Target Clearance Thread XXII

Different store but since this thread has the steam and we're discussing Vita clearance.....

The Amazing Spiderman Vita $9.98 clearance at Toys R Us.

I know the Target clearance thread is Vita crazy right now but there are a lot of Wii, Wii U and PS3 games on clearance at my local Target too right now.

I bought the following last night:

Angry Birds Star Wars 3DS - $3.04
Just Dance (yup, the original) Wii - $6.04
Resistance 3 PS3 - $4.54
Scribblenauts Unlimited 3DS - $3.04
Spider-Man: Edge of Time - $6.04

And, another copy of Angry Birds Star Wars for Vita showed up at $5.98 so I picked that up.

It looked like they were making major changes in the video game section. The entire PC section had been removed along with the Ouya shelf that used to be on the bottom. Maybe they're scaling back the video game inventory.

I went last night and the clearance endcap was overflowing with games.... with a good 60% of them with no price tag and like 7 copies of each of those unmarked games!  Thought there would be gold so I took a bunch out to scan.  And, nope, most games were above $20, with a few even being $40.  

a few had stickers covering the real UPC that would bring up incorrect games, and also noticed a few AS-IS or games that didn't show up in the system at all.  If they're not in the system, what happens if you try to buy them?  

Also noticed a few accessories, mostly for 3DS, were both in clearance and on their regular spots, but without clearance tags in the regular spots.  Just thought that was odd.

Heads up for anyone near the Southcoast of Massachusetts: The Target on Wareham send to be going through a remodel/restructure of departments and a bunch of games have been added to clearance at really good prices. Picked up Gardening Mama 2 and the limited edition of Project X Zone for $3.04 each. They had levania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate for ~$5 and (can't remember exact price). They had a number of PS3, 360, Wii U, Vita, and 3DS games. I'm going to check the other Targets in my area sobering this ark.
If you or anyone could grab a Mirror of Fate, I'll pay cost + shipping. 1 copy within 100 miles and it's marked as $29.99 on brickseek.

I grabbed an extra Minecraft for trading.  Anyone here looking for Minecraft for Vita?  

Also picked up MLB 15, AC:L, Super Monkey Ball, and SFxT)

Man I love Target clearance!

Grabbing a WD My Passport X 2 Tb drive for $54.98 this morning. 2 appeared from nowhere. Figured I better not wait for 70%. The 1 tb I bought a while back is filling quickly - and I don't even buy that many games.

DPCI 056-02-0167

Heads up for anyone near the Southcoast of Massachusetts: The Target on Wareham send to be going through a remodel/restructure of departments and a bunch of games have been added to clearance at really good prices. Picked up Gardening Mama 2 and the limited edition of Project X Zone for $3.04 each. They had levania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate for ~$5 and (can't remember exact price). They had a number of PS3, 360, Wii U, Vita, and 3DS games. I'm going to check the other Targets in my area sobering this ark.
Any extra copies? Would like project x zone limited edition and castlevania 3ds.

Can u post dcpi?

I'm guessing the Target near me was cleaning house because I found a copy of Archer Maclean's Mercury and Mercury Meltdown 2 pack for PSP for 2.98 today. Who knows how long that games been sitting in one of their locked cases.

Also found Sly 4 Vita for 6.xx, as is and one of the Xbox one controller play and charge bundles for 32.xx
target must have really ordered alot of those psp dual packs, local one has about 10 total of 3 different variants

i wonder if this is what happened at my local target, they knocked down skylanders to a 4 foot section, took away 4 feet from 3ds to give to wii u (which lost 4 feet itself) and then they added a 4 foot section for guitar hero/rock band and made a huge expansion to the infinity stuff. then they took all the preowned stuff and put it all on an endcap together.

Last edited by a moderator:
My store was tearing everything up too. Metal gear solid psp 5.98, lots of psp 2pks 4.48, hot shots psp 2.38, wii resident evil 2pk 10.48. Lots more too.

Also, when I was checking out the one girl said they had one model of dual shock 4 on clearance. She said it was only down to $45 when it sold.

Thanks! Just grabbed one for 16.48
I just did as well. Unfortunately, this store (Beverly Center City Target) was showing 4 of them in stock at $16.48 (as well as 1 of the PS3 Gold Controllers) yesterday and this morning. DIdn't get a chance to hit it prior to this morning but I got there right at opening, and only found one of the Camo X360 Controllers. There were a couple of employees working on electronics clearance, with a bunch of large cardboard boxes of mixed items - some clearance, some just excess inventory of crap. I asked if they had any more, as the inventory indicated there should be 4 in stock.

Looks like I got lucky just finding the one I did, because they shrugged, checked those large boxes that were filled with various stuff (clearance marked stuff included), and said they didn't have any more.

I went to the LoD I've dealt with previously at guest service, he looked up the DPCI and said "looks like they just salvaged three so you are lucky they missed that one. We usually salvage out and ship things back to manufacturers." Smells like more bullshit. I told him I would be happy to buy all of them if they still have them somewhere, but he told me it was too late. Inventory of course updated to now show 3 after the one I purchased. At least it wasn't a total fail.

They had a pile of X360 NBA 2K13 ($19.98) and Madden 25 (2014, $14.98) along with Fable Anniversary ($19.98) and tons of other games already reported but who knows if any will still be there after they finish their "salvage" rearrangement.

EDIT: found this while searching for "controller":

Nest Learning Thermostat 2nd Generation, $74.98 (70% off) 085-00-0140

So, how do you "force" a store to fix their clearance prices?

I found three Gold PS3 controllers at one store nearby that was showing up as $27.48 in Brickseek and Fyndly, though when ringing out, they were coming up as $38.48.   My guess is that they didn't do their markdowns on those controllers to the $27.48 price, though if it's showing up at both search sites at the cheaper price, how would you get someone in the store to "fix" the prices as shown on the tag and ringing up to match the supposed cheaper clearance price?

I found three Gold PS3 controllers at one store nearby that was showing up as $27.48 in Brickseek and Fyndly, though when ringing out, they were coming up as $38.48. My guess is that they didn't do their markdowns on those controllers to the $27.48 price, though if it's showing up at both search sites at the cheaper price, how would you get someone in the store to "fix" the prices as shown on the tag and ringing up to match the supposed cheaper clearance price?
Dang...I've tried that angle before and they do NOT like to do that, even though they can easily do it just as easily as a price match...

Dang...I've tried that angle before and they do NOT like to do that, even though they can easily do it just as easily as a price match...
Question is, how do you prove it when the item scans at the register at the higher clearance price that Brickseek / Fyndly says is lower? Do you need one of the price scanners that you put the DPCI # in? Which reminds me, how do you access that function on a price scanner without a keypad on the side?

Question is, how do you prove it when the item scans at the register at the higher clearance price that Brickseek / Fyndly says is lower? Do you need one of the price scanners that you put the DPCI # in? Which reminds me, how do you access that function on a price scanner without a keypad on the side?
There's always the barcodes...I hope your phone is competent...If not there's always online barcode generators.

And yeah they don't like those sites...I typically will get stonewalled if I even try to show them the Brickseek/Fyndly sites.

There's always the barcodes...I hope your phone is competent...If not there's always online barcode generators.

And yeah they don't like those sites...I typically will get stonewalled if I even try to show them the Brickseek/Fyndly sites.
So, if the register scans it at the $38.48 price, how would scanning the UPC at price checker make any difference? Wouldn't it be the same price at both locations? How would the UPC scan at one price at the register and a difference price at the price checker? Would the price checker show the correct clearance price?

So, if the register scans it at the $38.48 price, how would scanning the UPC at price checker make any difference? Wouldn't it be the same price at both locations? How would the UPC scan at one price at the register and a difference price at the price checker? Would the price checker show the correct clearance price?
The Price checker is going to show what the registers will ring up the item as. Having the barcodes for reference will allow you to run into a store and check the price without having to ask a probably already not-so-nice employee how much the item is. I've done this quite a bit as there were Targets I walked into and I was thinking, I'm not carrying anything else with me until I know what the price is for sure.

I think a lot of times the site will pull prices but the store itself may not update those prices according to Brickseek's database source. Why? That's Target. I was at a Target that had NFS MW for $5.98 since the Thursday before last (Sept. 10)...In Store it was $9.98 until two days ago. Probably because the people there wanted to see if someone would bite before it dropped.

I found three Gold PS3 controllers at one store nearby that was showing up as $27.48 in Brickseek and Fyndly, though when ringing out, they were coming up as $38.48. My guess is that they didn't do their markdowns on those controllers to the $27.48 price, though if it's showing up at both search sites at the cheaper price, how would you get someone in the store to "fix" the prices as shown on the tag and ringing up to match the supposed cheaper clearance price?
With a gun obviously.

When I bought a printer on clearance once, one of the employees was able to print a new clearance sticker and offer for a lower price (due to box being damaged is all). So should be possible for them to make new stickers if the new price isn't activated like it should. Just good luck finding an employee that can do it.

It just seems like Brickseek and Fyndly are right since they're pulling from Target's systems and if the price rings up more expensive in-store for a clearance item, you're going to end up telling an employee that the clearance tag isn't right and it should be a cheaper price.  Without any real backup to do so, save mentioning Brickseek or Fyndly to the employee, which I'm sure they'll take as being told them they're not doing their job.

It just seems like Brickseek and Fyndly are right since they're pulling from Target's systems and if the price rings up more expensive in-store for a clearance item, you're going to end up telling an employee that the clearance tag isn't right and it should be a cheaper price. Without any real backup to do so, save mentioning Brickseek or Fyndly to the employee, which I'm sure they'll take as being told them they're not doing their job.
Then they'll b**** and moan about not being able to do anything about it. I swear the Target employees here in Phoenix are in on these clearance things...

Was coming in here to ask about/report a similar situation. Just came from the last Target in my area showing the Xbox One controller and play and charge combo. They have(had) just one. They actually have(had) 3, but one had different packaging from the other 2. The 2 with identical packaging scanned $74.99. The other one shows $32.48 on Brickseek, but scanned $45.48 in-store. I decided to pass at that price, but the mobile guy who scanned it for me decided to buy it for himself. Additionally, they had a Seagate 4TB external marked and scanned at $90-something, but Brickseek shows it at $38.98. There were 2 of them, and I decided to go ahead and buy 1 and try to change payment method later. Every other store in my area shows it at $129.99 on Brickseek. Can any Target/Brickseek veteran comment on the pricing inconsistencies we are seeing? I thought Brickseek was usually right on the money (pun intended), I don't think I've ever seen or heard about it being wrong before.
Update: My wife was going to be in the area of this Target today, so I asked her to try to change payment method on the drive we bought last weekend. They sold the second one a day or two ago, most likely after updating the price properly, quite possibly bought by the employee doing the price changes. Anyhow, she switched it to redcard, and got it for $38.98. Great price for a 4TB USB3.0, even if it is a Seagate.

With a gun obviously.
You're right, though not with a "gun" gun (although that method could arguably "work" as well...albeit very probably leading to a hell of a lot of trouble).

The only way to "force" the new, lower price which various sites are showing is by having the item's UPC code scanned by the pricing scan gun which is set to do so. That pricing gun will be in the hands of one or more of the pricing/price adjustment team, which is the team of people that go around to different sections of the score, more or less set by a weekly schedule, scanning things and subsequently printing out and stickering clearance items with new or updated clearance stickers, moving said items to clearance endcaps, and adjusting and updating sales and regular price tags on the rest of the items.

The schedule and where to find them at any given time and department in the store, varies from store to store.

If you have a clearance price discrepancy problem...if no one else can help...and IF you can find them...maybe you can hire...the Target Pricing Team.

team_members.jpg

Header-for-Holiday-Hiring1.jpg

Image+5.jpg

timeline-03.jpg

And come on now, $10/hr for regular pricing team member and $14/hr-$16/hr for pricing team lead! No wonder these guys are ganking all the deals.

This is random, but I once flew from MN to Los Angeles and the fucking Target dog was sitting in first class in his own seat like such a good boy.  Everyone loved him of course, and yes, they make that poor pup go around with a bullseye dyed into his face apparently all the time.  But I guess it's good publicity and whatnot. 

I'll admit I'm just bitter and jealous that the dog was in 1st class and I wasn't.

This is random, but I once flew from MN to Los Angeles and the fucking Target dog was sitting in first class in his own seat like such a good boy. Everyone loved him of course, and yes, they make that poor pup go around with a bullseye dyed into his face apparently all the time. But I guess it's good publicity and whatnot.

I'll admit I'm just bitter and jealous that the dog was in 1st class and I wasn't.
Bullseye the Target Dog sez: HATERZ B HATIN'! WOOFZ!
target-dog.jpg

Bullseye the Target Dog sez: I GOT ALL DEM BISHES, WOOF! U JEALOUS!
photo.jpg

cameron-diaz-dog-04.jpg

204c81907bcb9ff4f1722ef333fdd862.jpg

You're right, though not with a "gun" gun (although that method could arguably "work" as well...albeit very probably leading to a hell of a lot of trouble).

The only way to "force" the new, lower price which various sites are showing is by having the item's UPC code scanned by the pricing scan gun which is set to do so. That pricing gun will be in the hands of one or more of the pricing/price adjustment team, which is the team of people that go around to different sections of the score, more or less set by a weekly schedule, scanning things and subsequently printing out and stickering clearance items with new or updated clearance stickers, moving said items to clearance endcaps, and adjusting and updating sales and regular price tags on the rest of the items.

The schedule and where to find them at any given time and department in the store, varies from store to store.

If you have a clearance price discrepancy problem...if no one else can help...and IF you can find them...maybe you can hire...the Target Pricing Team.

team_members.jpg

Header-for-Holiday-Hiring1.jpg

Image+5.jpg

timeline-03.jpg

And come on now, $10/hr for regular pricing team member and $14/hr-$16/hr for pricing team lead! No wonder these guys are ganking all the deals.
I need to get a part time job there so I can get in on that.

On the left: *Mario Lopez over here getting me moist*
Noticed that too. Meanwhile the girl in the back is having lustful lesbotic thoughts 'n lesbian fantasies towards pasty girl, and the swirly Greg Brady guy in the back is also pining for derpy-eyed Mario's pine. #TargetLoveTriangles

I just did as well. Unfortunately, this store (Beverly Center City Target) was showing 4 of them in stock at $16.48 (as well as 1 of the PS3 Gold Controllers) yesterday and this morning. DIdn't get a chance to hit it prior to this morning but I got there right at opening, and only found one of the Camo X360 Controllers. There were a couple of employees working on electronics clearance, with a bunch of large cardboard boxes of mixed items - some clearance, some just excess inventory of crap. I asked if they had any more, as the inventory indicated there should be 4 in stock.

Looks like I got lucky just finding the one I did, because they shrugged, checked those large boxes that were filled with various stuff (clearance marked stuff included), and said they didn't have any more.

I went to the LoD I've dealt with previously at guest service, he looked up the DPCI and said "looks like they just salvaged three so you are lucky they missed that one. We usually salvage out and ship things back to manufacturers." Smells like more bullshit. I told him I would be happy to buy all of them if they still have them somewhere, but he told me it was too late. Inventory of course updated to now show 3 after the one I purchased. At least it wasn't a total fail.

They had a pile of X360 NBA 2K13 ($19.98) and Madden 25 (2014, $14.98) along with Fable Anniversary ($19.98) and tons of other games already reported but who knows if any will still be there after they finish their "salvage" rearrangement.

EDIT: found this while searching for "controller":

Nest Learning Thermostat 2nd Generation, $74.98 (70% off) 085-00-0140
It's not BS they usually Salvage them out and then donate them to the Goodwills in CA

It's not BS they usually Salvage them out and then donate them to the Goodwills in CA
Well I woul've gladly paid the store price of $16.48 each for them. Checking at a store that shows 12 of them at $27.98. Nowhere to be found, of course. Yet another strong argument in favor of return/rebuy.

Well I woul've gladly paid the store price of $16.48 each for them. Checking at a store that shows 12 of them at $27.98. Nowhere to be found, of course. Yet another strong argument in favor of return/rebuy.
Can you do a return and rebuy at a store with a lower markdown price than the one you bought a clearance item at?

Can you do a return and rebuy at a store with a lower markdown price than the one you bought a clearance item at?
I believe someone mentioned that you can do that.

But you have to change the payment method, say you forgot to use your red card.
If you have one.

I believe someone mentioned that you can do that.

But you have to change the payment method, say you forgot to use your red card.
If you have one.
Seems odd to have to change payment method. I guess that's to throw them off you slipping the price difference of the clearance items in there?

Seems odd to have to change payment method. I guess that's to throw them off you slipping the price difference of the clearance items in there?
Yeah I think that's the idea.
And so that they let you rebuy it back immediately.

Customer service once told me if I wanted to return and rebuy something, I would have to wait for it to be put back on the sales floor.
At their leisure, of course.

This was before I heard of the Red Card method.

That is in fact the sole purpose of the return/rebuy strategy. And no, you don't actually have to change the payment method. That is merely the most convenient and likely to succeed reason to provide to the CSR and "throw them off" as you say.

However, I've turned around and used my redcard immediately after returning an item previously purchased using said redcard, to repurchase the item at the lower price. In all honesty, once the item is returned legally, validly, and per their return policy - and at their own discretion they choose to resell it to you immediately and you legally and lawfully purchase it, it's a 100% legal and lawful transaction.

Spotted an Advanced Warfare Atlas Limited Edition for PS3 @ $26. Worth it? I have the base game on PS4, looks like the season pass may carryover. No 360 versions, Xbone was $119 still, PS4 was $79

bread's done
Back