Target Clearance Thread XXII

Also, does Target have any screwy rules about return/rebuys to get in on sales? I grabbed the last new copy of Lego City Undercover in town this morning and am a bit hesitant on opening it until I know for sure they're not got have a decent sale before the Club Nintendo codes expire at the end of the month.
That is one weird game that seems to never go on sale and is only even stocked at target or toys r us now. Was waiting for a target clearance that never happened but eventually scored a new copy from ebay for $35. It is way overdue for target clearance IMO, but most stores probably have few if any left. I remember passing it at $30 at kmart, thinking that it would be easy to pick up much cheaper in the future or definitely $20. Wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
At a guess? There's probably some way to access it through how the website checks store inventory.
On Target's in store devices, it is connected to the internet which is how they are able to check the prices. Maybe whoever codes the site has access to that and can determine the prices.

On Target's in store devices, it is connected to the internet which is how they are able to check the prices. Maybe whoever codes the site has access to that and can determine the prices.
Right which is why I'm assuming there's some sort of backdoor since the website operates off the same system from what I've heard.

I scouted the West LA region, what I saw:

La Cienega Target:
Lego City Undercover Strategy Guide $6.26
Sim City Strategy Guide $3.76
:ps3: Battlefield 3 Premium Editiom $27.96
:ps3: God of War Collection $17.46
:ps3: Mass Effect 2 $5.98
:pc: Sid Meier's Civilization V Brave New World Expansion Pack $20.96
:360: ABC Wipeout Create & Crash $9.98
:360: Just Dance Kids 2014 $13.98
:360: Metro Last Night $13.98
:360: XCOM Enemy Unknown $10.48
:360: Kinectimals Now with Bears $4.48
:360: Tropico 4 $17.46
:ds: Battleship $6.96
:360: Midway Arcade Origins 13.98
:360: Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection $9.98
:360: Damage Inc. Pacific Squadron WWII $25.01
:ps3: Star Trek $5.98
:pc: Darksiders II LE $25.01
:pc: Europa Universalis IV $20.01
:360: nickelodeon Victorious Time to Shine $4.48
:ps3: Sports Champion 2 $3.88 Pre-Owned
:360: The Bureau XCOM Declassified $7.48
:ps2: Guitar Hero $20.01
DSi Comfort Grip $5.06
:ps4: A Realm Reborn Final Fantasy XIV Online $20.96
:ps4: Xtreme Legends Dynasty Warriors 8 Complete Collection $30.06
:360: Wolfenstein The New Order $14.98
:ps4: Wolfenstein TNO $27.98
:ps3: Wolfenstein TNO $20.98
:wiiu: Just Dance 2014 $27.98

Culver City Target:
Homefront Strategy Guide $5.06
:ps3: Just Dance 3 $20.01
:360: Just Dance Kids 2014 $9.98
:xb1: Wolfenstein TNO $27.98
:360: nickelodeon Dance 2 $7.48
:ps3: Wolfenstein TNO $20.98
:360: Motionsports Adrenaline $5.98
:ps3: Bakugan Defenders of the Core $5.00
:360: Metro Last Night LE $13.98
:360: uDraw Pictionary Ultimate Edition $4.48
:ps3: God of War Collectiom $9.98
:360: Fuse $9.98
:360: XCOM Enemy Unknown $7.48
:ps3: Just Dance 2014 $27.98
:xb1: Project Spark $27.98
:ps3: Sly Cooper Thieves in Time $9.98
:360: Wolfenstein TNO $20.98
:vita: Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd $20.96

They also have :ps3: Lego The Hobbit in the cased shelves, I didn't check to see if they are on clearance or not.

Culver City Mall Target:
:360: Wolfenstein TNO $14.98
:ps3: Ni No Kuni $13.98. -they are not marked.
:ps3: Bakugan Defenders of the Core $7.00
:360: Kinect Joy Ride $3.76
:360: nickelodeon Dance 2 $7.48
:ps3: Murdered Soul Suspect $9.98
:ps3: Sly Cooper Thieves in Time $9.98
:360: The Darkness II LE $4.48
:360: uDraw Pictionary Ultimate Edition $4.48
:360: nickelodeon Victiorious Time to Shine $4.48
:ps3: A Realm Reborn Final Fantasy XIV Online $9.98
:360: XCOM Enemy Unknown $10.48
:ps3: The Bureau XCOM Declassified $7.48
:360: Fuse $9.98
:ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing $5.98
:360: The Bureau XCOM Declassified $7.48
:360: Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 $9.98

Didn't see anything worth getting at all three, but I bumped into Calvin Harris' 18 Months album at the video game clearance rack for $9.06 at La Cienega Target and I got it, not a totally loss today. :D

I scouted the West LA region, what I saw:
go Harry Potter Years 5-7 $9.98

Didn't see anything worth getting at all three, but I bumped into Calvin Harris' 18 Months album at the video game clearance rack for $9.06 at La Cienega Target and I got it, not a totally loss today. :D
Thanks for the info, doesn't look like there's anything in there for me either

Well I went to pick up a 70% off Winter Lobstar and found a Kaos Trap next to it.  Then I wandered into toys and there was a LEGO X-Men vs Sentinel and Spider Helicopter Rescue set for 30% off.  Was surprising since I've routinely checked for those and both have shown out of stock nearly everywhere.  I begrudgingly bought both sets as I don't really like either set that much but know if I didn't I would never see either ever again.  This Spider-Man one especially is dumb.

91u3PA5b23L._SL1500_.jpg

Only 299 pieces?  Why the fuck does Spider-Man have/need a helicopter?  Who the fuck is Power Man?  Why the fuck is MJ wearing an I

Well I went to pick up a 70% off Winter Lobstar and found a Kaos Trap next to it. Then I wandered into toys and there was a LEGO X-Men vs Sentinel and Spider Helicopter Rescue set for 30% off. Was surprising since I've routinely checked for those and both have shown out of stock nearly everywhere. I begrudgingly bought both sets as I don't really like either set that much but know if I didn't I would never see either ever again. This Spider-Man one especially is dumb.
Ultimate-spider-man-Goblin01.jpg

It's based on this version of green goblin, close enough.

we all know you dont return stuff
I do have the problem of buying stuff that I say I'm going to return down the line and then either forget or just keep it because I've already bought it.

I really have zero fondness for this Spider-Man set though and only like the minifigs and sentinel in the X-Men one. I'll definitely return the Spider-Man one if another set I like better goes on clearance. Already spent $90 on LEGO this week between those two and the Joker Steamroller one which is way more than I should have.

At least I remembered to get the prepaid Red Card today. I've been meaning to for months and see if every time I go in and forget every time I'm on my way out.

My Target had some Dr. Seuss frames at 50% off at $7.50.  The look great for kids rooms.

My wife also bought these Lego sets for me:

TMNT Karai set - ?? (not sure what the price was.  I'm assuming $6.50)

Spaceship!!! - $50

Witch King Battle - $7.50

Steamroller - $25

there's a bunch of Star Wars / TMNT / Super Heroes / City / Friends on clearance, but it's soooo spotty finding the stores that have started doing them... kinda annoying lol

Lol. Nope that bike is for the wife. I can't ride that pink thing.
It says you can flip the rear wheel around to make it a non fixed gear bike. So that what I'll do for her.

Exchanged a copy of walking dead s2 ps3 for a copy for xbone.

They just returned the ps3 copy onto a GC and adjusted the xbo copy in price.

Spider-Man is so going back.  Today I bought this stuff that was all 50% off:

Though I'm much less satisfied now that I've seen the Target.com base price for the Turtles and Police sets is like $10/15, respectively, less than the in store starting price they're discounting off of.  Also not sure about the Bad Cop set since it kind of covers the same thing as the drop ship.  May take that back and get one of the Ultra Agents sets since those are kind of neat and have at least one female minifig (which is lacking in these sets).

I hit a store that was showing inventory on a few different Lego sets at 50% and 70% off, however the sets were full price in store. So I found the price adjustment/clearance team and had them scan the sets as I told them "I think these are supposed to be on sale, they show online cheaper prices at this store". Sure enough, the PDA scanner showed the cheaper prices and the person tried to accept the new prices and propagate it to the store's system, but the damn sets wouldn't take the new prices. She was with a manager and he just said he'll take care of it at the register. Always helps to be polite and act like a clueless confused shopper in need of their help and assistance.

I hit a store that was showing inventory on a few different Lego sets at 50% and 70% off, however the sets were full price in store. So I found the price adjustment/clearance team and had them scan the sets as I told them "I think these are supposed to be on sale, they show online cheaper prices at this store". Sure enough, the PDA scanner showed the cheaper prices and the person tried to accept the new prices and propagate it to the store's system, but the damn sets wouldn't take the new prices. She was with a manager and he just said he'll take care of it at the register. Always helps to be polite and act like a clueless confused shopper in need of their help and assistance.
May need to try this after work. Had the same thing happen yesterday on one of the LEGO sets.

Eldritch, could you please post the DPCIs for those sets? Meant to check around for the dropship.
Don't have them in front of me but the first three pictures are links to the Target page which should have it. The Bad Cop set isn't on there any longer but will put it up when I get home again if anyone wants it.

Edit- Forgot I had the receipts on me still.

Drop Ship 204-00-0195

Turtles 204-00-0279

Police Truck 204-00-1244

Bad Cop 204-00-1260

Which sets I might hit up a couple of the orange county targets

Found a 30% off LEGO Agents Mobile HQ yesterday.
If that makes it down to 50% that would be pretty tempting.

A1ZPVIiAhqL._SL1500_.jpg

That Target VG clearance is basically dead and this has become a LEGO clearance thread is not doing good things for my bank account.

1st clearance find since ME3 LM. Play Kitchen $90->$27 http://www.target.com/fiats?partNumber=15528589&overlayId=FindinStore&catalogEntryID=206767536 Nice set for the cost that daughters rarely play anymore, took me 3-4 hrs to put together.
Damn, that would have been nice a few years back for my older daughter, but we have one that has now been passed down to the youngest. Thanks for posting it though...

EDIT: the DPCI (listed in the link) is 086-05-0030

It's out of the system or $26.98 at all locations within 50 miles of L.A., and only showing in stock at these 3 stores:

Cook With Me Kitchen

DPCI# 086-05-0030

Eastvale (46.02 Miles) 3 $ 26.98

Santa Fe Springs (19.59 Miles) 1 $ 26.98

West Fullerton (25.87 Miles) 1 $ 26.98

Guys, I posted a review of the Spider-Helicopter Rescue set in the Non-Gaming Deals Lego Deals forum, for those of you who are on the fence on this set:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/294104-lego-deals-3/?p=12564453

The short versions, for those who don't want to follow the link, is that if you can find it around the $23 price point I grabbed it at earlier today, then it's well worth the effort. The box art does *not* do the set justice, IMHO.

I disagree with the premise of your statement that it's good because the helicopter is good.  It may be but I find it very dumb still since it's a Spider-Man set. ;)

Western Digital 4TB External Hard - $44.98

056-02-0069

I got this a couple of weeks ago, but hadn't had time to post.
Would be an amazing find right now (due to the need of more hard disk space, high def video can take up a lot)... none in stock except for in Nashville TN, but brickseek says estimated $139 like some are reporting. I did find Anarchy Reigns for ps3 for $2.98 (nothing new), picked it up in case for any trades. Seen a couple of stacks of Wolfenstein The New Order for xbox 360 ($14.98) and ps4 (around 20), didn't pick either up as I was hoping to catch a copy for less next week maybe. Been in a tough spot not to care about buying much lately, but figured I look while I was at the location for another errand.

bread's done
Back