Target Clearance Thread XXII

Really underwhelmed with the toy clearance at the store I stopped at tonight. Got some DC Superhero Girls walkie talkies for $6 but after looking at Amazon reviews I think they'll probably be going back.

Then again even post holiday clearance has been really sad at Target the last few months.
Was looking through this stuff myself (two nephews who are 13 and 6 so sometimes find good birthday gifts on clearance). Found a NERF gun I was tempted to pick up, lots of extreme discounts on Fischer Price imagine next play set stuff (huge Lion Guard playset on clearance for like $6). Saw some lego sets on clearance too which is rare. Nothing that I felt I had to buy but a couple of things i may grab if they go cheaper.

593c00d013e19f88818db6ab14e79492.jpg

Found this at my Target, how rare is it? Scanned $60

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Found some at a local store for $60 as well. Looks like they were in the backroom, someone found it while clearing old stock and put it out. I'll get it if it was $20 and doubt anyone is going to buy it.
BS shows and a store 50 miles away from me has dropped it to $24, crossing my fingers here

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Does that have its own number separate from the vanilla version of Uncharted 4? I saw one last week but it also rang up at $60. I was hoping for $30.

I was at Target last night and noticed they moved a lot of game titles to their usual clearance end cap. I scanned a couple of titles and they rang up as normal price, but they're mixed in with known clearance items. I didn't think to take a picture or make a list of everything I saw, but the couple I was hoping to pick up were The Order: 1886 and Assassin's Creed Chronicles, both for PS4.

I'm thinking they just moved them to the end cap in preparation of clearance prices going live at the start of the week. I'll be heading back to Target tomorrow to check to see if there is any change, but if anyone else has seen something similar let me know.
I wouldn't read too much into that. My Targets seem to do it all the time. They run out of space on the main shelf, and move slightly older games out into the clearance/used area but don't necessarily ever clearance them. Sometimes it happens, but more often that not, it never does, and they just sit there with no price tag on them but scan at full price.

I'm sure they would be clearanced eventually, but there's no real rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes newer games get randomly clearanced before much older ones, etc.

I found a new copy of Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition for 360 on clearance for $9.98 tonight. I believe this is the game that just became backwards compatible on Xbox One. The Ultimate Edition includes Battlefield 1943, Onslaught Mode, Limited Edition Unlocks, and VIP downloads. According to the back of the case, the DLC is a single use code that supposedly expired on 8/31/2011, but it might still work. In any case, here's the DCPI number if anyone wants to search for it: 207220526.

Is anyone able to tell me why the Nintendo aisle looks like Hurricane Katrina went thru it? Its a GHOST TOWN in there..  i.e. the 3DS and Wii U Game cases are like 75% empty.. and this is at 5+ Targets that I've been to since Xmas..

Furthermore why does no one seem to have or carry the NEW Nintendo 3DS XL anymore?   I have been going to BB, Target, GS, and Wally World(take a shower after each trip of course) and they have been OUT OF STOCK since Xmas eve...

I have $200 burning a hole in my pocket..  any idea whats up?

oNe

p.s.  My Black Friday Mario all black Edition finally came in from Walmart 2 weeks ago so I'm sittin on that but I hear the NEW 3DS XL screen is a full inch bigger so waiting on that and returning my special Mario edition.. 

p.s.s.  All this jus because I want to play Chrono Trigga on the "big screen"   and well I guess FFVI too..  or am I doing something wrong here? sKooL me fellas! 

Is anyone able to tell me why the Nintendo aisle looks like Hurricane Katrina went thru it? Its a GHOST TOWN in there.. i.e. the 3DS and Wii U Game cases are like 75% empty.. and this is at 5+ Targets that I've been to since Xmas..

Furthermore why does no one seem to have or carry the NEW Nintendo 3DS XL anymore? I have been going to BB, Target, GS, and Wally World(take a shower after each trip of course) and they have been OUT OF STOCK since Xmas eve...

I have $200 burning a hole in my pocket.. any idea whats up?

oNe

p.s. My Black Friday Mario all black Edition finally came in from Walmart 2 weeks ago so I'm sittin on that but I hear the NEW 3DS XL screen is a full inch bigger so waiting on that and returning my special Mario edition..

p.s.s. All this jus because I want to play Chrono Trigga on the "big screen" and well I guess FFVI too.. or am I doing something wrong here? sKooL me fellas!
N3DSXL was a big Christmas item this year, leading to a lot of sales. Give the guys a bit to restock.

PPS... Wasn't VI a GBA game, and thus not compatible with the 3DS? It's not on the VC either, soo..

Is anyone able to tell me why the Nintendo aisle looks like Hurricane Katrina went thru it? Its a GHOST TOWN in there.. i.e. the 3DS and Wii U Game cases are like 75% empty.. and this is at 5+ Targets that I've been to since Xmas..

Furthermore why does no one seem to have or carry the NEW Nintendo 3DS XL anymore? I have been going to BB, Target, GS, and Wally World(take a shower after each trip of course) and they have been OUT OF STOCK since Xmas eve...

I have $200 burning a hole in my pocket.. any idea whats up?

oNe

p.s. My Black Friday Mario all black Edition finally came in from Walmart 2 weeks ago so I'm sittin on that but I hear the NEW 3DS XL screen is a full inch bigger so waiting on that and returning my special Mario edition..

p.s.s. All this jus because I want to play Chrono Trigga on the "big screen" and well I guess FFVI too.. or am I doing something wrong here? sKooL me fellas!
Rumors are that Nintendo is pulling all unsold Wii-U's from store shelves so that may be part of it.

I don't mean any offense, but this is months old news.   The Wii U and N3DS system's shelves have been barren since shortly after Black Friday, probably around the start of December. 

My target apparently has a bunch of the ffxv sodas but I'm not sure where to find them? Did you guys spot them in gaming or in the drinks section?

My target apparently has a bunch of the ffxv sodas but I'm not sure where to find them? Did you guys spot them in gaming or in the drinks section?
Typically endcaps in Electronics near the games (bottom shelf) or in the locked shelves where they keep consoles.

WARNING NON VIDEO GAME TARGET CLEARANCE REPORT

Lego High speed passenger train for $22.54, yes please. Lego Friends Heartlake Grand Hotel was "half" off $64.98

[attachment=25125:IMG_9941.JPG][attachment=25127:IMG_9944.JPG][attachment=25126:IMG_9942.JPG]

Last edited by a moderator:
Typically endcaps in Electronics near the games (bottom shelf) or in the locked shelves where they keep consoles.
Damn shame. Asked around in gaming. They said it was moved to food. Asked in food they said they'd never seen it. Looked everywhere. Couldn't find it. Guess I'm not trying it lol

Damn shame. Asked around in gaming. They said it was moved to food. Asked in food they said they'd never seen it. Looked everywhere. Couldn't find it. Guess I'm not trying it lol
Sounds like one or the other (or both) of those employees either might have been having fun with you or didn't know what they were talking about. :D

Did not know this was a thing :( Doesn't look like any are left around me according to brickseek

I see they're only going for like 10-12 on ebay. Might just grab one off there next time there is a coupon flash sale and need a filler to get to $75.

Sounds like one or the other (or both) of those employees either might have been having fun with you or didn't know what they were talking about. :D
Yeah probably. I mean honestly I really can't think of anything much nerdier than asking where their video game soda is. Let them have their fun at my expense. They deserve it tbh

Not a clearance item, but if you're desperate for a new 3DS, the Galaxy XL version has been restocked in a handful of stores. DPCI is 207-01-0112.

Questions for all you experts..if an item is clearance but not available in all stores..can I ship to home and return, rebuy in store to get it at clearance price? Or ship to store for in store pickup but don't pick it up..will the price be clearance price after pickup date expired?

Yeah probably. I mean honestly I really can't think of anything much nerdier than asking where their video game soda is. Let them have their fun at my expense. They deserve it tbh
I really doubt the 2 employees on opposite sides of the store coordinated their stories by walkie as you made your way over. Most likely they just had no idea.

Picked up a copy of Mighyy No 9 (XBone) for $9.98 and Fallout 3: Game of the Year edition (XB360) for $7.48

Questions for all you experts..if an item is clearance but not available in all stores..can I ship to home and return, rebuy in store to get it at clearance price? Or ship to store for in store pickup but don't pick it up..will the price be clearance price after pickup date expired?
They've cracked down on this sort of thing. Used to be if the item was still in the system at the store and you shipped to store, you would get the lowest price (meaning the clearance price) either automatically applied post-pickup or via them hitting a little popup dialog on their iPad on the order completion screen that would say something like "apply additional savings? Yes/No". I literally had store pickup receipts emailed to me that showed absurd discounts under a line item titled "Additional Discounts", to the tune of 70%, 75%, 80%+ less than the online order price - and that was on top of the 5% redcard discount.

Now you just get charged the much higher online price no matter what, with no method of getting the in-store lower clearance price to show up via their app or website (only on brickseek and good luck getting them to adjust it based on that). Even IF the online order item is automatically ringing up lower in store and you can show that on their own price scanners/registers, it's getting harder and harder to get the CSR to cancel the order and subsequently ring it up at the lower in store clearance price. Usually now they will just say "I can't sell it to you, it has to go to salvage/go-backs" - basically you will not be getting the item at that crazy low 70% off price.

It's also a crapshoot as far as cancelling in store pickups or letting them expire, and then subsequently going in to try to find the item(s) either on the clearance endcaps or regular shelves, or in the back stockroom, or in the go-backs up front. And even if you do find it, there is no guarantee it will be marked at the clearance price you are expecting - often times they will put the "online only item" sticker over the UPC bar code with some shitty paltry discount from the online price.

As far as shipping to your home then attempting a return/rebuy in store, it's again YMMV with a lot of crackdown as of late, particularly since Target policy is to not allow price adjustment on clearance, which is what in effect the return/rebuy technique is (at least, that is what many a CSR has told me...with the usual "can't sell it back to you it has to go into the returns/go-back/salvage bin").

They've cracked down on this sort of thing. Used to be if the item was still in the system at the store and you shipped to store, you would get the lowest price (meaning the clearance price) either automatically applied post-pickup or via them hitting a little popup dialog on their iPad on the order completion screen that would say something like "apply additional savings? Yes/No".

Now you just get charged the much higher online price no matter what, with no method of getting the in-store lower clearance price to show up via their app or website (only on brickseek and good luck getting them to adjust it based on that). Even IF the online order item is automatically ringing up lower in store and you can show that on their own price scanners/registers
When did that change?? The automatic price adjustment after picking up

Must have been a fairly recent "correction".  Up until a few months ago, I could get the lower in-store pricing to show up (and automatic price adjustment to the lower clearance price) on the Target app when selecting a local store that had the item at a much lower price, and use that for price matching (I had to disable the app's geolocation functionality and turn off WiFi to prevent Target store WiFi, or the price would be "corrected" to the higher online or other Target store's higher price).  The disabling of automatic price adjustment to the lower in store price when ordering online for store pickup must have happened at or around the same time.  I haven't taken a look at Target's pricematch policy to see if it has also been updated, however it used to state that you would get the lower price automatically, either the online price or in store price.

PSA: Today is 1/24, which is the last day to return items bought at Target during the holiday shopping season with a receipt. I've already returned a few of the clearance items that I bought if I found them cheaper elsewhere. Anyone else get buyer's remorse?

PSA: Today is 1/24, which is the last day to return items bought at Target during the holiday shopping season with a receipt. I've already returned a few of the clearance items that I bought if I found them cheaper elsewhere. Anyone else get buyer's remorse?
Thanks for the reminder, I was thinking about that yesterday. I have a headset I need to return for sure. Gotta dig around and see if I have anything left

Wait what? Even with Red Card? Oh noooos I thought we had extra 30 days so Feb 24...has anyone tried yet to see if the system will take the reciept when scanned?

Wait what? Even with Red Card? Oh noooos I thought we had extra 30 days so Feb 24...has anyone tried yet to see if the system will take the reciept when scanned?
It's 30days with red card. I have orders that I bought on Nov1 that I have until March1 to return by.

bread's done
Back