Target Clearance Thread XXII

Most likely out of the system since there is no longer any inventory at those stores. I believe this has become the norm.
Well I thought I saw some N/A on a few stores that had them in stock. I guess Target's itching to get rid of these things faster than I thought.

I have seen prices at stores that run out of the game but the price still appears for the item. Tales of the Abyss was an example of this (remember me asking about two stores' prices some week back?).

Well I thought I saw some N/A on a few stores that had them in stock. I guess Target's itching to get rid of these things faster than I thought.

I have seen prices at stores that run out of the game but the price still appears for the item. Tales of the Abyss was an example of this (remember me asking about two stores' prices some week back?).
Yep, and yes I agree. I've seen both cases - N/A with the price correctly showing up on in store scanners (or also not showing up on the scanners, but ringing up 'correctly' automatically at the register), and with items or DPCIs showing up N/A both online and on all in-store systems.

Did the samus world of nintendo figure have a different dpci than the first world of nintendo series?
Nope, they still share the same DPCI.

Off-topic, for the Lego CAGs:
A bunch of Lego sets have shown up at Ross today. I saw Lego The Movie Ice Cream Truck $19.99, Build & Play Box $44.99, Chima Speedorz $14.99, Star Wars Mircofighters $7.99, Duplo Garbage Truck $14.99, and City Fire Chief Car $8.99.

Nope, they still share the same DPCI.

Off-topic, for the Lego CAGs:
A bunch of Lego sets have shown up at Ross today. I saw Lego The Movie Ice Cream Truck $19.99, Build & Play Box $44.99, Chima Speedorz $14.99, Star Wars Mircofighters $7.99, Duplo Garbage Truck $14.99, and City Fire Chief Car $8.99.
DPCIs man! What do you even do around here?! ;)

Can any of you tell me what this might possibly mean?

This is for Hot Shots Golf Vita btw.

attachicon.gif
PriceofHotShotsVita.PNG
You looking for this? I saw one at my local store two days ago, sadly I didn't catch the price

edit-

brickseek says 4.98 with 2 in stock

Last edited by a moderator:
My target finally put the bins out but nothing interesting for me. Dmc hd collection and fight night champion were there but I just went to target to return a game. An old couple tried to return something without a receipt which was shipped to them and haven't even taken it out of the shipping package yet. Dude scans it and points to the package and says it's from walmart. Old man tells him, oh she (his wife) actually gave me the bag I didn't know that. Nevermind.

Talking about return frauds, can you actually return the same item you've already returned with the same receipt? What I mean is, if you returned lets say, bloodborne with a receipt and you keep the receipt, can you return a game you bought somewhere else with that same receipt? And if you can, wouldn't they be able to find out if you returned the item already?

Talking about return frauds, can you actually return the same item you've already returned with the same receipt? What I mean is, if you returned lets say, bloodborne with a receipt and you keep the receipt, can you return a game you bought somewhere else with that same receipt? And if you can, wouldn't they be able to find out if you returned the item already?
I think you are supposed to end that with "I am asking for a friend..."

My target finally put the bins out but nothing interesting for me. Dmc hd collection and fight night champion were there but I just went to target to return a game. An old couple tried to return something without a receipt which was shipped to them and haven't even taken it out of the shipping package yet. Dude scans it and points to the package and says it's from walmart. Old man tells him, oh she (his wife) actually gave me the bag I didn't know that. Nevermind.

It wouldnt work system would say item has already been returned

The system records when an item has been returned off of a particular receipt. I mean come on dude, Target's systems have been coded fairly stupidly in some aspects, but not *THAT* stupidly.

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll be all right.

And BTW, looks like the Vita games on clearance is now 70% off at some stores!
Well I went to a couple of Targets today. They had bins out...and LOOOOL! I knew it was too good to be true when I saw DK Tropical Freeze Wii U in the bin along with Minecraft PS3. Most of the stuff didn't even apply to the B1G1 promo.

Also Brickseek's putting out the prices of the Vita games down to $4.48, SOCOM 3 PSP $5.98, etc. I went there and everything was still at the normal clearance price. Ugh.

Huh, didn't realize that the PS3 Terraria Limited Edition had such a limited print run. I know my local Target carries a few of them. May consider picking one up.

Well I went to a couple of Targets today. They had bins out...and LOOOOL! I knew it was too good to be true when I saw DK Tropical Freeze Wii U in the bin along with Minecraft PS3. Most of the stuff didn't even apply to the B1G1 promo.

Also Brickseek's putting out the prices of the Vita games down to $4.48, SOCOM 3 PSP $5.98, etc. I went there and everything was still at the normal clearance price. Ugh.
The other target near me has a bin out with no games in it. lol...

Saw a bin of about 7 different Vita games in Culver City, but nothing over 50% off... might have bought 1 or 2 titles for 70% off, but I already had the titles or didn't care much.   Sorry I forget which games - it was like Unit 13, Hot Shots Golf, Little Big Planet (most expensive one at $19.99 - wtf?), and some other usual Vita suspects...

I came across Jak & Daxter Collection (Vita) for $5.98.. was clearance too, not as-is or online item.

DPCI 207-20-0158

target store in liberty, mo is evil. re-tag new white bar code for all 1-3 years old games. most games everyday you can get it for $14.99 - $19.99 with new white bar code price sticker $29.99 - $49.99.

Yes I've noticed this previously. I believe these are the new clearance prices propagated to the store(s)'s systems, but require the clearance pricing team to scan and accept them. Electronics clearance is usually on Mondayso I expect these new prices to be live Monday or Tuesday

Saw the strangest thing at guest service last night. Was picking up an online order and saw three guys with carts full of iTunes and Google Play gift cards. They scoured the entire store and more were brought out from the stock room. At the counter were stacked iPads and Nintendo 3ds XLs. I was stuck waiting there and these guys were clearly uncomfortable with my interest in what they were doing but the manager was trucking away ringing them up. They had several printed rainchecks laid out. I took a glance at some of the receipt prices, $10 for $25 iTunes cards and iPad Air 2's for $305! I don't recall ever seeing these prices advertised and was trying to figure out how they were coming to these discounts. I was floored the manager was not enforcing limits but apparently the rainchecks had no limit! Check out the scene!
b6f446ba629a5bb1a5d1f34cbcfc4727.jpg
c8450d652cd861faa2aea9f37a8c4a3b.jpg

I was trying to return/repurchase my online order to get a cartwheel offer and this same manager offered me a gift card for the refund I was waiting for instead. I was supposed to get $13 and change but he rounded it up to $20!

Curious what you guys think about this! When were those prices available? We're they from the black Friday gift card combo purchases?

Saw the strangest thing at guest service last night. Was picking up an online order and saw three guys with carts full of iTunes and Google Play gift cards. They scoured the entire store and more were brought out from the stock room. At the counter were stacked iPads and Nintendo 3ds XLs. I was stuck waiting there and these guys were clearly uncomfortable with my interest in what they were doing but the manager was trucking away ringing them up. They had several printed rainchecks laid out. I took a glance at some of the receipt prices, $10 for $25 iTunes cards and iPad Air 2's for $305! I don't recall ever seeing these prices advertised and was trying to figure out how they were coming to these discounts. I was floored the manager was not enforcing limits but apparently the rainchecks had no limit! Check out the scene!
b6f446ba629a5bb1a5d1f34cbcfc4727.jpg
c8450d652cd861faa2aea9f37a8c4a3b.jpg
I was trying to return/repurchase my online order to get a cartwheel offer and this same manager offered me a gift card for the refund I was waiting for instead. I was supposed to get $13 and change but he rounded it up to $20! Curious what you guys think about this! When were those prices available? We're they from the black Friday gift card combo purchases?
I wonder how much those guys paid for those Red New 3DS XL consoles.

Those definitely have not been on sale yet.

So if something goes on sale but OOS, we can just get a raincheck and pay the sale-price when it comes back in-stock?

Saw the strangest thing at guest service last night. Was picking up an online order and saw three guys with carts full of iTunes and Google Play gift cards. They scoured the entire store and more were brought out from the stock room. At the counter were stacked iPads and Nintendo 3ds XLs. I was stuck waiting there and these guys were clearly uncomfortable with my interest in what they were doing but the manager was trucking away ringing them up. They had several printed rainchecks laid out. I took a glance at some of the receipt prices, $10 for $25 iTunes cards and iPad Air 2's for $305! I don't recall ever seeing these prices advertised and was trying to figure out how they were coming to these discounts. I was floored the manager was not enforcing limits but apparently the rainchecks had no limit! Check out the scene! I was trying to return/repurchase my online order to get a cartwheel offer and this same manager offered me a gift card for the refund I was waiting for instead. I was supposed to get $13 and change but he rounded it up to $20! Curious what you guys think about this! When were those prices available? We're they from the black Friday gift card combo purchases?
EXTREMELY sketchy. iTunes giftcards for 60% off? Corporate bulk purchases with some minor discount are one thing (for employee and client gifts, awards, etc.), but given these shady rainchecks you are describing it sounds like they were definitely committing gaming the system. Report it to Target corporate. How were they paying for these purchases? And did they have reseller permits/licenses? If so, they were most likely filling out additional forms. I would report it to Target corporate as a "concerned consumer who was inconvenienced by the extremely long wait while these suspicious individuals were perpetrating some disturbing activity" or something to that effect.

Yeah, that's extremely shady at best and probably why they didn't want you nosing into it.

EXTREMELY sketchy. iTunes giftcards for 60% off? Corporate bulk purchases with some minor discount are one thing (for employee and client gifts, awards, etc.), but given these shady rainchecks you are describing it sounds like they were definitely committing gaming the system. Report it to Target corporate. How were they paying for these purchases? And did they have reseller permits/licenses? If so, they were most likely filling out additional forms. I would report it to Target corporate as a "concerned consumer who was inconvenienced by the extremely long wait while these suspicious individuals were perpetrating some disturbing activity" or something to that effect.
Yeah, they're probably interested in that. Especially if the manager was complicit in any way.

Are you serious?

Are you serious?
Hell yeah I'm serious, at the very least he should be able to get a decent giftcard for his time and trouble out of it, and these shit sippers could be costing Target (and thus by extension - Target customers) a hell of a lot of money with their shennanegans the cost of which is passed on to the rest of us. iTunes for 60% off and that doesn't set off red flags? Not only that, if they are using the Raincheck substitute method, most if not all stores specifically exclude electronics particularly Apple products and consoles.

Hey Brock, did you get any more pics of these guys? Hopefully you got pics of all three. The black lady CSR is looking like "HMMMM, this just don't seem right. Something wrong about this..."

Post that shit on Target's FB.  I have a decent amount of credit, but that is a lot of money to spend at once. I wonder how he actually charged all of that.

I like the look on the woman's face. I think we should caption her thoughts.

I remember employees telling me stories of two guys that came from California and bought up hundreds of consoles/misc electronics in the midwest to avoid recycling fees or something to that effect. It didn't seem practical to me, but they must have had a system.

nobody thinks the manager might have been in on it?   I mean I guess if it's really a hotel room number, then they probably wouldn't know the manager.   But I get hassled for legit stuff sometimes, and these dudes have so much stuff the guy is leaning on the pile LOL

manager is totally getting a cut of the profits.   hey, gotta feed the family somehow.

I just noticed. That is their hotel room number under the phone. I wonder where they are from...
Out-of-towners buying thousands of dollars worth of electronics and gift cards. Hmmm.

brock Samson, on 28 Mar 2015 - 09:54 AM, said:
Saw the strangest thing at guest service last night. Was picking up an online order and saw three guys with carts full of iTunes and Google Play gift cards. They scoured the entire store and more were brought out from the stock room. At the counter were stacked iPads and Nintendo 3ds XLs. I was stuck waiting there and these guys were clearly uncomfortable with my interest in what they were doing but the manager was trucking away ringing them up. They had several printed rainchecks laid out. I took a glance at some of the receipt prices, $10 for $25 iTunes cards and iPad Air 2's for $305! I don't recall ever seeing these prices advertised and was trying to figure out how they were coming to these discounts. I was floored the manager was not enforcing limits but apparently the rainchecks had no limit! Check out the scene! b6f446ba629a5bb1a5d1f34cbcfc4727.jpgc8450d652cd861faa2aea9f37a8c4a3b.jpg I was trying to return/repurchase my online order to get a cartwheel offer and this same manager offered me a gift card for the refund I was waiting for instead. I was supposed to get $13 and change but he rounded it up to $20! Curious what you guys think about this! When were those prices available? We're they from the black Friday gift card combo purchases?

Apparently wolfenstein ps4 is now clearanced at $15 near me

Might be in for a return and rebuy for b1g1-50% tomorrow if I can find the receipt

Target clearance is such a shitshow, I've seen it marked as low at 14.99 at some stores but still as high as 24.99 at others.
Yea I bought it recently at $20 because I kept seeing it at $28 along with zoo tycoon which was at $40 at the store that has wolfenstein for $15.

Also didn't see signs about $15 off BB+$20psn at that store.

Oi

To answer your questions, they said they were from LA and were using American Express. One was wearing a UGA hoodie to look local. I definitely saw the hotel key card holder. I don't recall them using a tax ID number. I asked the blue shirt guy if they were planning on selling them out of the country but none of his responses were friendlier. A target employee in the parking lot mentioned they had a store and the manager was unable to limit quantities with the raincheck, basically saying if the system accepted the raincheck discount scan they couldn't refuse the sale or discount.

My thoughts were the manager was basically subsidizing their profits through target's losses even if he was honoring the rainchecks he could choose to limit them. I recall that the employees in the store were excited since their pda's show store sales which were spiking. The manager showed it to these guys as well while I waited.

What are the time and quantity limits on rainchecks? I only glimpsed them for a second but the raincheck I saw was for an iTunes gift card so not a substitute. I knew about the substitution technique but thought electronics were off limits.

Rainchecks do expire i think its around 6 weeks. Rainchecks can be printed for almost everything on sale.
Sometimes the register will not allow to print a raincheck for whatever reason.
Other times the ad or actual sign for the items will say no rainchecks but can still be printed.

Ive had people come with rainchecks for $200 ipad minis gen 1. We told them no we couldnt use them since they were never suppose to receive them in the first place. If they wanted to use them to go back to the store they got them from. They were from out of town.

At Costa Mesa Target right now, pretty much the same except for two games:

:ps3: Killzone 3 $3.04 - it is part of the BOGO sale, but I can't find anything to combine with.
:360: The Walking Dead Season 2 $2.26 - damn I haven't seen a game at 90% off in a long time!
I got myself one, any local CAGs can still get it if they want, I left behind three copies.

At Costa Mesa Target right now, pretty much the same except for two games:
:ps3: Killzone 3 $3.04 - it is part of the BOGO sale, but I can't find anything to combine with.
:360: The Walking Dead Season 2 $2.26 - damn I haven't seen a game at 90% off in a long time!
I got myself one, any local CAGs can still get it if they want, I left behind three copies.
Damn, a bit too much out of the way for me. Thanks though Sky Ray

Wow, that is some serious reselling. Though I don't want to speculate and assume they are doing anything shady. There are people out there that travel for deals (yes, when you make enough you branch out to other states) so I don't automatically think it's bad. 

But, that is a lot to buy at once even for a reseller. Those iTunes gift cards won't make them much money either... unless they sell them at a market for $20, than they are making bank in terms of numbers of sales.

For the 3DS's, who knows, they probably were just buying them since it looks like they have money to spend. Can't think of any 3DS sale or Vita sale that would even allow a raincheck.

I really want to know what exactly is going on with them. I know there are professional (people with permits) resellers but I can't see any actually buying that much quantity. It is Apple stuff though.

To answer your questions, they said they were from LA and were using American Express. One was wearing a UGA hoodie to look local. I definitely saw the hotel key card holder. I don't recall them using a tax ID number. I asked the blue shirt guy if they were planning on selling them out of the country but none of his responses were friendlier. A target employee in the parking lot mentioned they had a store and the manager was unable to limit quantities with the raincheck, basically saying if the system accepted the raincheck discount scan they couldn't refuse the sale or discount.

My thoughts were the manager was basically subsidizing their profits through target's losses even if he was honoring the rainchecks he could choose to limit them. I recall that the employees in the store were excited since their pda's show store sales which were spiking. The manager showed it to these guys as well while I waited.

What are the time and quantity limits on rainchecks? I only glimpsed them for a second but the raincheck I saw was for an iTunes gift card so not a substitute. I knew about the substitution technique but thought electronics were off limits.
You should absolutely report this to corporate, but hold all speculation out of that report. That manager is not protecting his store from ridiculous, large-scale abuse.

Wow, that is some serious reselling. Though I don't want to speculate and assume they are doing anything shady. There are people out there that travel for deals (yes, when you make enough you branch out to other states) so I don't automatically think it's bad.

But, that is a lot to buy at once even for a reseller. Those iTunes gift cards won't make them much money either... unless they sell them at a market for $20, than they are making bank in terms of numbers of sales.

For the 3DS's, who knows, they probably were just buying them since it looks like they have money to spend. Can't think of any 3DS sale or Vita sale that would even allow a raincheck.

I really want to know what exactly is going on with them. I know there are professional (people with permits) resellers but I can't see any actually buying that much quantity. It is Apple stuff though.
the clearance sale during New Years perhap when they were $99.99 on certain models? Vitas to

Just read up some more on it. It's absurd. You could simply go into any store that doesn't have a big item that is on sale in stock, leave the store, go to another and substitute the item for anything "that is similar" to the OOS item.

Looks like it has to be an advertised deal though (in the ad) but regardless, if a Vita was on sale for 50% off in store and sells out, you could get a raincheck, go to another store and get a 3DS for 50% off. Or a PS4. But there is obvious limits (you won't get a PS4 for a Vita sale... I assume). 

There must be a list somewhere on what exactly can be substituted. 

bread's done
Back