Target Clearance Thread XXII

Boom! A little smile and a slight flirt with the lady at the customer service desk and I got the $91 hard drive for $40! Nothing like a little bit of confidence when you encounter these situations to win the deal.

In reference to what I quoted, yes it was a return / rebuy. I explained to the lady that I bought it at another store and wanted to use a different card to pay for it. She saw the price difference and tried to say I have to come back later on in the day, it might have to be returned to the warehouse, they don't price adjust clearance items (they don't, which is why I was doing a return / rebuy) and she's not sure if it'll be there once someone gets around to putting it on the floor. Which is true. But the store just opened (I came as soon as it did) and there were no strays to process but the TV. Someone could have easily done it, and someone eventually (after 15 minutes of me standing in line) did. I saw that she wanted to buy it after seeing the price and was just giving me the runaround.

If you know about Target's strays too, they literally just process the return and someone puts it back where it belongs in the store (assuming it's still brand new and doesn't need additional processing). Return / rebuys shouldn't be hard at all and I've had quite a few that weren't. People just see a great price and want it too.

EDIT: btw, it was a Philips 50in 1080p HDTV for $600 but clearanced to $180.
Do you have a dpci on that tv?

Do you have a dpci on that tv?
I assume it was this one.

Found this via Google on the model number, via a customs declaration :rofl: : DPCI 008-09-0549. Only a single store in 100+ even shows a price for it at this point, $264.98. Probably cleared out during the last TV/electronics clearance blowout a few months ago, if not earlier...

297 CARTONS ELECTRONICS LCD TV 49W LED PHILIPS MODEL N UMBER 49PFL4909/F7 PO NUMBER 6930696 DPCI NUMBER 00809 0549 DEPARTMENT NUMBER 008 P&F PO NUMBER. 24584 NO SOLID -WOOD PACKING MATERIAL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Canadian prices and taxes tend to be a bit higher, Even with the American dollar being stronger than the Canadian dollar. If you are going to be in southern Ontario, come on over to buffalo and Niagara Falls ny. That's what a lot of Canadians do. You might be able to find some deals on used games at the Canadian
ebgames, I also heard that the tru in Canada have a better stock of world of Nintendo figures.
We're off in the middle of nowhere in SW Ontario so those are about the only stores around that would be worth checking. Never know what you'll find.

008-09-0551

Doubt any are still out there but good luck.
Hmmm, 0 in stock at every single location within 50 miles, and most stores still showing $599.99 price. About 10% of stores don't list it at all i.e. "N/A" or "-" thus I presume those are the stores that had the great clearance price. Oh well, thanks anyway!

Was able to find tales of the abyss for 14.98 today. Also they had one piece unlimited r for 9.98. Is the one piece game worth getting? Sorry to ask, but I have never played a one piece game before and any opinions on the game would be appreciated.

Was able to find tales of the abyss for 14.98 today. Also they had one piece unlimited r for 9.98. Is the one piece game worth getting? Sorry to ask, but I have never played a one piece game before and any opinions on the game would be appreciated.
Good one piece story, horrible and repetitive gameplay. Also very short.

It's not worth getting unless you're a fan of the entire franchise, as it's nothing more than a repetitive beat-em-up.

It's not too bad compared to One Piece Romance Dawn that came out two years ago, but not completely better through. Major problems are that it's too short and not every story arc is covered. I think it's still worth getting either ways at that price.

It's not too bad compared to One Piece Romance Dawn that came out two years ago, but not completely better through. Major problems are that it's too short and not every story arc is covered. I think it's still worth getting either ways at that price.
Thank you for your thoughts on the game. Really appreciate it.

I did not grab the dpci but the first Ben 10 game for the wiiu was clearanced at target tonight to 5.98. I grabbed street fighter 3d , the wiiu Zumba game for 11.88 and legend of oz for 3ds at 5.98. I would Rayman origins but I will wait for one more drop I think

Target still reduces game clearance prices on Monday, right? I'm keeping my eyes on Pokemon Black 2 and don't want to miss a drop.

Major drops today for all 3DS games:

:3ds:
Sonic Generations $8.98
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask $11.98
One Piece Unlimited World Red Day One Edition $5.98
Pac-Man and the Ghastly Adventures $5.98
:3ds: + :ds: Lego Lord of the Rings $5.98
:3ds: + :ds: Cars 2 $5.98
Legends of Oz Dorothy's Return $5.98
Lego Chima Laval's Journey $5.98
Beyblade Revolution $5.98
Steel Diver $11.98
Angry Birds Star Wars $5.98
The Legend of Korra A New Era Begins $8.98
Scribblenauts Unlimited $5.98
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles $8.98

:wiiu: Sing Party $5.98
:wiiu: Planes $5.98
:wii: Cars Toon Mater's Tall Tales $5.98

I got myself Sonic Generations, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, One Piece Unlimited World Red, and Pac-Man and the Ghastly Adventures.

^^^^^ yeah I was just there and noticed this..however the professor Layton wasn't marked as clearance...oh and Rayman origins 3ds is 8.98

I picked up Rayman and One piece for like 15.xx...is one piece any good? I know nothing about it

Today I was able to pick up some stuff 70% off:

:wii:  Resident Evil Wii Double Pack (Darkside Chronicles/Umbrella Chronicles) DCPI: 207-26-2004  $10.48

:wiiu:   Game & Wario DCPI:  207-30-0029 $8.48

I also found:  

:ds: Mario Vs. Donkey Kong Mini-land Mayhem DCPI: 207-02-0997 $8.98

I also found a First Alert Weather Band Radio With Weather Alert at $11.98 DCPI:  057-04-0148

and a First Alert Indoor Temperature Station with Projection Clock at $5.08 DCPI: 057-04-0149

I picked up Rayman and One piece for like 15.xx...is one piece any good? I know nothing about it
Since more people want to know about One Piece Unlimited World Red, I'll just repost my review from TFW:

One Piece Unlimited World Red (Nintendo 3DS Version) - 6/10

One Piece Unlimited World Red is an improvement from One Piece Romance Dawn but still falls short from being perfect.
Game play now features an open world like environment allowing you to freely roam the island that you get stuck on, and mingle with the locals and work on building the town like you were playing Sim City. Once you leave the town area through and embark on adventures, the game play becomes linear.
The adventures are pretty much a replay of all the major story arcs in OP including some from the New World, while rescuing your lost crew and chasing after Redfield, the main antagonist of the game. Adventures are pretty short and straight forward, consisting usually two or three levels of you proceeding on a linear path fighting hordes of enemies, collecting a bunch of stuff in treasure chests, trees, flowers, materials, food, etc. to use for your characters or for the expansion of the town and then fighting a boss at the end. The Skypiea stage was finally made while Romance Dawn skipped it, but there are no East Blue/Arlong, or Thriller Bark stages as those were essential OP stories, which is odd considering the game play is reliving past memories. Fishing and catching various creatures are new aspects to the game play that makes it a little fun.
Combat is more improved than Romance Dawn's with the development of Strong Words techniques that has the character saying his or her famous phase and boosting a certain stat temporarily for the character to aid in fighting opponents. However one major flaw in the combat system is the Dodge action. At times when fighting opponents, a Dodge action prompt will appear for you to activate to avoid an enemy's attack. The Dodge action prompt is not very consistent at times, and most of the time you will have to do it manually yourself to avoid being hit.
Overall its an enjoyable play compared to Romance Dawn. There is a lot more creativity in designing the game and the new game play features really enhances the play, but the combat system lacks polish to make it more enjoyable and the adventure areas are too short to be engaging.

Hope that helps anyone interested in the game.

Found Kid Icarus Uprising for $19.98 on Saturday mixed in with a bunch of copies of modern warfare 2. They must have just found them in the stock room becauset hey weren't there before this weekend.

All the clearance 3DS, DS, and WiiU games dropped to 70% off at my local Targets as well.  Couldn't really justify picking up anything except the 3DS Brain Age game for $8.98 (already had the rest that were interesting).

I managed to get me Art Academy 3DS for $8.98. Nice. Also found a New Carnival Games Wii for $5.98.  Not a bad day.

Also Mario & Sonic At the London 2012 Olympic Games :3DS: is also $11.98. Look for 207-02-1372

Anyone think that the Resident Evil Chronicles 2-pack is going to be worth anything in the future?  For $10.xx I think the two pack is a steal, but I'm wondering if it will perform anywhere near as well, value wise, as the R.E. Pure Evil 2-pack for Gamecube.  I doubt it, given that pack had a very nice, unique slipcase, but then again you never know.  

Anyone think that the Resident Evil Chronicles 2-pack is going to be worth anything in the future? For $10.xx I think the two pack is a steal, but I'm wondering if it will perform anywhere near as well, value wise, as the R.E. Pure Evil 2-pack for Gamecube. I doubt it, given that pack had a very nice, unique slipcase, but then again you never know.
Does it truly matter if it has any value? If it's on a store clearance nationwide, it can't be worth anything as is.

Tell that to the 4 DQ V, 5 DQ IV, and 3 Metroid Prime Trilogies I bought on clearance at Target years ago for $10 or less each.
DQ 4 and 5 for $10? That just got me right here.

Disappointed.gif

Anyone think that the Resident Evil Chronicles 2-pack is going to be worth anything in the future? For $10.xx I think the two pack is a steal, but I'm wondering if it will perform anywhere near as well, value wise, as the R.E. Pure Evil 2-pack for Gamecube. I doubt it, given that pack had a very nice, unique slipcase, but then again you never know.
Probably not worth much more than the two games individually as all it is is those two games held together by a small piece of cardboard. Still, at $10.48 total it's a decent enough deal.

This isn't Slickdeals!  How dare someone consider an item's present value (monetary, intrinsic, perceived, or otherwise) let alone future speculation?!?  Also, How dare anyone post anything in this thread other than clearance videogames/consoles/peripherals and accessories that are clearanced nationwide at every Target?!?  Before you post an item, you have to personally confirm and validate the item is on clearance at a minimum of 90% of Target stores nationwide, and in stock at a minimum of 50% of Target stores nationwide!  Otherwise it should be considered a YMMV and is no better than a one off "online only/repackage" item, and should not be posted at all!!!

GRRRRRAAAOOOWWWWRRRR!!!!

bread's done
Back