Target Clearance Thread XXII

Target price matching is so annoying.   "It has to come up on my tblet or else I can't do it."  "But right here on the Best Buy website it says $1.99"  "sorry can't do it."

I've also been told "Oh [store name] has this on sale so we can't price match their sale price."  "but that's the whole point of price matching."

Heaven forbid you use Target's wifi while looking at the Target app in store and yo come across a clearance price.  Go to customer service "hey the app says it's this price"  "Nope, tablet doesn't bring that up."  "but this is your store's app using your store's wifi." "sorry!"

the end.

Yeah I had that crap trying to match some toilet paper the other day. Was incredibly stupid.

In other stupid news they've shipped me a chipped card.

Target price matching is so annoying. "It has to come up on my tblet or else I can't do it." "But right here on the Best Buy website it says $1.99" "sorry can't do it."

I've also been told "Oh [store name] has this on sale so we can't price match their sale price." "but that's the whole point of price matching."

Heaven forbid you use Target's wifi while looking at the Target app in store and yo come across a clearance price. Go to customer service "hey the app says it's this price" "Nope, tablet doesn't bring that up." "but this is your store's app using your store's wifi." "sorry!"

the end.
Their employees are actually trained to price match in a way not to get screwed by customers. Its not like Walmart where you can walk out with a $90 PS4 by showing them random seller Amazon listings.

Target price matching is so annoying. "It has to come up on my tblet or else I can't do it." "But right here on the Best Buy website it says $1.99" "sorry can't do it."

I've also been told "Oh [store name] has this on sale so we can't price match their sale price." "but that's the whole point of price matching."

Heaven forbid you use Target's wifi while looking at the Target app in store and yo come across a clearance price. Go to customer service "hey the app says it's this price" "Nope, tablet doesn't bring that up." "but this is your store's app using your store's wifi." "sorry!"

the end.

Their employees are actually trained to price match in a way not to get screwed by customers. Its not like Walmart where you can walk out with a $90 PS4 by showing them random seller Amazon listings.
Exactly. Go ahead and thank all the dickholes that screwed them over for making it harder for not-scumbags to do legit price matches.

If they won't PM in store, then you can go home and order it online.. but you can only PM 1 item per order, so that's a lot of fun, too.

I understand they're trying to not get screwed, but if you say you'll pricematch certain stores or websites and then when I try to do that and you say "no sorry the tablet doesn't show that," that's just dumb. This is for trying to save $2 on Printer Ink so I don't have to make a second stop, it's not PM'ing things and then secretly cartwheeling and dealing. $2 shouldn't be so hard.

Besides, if I want to take advantage of untrained employees, I'll call up and choose one of the foreign language options to get one of those people to do my dastardly deeds. (Seriously, if someone's giving you a hassle and you're not doing anything crazy, just choose to use the Chinese operator or whatever - they speak English, too!).

https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/shop-with-confidence

From their own corporate site, show them this the next time their shitty ipads can't find it.

Price Match Guarantee

We’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item at Target then find the identical item for less at Target.com, select online competitors, or in Target’s or competitor’s local print ad. Price matches may be requested at time of purchase or Price adjustments within 14 days after purchase. The full list of online competitors is available online or at Guest Services.

Price Match Guarantee: the details

If you find a current lower price within 14 days after purchase, just bring in the proof and we will adjust your payment to the lower price, upon request. Target store price matches and adjustments are completed at the store at Guest Services.

Please bring the entire printed ad, or show the online price or digital version of ad on your mobile device for proof of price. Original receipts or packing slips are required for price adjustments after purchase. Competitor catalogs can be matched as long as the price is identifiable and valid and all other price match criteria are met.

For the longest time Target didn't even have price matching.  Ipad price matching is better than no price matching at all.

I'm slightly salty.

If anyone finds a Medium at that price please pick it up for me and PM me. Medium is 057-03-0604
Don't feel bad, they're probably online returns as target doesn't carry the 2nd version after the bath they took on the 1st.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

They really should have run the B1G2 for a second week.

I saw some Office 365 cards on the clearance end caps at multiple stores. The cheapest had the 1YR/5PC Home one for $47.
These finally dropped to $34.26 at my local store. DPCI from the receipt is 207-08-0339, but the item is marked AS-IS and Brickseek shows 0 in my area, even though there were still at least ten on the pegs. Cashier was able to scan the barcode, but they seem to be deleted from the system. Even more YMMV than normal, but I have seen these at three different stores in my area.

These finally dropped to $34.26 at my local store. DPCI from the receipt is 207-08-0339, but the item is marked AS-IS and Brickseek shows 0 in my area, even though there were still at least ten on the pegs. Cashier was able to scan the barcode, but they seem to be deleted from the system. Even more YMMV than normal, but I have seen these at three different stores in my area.
Were they the 1 year/5 PC ones?

Did they activate properly?

https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/shop-with-confidence

From their own corporate site, show them this the next time their shitty ipads can't find it.

Price Match Guarantee

We’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item at Target then find the identical item for less at Target.com, select online competitors, or in Target’s or competitor’s local print ad. Price matches may be requested at time of purchase or Price adjustments within 14 days after purchase. The full list of online competitors is available online or at Guest Services.

Price Match Guarantee: the details

If you find a current lower price within 14 days after purchase, just bring in the proof and we will adjust your payment to the lower price, upon request. Target store price matches and adjustments are completed at the store at Guest Services.

Please bring the entire printed ad, or show the online price or digital version of ad on your mobile device for proof of price. Original receipts or packing slips are required for price adjustments after purchase. Competitor catalogs can be matched as long as the price is identifiable and valid and all other price match criteria are met.
yes, but target.com also has this, presumably to cover it's ass when you show them that lol :

What qualifies as proof of a price?

• Local printed ads: Present the entire printed advertisement. Photos or photocopies of the ad cannot be accepted as verification of a competitors printed ad. Digital versions of printed advertisements are accepted.
  • Online prices: Present the price on your mobile device from a qualifying competitor's website or Target.com. A Target team member will then verify the match using a Target device.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I picked up LEGO® Chima Vardys Ice Vulture Glider 70141 for 70% off.  Surprised it made it that far but it's a pretty meh set. 204-00-0169

Went in this morning to get in on the buy $75 in gaming cards to get a $15 Target gift card deal and saw a new batch of clearance games. Most have already been mentioned here (Fighter Within, Need for Speed, etc), but I did buy Forza Horizon 2 for 360 for $6.96 as-is. My 360 gets played more than my Xbox One so I thought it was a pretty good price.

My store had two new items in the recently empty clearance rack, both PS3: Beyond Two Souls ($10.48) and Gran Turismo 6 ($didn'tcare)

Not clearance and probably not worth mentioning, but just in case anyone cares I got a copy of Cubic Ninja (3DS) from Target yesterday for $19.99.  There was only one copy.  It was in the stores $19.99 games area, outside of the plastic prisons.

Not clearance and probably not worth mentioning, but just in case anyone cares I got a copy of Cubic Ninja (3DS) from Target yesterday for $19.99. There was only one copy. It was in the stores $19.99 games area, outside of the plastic prisons.
I remember seeing this game listed for almost $50 on CL. Definitely grab it for $20 or less. I think I picked up a copy for $5-$6 at Big Lots last year or so.

My target had a bunch of clearance games for once.  Picked up Beyond Two Souls (PS3) for $7.49 and Little Big Planet 2 Special Edition (PS3) for $5.01.

Lego Technic RaceCar 204-00-0788 $38.98 each 70% off
attachicon.gif
image.jpeg
Damn none here in the OC while I'm here

I know, I just meant the DPCI is somewhere. Didn't have a chance to search when I posted.
You were good, I was referring to the post above mine. All I ever do is just go to google, type in the game name and DPCI at the end of it. Honestly took a little time to find a working DPCI for Cubic Ninja, sometimes it can be the very first search result.

Nope. That's the most reliable exploit since the developer no longer exists and as such the game will never be patched at this point. I use it on the current firmware just fine.
I just checked gs.com and it looks like there was a reprint...unless suddenly every gamestop within 100 miles found copies. They're selling it for 34.99, but it's still a better option than looking at ebay. I can't imagine the gamestop reprint has the exploit patched out, but I'd be careful buying these 'new but used' carts.

Lego UCS Star Wars Slave 1 regular/msrp $199.99, $59.98 at EXTREMELY few stores = 70% off. DPCI 204-00-1114

[attachment=21790:image.png]

bread's done
Back