Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well - I think my local Targets killed clearance for a long time... Here is my discovery after the reset in electronics...

Warning: images may be big as I am uploading from phone.
x1leev.jpg

33lebll.jpg

30rpruo.jpg

So they bookshelved a lot of the games that have been reported were on clearance and all were ringing up normal prices, or rather value prices, of 14.99-29.99.

Found all of those games at my Target for the same prices but I only wanted Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and it was the only one they didn't have.

Also found these Sennheiser headphones, "Online Item" for $11.26
2013-04-30193804_zps6a8815a8.jpg

[quote name='MasaTFC']lol, those pics are awful!

thats almost how one target around here looks. sad, I say.

and daver16, your target is awesome![/QUOTE]

Lol, so strange. The pics were right side up when I look on my phone, but on my PC it is sideways, lol.

Edit: Fixing them now...

Edit2: Done.

Saw MAG for $8.98 LOL.

Picked up the GOW: Collection for $8.98. Item should have been salvaged as it didn't scan but the CSR used her handheld to check the last price.

[quote name='jonnysniper']Haha actually I'm a San Antonio CAG[/QUOTE]
Me too!

On topic: Sorry to ask this guys but has anyone else seen anymore Wii U games on clearance? Amazing Spider Man for $28, I remember ME3 for $18 a while back and I think TTT2 was down there as well, anything new?

[quote name='Hollywood']
That's interesting on The Walking Dead price, it just came out a couple months ago. I honestly don't know if the price change team is just goofy or what with these changes, but I never see them at my store.
[/QUOTE]

Nah...that's the Telltale Walking Dead game that came out last year (the disc compilation of the 5-episode digital series). The one that came out last month is a fps called Walking Dead: Survival Instinct.

Those value games will rot there. They will still clearance out games, just not [very many of] those, obviously.

Well, at least until they realize they are just keeping them shelved and any semblance of profit is gone.

[quote name='HydroX']Those value games will rot there. They will still clearance out games, just not [very many of] those, obviously.

Well, at least until they realize they are just keeping them shelved and any semblance of profit is gone.[/QUOTE]

Fortunately, it's a new console year. I'm hopefully that things gonna start gettin freaky come October->January (unless they reset the plastic prison area drastically).

Checked my target today for the MW3 turtle Beach headset, price is still $41 only about 4 left though, there was about 9 the other day, also full price on AC:3 collectors set, & no GoW:A collectors sets there.

[quote name='handsomepete']Fortunately, it's a new console year. I'm hopefully that things gonna start gettin freaky come October->January (unless they reset the plastic prison area drastically).[/QUOTE]

Yeah.. but they will still have a wide selection of PS3/360 games. The new consoles will get their space (likely a 4 foot section for each system, like Wii U got to start with) but they will continue to support the 'current' gen stuff as long as it's being made. Obviously it will be slowly phased out, and hopefully by mass clearance, as you said... but I wouldn't hold my breath. They will likely eliminate a nice chunk of 'current' gen product during the holiday season.

Found a Xbox 360 Mass Effect 3 collectors edition for 19.99 at my target today. No clearance sticker just tagged 19.99. Picked it up but haven't even played 1 yet, still have 1,2, and 3 sealed on my shelf.

Grabbed AC: Brotherhood today for $5.98, as well. Also saw Ratchet and Clank All 4 One for $5.98. Both were on the value games shelf and properly tagged at $5.98.

I bought a lone copy of MLB 2K13 marked down to $9.04 today. They also had a sleeved PS3 RE5Gold marked down to $27.98, but it wasn't ringing up and I wasn't going to play dumb and sleeze around to try to make it any cheaper.

I asked the Gamestop guy what the MLB trade value was(since I'll probably never play it) and he said $15, but he wouldn't do the trade because he was aware that I had just bought it new so that's their company policy I guess?

207-24-1703 Star Wars The Force Unleashed GH - 5.98

Also some PS3 hardware I haven't seen in a while:

207-00-0984 PS3 Bluetooth Headset 19.98
207-00-0254 PS3 USB Power Hub 14.98

Yesterday I picked up a copy of Professor Layton and the Last Spector still sealed for $7.56 "As Is". Going from Hollywood's post, this is just a one time find.

[quote name='midlifecrisisMkII']
Yesterday I picked up a copy of Professor Layton and the Last Spector still sealed for $7.56 "As Is". Going from Hollywood's post, this is just a one time find.[/QUOTE]

Ya, those are usually one-time finds... For anyone that's interested in it, though, it's on clearance for $9.97 at kmart.

Noticed a couple of new interesting things tonight, and picked one of them up. I don't even have a Vita, but will probably pick one up when Sony drops the price, but a 4GB memory card was in Clearance as an online item for $5.06 which was too good to pass up (and I got for $4.32 plus tax with my discounts.)

Also, two Vita games in Rayman Origins and Modnation Racers. Rayman was $20 (not a great price, but was apparently only down 30% or so) and Modnation Racers for a little over $13. I'll probably pick up one or the other if they hit 70% and I spot it.

[quote name='redroversk']I bought a lone copy of MLB 2K13 marked down to $9.04 today. They also had a sleeved PS3 RE5Gold marked down to $27.98, but it wasn't ringing up and I wasn't going to play dumb and sleeze around to try to make it any cheaper.

I asked the Gamestop guy what the MLB trade value was(since I'll probably never play it) and he said $15, but he wouldn't do the trade because he was aware that I had just bought it new so that's their company policy I guess?[/QUOTE]

All kinds of stupid in this post.

Bought Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 PS3 for 17.98 at Fenton MI Target.
There were still 2 copies when I left.

[quote name='redroversk']I bought a lone copy of MLB 2K13 marked down to $9.04 today. They also had a sleeved PS3 RE5Gold marked down to $27.98, but it wasn't ringing up and I wasn't going to play dumb and sleeze around to try to make it any cheaper.

I asked the Gamestop guy what the MLB trade value was(since I'll probably never play it) and he said $15, but he wouldn't do the trade because he was aware that I had just bought it new so that's their company policy I guess?[/QUOTE]

Company policy is not to allow trade in of sealed games, not recently purchased open games...

[quote name='dxology']Found a Xbox 360 Mass Effect 3 collectors edition for 19.99 at my target today. No clearance sticker just tagged 19.99. Picked it up but haven't even played 1 yet, still have 1,2, and 3 sealed on my shelf.[/QUOTE]
Edit: I'm an idiot

[quote name='Cocojames333']All kinds of stupid in this post.[/QUOTE]Sorry to disappoint you dude, I don't live to flip.
[quote name='StryderOmega']Company policy is not to allow trade in of sealed games, not recently purchased open games...[/QUOTE]Thank you for the info, I asked him if I could just open it and he said, "nope".

dang id love to get a copy of 2k13 for that price

[quote name='redroversk']Sorry dude, I'm not a flipping vulture, I don't know your carnie code.[/QUOTE]

Yet you bought a game you didn't want so you could flip it then gave up after GameStop told you they couldn't take sealed games. Ha

If there was only a way to make it look like you didn't buy it five minutes ago. Sorry dude thats ridiculous.

[quote name='lostnumberwar']Bought Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 PS3 for 17.98 at Fenton MI Target.
There were still 2 copies when I left.
[/QUOTE]

I just checked at my Target, they go for full retail... Damn... I would love to have it.

Yeah my brother bought the last Ratchet and Clank All 4 One they had for 5.98.
It wasn't even marked. He had to scan it.

[quote name='crazylox2001']does anyone know if they can find me a mlb2k13 copy[/QUOTE]

yeah. this!

I'll be looking out, but highly doubt I'll find anything.

Got ratchet and clank for $5.98 today, had 2 copies left after I got mine. Saw they had price tags for luigis mansion for $27.98, and Castlevania 3ds $11.98. Didnt have any in stock though :( Also a Target manager saw me scanning multiple games, and asked me if he wanted I to have anything scanned. So he scanned Ocarina of Time (which someone mentioned that they got for $11.98) and it rang $39.99, and he basically said that is super YMMV, and its a hot game so he doubts many Targets will offer ocarina for that price

[quote name='TKSJOHN']Got ratchet and clank for $5.98 today, had 2 copies left after I got mine. Saw they had price tags for luigis mansion for $27.98, and Castlevania 3ds $11.98. Didnt have any in stock though :( Also a Target manager saw me scanning multiple games, and asked me if he wanted I to have anything scanned. So he scanned Ocarina of Time (which someone mentioned that they got for $11.98) and it rang $39.99, and he basically said that is super YMMV, and its a hot game so he doubts many Targets will offer ocarina for that price[/QUOTE]

You guys put too much faith into store managers...

They know about as much as we do, and you should take anything they say with a grain of salt.

Can confrm that Ratchet and Clank and AC Brotherhood were $5.98 marked on the value shelf. Several copies of both left, but since I don't own a PS3 I passed. Additionally, Ocarina of Time rang up $39.99. Hitman absolution was $20 for both 360/PS3, and there was an as is Blu of Deathly Hallows part 1 for $3.56.

MLB2k13 for only 9 bucks? Looks like a trip to Target tonight. Doubt any of them near me will have it marked down anywhere close to that price.

[quote name='StryderOmega']You guys put too much faith into store managers...

They know about as much as we do, and you should take anything they say with a grain of salt.[/QUOTE]

Well since no one else has got Ocarina for that price besides the OP, I'd have to say he is right by calling it super YMMV

[quote name='TKSJOHN']Well since no one else has got Ocarina for that price besides the OP, I'd have to say he is right by calling it super YMMV[/QUOTE]

It's only the Commerce store (near Goodrich/Whittier Blvd) that has/had it at $11.98, at least until someone else finds it at that price at another store. However, R&C:A41 and AC:B are $5.98 at every store I've visited.

[quote name='jonnysniper']I can't make this up guys
Pokemon mystery dungeon 10.48 and I got 10 dollar gift card for reserving Pokemon X for $1
nWm72A4.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Checked on this at 1 store. Full price.

I stoopped by target and their clearance rack was messier than usual. A lot of junk like 14.98 copies of some old 360 off roading game, forgot the name. They had a bunch of the PS3 move blasters for over 20. urban camo ps3 headset blutooth for 26 or so.

They had Rayman Origins vita for 20.98. In their value game section saw Ratchet all 4 one for 5.98 and Street Fighter X Tekken for ps3 marked on shelf for 8.98 and 360 for 11.98. I scanned the ps3 one on the scanner and rang up 19.99.

pass on everything since have too many games to play already

Surprisingly my store had :ps3: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and ratchet and Clank: All 4 One for $5.98 each, too bad I already own both >.>

Yesterday picked up Everybody Dance on a Target Clearance rack for $3.26 with a sticker saying AS IS instead of clearance, it was sealed and I bought the game and boots up fine

Kinda off topic but is there any truth to this or anything even close? Saw it posted on FB and most of the time its fake. TIA.

30iawkj.jpg

[quote name='D0RC']Kinda off topic but is there any truth to this or anything even close? Saw it posted on FB and most of the time its fake. TIA.

30iawkj.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This is actually true. Ending in "4" indicates the final markdown before becoming "salvage". If there's only a few of an item, the team leader can opt to mark the item down again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back