Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
i bought a dvd of Uncle Buck/The Great Outdoors for $3 something from target clearance the other day. HOT DEALS!

Finally, some good Target clearance for me. All PS3, all $5.98:

Defiance

Resident Evil 6

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean

Lego Star Wars III

VM

likewise, saw those and also

hitman absolution :ps3: 5.98
madden 13 vita 5.98
fifa 13 vita 5.98
assassin's creed brotherhood 5.98

If you need fillers for bby's trade 5 get $25 deal several of the above work (ac:b, the vita games, others?) as they have base values of $5. I was short two games for the promo so I just snagged two of those from the target across the street.

Also discovered that the $1 pacman 3ds preorder cards with figures can trigger the 30% off 2 video games register coupon (that's good through black friday). good target day.

also think I saw that nikon one (point and shoot with removable lenses) at 70% off.

wish I could find Hitman for that price on PS3 around here. great game!

this is 1000% YMMV, but today I found a GTA 5 Viewfinder for the whooping price of....a penny. A Single Penny. Marked As Is.

Best part is that the tag is marked "Original-.01 As-Is .06" and it rang up a penny.

Also snagged an AC:Brotherhood and Lego Pirates for $5.98 each with some applesauce for the lady. Used the 30% coupon which only worked for the 2 games, not the total, and scored another 30% coupon.

Also discovered that the $1 pacman 3ds preorder cards with figures can trigger the 30% off 2 video games register coupon (that's good through black friday).

Also snagged an AC:Brotherhood and Lego Pirates for $5.98 each with some applesauce for the lady. Used the 30% coupon which only worked for the 2 games, not the total, and scored another 30% coupon
Did you guys use Red Cards or another form of payment?

Saw:

PS3 - Defiance - $5.98
PS3 - Resident Evil 6 - $5.98

Picked up :

PS3 - LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - $5.98

I also got one of the 30% off 2 games coupons today. :D

I continue to strike out in my quest to get one of these 30% off coupons.  Yesterday I bought a Pac-Man $1.00 card - no coupon.  Today I bought a clearance game, and again came up empty.  Stopped at another Target on way to work and bought an XBox 1600 point card and still came up empty handed.  I'll probably try another Pac-Man this evening. 

I saw this Book of Spells for $6.76

null_zps9118170e.jpg

But I went in to snag these:

null_zpsca343dc5.jpg

I stopped by my local Target today hoping to beef up my PS3 collection (mainly with RE6), but all I found was FF XIII - 2 (360) for 6 bucks...wasn't sure how good of a deal it was so I didn't pick it up. Should I go back and get it or was it not worth the 6 bucks? Havent played a FF game in a long time so I haven't exactly been watching the prices.

I stopped by my local Target today hoping to beef up my PS3 collection (mainly with RE6), but all I found was FF XIII - 2 (360) for 6 bucks...wasn't sure how good of a deal it was so I didn't pick it up. Should I go back and get it or was it not worth the 6 bucks? Havent played a FF game in a long time so I haven't exactly been watching the prices.
It's a great price. Best Buy has it for $10 right now, and they have Novella editions. I also have Best Buy credit, so I would rather buy from there, but $6 for the standard edition is still great.

Totally worth it! I got mines a few months ago for $5.06 at Target.

Struck out trying to grab a Vita FIFA 13 though I did find a Vita LEGO Lord of the Rings for $5.98. I have it already but figured someone might be interested in trading for it. If not, I'll just return it. Send me a PM if willing to swap FIFA for LEGO. Thanks.

Picked up Defiance and RE 6 both for $5.98 each.  I know the ResEvil games have hit the crapper the past several releases but for $6, why not?  Don't know much about Defiance other than it's an MMO.  Sounds kinda cool that you can play by yourself but see others doing things without having to set up any teams or whatever.  My first online gaming experience that I can recall other than playing against some of my buddies in Madden or MLB the Show.

A couple questions:

1. Is the DPCI inventory checker borked for anyone else?

2. Has anyone tried the 2/30% off coupon with a game and a system?

Got some creepy Target coupons in the mail the other day. I was like, I buy that. I buy that. Wait, wtf. Then, read the front and they're hand-picked coupons. :dunce:

Saw tons of stuff today when I went in to grab GOW Saga.  Let's see if I can make out my crappy cell phone pictures.

:wiiu: Fifa Soccer 13 - $41.98

:wiiu: Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge - $41.98

:360: AMPX Amplified Gaming Headset - $14.98

:pS3: Afterglow AP.1 Controller - $14.98

:ps3: Battleship - $20.98

:3DS: The Amazing Spiderman - $13.98

:3DS: Cars 2 - $13.98

:3DS: Lego Star Wars III - $13.98

:3DS: Nicktoons MLB 3D - $9.98

:3DS: Transformers (I can't tell if it's Prime or Dark of the Moon) - $13.98

:DS: The Amazing Spiderman - $13.98

:DS: Camping Mama Outdoor Adventures - $13.98

:DS: Cars 2 - $13.98

:DS: Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force - $13.98

:DS: Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force: Herbert's Revenge - $13.98

:DS: Happy Feet Two - $13.98

:DS: Lalaloopsy (with doll) - $13.98

:DS: Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - $13.98

:DS: Power Rangers Samurai - $13.98

:DS: Scooby Doo: The Spooky Swamp - $13.98

:DS: Wipeout 2 - $13.98

And there's at least one other DS/3DS game I can't make out.  So nothing fantastic, but it's worth keeping an eye on.

Anyone have the DPCI or know how to get it for Tales of Xillia Limited Edition (not Collector's Edition)?

Found it; 207-24-0554. What are the odds this makes it to clearance?

:360: Transformers Fall of Cybertron $29.98
:ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood $5.98
:ps3: Resistance 3 $7.56
:wiiu: FIFA 13 $41.98

Also ran into a Digipower Battery Charger for Canon $8.98. I lost my recharger a few weeks ago and this pop up just in time.

Anyone have the DPCI or know how to get it for Tales of Xillia Limited Edition (not Collector's Edition)?

Found it; 207-24-0554. What are the odds this makes it to clearance?
90%+ Worldwide, but impossible to give any other figure. Target does not have a uniform system and things that happen at location A might not happen at location B or perhaps even another location. Like many people reported KH 3D going on clearance, but all my locations still have copies for MSRP. Some people reported AC III going on sale, but everyone I've seen has remained at MSRP (except for one as is). One location near me had Toddy cleaning cloths (they're seriously the best and worth the extra, but not MSRP) for $1.92 and another location had them for $2.94, but no other stores had them on sale. Then another location had the three packs on sale, but no other location had that. They also had some tripods on clearance, which no other store had.

The point being, you can go to 5 different stores and find completely different items on clearance or the same items on different cycles. It's going to depend more on how quickly it sells and perhaps how much space they need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back