Target Clearance Thread XXII

Actually, if an item is priced wrong but on the sales floor, it has to be sold to that customer for that price if they want it. Same goes for most stores though it is up to a manager to decide whether to go against that policy or not.

This is the main reason stores will take price mistake items off the shelves instead of telling a customer no it's actually XYZ price. I've gotten a few items cheaply b/c of this. I remember Walmart had in their ad that a LEGO star wars set was $20 but normally $98. I got 2 even though the manager didn't want to give it to me. He immediately removed all the others from the shelves.
For the tenth time, this is not correct. It is a goodwill gesture to sell it to you at the price marked, but there is case law on the books from New York that has been cited in lawsuits in several states.

As mentioned, at best it varies by state.

An advertised price does not constitute an offer to sell, and is thus not bound by contract.

For the tenth time, this is not correct. It is a goodwill gesture to sell it to you at the price marked, but there is case law on the books from New York that has been cited in lawsuits in several states.

An advertised price does not constitute an offer to sell, and is thus not bound by contract.
I never said it was the law... I said it is the stores internal policy to sell an item even if it is priced wrong unless a manager refuses the sale.

Iwannaseethereceipts.gif

It's policy but the managers can ignore the policy? OK.
That's not even a joke. I found that out the hard way when I tried to price match Assassin's Creed 3 Limited Edition at Target (with BestBuy). It was still in stock, could be added to cart, etc. The manager comes over and agrees with the security guard of all things to refuse the price match b/c "the price is too low". I called Target's phone service and was told that even though the item is eligible for price match, it is up to a store's specific manager to deny a sale for any reason regardless of store policy.

I end up getting a call back 2 days later from the same store but different manager saying I can buy it. I turned it down since I already got it from another Target.

EDIT: Enough proof for you?

I9InUrj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, this guy.

Yup.

One of the few things I walked away with from my (New York) business law class is that the offer isn't made when a retailer puts a sticker on the item; the consumer is making the offer when he goes to the register and says (by action of bringing the item to the register) "I will buy this for the price stated." It's then up to the retailer to accept or deny the offer.

Of course most retailers will honor misprinted items because they value repeat business more than the few dollars they may lose on the item. But ever since I learned that, it's annoyed me when in Walmart or whatever and their clientele morph into junior lawyers and start spouting "false advertising!" and "bait and switch" bullshit.

I found some goodies today. Xbox one controller with charge n play, sans price sticker but rang up $19.98.

Then a bunch of crap all marked with "repackage" stickers even though it was all new in shrink. 

PS3 Red Dead GotY $4.XX

PS3 Grid 2 $3.XX

PS3 Injustice Ultimate $6.XX

PS3 Final Fantasy XIII $3.XX

DS Dragon Quest IX $5.XX

DS Fossil Fighters Championship $5.XX

360 Rockstar 4 pack $10.XX

Vita Tearaway $11.XX

Vita Minecraft $5.XX

So you complained to get the lower price lol on the laptop
Nope. I would have been perfectly fine leaving the store without it. That doesn't mean I'm not going to make a case for the item being marked wrongly when I drove over there specifically for it.

EDIT: For anyone that is looking for a laptop, check 056-01-0050 as it should be $149.99 at all stores that still have it. 2 stores in my state did have it in stock.

Here are the specs http://www.target.com/p/acer-15-slim-laptop-pc-e5-511-p0gc-with-1tb-hard-drive-4gb-memory-silver/-/A-15706127?clkid=a81c8816Nc2b9ccb0d01a1c75ad9ef735&lnm=81938&afid=Fyndly&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0002

I found some goodies today. Xbox one controller with charge n play, sans price sticker but rang up $19.98.

Then a bunch of crap all marked with "repackage" stickers even though it was all new in shrink.

Would love to pick up another FFXIII, but than again, I want to beat all of the XIII series on PC instead.

Bummer, I did scan it on the price checker and it was $30. I got this last week though. Maybe it dropped to 17 this week.
Could always check the prices on any of the online checkers and do a price adjustment if you're in the area of one store.

One target has the Dyson Ball for $150 by me as well (18miles away)...but everywhere else is $500. Wonder why.
That's how it was around here. They didn't even have the model on display anymore had to ask an employee and he went to the back and found it. First target I seen with a new fancy touch screen price checker.

Nope. I would have been perfectly fine leaving the store without it. That doesn't mean I'm not going to make a case for the item being marked wrongly when I drove over there specifically for it.
But you know already that prices in brickseek aren't always the same at the store as it changes when the crew physically changes the price on their price guns

But you know already that prices in brickseek aren't always the same at the store as it changes when the crew physically changes the price on their price guns
I never said I checked the price on BrickSeek.

I checked the price in store. I was at that store earlier in the day and checked the DPCI (the one found on the clearance sticker on the laptop) as I was there. It rang up as $149.99 in store. I left and came back with my friend so he can buy one for himself.

[quote name="kraftwerks" post="12956316" timestamp="1444178289"]I found some goodies today. Xbox one controller with charge n play, sans price sticker but rang up $19.98.
PS3 Red Dead GotY $4.XX
PS3 Grid 2 $3.XX
PS3 Injustice Ultimate $6.XX
DS Dragon Quest IX $5.XX
DS Fossil Fighters Championship $5.XX
360 Rockstar 4 pack $10.XX
Vita Tearaway $11.XX
Vita Minecraft $5.XX[/quote]

Got the DCPI for the XB1 with charge and play or vita minecraft?

So I've been sorting and cleaning all night and getting stuff out of bags and on to shelves. I noticed that recent Target receipts don't have an extended return date on them despite using my debit Red Card.  Am I missing something?

That's how it was around here. They didn't even have the model on display anymore had to ask an employee and he went to the back and found it. First target I seen with a new fancy touch screen price checker.
Has anyone successfully completed a return/rebuy/payment change for something this expensive? There is one store near me that has the price as $149 but zero in stock. Other ones near me have the vacuums in stock but are $499.

Has anyone successfully completed a return/rebuy/payment change for something this expensive? There is one store near me that has the price as $149 but zero in stock. Other ones near me have the vacuums in stock but are $499.
I did this for a Canon DSLR a year or so ago. Price difference was around 250 bucks. I bought the camera at 1 store with a regular credit card, the next day I went to the lower priced store and said that I forgot to use my Red Card on the purchase and the person at customer service didn't bat an eye and did the return/rebuy.

Looking for a copy of Minecraft Vita. Anyone willing to sell me a copy at clearance price? I will cover shipping
It sounds like someone just wants an empty Vita case because Minecraft for Vita doesn't come with an actual cartridge, it's just a code for the PS3 and Vita versions.

So I've been sorting and cleaning all night and getting stuff out of bags and on to shelves. I noticed that recent Target receipts don't have an extended return date on them despite using my debit Red Card. Am I missing something?
You mean the 30 or 45 day (I forget what it is) policy? I believe it's been like that for a few years already.

I did this for a Canon DSLR a year or so ago. Price difference was around 250 bucks. I bought the camera at 1 store with a regular credit card, the next day I went to the lower priced store and said that I forgot to use my Red Card on the purchase and the person at customer service didn't bat an eye and did the return/rebuy.
Anyone tried it without a red card?

I saw a camo controller yesterday at a target but it came up as item not found at the price scanner. Maybe I'll go back and PM their website if it comes up more expensive at the register.

I saw a camo controller yesterday at a target but it came up as item not found at the price scanner. Maybe I'll go back and PM their website if it comes up more expensive at the register.
Have an associate scan it with the price gun. They should sell it to you for whatever price it is on there.

I picked up, Silver Headset for $17.98 & Killzone: Liberation $2 today.
Had to get the associate to scan the headset to change the price though, luckily she was already doing tag changes in Toys.

Or 120 for other items and the receipt would reflect that. The receipts I came across last night showed 30 days for electronics and 90 for regular stuff but were paid for with the Red Card.
The REDcard adds 30 days, but it doesn't show on receipts. The registers should accept a return up to 60 days but I hear that sometimes they won't. GSTL can override that though so you shouldn't have a problem returning something with a 30 day policy after that 30 days.

The REDcard adds 30 days, but it doesn't show on receipts. The registers should accept a return up to 60 days but I hear that sometimes they won't. GSTL can override that though so you shouldn't have a problem returning something with a 30 day policy after that 30 days.
OK, maybe I'm imagining that it used to show on the receipt then. Long as I have the extra time is all that matters.

Curious is there a number i can call for getting my Redcard sent out or something? Did the whole process and never got the darn thing. Target CS was no help at all at my location near by.

bread's done
Back