Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed that a lot of the older games that were reported as Clearance were shoved into the Value Game shelves (For no where near the Clearance price. 14.99-29.99 respectively). Is this Target's way of saying they are stopping Video Game clearance?

No video games on clearance at my target but this was a nice surprise!
IMG_1534.jpg

[quote name='daver16']No video games on clearance at my target but this was a nice surprise!
[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I recommend reformatting it before using it. It has software pre-installed that takes away a bit of storage space.

[quote name='soonerdoc']Found both of these this week.

Luigi's Mansion 27.98
New Castlevania for 3DS 11.98

Also picked up a combo pack of MLB and NBA 2K13 for xbox360 for 23.98[/QUOTE]

really they're already clearancing those 3DS games? didn't they come out like 2 weeks ago? :lol:

I'm so screwed on the Mirror of Fate. It's like the game is cursed. I doubt that my Target will have anything. They only waste my time until something is sold out online so that they won't price match and they take all the good stuff for themselves. I would like that Luigi's Mansion 2, but I don't have a chance.

It really doesn't help to have ALL games on a tiny display.

We had mirror of fate in Manchester, CT
However it has "Temporary price cut." at $29.99 rather then the clearance price. *slams desk Edgeworth style*

Also Bioshock is full price. I only saw a few clearance items that weren't noteworthy including a Asura's Wrath re-pack at $30.

[quote name='daver16']No video games on clearance at my target but this was a nice surprise!
IMG_1534.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Very nice find. Well done.

IMG_1534.jpg
[/QUOTE]

A target near me has about 20+ of those at 48.98 and they have stayed at that price for a couple of weeks now. Hoping they drop to that price tomorrow, I would definitely pick one up at that price.

I also see castlevania 3ds for 29.99 at a temp price cut. Kingdom hearts dream drop has not dropped from 39.99 but it is 19.99 on amazon currently. I dont know how people are finding these great deals on just released games. I did find about 3 GOW3 epic editions at one target about 3 weeks ago priced at 74.98. Im going back tomorrow, hopefully they are still there and clearanced even more.

I am sad I can't seem to find any solid gaming deals (would kill for a $10 dollar copy of Castlevania), but I did get a solid deal on a Dyson =\.

[quote name='admiralvic']I am sad I can't seem to find any solid gaming deals (would kill for a $10 dollar copy of Castlevania), but I did get a solid deal on a Dyson =\.[/QUOTE]

Whoa there, buddy. It's been a little bit past a month. A game for 1/4 of the MSRP will be tough.

Are these Castlevanias and Luigi Mansions on clearance in their normal spots among all the other games, or are you guys finding them in a special clearance section?

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Are these Castlevanias and Luigi Mansions on clearance in their normal spots among all the other games, or are you guys finding them in a special clearance section?[/QUOTE]

Only one person was lucky enough to snatch that so I'd say it's a fluke and not system-wide.

Castlevania was tagged clearance in its regular spot among the other 3DS games, not on a clearance endcap. My Target started doing this months ago. I have to check the normal area of the games as well as endcaps among electronics.

[quote name='kndy']Wish I saw Castlevania 3DS for that much...it's on sale for $29.98 at our store. Surprised to see no games this time...just a lot of Pokemon stylus. Went in to pick up a 3DSXL that was on sale, so now I can finally play the 3DS games I have been purchasing at Target clearance for the last two years! Lol...[/QUOTE]

Haha!:lol: I do the same thing!

Bought Vita games and 3DS games before I got the systems! Same for Wii games, but I didn't get a Wii, yet.

[quote name='golfer']
I also see castlevania 3ds for 29.99 at a temp price cut. Kingdom hearts dream drop has not dropped from 39.99 but it is 19.99 on amazon currently. I dont know how people are finding these great deals on just released games.[/QUOTE]

The temporary price cuts should be universal as every time I have seen one posted here, my local store has it for the same price. The clearance drops on games that have recently been released may just be mistakes. One of the Target employees posted here that their store receives orders from Corporate to mark down certain titles. This obviously isn't happening at all stores at the same time, so it's ymmv. I wish my store would be instructed to mark down Castlevania 3ds to $11.98, but it hasn't happened.

I went to five Targets on Saturday, but El Hoardo cleared out all of the Castlevanias and other worthy items, except for the last one that had 10+ copies for $30 each.

Yeah castlevania is at 29.99 and did see that roku was tempted but have a ps3 and other streaming devices. Or should i get it hmmm?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but do markdowns happen during the day, or before they open? I had the rare opportunity to stop by this morning shortly after they opened, and the item that I've been watching for a couple of weeks is still at 50% (although they did change the location to inside a glass case, so I had to punch the numbers into the price checker to be sure). The employees were still in their morning huddle, so I didn't get to ask them before I left.

[quote name='Chedeng88']Saw a couple of Rocksmith w/ Real Tone Cable (Xbox 360) at my local Target for $29.99. No clearance tag. I just scanned it.[/QUOTE]

FYI, they have been that price for months. If you can find it at Walmart still, it is $19.96 there, for ps3 or 360. Occasionally there is a sale at BB or Amazon that drops the newer version (with bass) to the $30 range.

IMG_1534.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Was going to go back myself to my local target and see if the 3 tb has dropped that low, if they still have a 1 tb for that much I'm picking that up. Bought a 3 tb for 69.99 last week.

Grabbed that 1 TB this morning...glad I stopped by early.

Also picked up Life Of George for $8.98 (204-04-0631) which is an app game that comes with Lego pieces. These were in the toy section at my local store.

Whoever finds the new(er) games like LM: DM, Castlevania, BioShock, Tomb Raider etc. on clearance, please post the store location or at the very least the area/region/state. Thanks!

No matter where I've lived my Target stores never have external hard drives on clearance. Seems like the same ones rot there on shelves for months upon months.

Which sucks, I could use one right now with my laptop.

[quote name='admiralvic']I found 3 copies of GoW A for 17.97 lol[/QUOTE]

Target clearance makes me laugh too much. They clearance out great titles fast and it's so random you can find them all. That's a fantastic price on that game. I wish my Targets would get something good every once in a while.

Did you pick up a copy for yourself Admiralvic?

[quote name='Bumslie']Target clearance makes me laugh too much. They clearance out great titles fast and it's so random you can find them all. That's a fantastic price on that game. I wish my Targets would get something good every once in a while.

Did you pick up a copy for yourself Admiralvic?[/QUOTE]

Of course.

[quote name='admiralvic']Of course.[/QUOTE]

This is one reason why I limit my day 1 purchases. I pick up the CE of GOW day 1 cause I'm a fan of the series but damn you picked the game up at a fantastic price. Congrats!

[quote name='admiralvic']I found 3 copies of GoW A for 17.97 lol[/QUOTE]

Is that price for every store or YMMV??? If that's for every store then I'm on my way!

[quote name='Punisher138']Is that price for every store or YMMV??? If that's for every store then I'm on my way![/QUOTE]

YMMV. Full price at my store.

[quote name='Punisher138']Is that price for every store or YMMV??? If that's for every store then I'm on my way![/QUOTE]

It's definitely YMMV. My Target still has them at full price. I didn't find any of the 1TB External HDD's, but I did find these following items.

Bose BT Headset Normally $149.99, I paid $48.
DCPI: 080-081-209

iPad Dock Noramlly $29.99, I paid $9 for it.
DCPI: 057-001-679

An Ultrabook case for $8. Can't find it on Target.com, but I can add a photo if anyone is interested.
DCPI: 080-000-516

Duo Atari Controller for iPad. It was $14.98, and it's normally $49.99. It's complete garbage. Definitely going back to the store tomorrow.
DCPI: 057-001-462

Also saw some Zagg shields on clearance. Didn't pick up any because I don't have a Nook/Nook Color/ or iPod Touch 5.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']It's definitely YMMV. My Target still has them at full price. I didn't find any of the 1TB External HDD's, but I did find these following items.

Bose BT Headset Normally $149.99, I paid $48.
DCPI: 080-081-209

iPad Dock Noramlly $29.99, I paid $9 for it.
DCPI: 057-001-679

An Ultrabook case for $8. Can't find it on Target.com, but I can add a photo if anyone is interested.
DCPI: 080-000-516

Duo Atari Controller for iPad. It was $14.98, and it's normally $49.99. It's complete garbage. Definitely going back to the store tomorrow.
DCPI: 057-001-462

Also saw some Zagg shields on clearance. Didn't pick up any because I don't have a Nook/Nook Color/ or iPod Touch 5.[/QUOTE]
I am jealous of you for grabbing that Bose.

I went to a different today and they had the Red Roku 2 XS for $49.98
DPCI # 008 06 1501
There were only 2 after I left. I didn't get one because I already have a Roku 3, PS3, and Apple TV 2nd Generation.

Don't think this has been posted yet..

My Target had Halo 4 Limited Editions marked AS IS for $7.56 (sticker says was $29.99). Saw two of them but cashier asked what they were when I checked out... said she had been seeing them all day so they might have had a lot more.

[quote name='aem']Don't think this has been posted yet..

My Target had Halo 4 Limited Editions marked AS IS for $7.56 (sticker says was $29.99). Saw two of them but cashier asked what they were when I checked out... said she had been seeing them all day so they might have had a lot more.[/QUOTE]

$29.99 sticker?

Are you talking about the guides or the actual LE game?

[quote name='guessed']Sorry if this is a stupid question, but do markdowns happen during the day, or before they open? I had the rare opportunity to stop by this morning shortly after they opened, and the item that I've been watching for a couple of weeks is still at 50% (although they did change the location to inside a glass case, so I had to punch the numbers into the price checker to be sure). The employees were still in their morning huddle, so I didn't get to ask them before I left.[/QUOTE]

Every store is different, but they are usually during operating hours. I've seen them do it in the afternoon a few times, probably depends on staffing and other tasks they have that day.

[quote name='Zolor23']$29.99 sticker?

Are you talking about the guides or the actual LE game?[/QUOTE]

The LE game. Maybe a price mistake?

Picked up the following:

WD 750 GB External HD- $27
Seagate 1TB External HD- $27
iPad Dock- $8
Amazing Spider Man 3D CE blu set- $33
Energizer iPhone charging case- $18
Pair of cheap headphones- $5

Stoked I was able to get the HD's, I could use the extra space. Jury's still out on the Spider Man CE, might still return it. Headphones are for my daughter so she doesn't use mine.

Nothing for me today, but I did see a few things:

:ps3: USB Hub $20, was $30.
:ps3: Move rifle $27 was $40.
16gb 3.0 thumb drives (pink :puke:) $8.
5 pack DVD-RW password protected $3.

[quote name='thebob101']Picked up the following:

WD 750 GB External HD- $27
Seagate 1TB External HD- $27
...[/QUOTE]

I went looking for the WD 1TB HDD that was pictured above but my store only had the 2TB and 3TB versions. Fortunately I was able to find the Seagate 1TB drive (also USB 3.0) for $26.98, 70% off. DPCI is 080-00-0178.

kudos for all you finding decent 360 games on clearance. targets 'round here, not so great the last few months.

found BF3 UE the other day (been 'Repackaged' priced for like 8 months), one copy was mark 13.xx and two were 19.xx, but NONE of them were able to be located in the system according to the scan machines. anybody know if I could get a deal on this for less than the marked price or what target does in a situation where the item is no longer in the store inventory/system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back