Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
My total was 13 8 steel book 360 copies n 5 ps3
Go brag about that here: http://slickdeals.net/f/6211260-Tomb-Raider-360-PS3-for-0-99-YMMV-Target

Seriously, this isn't even a thread about that deal, it is the Target clearance thread. Who cares that you got 13 copies of Tomb Raider? I hope the TIV drops and/or eBay becomes filled with these, so you make nothing.

On topic, I saw a red price tag for 11.97 where the Legend of Zelda OOT 3DS had previously been. All the copies were gone, so I guess someone decided to horde them all. Oh well, it was probably just a pricing error anyway. Also, I bought a few clearance games and got one of the B2G1 coupons that expires 9/19. I am going to use it on Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, and the Kingdom Hearts Collection.

Go brag about that here: http://slickdeals.net/f/6211260-Tomb-Raider-360-PS3-for-0-99-YMMV-Target

Seriously, this isn't even a thread about that deal, it is the Target clearance thread. Who cares that you got 13 copies of Tomb Raider? I hope the TIV drops and/or eBay becomes filled with these, so you make nothing.

On topic, I saw a red price tag for 11.97 where the Legend of Zelda OOT 3DS had previously been. All the copies were gone, so I guess someone decided to horde them all. Oh well, it was probably just a pricing error anyway. Also, I bought a few clearance games and got one of the B2G1 coupons that expires 9/19. I am going to use it on Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, and the Kingdom Hearts Collection.
It's still a Target deal thread. Congrats for getting so many copies! Great deal hunting at it's best. Hopefully he didn't clear out the store or if he did he did it at the last minute.

Either way, no need to be mad. Unneeded anger.

Why are you so hostile? Deals like this always have one or two people that try to sound like an internet badass by claiming they got X of Y. It really wouldn't be a deal unless someone honestly claimed to do it 20+ times and got 19 steel books and 13 of those attempts resulted in them getting a $5 dollar giftcard.

I agree with him though. Bragging is pointless. There are many who were unable to even get a copy of the game.

2 maybe 3 copies is reasonable but the guy is grabbing 10+ with only one purpose in mind.

Also lol @ Admiralvic

Did the tag have the same DCPI# listed underneath? They may have shifted a different game into its location, my Target changes game locations all the time. As a matter of fact they switched all the PS3 games with the Xbox 360 games this week, it was a bit confusing since I was always used to the Xbox 360 games to be on the right side of the aisle and not the left.

But like you said, it is very possible that Target did in fact clearance this game out as it wouldn't be the first time that a Target put a game like this on clearance. Cheers to anyone who got it at that price, I personally could not wait for it to go on sale and ended up purchasing it from Best Buy.

why-you-mad-tho1.jpg
Why don't you know the definition of flipping?

Also, I am not mad or hostile. I was able to grab a PS3 copy for myself. Buying one or two copies to flip isn't that big of a deal, but ten is excessive... I think it would be funny if the TIV tanked or eBay became saturated with these.

Even though they went to several different stores buying all those copies probably caused somebody to miss out on the deal. At the very least, I bet someone missed out on the version with the steelbook, because someone bought eight.

9/19 are your for reeeeeal? I need one of those so I can get GTA V for cheap. Hope that was a typo meant to be 9/9 as I've got one of those and I haven't seen them extend it by only a week. The coupon extended from 7/15 -> 8/12 -> 9/9 so I can't imagine they would extend one week.

I really don't care if you flip or not, im just saying don't act like you arent when you clearly are, lol.
I like how they tried to zing you with a "cool story, bro" when they're sharing their own cool story in the wrong thread.

But oh MAN did they tell you off with those neato JPEGs.

Was simply stating my haul, and Craigslist n WalMart return for gift cards is the way I go not trade in, but ever notice people hate on others for a petty reason as me getting bunch of $1 games like you yourself owns Target and if you did id tell you kiss my ass change your computers and/or train your employees better. I did nothing illegal an don't dare talk about immoral its should be considered immoral that 95% of all products these companies sell are marked up 1000%....

Was simply stating my haul, and Craigslist n WalMart return for gift cards is the way I go not trade in, but ever notice people hate on others for a petty reason as me getting bunch of $1 games like you yourself owns Target and if you did id tell you kiss my ass change your computers and/or train your employees better. I did nothing illegal an don't dare talk about immoral its should be considered immoral that 95% of all products these companies sell are marked up 1000%....
Return fraud is illegal and immoral

doesn't wally still only allow you to return with no receipt 3 x per driver's license, per year?
Just checked their site and it says no more than 3 items within a 45 day period. Who would have that many legitimate items to return in such a short period?

Return Fraud is not to be discussed.

Wish I could find have found just one ps3 steel book copy for $20, so probably have to resort to Ebay to purchase one (since they were limited production first run copies only)

You are committing retail fraud, which can escalate to a felony quickly. What you are doing is even worse than flipping. Retail fraud contributes to the high price of consumer goods. Even though you are whining about retailers being greedy, you are helping raise the cost of goods. Good job. :applause:

Wish I could find have found just one ps3 steel book copy for $20, so probably have to resort to Ebay to purchase one (since they were limited production first run copies only)
I will sell you my steelbook for cheap. It's a little bit too big for my liking

i dont even think they were first run copies. I work in target electronics and every new shipment of TR that we got in after release were the steelbooks. I think they made a ton of these, it was only until last week that we stopped getting them and now all we have is the regular version.

You are committing retail fraud, which can escalate to a felony quickly. What you are doing is even worse than flipping. Retail fraud contributes to the high price of consumer goods. Even though you are whining about retailers being greedy, you are helping raise the cost of goods. Good job. :applause:
Just a wee too much hyperbole here. Returning things to a store you didn't buy them from is most definitely not criminal (unless you stole the item in the first place, which would make that act a crime regardless of whether you returned the goods to the store). It might be frowned upon which is fine, but to call it criminal is laughable.

Just a wee too much hyperbole here. Returning things to a store you didn't buy them from is most definitely not criminal (unless you stole the item in the first place, which would make that act a crime regardless of whether you returned the goods to the store). It might be frowned upon which is fine, but to call it criminal is laughable.
To quote Wikipedia....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_fraud

Some examples of the return fraud and abuse problems include:

• Wardrobing or renting: Purchasing merchandise for short-term use with the intent to return the item, such as a dress for a special occasion, a video camera for graduations and weddings or a big-screen television for the Super Bowl.
  • Returning stolen merchandise: Shoplifting with the objective to return the item(s) for full price, plus any sales tax.
  • Receipt fraud: Utilizing reused, stolen or falsified receipts to return merchandise for profit. Alternatively, returning goods purchased on sale or from a different store at a lower price with the intention of profiting from the difference.
  • Employee fraud: Assistance from employees to return stolen goods for full retail price.
  • Price switching: Placing lower priced labels on merchandise with the intention of returning the item(s) at the higher price point.
  • Price arbitrage: Purchasing differently priced, but similar-looking merchandise and returning the cheaper item as the expensive one.
  • Switch fraud: Purchasing a working item, and returning a damaged or defective identical item that was already owned.
Return policies have historically served as the primary way for retailers to combat return fraud and abuse; the challenge is keeping policies from being overly restrictive and/or inconsistently interpreted, both of which may discourage loyal customers and affect purchases. Separately, automated solutions have also been developed to help combat return fraud and abuse, including unbiased software programs that detect such behavior and help retailers determine whether a return is valid. These software programs allow retailers to maintain reasonable price points for consumers, maintain lenient return policies for their good customers, and offer better and more consistent customer service. Reducing fraudulent and abusive returns helps a retailer’s financial situation by lowering costs, preserving net sales, reducing shrink, while still delivering better service to their shoppers.

i dont even think they were first run copies. I work in target electronics and every new shipment of TR that we got in after release were the steelbooks. I think they made a ton of these, it was only until last week that we stopped getting them and now all we have is the regular version.
Hey, thanks for the info. That's mean there are a lot more out there than I originally thought, so I don't have to hurry to purchase one before they're all gone.

I ended up missin out on the Tomb Raider deal because someone in my local area was able to do this with 20+ copies just from one store. That store then reported it to all the other stores making it impossible for me to get in on this deal. I just wanted 1 copy to play. Everyone bragging about how many copies they were able to obtain makes me sick. You made someone miss out on this deal. Just because you leave copies behind doesn't mean you didn't already send a red flag to management so they can put a stop to this deal.

Enough with the flipping discussion.  This is not the place for it.  Don't bring up the Target coupon or Tomb Raider, either.  Those have nothing to do with clearance items.

I have been checking several Target's video game sections after the reset, a lot of titles that were clearanced a few months ago are getting shelf space again, even stranger that they are getting price labels from the last clearance price. So far only the XBox 360 section is like this.

The Walking Dead $8.98
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 $8.98
Transformers Fall of Cybertron $29.98
Battlefield 3 Special Edition $11.98
Rockstar Games Collection Edition 1 $41.98
Batman Arkham City GOTY $8.98

So far nothing stocked yet.
That's an excellent price for The Walking Dead - it's the Telltale Games version, right?

RS CE 1 isn't a bad price as well, but you can probably find the games individually cheaper.

Anyone happen to know the XBOX 360 Star Wars Bundle dcpi? I can find the inventory tracker but the item itself has been removed from the website. There is one showing at the store down the road but I didn't see it in the display. Hoping it is in the back.

I went into my local target in Hawaii yesterday and they had a PALLET of Wii consoles (black ones) for 50% off clearance $49.98. Though I forgot to grab the DPCI as Hawaii is always lagging behind from Continental USA clearances. Maybe you guys seen them earlier in the month or last month.

I have been checking several Target's video game sections after the reset, a lot of titles that were clearanced a few months ago are getting shelf space again, even stranger that they are getting price labels from the last clearance price. So far only the XBox 360 section is like this.

The Walking Dead $8.98

Saw these price tags at a store as well, with no stock of any of the games (only the X360 versions IIRC as well). Running their DPCI's indicated "Item Not Found" on the store's scanners.

Anyone happen to know the XBOX 360 Star Wars Bundle dcpi? I can find the inventory tracker but the item itself has been removed from the website. There is one showing at the store down the road but I didn't see it in the display. Hoping it is in the back.
IIRC, it was 207-21-0010. Here's the link to check your nearest stores for it.

Happened to luck out today. Have been watching the COD MW bundles and SW Kinect bundles like a hawk. MW never droped below $209 and SW shot back to MSRP. They both disappeared. There was like 6 MW and 3 SW. The old guy who has been watching me scan the dcpi #'s like a fiend asked if I wanted him to check the back. 10 minutes later comes out with a Gears bundle . Scans it rings up a shade under $90. Says im not even going to ask if you want it. Hell I had my target card out already to get my % 5 off. I was thrilled to say the least :)

The Walking Dead $8.98

Saw these price tags at a store as well, with no stock of any of the games (only the X360 versions IIRC as well). Running their DPCI's indicated "Item Not Found" on the store's scanners.
Do you two know if those stores update clearance on Monday or Friday? It sounds like some of the Friday update weirdness. (eg. the Bioshock Infinite/Tomb Raider clearances a couple weeks after they came out)

I cant get the store locatoer to bring up the items with those dpci's. It just gives me other xbox systems. Is there a trick to get it to work?

Happened to luck out today. Have been watching the COD MW bundles and SW Kinect bundles like a hawk. MW never droped below $209 and SW shot back to MSRP. They both disappeared. There was like 6 MW and 3 SW. The old guy who has been watching me scan the dcpi #'s like a fiend asked if I wanted him to check the back. 10 minutes later comes out with a Gears bundle . Scans it rings up a shade under $90. Says im not even going to ask if you want it. Hell I had my target card out already to get my % 5 off. I was thrilled to say the least :)
Do you have the DPCI or te item number for the GOW bundle?

Do you two know if those stores update clearance on Monday or Friday? It sounds like some of the Friday update weirdness. (eg. the Bioshock Infinite/Tomb Raider clearances a couple weeks after they came out)
Checking Target right now, the shelf space of those titles I listed has been removed now.
Clearancing usually happens on Monday for my stores.

Just mentioning this for CAGs who may also be looking for other items.  My store decided to re-clearance a bunch of household and other items (furniture, etc.) that they took off of clearance about 3 weeks ago.  Very strange.  

Checking Target right now, the shelf space of those titles I listed has been removed now.
Clearancing usually happens on Monday for my stores.
A couple of stores around me still have the new clearance price tags/placeholders for those games in the palstic prisons, but of course none in stock. DPCIs come up as "ITEM NOT FOUND" in store and "NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS LOCATION" via the online inventory checker. Many other locations have the games in stock at full price, so I might try getting them via the usual magic method.

I haven't used them myself but I have heard that they're supposed to be pretty good.
They are pretty darn good actually. Probably not worth more than $100 (especially to audiophiles- I had a pair of Shure e4c earbuds a while back that WERE exquisite but now I just use cheap buds and find these a big step up) but hard to pass up for less than 50. I got them for that plus my employee/redcard discount and paid around 45 with tax.

There was only one other store in the area that had any on clearance (just one or two in stock) and by the time they got slashed past 75% off, I was pretty sure they'd all be gone so I just picked them up for 1/3 retail

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back