashed at Target today @ $5.96. I know the reviews for it weren't so hot, but I should be able to get at least $6 worth of fun out of it.[/QUOTE]

I thoroughly enjoyed the first one. The second was absolute trash though.

[quote name='Yoohoo1231']I thoroughly enjoyed the first one. The second was absolute trash though.[/QUOTE]

i agree with this statement entirely! 6 bucks is a good deal!

I know this aint really clearance but I managed to find soul sacrifice for vita out on the floor at Target today. Wondering if anyone has seen this too?

[quote name='Snowball21']Not much in Merrillville, IN:

3DS Angry Birds $14.98
PS3 Battleship $20.98[/QUOTE]

Holy fak. Thats where I used to live o.o

This world is small as hell.

At the East Liberty store in Pittsburgh, PA, I picked up the Turtle Beach COD: Black Ops 2 Kilo headset for $41.98. There was one pair left after I bought mine.

Havent seen anything in a while, but today i picked up the last 2 copies of

:ds: How to train your dragon for $10. I actually heard the DS versions not bad. Got one for my niece

Been nothing but random sports games and crap for months now, or nothing. They keep moving stuff around. Actually i was wondering: Have some of your stores set up an endcap near electronics where they throw a bunch of games that you THINK are clearance, but that are all still either full price or just 20-30 bucks? I dont get the point of these caps, but 2 of the stores around here have them now for some reason.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Havent seen anything in a while, but today i picked up the last 2 copies of

:ds: How to train your dragon for $10. I actually heard the DS versions not bad. Got one for my niece

Been nothing but random sports games and crap for months now, or nothing. They keep moving stuff around. Actually i was wondering: Have some of your stores set up an endcap near electronics where they throw a bunch of games that you THINK are clearance, but that are all still either full price or just 20-30 bucks? I dont get the point of these caps, but 2 of the stores around here have them now for some reason.[/QUOTE]

2 of the 4 stores close to me has this and it is really annoying. Sometimes I will find clearances games mixed in.

1 store has it specifically set up as their value games (which is fine because they have it separated by category / price), and the other store has an extra prison display for clearance/value games on a back end cap.

[quote name='StryderOmega']2 of the 4 stores close to me has this and it is really annoying. Sometimes I will find clearances games mixed in.

1 store has it specifically set up as their value games (which is fine because they have it separated by category / price), and the other store has an extra prison display for clearance/value games on a back end cap.[/QUOTE]

Thats the thing though, most are NOT value games, they are pretty much full price, and most are very old games. It makes no friggin sense. There are like no labels on most either, its just a really crappy set up, but then again Target never makes much sense with their game sections

[quote name='Kenshindono']Havent seen anything in a while, but today i picked up the last 2 copies of

Been nothing but random sports games and crap for months now, or nothing. They keep moving stuff around. Actually i was wondering: Have some of your stores set up an endcap near electronics where they throw a bunch of games that you THINK are clearance, but that are all still either full price or just 20-30 bucks? I dont get the point of these caps, but 2 of the stores around here have them now for some reason.[/QUOTE]

The stores here have an endcap with just totally random full priced games. It seems like what occurs is when they are left with only one or two copies of a game, rather than continue to let it take up space on the normal shelf, they just pull it and stick it on the endcap. Usually it's full of junk and shovelware.

[quote name='jonnysniper']I know this aint really clearance but I managed to find soul sacrifice for vita out on the floor at Target today. Wondering if anyone has seen this too?[/QUOTE]

I saw Soul Sacrifice on the floor at my local store as well.. I didn't try to buy it, but there's a good chance the system won't let it ring up without overriding it since its not out until the 30th. I chalked it up to a clueless electronics employee mistake, as usual. I even took a picture!

2u3wgmq.jpg

I was definitely tempted to try though..

Actually found some pretty awesome deals at my Target today! Here are a few things I saw:

Rayman Origins PS3, $5.98 (Bought 1 of the 2 they had. No clearance tag was marked, but scanned $5.98 :D)
MLB 2k13 PS3 $17.98 (Forgot to see if 360 was same price)
Tintin 3ds $4.98

They had some more unmarked things I was going to scan, but I was in a bit of a hurry, so I didnt have time to check. They had some Prima guides (I scanned AC3 guide) and it scanned see store associate, but at checkout rung up at $24.99 :( I was hoping for a penny guide!

[quote name='AcidRain25']Afterglow Wii U Wireless Pro Controller $11.98
Castlevania Mirror Of Fate 3DS $11.98
Amazing Spider-Man Ultimate Edition Wii U $11.98
MLB 2k13 (PS3 & Xbox) $17.98
MLB The Show 13 PS3 $17.98
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 PS3 $17.98
Top Hand Rodeo Tour Xbox Kinect $11.98
TW PGA Tour 14 Masters Historic Edition $20.98

Of Note: Both Bioshock Infinite & Tomb Raider are now back to full price after being on clearance last week for $30 at this Target[/QUOTE]

Crazy mark downs on the sports titles....if I find MLB '13 for $18, I would get it as a future present.

[quote name='Tuxmanv2']Picked up a nice GoW Collection for 8 bucks.[/QUOTE]

I forgot to scan GoW Collection, might have to go back tomorrow, and see how much she rings!

[quote name='Graviex']I saw Soul Sacrifice on the floor at my local store as well.. I didn't try to buy it, but there's a good chance the system won't let it ring up without overriding it since its not out until the 30th. I chalked it up to a clueless electronics employee mistake, as usual. I even took a picture!

2u3wgmq.jpg

I was definitely tempted to try though..[/QUOTE]

It's not the electronics employees doing.

It is how inventory works in Target. In the morning they have a team go around and scan all empty locations. Things with a gray dot means it is on order / out of stock. The things that are in the back room are put into a task for the back room employees to fill up. So when a plannogram is set up with new releases, this will happen every time.

Didn't find much of anything in clearance but they had two Epic Mickey 2 Paintbrush Wiimotes. Saw only two though $20.98 each at the Target in Hialeah, FL.

Seen a bunch of the Epic Mickey 2 paintbrushes and a clicker, believe same price but in a Middle TN Target. Decided on getting a non gaming item, clearanced Western Digital 3 tb hard drive though for 69.98, which also had a $10 gift card after purchase. Best Buy and amazon.com are selling the drive for about $119/139 I believe.

Not sure if anyone posted this earlier but saw 4 copies of Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep for $5.09 at the Target in the Westfield Mall in Culver City. Also had about a dozen of those Epic Mickey 2 Paintbrushes and Clicker Boxes for $20.98. And half a dozen Amazing Spiderman Blu Ray Box Sets with Lizard and Spiderman statues for $39.98.

I didn't see much at my Silverthorne, CO Target...a copy of the Smurfs 2 for DS/Wii, a God of War Collections for $8 (already own 'em otherwise that would be cool), and some epic mickey paintbrushes @ $21 a piece. They did have a lot of half-priced GPS's though, if they hit 70% i might snag one.

Picked up Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3 for PS3, was marked at 17.98, along with a Wii U Pro controller (Afterglow) for 11.98. Great day!

I don't know why I read this thread. It just makes me jealous that some people are actually finding clearance games at their stores.

[quote name='ghettoqball']I don't know why I read this thread. It just makes me jealous that some people are actually finding clearance games at their stores.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why I do either as all I see are these ridiculous claims of new games being marked on clearance by the same people every time. It is very depressing... Lol

Found a Vita Starter kit w/ 4GB Memory Card for $10.06 marked "As Is" at the Target on Campbell in Richardson, TX. Way better than the $22.50 I found at Wal-Mart :)

I looked everywhere for MLB The Show '13 for $17.98 with no luck. If anyone feels generous and wants to grab one for me, I'll pay plus shipping of course. PM me if so!

Picked up 2 of the Wii U afterglow controllers for a little less than $25, they're pretty good although they don't feel right, but I can't complain for $12. Beats $38 @ Walmart.

[quote name='StryderOmega']It's not the electronics employees doing.

It is how inventory works in Target. In the morning they have a team go around and scan all empty locations. Things with a gray dot means it is on order / out of stock. The things that are in the back room are put into a task for the back room employees to fill up. So when a plannogram is set up with new releases, this will happen every time.[/QUOTE]

I actually work at a different Target than the one I found this at. If their electronics department knew better, it wouldn't be on the shelf even if it had a grey dot.

The only game-related item my local Target had was the Epic Mickey clicker. That said, I did score the two-pack 21 Jump Street TV series DVD set containing the first two seasons for $2.29 this morning. It was an online return.

Wii-Carnival Games is $5.98(non-clearance)

Pocket Projector for iPod or iPhone, I forget, is $99.xx(was$199.xx) up to a 50" screen
057-00-0398(clearance)

PM'd ToysRUs's Asphalt 3ds price of $9.98(no club Nintendo points). Decent game. Especially at $10.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Sadly no Luigi or Castlevania 3ds on clearance.[/QUOTE]

Found both of these this week.

Luigi's Mansion 27.98
New Castlevania for 3DS 11.98

Also picked up a combo pack of MLB and NBA 2K13 for xbox360 for 23.98

Found Castlevania for 3DS ($11.98) and Scribblenauts Collection for DS ($8.98) a few days ago. I going to keep a watch on that Luigi's Mansion if it started clearance already. The baseball PS3 Dualshock 3 controllers were still at $38 or whatever. Will wait for a little lower price to buy those if they last.

[quote name='TooPoor']I'm not the only who comes in just to collect jealousy and hate! Hooray![/QUOTE]

Lol you sound like Zoidberg from Futurama. Yeah, I wish one of the braindead dudes from Corporate would send instructions to my local Target store to mark down some of the newer titles, such as Castlevania & Luigi's Mansion, to clearance levels. Doubt it will happen, though.

Wish I saw Castlevania 3DS for that much...it's on sale for $29.98 at our store. Surprised to see no games this time...just a lot of Pokemon stylus. Went in to pick up a 3DSXL that was on sale, so now I can finally play the 3DS games I have been purchasing at Target clearance for the last two years! Lol...

[quote name='kndy']Wish I saw Castlevania 3DS for that much...it's on sale for $29.98 at our store. Surprised to see no games this time...just a lot of Pokemon stylus. Went in to pick up a 3DSXL that was on sale, so now I can finally play the 3DS games I have been purchasing at Target clearance for the last two years! Lol...[/QUOTE]

Haha, good for you, man. I wish I had the same foresight. I would always see 3ds stuff clearanced out or on sale, and never thought twice to pick any of it up. Now, everyone has a 3ds...and I can't find anything :cry:. The kingdom hearts pickup was sweet, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back