Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got Fifa Soccer 13 for $5.98 on VITA at my local SoCal Target. It may be worth checking for you 3 other VITA Owners, it was hiding with all the 3ds clearance games and bunch of of NookHD cases. First non-digital VITA game purchase.

My Target had Vita Fifa for $5.98. Also I think the Wii U version was $40.98. 

Also, some crappy shovelware DS game was like $5.98...can't remember the name, started with a K and seemed like it was targeted at little girls.

Also, grabbed Pikmin 2 for Wii for $14.98 on clearance...because I was a dumb-dumb and didn't buy it last winter for cheap.

Saw today

Add-on pack Borderlands 2 Xbox 360 $8.98 DCPI 207-22-0913

Dead Island Riptide Xbox 360 $8.98 DCPI 207-22-0786

Also of note Almost all of the AS-IS clearance in the area has been marked down rather crazy . Like 88% off the as-is price . Got a couple of Blu's/Kids DVDs and some graphic novels. Pretty sweet :)

A lot of DS games:
:3ds: Need For Speed The Run $13.98
:3ds: Puzzler World 2012 3D $13.98
:ds: Garfield Funfest $4.98
:ds: Crafting Mama $13.98
:ds: Diner Dash Flo On The Go $7.48
:ds: Club Penguin Herbert's Revenge $13.98
:ds: Cars 2 $9.98

A lot of DS games:
:3ds: Need For Speed The Run $13.98
:3ds: Puzzler World 2012 3D $13.98
:ds: Garfield Funfest $4.98
:ds: Crafting Mama $13.98
:ds: Diner Dash Flo On The Go $7.48
:ds: Club Penguin Herbert's Revenge $13.98
:ds: Cars 2 $9.98
Saw a similar selection here, too, along with a stack of Wii U copies of Smurfs 2. I think they actually put these out at the end of last week instead of today, though. Not sure if they've changed their clearance schedule or what.

The last few days checking:

:ds: Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron $13.98

:wiiu: The Smurfs 2 $19.98

:wii: Dream Dance & Cheer $10.48

:wii: Jeep Thrills $10.48

:360: Kinect Star Wars $13.98

:360: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 $9.98

:360: Dead Island Riptide $20.98

:ps3: NBA 2K13 $27.98

:ds: Phineas and Ferb Across the 2nd Dimension $13.98

:wiiu: Sing Party $41.98

Strategy Guides:

Little Big Planet 2 $9.98

Madden NFL 11 $9.98

Super Mario Galaxy 2 $13.98

Battlefield 3 $13.98

Just to make sure, since it's been a while since Easter, the good candy hits 70% around 4-5 days after Halloween, right?

30% at my Target today, but the good stuff is also usually cleared out within 2 days around here. I hit a grocery store last night that was doing 50% off and surprisingly had a bunch in stock.

On-topic, saw a couple more FIFA 13 PS3 at $20.98

Bunch of games just got repackaged tagged at my store been waiting for this. Too bad no more marvel vs capcom 3 for vita :(
mortal kombat on vita is $10,
Hitman HD trilogy is $20 360
Sleeping dogs $15 ps3
To note a couple

The last few days checking:

:360: Kinect Star Wars $13.98

:360: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 $9.98

:360: Dead Island Riptide $20.98
Saw all this near me at the same prices (OK, Tekken might have been $13.98), along with a crapload of SSX for $9.98. SSX has sold almost nothing in a week out of about 20 copies, so I'm pretty confident I'll see it drop to $5.98, but the rest number in the twos or threes and I'm not as optimistic.

Stopped by St. Charles Target and they finally had some clearance games in the sub-$20 range:

:360:
SSX
Tekken Tag (2?)
Assassins Creed 2

PS3
Numerous tags, didn't look closely

3DS Need for Speed The Run
DS Kingdom Hearts 358/2

There were also 2 of the Bose SoundLink that were around $150-$175 (online)

2oz2.jpg

Found this today. 2 copies left at long beach target (off 91).

Saw someone clear out a handful of COD coozies. They actually had a .01 price label. Didn't see any at the other two Targets I stopped at on the way home.

Picked up:

360: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 $5.98 (Q2 one for me, one for my buddy)

360: Dead Island Riptide Special Edition $8.98 

Wish I could have gotten one of those Zeldas!!

Saw someone clear out a handful of COD coozies. They actually had a .01 price label. Didn't see any at the other two Targets I stopped at on the way home.

coozies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back