Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still hoping that the white 500GB PS3 will hit clearance sometime, but I'm with jer; I haven't seriously gone through Target clearance in like a year. Either they just aren't putting good stuff on clearance in my area, or there are too many piranhas in the tank.
Same. My launch PS3 just died last week, sent it off for a repair. Would love a white PS3 but no way in hell I'd pay $300. Is discontinued at target yet still MSRP.

And a few of us have been getting them for the cost of the 2 cheapest games they can find at Target, via the magic B2G1 coupon ;)

Speaking of cheap filler for the coupon, the clearanced Cooking Mama and Gardening Mama games for < $5 have been wonderful. Nothing like 2 x $5 + free $179.99/$119.99 games...
Lol. I got 1 of the first run of the coupons. A legit 1. Was a no go for the ACIII Limited. So, I got a Black Ops/Dualshock bundle and 2 PC games I'd, actually, play.

When he's talking about Fallout Trilogy I'm pretty sure he means this in some form since it's been released in a number of different retail packages with the same contents: http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-Trilogy-3-Pack-Compilation-Pc/dp/B001V9PTVE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374612249&sr=8-1&keywords=fallout+trilogy

It's not a terrible price but it does show up on Steam or GOG for about that price, or a little less, two or three times a year.
Different cover art but I'm sure that's it. Might grab it if it's still there next time i'm in the area (been on the shelf for at least 2 weeks). Should be zeroed out if still there on Monday. It's just that I haven't played a PC game since Axis vs. Allies and Starcraft on Windows 98.

Different cover art but I'm sure that's it. Might grab it if it's still there next time i'm in the area (been on the shelf for at least 2 weeks). Should be zeroed out if still there on Monday. It's just that I haven't played a PC game since Axis vs. Allies and Starcraft on Windows 98.
They're definitely an all time classic set of PC games every bit as much as Starcraft is. Some people like to bash Tactics as the worst Fallout game but it's actually near the top for me. Granted, those people usually haven't actually played it and are just doing so because it's different but that's the internet for you.

Lol. I got 1 of the first run of the coupons. A legit 1. Was a no go for the ACIII Limited. So, I got a Black Ops/Dualshock bundle and 2 PC games I'd, actually, play.
Add this as another thing that Target clearanced then raised the price. I got 2 of these bundles, for around $20/each($17.98? I forget), some months ago. Now, I think this is priced $79.99.

Woohoo, got the mythical B2G1 coupon:  bought some milk, crackers and pens  :?: .

Now to see what I can find

Found a SW 360 - for $400

Does anyone know if Targets ship clearance and asis between stores sometimes?

I found an asis copy of Two Worlds 2 for $30.06 today at a store different from one that I had seen the same thing at the same price previously.

Found a SW 360 - for $400

Does anyone know if Targets ship clearance and asis between stores sometimes?

I found an asis copy of Two Worlds 2 for $30.06 today at a store different from one that I had seen the same thing at the same price previously.
From what's been said on here from those in the know it seems to be no they don't. Now, CAGs and others aren't shy about shuffling product between stores for any number of reasons.

I knew that. :p

Shuffling an as is copy of an old-ass game for $30.06 seems a bit weird though.
Might not have been the case but you never know. I've bought stuff I didn't really intend to keep but because the store wasn't one I would normally pass by and didn't want to make the extra trip if I changed my mind. Then it ends up going back to one of the closer stores when I finally decide.

Alright. I'm getting sick and tired of waiting for this original slim PS3 Move bundle to clearance out at my one Target from $299.99. I've checked it 4-5x in the last two weeks and no go on dropping to even 50% off.

Although I don't have to anymore anyway, since I bought one of the $220 super slim bundles with UC3 GOTY and a year of PS+ for $220 yesterday from BB.

Last edited:
Anyone else been getting a lot of buy two get one free on video games coupons lately?

Got one with my last purchases at Manchester, CT. This one expires September 9th. Last two times I spent $100+ on groceries, not a single video game related item.

Anyone else been getting a lot of buy two get one free on video games coupons lately?

Got one with my last purchases at Manchester, CT. This one expires September 9th. Last two times I spent $100+ on groceries, not a single video game related item.
I'm hoping to get one for a super cheap GTA V copy.

It has a expanded groceries section but no deli, etc. I don't know if that qualifies as a super target? It doesn't have the target greatland logo, and closes at 11 (10 on sundays)
Thanks - I've only seen them at super targets so I was starting to wonder, but nope - sounds like your target is pretty unsuper!

I'd be hard pressed to spend $100+ on groceries at a target...at least the ones I go to. : )

once again, nothing good at my Target.  The only games on clearence the last month have been 3 copies of Singularity that are still at $27.98, the same price they were over a year ago :(

Ughhhh, nothing at all is on clearance in Everett, MA. They even still have an ACIII Limited Edition, NBA Baller Beats, and the PS3 Dualshock/Black Ops pack all at full price.

Still no elusive coupon (for me) or good clearance at virtually any of the GA Targets.  Only found one as-is Xbox that I don't need for $209.xx.  Waiting patiently for some of the PS3 bundles to drop cause I need to get one for a friend of mine that won't get one at full price.  Here's to hoping.

Still no elusive coupon (for me) or good clearance at virtually any of the GA Targets. Only found one as-is Xbox that I don't need for $209.xx. Waiting patiently for some of the PS3 bundles to drop cause I need to get one for a friend of mine that won't get one at full price. Here's to hoping.
Did you go to the Snellville store? I returned a 250GB Holiday bundle there and the guy opened it right in front of me to "check if I stole anything from it". The sealed was broken when he opened it too.

I would still buy it but it's not brand new anymore. Once it and the other consoles drop in price (maybe $150) I'll get it again.

Not video game nor electronics related but I didn't want to make a new thread so....; found some Champion running shoes for $8.98 (retail $29.99), Seen them in sizes 6,10, 10 1/2, 11 & 12. Their pretty comfortable!

2rf6k41.jpg

Color (Style) [Size]

Red (Motion Glyde) [11]: 098-07-2037

Royal Blue (Premiere) [12]: 098-07-5878

Charcoal Heather (Premiere) [12]: 098-07-1998

Found some Halo Mega Bloks on clearance at the Alpharetta, GA store. Bought the Target exclusive set, and the one with the Wraith. But no vidja games. S. Tomato is right, GA stores have been empty.

Found some Halo Mega Bloks on clearance at the Alpharetta, GA store. Bought the Target exclusive set, and the one with the Wraith. But no vidja games. S. Tomato is right, GA stores have been empty.
You should have waited until tomorrow. More than likely bulk of the toys clearance will hit 70% off. People say toy markdown is on Wed, but 99% of the time they do it on Thursday's at my stores.

I wanted to buy a Xbox 360 CoD: MW3 Bundle on tax free weekend but found out consoles aren't apart of the sale. Damn! Hopefully it drops in price again. It's at $200 right now.

Panasonic SC-HTB20 Soundsysystem (008-02-1100)
$80
2cofspi.jpg

Hooked it up already, it sounds freaking amazing. 1 HD input/output, 2 optical & remote.

My store has very little to offer clearance wise. Old PS2 game (wrestling, not sure the exact title, again it was mentioned already), a Sly Cooper for the PS Vita which has been at $20.98 for the last month, and Smart As for PS Vita. I could imagine it picking back up in a few weeks, especially with them stocking up more TV's on the shelves this past weekend, and with the new game systems coming out in a few months.

Sly is on clearance at your store? Well that's new. Still full price at mine and Smart As never went on clearance by me and is still on display for full price. :( would probably have picked it up by now.

My store has very little to offer clearance wise. Old PS2 game (wrestling, not sure the exact title, again it was mentioned already), a Sly Cooper for the PS Vita which has been at $20.98 for the last month, and Smart As for PS Vita. I could imagine it picking back up in a few weeks, especially with them stocking up more TV's on the shelves this past weekend, and with the new game systems coming out in a few months.
I've had my eye on a clearance Sly Cooper at my store for at least 5 weeks now. Every Monday I go and check to see if they have reduced the price. It just won't drop below $20.98. Its driving me crazy.

Well my local Target has gone from an electronics clearance end cap to two small shelves and now none at all in the course of the last couple weeks.

Went trying to find the magical coupon that let's you get the highest-priced game free: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310067-ymmv-target-coupon-b2g1-free-all-video-games/page-4

No coupon. Got a $20.98 Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Starter Pack for $10.98 + $1 pre-order card. PS3 and Xbox versions were the same price. There was some Skylanders pack for Wii for $17.98, but I forget.

Debating on taking it back when I take this other coupon hunting stuff back.
I tried googling for the b2g1 game coupon from target when no topic came up when I just searched CaG. And your post is what popped up on google =) I did check your link and looks like its dead now =(

I finally got one of these illusive coupons today! WOOT! the girl checking me out was super excited when it popped out of the catalina

Mine is good through Sept 9 and all I purchased was a Lego Hobbit set that I found in the clearance set (that I had already made my day but this coupon made it even better)

I tried googling for the b2g1 game coupon from target when no topic came up when I just searched CaG. And your post is what popped up on google =) I did check your link and looks like its dead now =(

I finally got one of these illusive coupons today! WOOT! the girl checking me out was super excited when it popped out of the catalina

Mine is good through Sept 9 and all I purchased was a Lego Hobbit set that I found in the clearance set (that I had already made my day but this coupon made it even better)
Lucky, I bought some diapers and goo gone today but no luck for me. Would have been the perfect opportunity to grab Xillia.

I've heard that the B2G1 coupon doesn't work for the highest priced item anymore. That true? And our dear favorite moderators deleted that topic so I can't ask there.

If anyone is willing to ship me one of those Call of Duty XBox 360's if they are around 200 like some are saying.  I would gladly pay cost shipping and something extra if they have a bunch and you are going.  Would really appreciate it, have a lot of feedback here and we could bang out any details via PM.  Not going to resell, need the extra memory and I like to replace my xbox every few years.

Or if anyone in the NJ NY area knows of any, I tried a couple near me without luck.  

I've had my eye on a clearance Sly Cooper at my store for at least 5 weeks now. Every Monday I go and check to see if they have reduced the price. It just won't drop below $20.98. Its driving me crazy.
Yeah I went to the store again today, still seen it at the same price. I'm thinking maybe they are forgetting to reduce the price for where it's hanging at, right next to some hard drives. Picked up a Soundfreaq soundkick for $29.98 today though, normally $99. Seen some Temple Run board games for $3.98 also but that was on an end cap with just clearance toys. Also remember, Monday is supposed to technically be when they do clearance on electronics but at times I seen stuff get reduced in electronics as late as Thursday.

Well my local Target has gone from an electronics clearance end cap to two small shelves and now none at all in the course of the last couple weeks.
All the stores near me did this weeks ago. One combined it with toys at first... but I havent seen a single electronic item on clearance in 3 different stores in well over a month or 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back