Target Clearance Thread XXII

Btw, if a few items in following are any indication, most stores are showing Easter Seasonal pricing at 90% off now, so tomorrow might be a good time to check if interested. Not sure about candy but it might be 70% or even 90% off tomorrow too.

Btw, if a few items in following are any indication, most stores are showing Easter Seasonal pricing at 90% off now, so tomorrow might be a good time to check if interested. Not sure about candy but it might be 70% or even 90% off tomorrow too.
How quickly does the candy drop in price? I was just there Thursday and it was still 50%

Not really, for the reasons vicktor described. They might look nice, but given there doesn't appear to be a way to enter DPCIs/Online Item numbers manually into them ((that we know of yet), unlike the previous iterations of the in store price scanner/checker, I am not a fan. I've only seen them at a couple of newer City Target stores thus far, and I'm hoping these ipad-y tablet scanners don't replace the buttonpad or touchscreen ones.
They're mixed at best and obviously not aimed at us. You can get more info from them, if it finds the item, but it doesn't always work when punching in the number. When they first put them in near me they also were giving the website price and not the in store price.

Case in point where it worked in my favor though. I went to buy a smoke/carbon monoxide detector I saw on the website for a good price and said it was available in the store. Went to the aisle and looked through every package and couldn't find it, only a different model that was like twice as much. So I went and punched in the DPCI of the one I went for and it showed it was in stock and it's store location and peg location. Went back to the aisle and it was where the more expensive one was. Went and scanned that while trying to decide what to do and lo and behold it brought up the same result on the scanner as when I typed in the DPCI. So most likely it was the new model and they hadn't updated the system yet. Told them how it scanned at customer service and got the newer model at the better price with no issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
How quickly does the candy drop in price? I was just there Thursday and it was still 50%
In most cases (from my holiday clearance experiences), whenever the holiday items go for 90%, the holiday food should go to 70% at the same time. However, there are exceptions to this depending on the store you go to, so YMMV.

my stores are still 50% off candy today. Nothing that great either. They are getting smarter. Gone are the days of cartloads of 90% off candy to fill my candy bath.

My Target has gotten rid of almost all Vita stuff. I'm amazed there are still some with Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus, never mind 1.

Picked up Project Spark for $11.98 - 10% Cartwheel.

Ni No Kuni rang up at $9.99 (labeled as $19.99), but I don't need a second copy.

Couldn't find Wolfenstein for PS4.

Don't forget to use the 10% off CartWheel coupon!
I got :360: Wolfenstein TNO for $8.98, combined the 10% CartWheel coupon to get it for $8.08.

Just in case anyone is interested, wiiu tekken and wii batman brave and the bold rang up 9.99. Is this a good price for the batman game?

Checked Seal Beach Target, saw the usual still at 50%. Only thing new to note was:
:vita: Hot Shots Golf World Invitational $4.48
;psp: God of War Ghost of Sparta $5.98
:vita: Hyper Dimension Neptunia Re:Birth 2 Sisters Generation $27.96
:vita: Hyperdevotion Noire Goddess Black Heart $27.96

Santa Fe Springs Target:
The usual 50% for everybody except I got the last copy of :ps3: Ni No Kuni for $5.98 and :360: Inversion for $3.04. They were out of the system but luckily they had prices stickied on them. Combined CartWheel 10% coupon made it $8.85.

Ps3 tomb raider steel book and soul caliber 5 are 9.99 also
Awww I want the steel book version, they are all sold out around here, only the regular version is still in stock... I thought all of the Target versions were the Steelbook one but apparently not. If i order it online, would it be the Steelbook version?

Found one of the Target exclusive Max Payne+regular GTA IV bundled versions, same dcpi as the regular Max Payne version 207-24-0598 for $4.48. Very confusing coz Target also bundled Max Payne + GTA IV Greatest Hits Complete Edition (with Episodes from Liberty City) 207-24-2002 for $39.99

For some weird reason the one target near my wife's work has at least 10 copies each ps3 and 360 steel books. Been sitting there for a long time.

Just in case anyone is interested, wiiu tekken and wii batman brave and the bold rang up 9.99. Is this a good price for the batman game?
I wholeheartedly recommend Batman Brave and the Bold if you are a fan of the show and enjoy old school beat em ups or platformers. One of the few Wii games that I ever felt compelled to play all the way to the end. Word of warning, though - they do shoehorn in motion controls. Kids might not mind but think of it as a version of Streets of Rage or Final Fight where you're forced to shake the controller like a madman to activate your special attacks. That said, I would still recommend the game.

Speaking of brickseek, it seems like it is reflecting new lowered vita prices for the week. Littlebigplanet is now 5.99 near me, Wolfenstein for 360 is 8.98.

Is it true games only go to 70% off? I tried to get mlb 14 today because it shows as 4.49 on brickseek, but after i checked with the clearance team the price in store is definitely 8.98

A lot of Target stores have now salvaged out whatever was left of Easter/seasonal.  You might be able to catch employees loading up shopping carts and flatbeds full of leftovers.  Oh and if any of the stores are showing large quantities (20-100+) of the Lego Easter seasonal polybags, more than likely they will be "lost in the back stockroom" with no location at this point.  While they will ring up 90% off ($.39 for the Friends Golf polybag at most stores $.48 at higher priced stores, DPCI 086-02-3260 and $.34 for the City Trash Cart 204-00-0251 at most stores $.40 at higher priced locations), good luck finding them.

I'm in the process of writing up a detailed list of various Lego sets on clearance each at a handful of Target stores (50% and 70% off, mostly Chima, girl targeted sets and Duplo - roughly 10% of stores have them on clearance on average), if anyone wants a preview please PM me.  Because they are only on clearance at a few locations for the most part at this time, this goes with the caveat that no one re-post it anywhere until I have completed it and posted it...unless of course they don't want advanced notice/"sneak previews" from me in the future.  

Picked up a bag of Cadbury mini eggs and Hershey extra creamy eggs for the office jar at 70% off.  Nothing new on clearance but the 360 copy of Inversion was still in the glass prison at $3 which surprised me.  Resellers be slackin'.

Cadbury eggs are half off at Aldi (1.29 for 4 of them). Not the greatest deal, but I doubt they will last. I bought 10 packs and gave some to my parents. I've also decided my favorite candy is resses eggs. They have more peanut butter than regular resses.

Speaking of brickseek, it seems like it is reflecting new lowered vita prices for the week. Littlebigplanet is now 5.99 near me, Wolfenstein for 360 is 8.98.
I saw that brickseek and similar sites were showing 90% off prices for several vita games and, when I stopped by, they were still at 75% (Gravity Rush showed $2.28 and was $4.98, Uncharted showed as $5.99 and was $11.98) so just an FYI if your trip is out of the way.

Is it true games only go to 70% off? I tried to get mlb 14 today because it shows as 4.49 on brickseek, but after i checked with the clearance team the price in store is definitely 8.98
70% is usually the final slash, after a few weeks it gets deleted from the system. However I am starting to see games going as far as 90% recently, very few through.
Ones I have seen go that far are a few year back: :wii: Alice in Wonderland, :360: Asura's Wrath; recently: :360: The Walking Dead Season 2, :360: Inversion, and :ps3: Killzone 3.

Cadbury eggs are half off at Aldi (1.29 for 4 of them). Not the greatest deal, but I doubt they will last. I bought 10 packs and gave some to my parents. I've also decided my favorite candy is resses eggs. They have more peanut butter than regular resses.
Remember that the formula was changed in the Cadbury eggs.

Remember that the formula was changed in the Cadbury eggs.
The whole cadbury egg thing is confusing. Here is my understanding:

This year they changed the recipe in the UK.

We have a separate recipe using Hershey chocolate, not cadbury. They made the change in the US in 2005 IIRC. They also made the eggs smaller at that time in the US market. So we haven't had "real" cadbury eggs since 2005 in the USA.

have you seen those easter GIANT reese's eggs? it's insane.

http://www.amazon.com/Reeses-Peanut-Butter-Easter-6-Ounce/dp/B00H3T0A7E

saw this 2pack at CVS on clearance don't know how much they were tho (not a link to CVS just the process)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REESES-GIANT-PEANUT-BUTTER-EGGS-2-PACK-FRESH-12-OUNCES-CHOCOLATE-CUP/171748472515?_trksid=p2054897.c100204.m3164&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140407115239%26meid%3D55dae8c009554d9c9cd76b17554638da%26pid%3D100204%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D30%26sd%3D311334772474

I saw that brickseek and similar sites were showing 90% off prices for several vita games and, when I stopped by, they were still at 75% (Gravity Rush showed $2.28 and was $4.98, Uncharted showed as $5.99 and was $11.98) so just an FYI if your trip is out of the way.
Yep, ran into this. Scored Ni no Kuni for 5.98 though.

So Gravity Rush was back up to $39.99 at my target today. Anyone ever heard of a clearance game going back up to full price? I scanned it and everything. There was a bunch of them too.

So Gravity Rush was back up to $39.99 at my target today. Anyone ever heard of a clearance game going back up to full price? I scanned it and everything. There was a bunch of them too.

Weird I just went by target today to get bf hardline and they all a sudden had a bunch of vita and psp games on an end stand. I don't know where they came from, must have been the back, but I managed to get Gravity rush for 4.98 sly cooper 4, birth by sleep for 4.99 and God of war GoS for 5.98 and they had a ps4 wolfenstein Mis marked at 8.98 so that's what I got that for.

Everything Easter seasonal clearance I've been tracking suddenly re-set to full price, including the two Lego poly bags. I expect that to be reflected throughout stores tomorrow. Though there were plenty of days to score these (and everything else Easter related) at 50, 70, and 90% off, so if ya missed out, ya snooze ya lose.

bread's done
Back